Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 13, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 13, 2015

The truth of Paul's parentage, and the story surrounding it are revealed today, in an emotional episode, one of all kinds of emotions, and filler scenes as well. Abby continues to down the sushi plate, so confident that Chad set this all up to impress her. Chad lets her continue to grin and eat, smiling away, until Harold announces Miss Browning has arrived. It takes Abby a couple of minutes to realize Zoe was the expected dinner guest, not her, she tells Zoe she was just hungry, is sorry, and beats a hasty retreat, totally embarrassed.
Meanwhile Ben is talking with Daddy, who warns him not to trust Chad, despite the nice thing Chad did, figures Chad was really trying to impress Ben's girl. Not to worry, Daddy will get an attorney, take care of it all. (Those who watch the show...at the beginning Ben looks as though he needs a shave, but while talking to Clyde, he suddenly seems clean shaven....or is it just shadows??)

Hope is in the park, on the phone with someone, sounding like police business, and an arm reaches out. She goes into police "repel attack" mode, but it is Aiden. She is apologizing, did not think he would be back until tomorrow, he just wanted to surprise her. Aplogies, kisses (and why are both dressed up then?) and out to Victor's club they go. They chat about the kids, Clyde arrives, is sorry to interrupt, but needs to see Aiden, his boy is in a bit of trouble. Aiden will see him in the morning. Clyde leaves. Aiden can tell Hope doesn't like Clyde. Oh, she doesn't know him well enough for that, but trust him. Nope, not for a second.
Later, Clyde is on the phone with someone, cannot come to Poplar Bluff, no, don't cut him loose, he will have him taken care of, but right now he has to take care of something here in Salem.

Abby shows up at Ben's, brought ice cream, tells him about going to see Chad, but Ben acts nochalant, doesn't care. They make a sundae, share it, and soon are doing the horizontal mambo in bed.

Replay of Tori admitting that she met Paul's father there in Salem years ago. John is shocked, Paul is, too, is asking questions, she is trying to get him to leave, he refuses. She points at Marlena, saying it is all your doing, then at Will, then faints. Paul catches her, but she just wants some water. She wants to talk to Paul privately, Sonny lets them use his office, he will bring some food and water (she had not eaten today yet). In the office, she talks further, Sonny comes with a sandwich, is sorry all this happened this way. She had said she wished Sonny had never been in Paul's life, but now she explains that this would not have happened, and they would be gone from Salem. After Sonny leaves, Paul asks his mother if John is really is father.

Out in the club, John is attempting to cope with this, asks marlena why she did not tell him. She only had suspicions, and did not want to stir anything up if they were not true. Will is accusing Sonny of doing all this on purpose, which is why he called him to come there....but Sonny blows up at Will, all the lies, constant lies. Will tries to weasel out, yaps about getting Paul to leave, but Sonny won't let him off the hook there. He talks about Will leaving for CA for 6 mos., no thought as to Sonny at all. He returns, lies about why he came back. Then has his big story he has to write, and won't tell that he is married. Sex with Paul; doesn't tell about that, then another big story, and lies, saying it was about school budget.

Paul & Tori come out, John wants answers from Tori. Paul doesn't want to give him the time of day, figuring that he tossed his mom aside. But Tori explains that when she left Salem, went home, she discovered she was pregnant, did not know what to do, her family would be so ashamed. So she came back to Salem to tell John......only he was now a priest (flashback to John holding a cross, praying that God take away the evil. This is Probably during the Possession storyline)) So she decided to say he was dead, her family would accept that. (All these scenes are rather emotional, with a lot being said between the different characters at different times)
Paul & Tori leave, return to his room. His grampa calls, they talk in Japanese, but there are subtitles. Grampa misses them, thought they were returning tonight. He loves his grandson, no matter what is in magazines about him.

