Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 6, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 6, 2015

Great weather in Salem today, no one needs a coat or jacket, lol. At the Horton house, Jennifer comes into the living room, where JJ is putting down his guitar. She starts talking of him going to see Daniel, and glad Daniel doesn't know. But JJ confesses he told Daniel, who is his friend, that he can tell him anything, and Daniel won't say anything. Jen is not a happy camper, worried that Daniel might spill the beans, tells JJ not to worry, she will go see Daniel. She does.
Jen confronts Daniel about what JJ told him, and the argument/discussion goes on for the entire show. They go back and forth, with Daniel reminding her how different secrets have a way of coming out, even years later (mentioning Jack & Kayla) and how she herself has made statements about being honest and aboveboard. She goes on about how much Eve hates her, has gone after every man Jen has ever loved, rattling off the names of Frankie, Jack, Daniel, and now sleeping with her son at night, and then the next day....ooops, Dan realizes it wasn't just once, that it is even worse now. They argue more and more.
Meanwhile...Eve calls Cole, reminding him of their plan. Theresa comes to visit her, moaning about how she feels so weird, never happened before, but Eve is not really listening. Theresa tries to find out what Eve is up to, fails, so suggests Eve go with her to the church clothing drive. She has to go work there, or else to work, so the clothing gig would not be as bad if she had company.

Xander meets up with Serena, they babble back and forth about the diamonds, her money, exchange threats, blah, blah. She wants to know what he was doing with Nicole, who is bad news, warns him to just keep Nicole out of it all. Eric arrives, overheard, why are they talking about Nicole. Oh, Serena thinks fast, mentions a Nicole Fuentes in Xander's company, who is annoying and sticks her nose in all over, so Serena won't do the article unless he promises to keep her away. She then begins babbling about not getting along with people named Nicole, Xander mentions liking Nicole Kidman, Eric has to go talk to Maggie about the clothing drive, Xander compliments Serena on what a smooth liar she is. More talk and threats about the diamonds and her money. She leaves.

Paige is sitting at the student union, Cole arrives, plops down, moaning about Chinese dynasties, needs help. She clues him in on some things, JJ arrives, not happy to see Cole, who leaves after JJ makes a crack. Paige says JJ was rude, he bad mouths Cole, she should not be giving the guy the time of day. She retorts they were studying, JJ says she doesn't know the guy, he is bad news, she should stay away from him. Paige bristles, JJ is not going to tell her who to see, what to do, that he wants them to move on, but that attitude will be a deal breaker.

Earlier, Melanie is all chipper with her dad, about to leave for work. He notes that he saw she was researching plasma & pregnancy on his computer, she says not to worry, she is not making him a grampa yet, claims it is part of her continuing ed class. Gee, he thought she covered that in nursing school. Sure, but she is brushing up for an exam. She dashes off, He starts to leave, opens the door, and Days favorite thing, there stands Jen, about to knock. (See above)

Nicole is at the Kmansion, rummaging thru a desk drawer, finds a little gift package, Brady arrives, she thinks he is getting engaged to Melanie. Nope, just a special gift for Mel, who wants to take it slow. Nicole is so curious about it, but none of her business. She explains why she is there, gives him a heads up on an article coming out (Paul/Will/Sonny fiasco at the Square), says the reporter is a shark. She just wanted Brady to be aware. Brady mentions not really trusting Narita. He does tell Nicole he is planning a surprise for Melanie, Maxine will help. When Mel shows up for work, Maxine will say she has the day off, Brady appears, suggests going for coffee, but will whisk her to the airport to have coffee in NY or maybe New Orleans.

At the hospital, Maxine is doing just that, but Mel doesn't want the day off, has things to do, asks if Jorge, (blood lap tech) is in. She goes to see him, does a song and dance about a birthday gift for him in her car's back seat, too big or heavy for her, so she will give him her keys, he can go get it. He can't now, has work. So she sits and babbles as only Melanie can do. He figures she is not going to stop talking until he goes gets the gift. She smiles, hands him the keys, and the minute he is gone, is on his computer, and then into the storage area. She is rummaging thru vials of blood, finds Theresa's. Brady has arrived, Maxine tells him she could not talk Mel into the day off. She went "thataway". Brady goes in that direction. And as Melanie holds that vial, behind her Brady comes in..."what are you doing?"

Nicole is rushing along in the square and once again bumps into Xander. He is glad she is not carrying coffee this time. LOL

Eric meets up with Serena, she doesn't look good. She says she has something important to tell him. It is about Xander.

At the church clothing drive, Theresa & Eve arrive, Eric has brought a box onto a table, Eve begins flirting with him, Theresa sends him over to maggie, admonishes Eve about relatives. She retorts that he may be Theresa's cousin, but isn't related to her. LOL. Theresa says he is involved with a redhead, and goes to Maggie, saying something about all this used clothing is giving her an allergic reaction, she is going to leave. Maggie is on to her, says they have cortizone in the first aid kit, takes her there, she will be fine. Now, Eve finds the leather jacket that JJ had on when she had sex with him. (flashbacks) and ends up at home, a shopping bag in hand, and pulling out the leather jacket.

At Daniel's apartment, he has gotten a call, has to take this, and is nearly out his door, but Jennifer refuses to let him leave unless he tells her what he is going to do. He comes back in the room, and Jen goes on and on about keeping his mouth shut, not hurting Paige, and not telling. Her back is to the door, but a look on Daniel's face has her turn around and there stands Paige.

