Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 11, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 11, 2016

Abby lets the match go out, but keep striking matches, letting them go out, as she tells Ben off, refuting his claim she would never hurt anyone, talking of how he terrorized her, stalked her, threatened her and her family. Meanwhile, Chad has gone around to the French doors and broke them down, yelling for Abby. Upstairs, she lights another match, and this time drops it on the bed, flames erupt, (mostly Ben's leg area). Chad comes bursting in, trying to put out the flames, Abby pulling him away, no, no, let him die. He makes sure she is o.k. then gets the flames out, and from that point, ignoring Ben who is writhing in pain.

Chad tells her to focus on her baby, on Thomas, and next she is cradling him, singing to him an old nursery song, , Chad calls JJ, tells him to get a squad there, Ben is there, tied up but injured, need ambulance, Abby & Thomas are safe, but get here NOW. Upstairs Ben is straining to get loose and finally manages to get his hands free.

Abby is upset that Ben stopped her, she wanted to kill Ben, Chad is trying to reason with her, talking calmly, but trying to get her to stop saying she wanted Ben dead, tried to kill him. He talks self defense, she denies this, over and over. Finally, he gets her to tell what happened, and haltingly, a few tears and sniffling, and she relates what happened, and how Thomas was in the room, and she wanted to get Ben away from where Thomas was, so made him think she wanted him to take her to bed. Chad is encouraging her, she did good, she protected Thomas, did what she had to do, got Ben upstairs, onto the bed, she was on top, got the scissors out of the night stand, stabbed him, then tied him up. And tried to kill him and you would not let him die. You stopped me. Ben has come down, slowly, seems to be listening.

Chad is in the foyer, punches Ben in the jaw, down he goes. He is next on a gurney, EMTs, etc. JJ & Lani are there, Chad is telling his version of how Ben broke in, Abby stabbing him, then throwing a kerosene lamp at him, thus the fire. JJ is more or less backing him up, but not Lani, who wants to talk to Abby herself. Chad refuses to let her, Ben is croaking to arrest her, getting a couple words out about fire, calling Abby names. JJ says Ben is psycho, will say anything, tells his fellow cops and EMTs to not leave Ben alone for a second. (Ben is tied down on the gurney).

JJ has told Abby he loves her, it is over, Ben will never bother her again, he & Chad will see to it. When Chad & Abby are alone, he says mostly the same thing, but she is holding the sleeping Thomas, telling Chad "damn you, damn you, Chad, damn you". Because of you I will never be safe, and when he kills me, it will be because of what you did. She is crying, he holds her.

Steve sits in the square, burger & fries on a plate, taking an aspiring, is joined by Joey, who figures he is nursing a hangover. Steve denies, tho admits having one too many. Joey knows his parents argued, Steve always goes for a drink when they do, he saw the flowers, the note, the ring. They get joined by Jade, who is full of her happy talk, Mr. Johnson is so cool. But finally, she & Joey leave, and are elsewhere, eating, she is talking of going to a concert in Chicago next week, her ex-boyfriend can get them in free, despite the concert being sold out. And a girlfriend of hers will let them stay all week at her place. It is Spring Break, they could have a blast. Joey is not keen on that idea.

Over at the hospital, Kayla is in the hospital bed, Fynn having run a cat scan, shows her, and she realizes she has a sub-dural hematoma. He wants to know how it happened, she gives a song and dance, not important, but does admit she was knocked unconscious. He warns it could go away, or maybe not. Serious stuff here. He has called Steve, she wants to call, & say, don't come. Too late. Steve comes in the door, Fynn leaves, Kayla doesn't want to tell him why she is there, none of his business. Finally, she does, Steve doesn't want to leave her, she is insistant on not needing him. They argue back and forth, , she really gets on his case about giving her space, time, she doesn't want him involved here.

He realizes it is his fault Ava came after her, she knows that, not his fault at all. but just go, leave her be for a while. Reluctantly, he leaves, sits on a park bench, looking at her picture.

Fynn brings a prescription to Kayla for anti-seizure medicine, she goes home, sees the flowers on the table, picks up the note and ring, sits on the sofa, reading the note, fingering the ring.

Sorry, folks, I probably got interrupted a dozen times while watching, so if I have missed anything, just feel free to add it.

Very disappointed that they completely cut the Kayla and Steve flashbacks. I felt bad for Steve, Kayla was pretty harsh to him. Fynn yelling at Kayla to tell him how she hit her head was over acting, in my opinion. Gotta love JJ the rookie barking out orders while Lani just stood there.

