Days of Our Lives - Mon. Apr. 25, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 25, 2016

Teen angst & prom prep are on the agenda today, occupying about 95% of the show,. Replay of Mark grabbing Ciara, her pushing him away, saying don't touch me, and Theo punching Mark out. Ciara stands like a zombie, saying stop, Theo, stop. You will hurt him. Henry comes, pulls Theo off of Mark, who takes off. Claire comes running in, ciara won't say exactly what Mark did, but Claire goes for a first aid kit to tend to Theo's bleeding knuckles. He claims he is o.k., offers to walk Ciara home, but Claire is going to do that. He will see her tomorrow.

Over at Marlena's apt. Belle comes in, Marlena upset because the prison won't let her see Eric until he is "processed", Belle says she is lawyer, can see him anytime, will bring Marlena with her. Claire comes in, very distracted, they ask about the decorating, Claire finally bursts out with all the drama that Ciara gets in, doesn't deserve, been thru so much, etc. etc. Marlena says Ciara is lucky to have such a good friend (gee...& I thought they were related, lol) who cares so much, & feels so much for her when she is hurting.

Ciara comes in, Hope was up in the attic getting photo albums, so they could check out 80s looks (a bit late for that, huh?) and says they are moving back home today, the house is ready. Ciara is all yayyyy. Ciara is not sure she wants to go to prom, mom & daughter talk it over, Ciara should do whatever she feels she should do, not what anyone tells her. Theo comes over, worried about her, brought a bunch of 80s movies, Ciara can choose one. Next, both are asleep on the sofa, it is morning. Theo wakes up, finds a dozen messages from his dad, rushes home. (Abe had called Theo to meet him for dinner the night before, at the Pub, but Theo never checked messages)

Hope comes in, she did not have the heart to wake them, did call Abe to let him know. Tells Ciara to get ready for school. Abe is pretty angry at Theo, and he tells Ciara all about it when he sees her. Later, At school, Mark approaches her, again apologizing for grabbing her, blah, blah, and says Theo was right to go after him. He can see Theo likes Ciara, she says she likes Theo....a lot....and walks off.

Ciara is back home, in her prom dress, some ugly, purple number with ruffles, and she hates it. Hope has tons of clothes up in the attic, Ciara cannot believe she saved them from 30 years ago. They go to pick something out.

Over at Marlena's, Claire comes out in her electric blue dress. She got a message from her dad, he has to work, she feels bad, wanted a pic with him. Belle tries to comfort her, both Belle & Marlena tease a lot about back in the 80s no cell phones, that you had to go home if you were expecting a call (encouraging her to leave her cell at home, I guess) they take lots of pics, Henry arrives, more pics with him, finally the couple leaves. Marlena & Belle both remember when they were young, and life was all sitting in front of them, all exciting, no problems, etc.

Over to Hope's, Ciara has a different dress on, Hope gushes over how beautiful she looks, Theo arrives with Abe & Lani, Theo has a wrist coursage for Ciara, and tons and tons of pics are taken (we see them all). Finally, the kids leave (Abe rented them a limo).

Later, Rafe arrives, brought some 80s tapes, 80s snacks, gonna be 80s to pieces. They smooch just a tiny bit.

Over to prom, Ciara & Theo arrive, hook up for a minute or two with Claire & Henry, who go off for punch. Ciara & Theo both glad they are there, and with each other.

Ooops, so much "excitement" with the teens and prom :sarcasm: almost forgot. At the cop shop, Rafe tells Hope his FBI friend found some info about Deimos while he was in prison...seemed to be making a lot of money while incarcerated. Invested in some company, that had a research subsidiary, called Athena Research, and that company was involved with Dr. Malcolm. Hope has been doing a lot of thinking, doesn't want to get involved with any of any more, not with Deimos, or whatever.

Her focus has to be on Ciara, who seems to be getting stronger, but Hope's #1 priority has to be Ciara. Rafe agrees. Hope says he can do what he wants, but he is agreeable to them shelving any involvement, and says it will be better for them in the long run. He then makes a date with her for the evening.

It confused me how Hope said she had let Abe know, (and why the heck would she be OK with them sleeping together on the couch?? I never ever allowed that with my daughters) but yet Abe still chewed out Theo for it. Why didn't Abe tell Hope to wake him to go home?!!

I caught that also, about Claire being such a good friend to Ciara. Belle or Marlena should've said "maybe you should talk to your dad about his sister". Lani could've mentioned something to Hope about her son/Ciara's brother, but nah, we wouldn't want to remember Hope has a son.

Sounds like a snooze fest. Not sure how you managed to watch all of that, you're my hero Poirot!
OMG, was this one ever a snoozefest. The writers have put together some truly dull episodes in recent years, but this one was at the head of the class -- all teen angst, prom prep, and the unwelcome Rafe-Hope relationship, which consists of a murderer and her accomplice. Speaking of the teens, if they think they have angst now, they should take a look at the dysfunctional adult society, which they'll be joining in a few years. If they did, they'd realize that they're not just dancing at a prom, but also on the edge of an abyss.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched. I didn't get a nap today and might fall asleep if I try to watch this now. It sounds like Ciara reacted to Theo beating up on somebody about the way she reacted when she was being raped. Zombie Ciara seems to fit.