John is outside with Marlena, talking of what a good baseball player paul was, how he knew all his stats for 5 years, even went to Chicago to watch him pitch. It was exciting, everyone so expectant, and wanting to see him pitch. Maybe back then, deep down, John felt a connection, that Paul was his son. He still is asking Marlena why she did not tell him. She says he should give paul time, he has a lot to absorb, tells John she loves him, and leaves.
Will gets accusatory, that Sonny looked at his deleted files. Yep, Sonny did, and found he lied again. Will says the story was only speculation, and when he learned it wasn't true, he deleted it. Will gets a call, the sitter has to leave. WE have to go home for Ari. Sonny tells him to go ahead, he is going to clean up a bit. Will wants to stay, but Sonny tells him to go, he does not want to hear another word from his lying mouth. Will goes out, but mutters that he is NOT going to lose Sonny.

I have to say I liked this episode. I felt like there was a real pay-off to the revelation that Paul is John's son. Although I wish John would stop quoting Will's "version" of events about what went down between him and Paul. It just makes him look stupid in my very humble opinion. Well maybe he'll wise up where that's concerned. But the important thing is there was movement in this story which I'm glad of because I was losing patience with the glacial pace of practically every story. Maybe that's just because I'm not as young as I once was and I mean that literally since today is my birthday. :)

I find it absolutely fascinating that Will STILL sees himself as a victim here. The workings of this boy's mind would probably drive both Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung to give up their practices and go join a monastery in the Swiss Alps.

I have very little interest in the Ben/Abigail/Chad thingie because of the lack of a strong storyline for Ben and Abigail but I did a kick out of Zoe walking in to find Abigail chowing down on her sushi. I was going to say that as long Chad listens to Stefano he's dead to me. But I have to say despite that I think this alliance (for lack of a better word) between Chad and Zoe could have interesting possibilities. Yes very interesting possibilities indeed.

I really hate that I am getting interrupted so much of late......but, the reason Chad had Zoe come over, it seems DiMera Enterprises now owns Sonix magazine, and ......well, Chad figures that there may be certain stories that Sonix could write....or...put a special spin on.....maybe.

And yes, Marlena was taken aback at John's repeating of what he heard from Will......she did ask Will, who immediately tried to cover. Oh, all he said WAS true.....but Marlena tells him it seems he shaded those truths quite a bit.

I just wish marlena would have said to John, exactly what she knows to be the entire, unvarnished true facts.

Will declaring he won't lose Sonny. Seems Son of Sami hasn't learned his lesson yet ....
No he hasn't. He made a perfect fool of himself today. Sonny had a good response to him with: "You lied to me by accident?" Will sure didn't. That said, how many accidental lies are there in Salem? In song, there's a city that's built on rock 'n roll, but Salem is built on lies. As for Tori, if she was better informed about John's adventures over the years, she'd know that there were few "good" times to tell him that Paul was his son. Tori could just as easily have arrived when he was on one of his interminable trips, having his memory erased, in a coma, or playing the role of "The Pawn."

I just finished watching and Paul tickled me when he asked John if him being a priest was just a phase. If only he knew. :rotfl:His father's past would make him dizzy. I'd love for someone to tell him about John's time as a personal assassin. :rotfl::rotfl:

When Sonny said "Do you honestly think you can do whatever you want & hurt whoever you want in the process", for a second I honestly expected the camera to pan to Sami. :rotfl:

:clap: Best nickname yet! (I just might use it myself. :))

Me too! Thanks Cryin!

So Son of Sami is reminding me of actual Sami back when she was a teenager trying to steal Austin from her sister Carrie. She had that exact same relentless attitude. Let's hope Son of Sami isn't as vindictive.

Dimera Enterpises owning Sonix is interesting but why do they own it?!? I hate how these writers mention something and give no background whatsoever and/or drop it just as suddenly as it's brought up. It would be interesting if Titan brought back Bella Magazine to compete or if The Spectator became a big deal again. The only other "journalist" in town is Nicole and we rarely see her working. I realize Bella is a fashion magazine but I'm willing to forget that tidbit for storyline purposes.