Thomas looking back and forth at Chad and Abby's faces was just too precious. He was like "Mom's gone Cray Cray (crazy) and you want her to keep me when she is trying to hand me to you?" :rotfl: He just kept looking at whoever was talking and would look at the responder. I need to make a GIF. lol

Was the Salem PD riding on turtles? What took them so long? Ok, I know, drama purposes. Great job by all the actors. JJ is getting better in cop mode.

I'm sorry, but this was just too much for me. Again, while I understand what Abigail did, I did not need to see it play out over half of the show. Ben's burnt legs, (yeah, great job by the make up department, but still) and him getting up and walking down the stairs. What was that ? A spinoff of "The Walking Dead" but with Ben in it : "The walking burnt killer " ? :sick::eek: Really, too gory for me. (By the way, I don't watch such series as "The Walking Dead", cause I can't stand the horror, or the violence). I did not like anything. I just wanted it to be over. Despite of the great acting.

Kayla and Steve : I just don't get it. How come Kayla changed her mind so fast ? :confused:

Jade and Joey : FF material for me.

JJ : Wow ! So the rookie is now in charge and gives orders ! Amazing ! :rolleyes: And Lani... go away !

I surprised myself by watching this episode. I never, ever watch anything gory or really, anything intense in any way, but somehow I was compelled to watch through this. Yes, makeup and acting were good all around. That Ben is one scary character! Abby was very believable throughout the whole thing--even standing there holding the baby and stroking him, with blood and lighter-fluid stained hands and clothes.

I have to amend what I said earlier about Jade. I did watch her scene with Steve, and even found it entertaining, but that was only because of Steve's responses to her. His comments and facial expressions were great! On the other hand, he did irritate me when he was at the hospital. I don't like what Kayla i doing, but she shouldn't have had to argue with him to get him to give her some space, when she is lying there with a head injury and is obviously very emotionally stressed by his presence.

200.gif

Was the Salem PD riding on turtles? What took them so long?
Don't give Roman any ideas. He might just decide to sign up a squad of Galapagos tortoises to speed members of his police force around Salem. As for the episode, it was a bad day for virtually everyone -- Ben is in dire straits, Abigail needs the services of a professional mental health counselor, Steve's marriage seems to be on the rocks, and Kayla is dealing both with Steve and her medical issues. The only one who seems happy is Jade who is so clueless and oblivious that she doesn't realize just how bad life is in Salem for most of its residents.
JJ : Wow ! So the rookie is now in charge and gives orders ! Amazing ! :rolleyes: And Lani... go away !
It's good old Salem favoritism. Instead of walking a beat or writing parking tickets, JJ gets to work at headquarters, and then rush out on major calls and bark orders at officers with more seniority. In a few weeks, he may be a detective. As for Lani, she should just give up and go away. In-crowd Salemites are great at cleaning up crime scenes and if there's no doubt about their guilt, Roman will just look the other way.

How on earth did Chad put those flames out so fast? He hit them with a blanket or something a couple of times and poof, no more flames. Especially since she used lighter fluid. Seems unlikely. I'm sure this will cause issues between Abby and Chad since he stopped her. I loved her trying to hand him Thomas "I have to go kill him, take the baby" . Abby has gone over the edge.

Was funny how JJ was barking orders. And Chad is certainly being all high and mighty yelling that if the Salem PD did their job this wouldn't have happened. I think Chad could have done better too!! Like never ever leave Abby alone. You knew she was unstable. Why did he leave her with the baby? He needs to take some responsibility. Overall good episode though.

Did Chad actually break down the French doors? It looked to me like he had trouble opening them and then finally one side opened. Also, when he got to the foyer, the camera panned to the round table pushed up against the front door. So perhaps a scene wasn't cut on Friday.

I felt so bad for baby Thomas today. I wanted to reach through the screen and grab him. Once again, great job by the actors playing Abby, Ben and Chad. All 3 were stellar. Glad the burning scenes were over by 1:06pm but TPTB need to realize that people eat lunch while watching this show. Save the gore for prime time.

I also thought it was funny JJ was the one barking orders. And once again, where was Rafe??? He should have been involved as should Hope at this point.

I don't care about Joey and Jade but I liked Joey sitting with Steve and stealing his french fries. Thought that was cute. Between Jade and Summer, Jade is definitely the lesser of 2 evils.

Is the show no longer able to air more than 10 characters per episode? I'm all for longer scenes to drive story but not when it's at the expense of other characters not being seen or properly utilized.