Maybe the writers think it strange that Ciara has a niece her own age, but I have friends who have aunts and uncles who are younger than they are. I wonder why they want to keep annoying people by ignoring the family connection. I get they may want to portray Hope as young as possible, but why Marlena?

I am firmly convinced that the reason the family connection between Ciara & Claire is being ignored, is exactly what JS noted. Hope is to be portrayed as young as possible, so having a son in his mid 30s is just not going to be mentioned, and neither will a granddaughter as old as her own daughter.

Claire did refer to Marlena as "gramma" today, and also mentioned her dad, who texted her that he had to work and would be unable to see her before prom.

I know I was sitting there, when "your friend" was said by Marlena, saying......wait a sec. Ciara and Claire's dad are brother and sister. LOL

Actually, I am glad they are such good friends, nothing wrong with that. But I think they COULD tease each other once in a while over being aunt & niece. But that won't happen, lol, as Hope is never referred to as being a grandmother.

I'm glad Claire called Marlena grandma too since she can't call Hope that.
It was odd when Marlena mentioned Claire and Ciara are friends. It
must be the Salem water and people have forgotten they are related.

I think Claire referred to Ciara once as her aunt.

Interesting to learn they won't have king or queen at the prom. I think
someone named Chloe was queen and something bad happened. I wish
all schools could stop that sort of thing. Only a few people in certain
groups get the honor of being elected to things like that.

I don't trust Mark (the one Theo hit)

Today we learned that Deimos owns part of company that paid Dr Malcolm.
Too bad Hope didn't figure out sooner Family comes First instead of
running around before then killing Stefano.

Ciara stands like a zombie
It must be one of those days that ends in a 'y'. LOL
Gee, Mark must be a nice guy, because he talks nice. I'll ignore the ominous music cues and subtle villain-takes.
Belle & Marlena tease a lot about back in the 80s no cell phones, that you had to go home if you were expecting a call
I laughed out loud when Claire joked about Marlena waiting for a call from Grampa John. I imagine there was a cut scene where Marlena explained that she & John were married in the 1980s, so no waiting for calls, and anyway Grampa John thought he was Roman and then everyone thought she was dead and he had two other girlfriends. LOL

Other than that...snoooooooze fest. Yikes. I guess there are no starving teen actors who want extra work in L.A. these days. (At the 'party' since the prom did have a few kicking around.) Such a shame. And I'm not feeling Theo/Ciara.

Do we know who Marlena's first love was? Did she have a teen love interest mentioned in her backstory? Don Craig was her first (to my recollection) love on the show...and NO I do NOT count that fake Alec South guy at all.

Bummed about Shawn-D & Belle, but glad it's being mentioned. Too bad Shawn-D's not on the show, or anything. :sarcasm:

I laughed out loud when Claire joked about Marlena waiting for a call from Grampa John. I imagine there was a cut scene where Marlena explained that she & John were married in the 1980s, so no waiting for calls, and anyway Grampa John thought he was Roman and then everyone thought she was dead and he had two other girlfriends. LOL
I was laughing at the same thing. They made it sound like John and Marlena dated as teenagers, while Marlena sat home waiting for a call from John. :rolleyes:

Last night, I read a description of a movie on Turner Classics called Rock, Rock, Rock, with Tuesday Weld......it said "Teenager wants to wear a strapless dress to prom". Yep, made in 1956. I burst out laughing. Yep, back then, a huge problem for a teen. LOL

Was trying to remember, and don't think I saw any teens dancing at this prom. Of course, really not much room, I guess. :)

New So annoying to hear Marlena referring to Ciara as Claire's "friend" and not her niece.

Claire is the niece:) If Lauren Boles were still playing Ciara, you can bet your bottom dollar she would demand that Claire call her Aunt Ciara! So why can't teen Ciara do the same just for kicks? Ciara used to refer to Claire as her niece back in November but now it's non-existent. What annoyed me most is that Marlena said they were friends twice and seemed to emphasize the word friends.

I too was annoyed that Shawn was "away" and not part of the festivities. They could have gone from the townhouse to Hope's house and taken more photos. There wasn't even a photo of him at Hope's house! I did like Belle being upset about hurting him. I hope these writers fix this.

On a positive note, I did like Belle and Marlena discussing Eric as well their scenes with Claire. That group hug was everything. But where was John?

Still not feeling Lani as a a Carver. Theo and Ciara are cute but have more friend chemistry than romantic chemistry. I like Claire and Henry. Yet another reason why Shawn should have been on. Plus I need him to not approve of Hope and Rafe. Someone has to.

Very odd show. It seemed like a bunch of scenes slopped together to create an hour.

Back