Chad and Zoe had nice chemistry.

So we know the background as to why Ben chose the alias Kevin Reynolds or do we?

Clyde told Ben not to go Aiden but then he turns around and goes to Aiden himself. I also think Clyde is way more interesting without Kate than with her. He was tolerable today. But it was creepy how he popped up at Hope and Aiden's table so suddenly.

I have mixed feelings about the Paul and John storyline. I was a bit underwhelmed by the reveal. But at least we got a Belle mention so that's progress.

JS, when I read your comments about the plane for Fridays show I thought
of that TV show. When I saw show today, I made a note to go find the
intro for the show. All I can say is that something is going on and it's
bigger than all of us :)

I thought it was interesting what Paul said about John and one of
his phases. Does he know all of John's history/phases? It might take
awhile for Paul to learn it all.

We had product placement today. Ben said he got his last name
from looking at an aluminum box. It must have been Reynolds Wrap.

I'm glad Marlena told John what happened and why she couldn't
tell him. Then she said she loved him :love:

Thanks for the summary, sounds like a good show.

Hope/Aiden/Clyde weren't all that today. And as usual, the Abigail and Ben scenes/romp...boring. Luckily, the Chad & Zoe stuff made up for it.

And of course, the main event. LOVE that Sonny told off Will again, and that the truth is out!! I can't wait to see where this storyline will go now!!

There just aren't any words for Will anymore. I just can't take him or this actor at all. Freddie Smith (Sonny) danced all over Guy Wilson (Will) in their scenes.

I actually kind of liked the Zoe/Chad/Abigail scenes. It was hilarious how Abby ate the sushi meant for Zoe and then she was embarrassed about it. It was certainly unexpected to have Zoe and Chad sharing scenes so I will give the writers props for that.

I was a bit disappointed/underwhelmed at the John/Marlena scenes. I imagine there will be more to come but it just felt like not much was said when much more needed to be discussed. I kept waiting for Marlena to provide more details re: Will and how she came to the realization that John was (or could be) Paul's father. She didn't really say much at all. It was odd.

I didn't realize they served food at Victor's club. I thought it was more of a nightclub/bar not a restaurant/bar. Aiden and Hope appeared to be having dinner there. How ridiculous.

Kat, I don't understand your first paragraph.

As I think more about the reveal today, this really was nothing new. TIIC have a pattern of building up to something, doing a good reveal in front of the right people and then nothing. It falls flat or goes away suddenly. Just like the Aiden reveal.

Maybe the Ben reveal will be more impactful. I had forgotten about the Reynold's Wrap mention. They should have gotten Reynold's to sponsor today's episode.

Will got what I call "owned" in this episode. His worst nightmare came true now Paul and likely Tori may be stuck in Salem a little while longer. I loved how Tori stood up finally and blamed everything on Marlena and Will.

Personally I somewhat feel the Lucas/Sami/Austin/Kate dynamic is being redone with Paul/Will/Sonny/Tori. Sami blackmailed Kate the same way just different secret that Will blackmailed Tori. Lucas and Sami had a one night but was in love with Austin, similar to Will and Paul one night stand but in love and MARRIED to Sonny. I feel Will and Paul are definitely going to be rivals for awhile but who knows Eve and JJ sure reintroduced angry sex back in Salem

Dimera Enterpises owning Sonix is interesting but why do they own it?!?
Perhaps, the DiMeras are going to use Zoe's rag as a mouthpiece. Imagine Will being asked to write an article portraying Stefano as a brilliant international businessman and a compassionate humanitarian. Or how about an article bewailing the tragic death of a saintly EJ, which viciously attacks all the women who were "unkind" to him and ripping into the Salem P.D. for failing to solve his murder. Son of Sami is such an unethical opportunist that he probably wouldn't have any problem writing them.

Back