Well, Kate Mansi (Abby) is going to have plenty of episodes to choose from for her Emmy reel next year. Today she was absolutely stellar. I was completely riveted during all her scenes. And of course Chad and Ben were great as well. I felt so bad for Chad as he is witnessing her complete and utter breakdown. He's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here with her current mental state. I'm hoping Marlena gets involved soon as I thought that was a spoiler for today but maybe that's yet to come. When she tried to hand the baby over to Chad so she could go back upstairs and kill Ben my jaw about hit the floor. I know not everyone is enjoying this story but I think from a continuity standpoint and just the concept of a complete story, this is one of the best from these writers.

I loved Steve nursing the hangover and Joey calling him out on his behavior. LOL. I'm glad that Steve knows what happened to Kayla because I was a little irritated at her for telling Fynn to not tell anyone in her family as if she only had a cut on her arm. I know she's stressed out about everything they've been through the past number of months with Ava and all that but she needs her family. I didn't think she was going to tell Steve at all and was actually surprised when she finally did. It would have been nice if we could have had Caroline visiting with Kayla offering up some motherly advice. But I'm sure Caroline is too busy with her visions of Victor. She doesn't have time for her children or grandchildren. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure JJ wouldn't have ANY type of authority over anyone so hearing him barking orders today had me :rotfl:. I did love Chad chewing out the police for their incompetence and telling them they wouldn't be questioning Abby until he said so. Good for him. I think the reason Kayla was released from the hospital was because they needed that room for when Ben gets brought in. :wink:

Thanks for the summary. Good show! Looked like Abby was trying to turn Ben into Darth Vader! Great acting all around. Hopefully Ben stays put in jail this time. It was funny that JJ was giving orders instead of Lani or another cop. And where was Rafe?

Not a Jade fan but I'll take her over Summer. I did enjoy the Johnson family scenes. Heartbreaking with Steve and Kayla. Writers, please fix this!!

Thanks, Poirot.

Great show with the great performances by the actors who play Abby, Chad, and Ben.
Baby Thomas did well too. Soaphead great GIF.

Chad said he cleaned up the mess. I wonder if they will use another bedroom to
sleep in. I would.

It was painful to watch Ben move and try to escape. It was easier to transport him since
he was already downstairs :)

Roman must be teaching JJ how to be bossy.

Interesting to see Steve take a pill for his hangover. Did he have a headache? Later,
we learn Kayla has something wrong with her brain. It was sad to watch them in her
room. I'm glad Kayla told him what she had.

It was hard to watch Abby too. She yelled at Ben first that he changed her.
Later, she wanted to
back upstairs to finish the job.

Chad yelled at the Salem PD for being incompetent. I wonder if he'll yell at the security
guards he hired too.

Steve/Kayla : Great, although I don't for a second think this separation will take, so ultimately, they're wasting our time. (The writers, that is.)

Abby: HOLY SMOKES. Chad: Give this man an Emmy®. Baby Thomas: These are definitely the most intense scenes he'll appear in during his entire acting career.

I actually like Jade. Joey's related to the other girls on canvas, so we need some fresh blood. I want to meet her parents, eventually, slowly, but for now, she's somebody different. (If I could connect her to any Salem family, I'd make her Tanner and Molly's daughter. But that would make her Joey's step-cousin, and that's too close for my comfort. And I know how Poirot doesn't like making everyone connected. :) )

I could have done without seeing Ben's legs today. Like others here, I don't enjoy violence on my TV shows and I especially dislike seeing the gore. However, I did feel that Kate Mansi (Abigail) had a stellar performance of someone who has been driven over the edge.

I liked how she went and held the baby and just looked at him while Chad was talking to the police. I also feel that JJ has become too much like Roman, but where was Rafe or Hope? Why would a rookie cop be in charge and why was JJ in authority when Lani was there?

I felt bad for Steve today. I think Kayla is being way too harsh with him by pushing him away. Joey and Jade were cute when they came by while he was eating and Joey snitching some of Steve's french fries. Unlike some of you, I like Jade for Joey. She reminds me somewhat of Bev when she met JJ, and as Jason mentioned, she is not related to Joey.

I'm at a loss to where they are going with Steve and Kayla right now. I don't believe the breakup is permanent but also don't understand the point of the hematoma unless it's to bring Ava back? Otherwise, it's a rather cheap attempt at a reconciliation that is already inevitable in my opinion.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if Jade somehow belonged to Deimos.

Last edited:
Back