Secrets come out and Jen Jen is the one to spill. But of course, Paige didn't hear this time, because she should have. It's only when you stand at doors you shouldn't stand at do you hear the secrets. I've opened my front door 3 times today and each time there wasn't a soul there. Guess I don't live in the correct town.:wink:

Well playmates, now that we have made it through another exciting look forward to the next week in Salem, the playground for the rich, and the wannabees, and now it is time for us to figure out how to save the world, and solve all the problems of the children of the working poor.

I do not feel there has been anything exciting on that show for a long time. Today was about discussions of the diamonds again, we saw Eric and Serena discussing nothing, everyone sitting and drinking coffee???

Then of course, we have the wonderful and devoted Melanie coming to work on her day off, and going to get started on her endeavor to find out about Theresa, and getting caught with the tube that just happened to be sitting on a shelf, conveniently placed so the show can get underway. Any of the blood products, especially the ones used a while ago, must be under refrigeration, not just sitting on a shelf in the main part of the lab.

OK, that was it for me, that was the excitement for the episode. Enjoy the nerve tingling excitement, and perhaps it will improve when the writers change again. I keep hoping.

They're finally figuring out what I want to see in Paige. An intelligent, strong character. Unfortunately it only shines for bits. (I'd feel the same way about JJ's attitude even if he hadn't hate boinked Eve, for the record.)

Tomorrow's Salem Street Journal headline: Titan Stocks Plummet as CEO goes AWOL, LOL.

I really don't know about Eve anymore. I don't think the writers do, either. I'll have to find a new couple to worship. (RIP JJ & Eve. :()

Now taking bets - who thinks that we'll really get some truth from Serena? (Crickets chirp; tumbleweeds blow by.) OK...then why try to fake us out, Days? We're smarter than you seem to think!!

Daniel/JJ's jacket has made more appearances than Abe this year.

What an episode *zzz* Oh sorry I drifted off there heh* I don't know if they could keep up the momentum from last weeks great episodes but have they eve... I'm sorry I can't I just can't. They should package this episode as a cure for insomnia it would make them a fortune.

Serena: The only good thing about this story other then the introduction of Xander is we no longer have to listen to her prattle on about that elephant. Now she just prattles on about diamonds I don't know if that's a big improvement but at least it's a change and they do say variety is the spice of life.

I will say I did like the scene where Nicole said regarding the Will/Sonny/Paul article that she doesn't judge stories until she knows all the facts and then she and Brady burst out in sarcastic laughter. I got a kick of out of that for some reason. And I liked the fact that Nicole came to mansion to give Brady a heads up. Considering how close Brady and Sonny are and all. What the heck? I didn't get that at all.

The rest of the episode is just a blur to me but all that really registered is that all kind of well, ungood.

Snoozefest! I think both Jen and Dan are wrong and neither of them belongs in JJ's romantic life. I did enjoy Daniel bringing up the past though and no Jen, you did not think of any of those things in advance. I liked Jen's hair and dress though.

Was Nicole wearing a tweed suit? I couldn't see the skirt length but it looked like something out of Maggie's closet.

I need the Xander and Serena thing to move faster.

Most of this was a blur for me too. I couldn't figure out why villainous characters were sorting clothes in the hospital storage room. But I must say bravo to Miss Jeannie Theresa for mentioning that it's disgusting for Eve to be flirting with Eric because he is family. LINE OF THE DAY.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

LOL, hey, those females were there so Eve could come across that jacket. Eve takes it, brings it home.
And since Brady wasn't at that anniv. toast thing, but Victor was....Nicole was just being nice so Brady won't be surprised with Victor being on the warpath.
Actually, I thought Nicole looked great...want to bet the skirt barely covered her derriere?

I tried to watch todays episode, but couldn't get past Nicole rifling through the desk at the K-mansion on the tired premise of "looking for a pen". Come on now. Thanks for the excellent summary, Poirot. I don't feel like I missed much, but I appreciate your tenacity in being able to watch it through and report on it :)

Today's episode wasn't that boring, in my opinion. It was nice seeing Nicole talking to Brady--I feel like we haven't seen that for quite some time. I also liked the argument between Daniel & Jennifer---for once, Daniel had some good points. But I echo sentiment Heather shared above--he and Jennifer BOTH need to butt out! The Paige stuff and Melanie stuff was snooze worthy, but it was nice seeing Jorge again. And even Eve, Serena, and Theresa weren't bothersome.

Oh, and everyone looked really nice today.

Although posters seem to agree that today's episode was at least a semi-snoozefest, there were a few good lines. JJ: "Mom, what are you talking about?" Good question, JJ. Most of the time Jen Jen makes no sense whatsoever. Jeannie T. to Eve: "Everyone's your type." If only the brat girl could be this on target all the time. Maggie calling Jeannie T. a "little sweetie." Is Maggie that clueless or was she being sarcastic? Jenny calling Eve a "monster" and Maggie calling her "Godzilla." For once multiple Salemites were right about somebody. Badly off-target was Brady for calling Paul a "jerk and a loser." Sorry Brady, but anybody who's had serious affairs with Theresa and Kristen back-to-back is in no position to call anybody a "jerk and a loser."

Yep, a snooze fest. I had to rewind my tape to see what I missed.

Interesting monster and Godzilla names used for Eve today. Those
words better than other words that are said in Salem.

DrBakerfan I agree Theresa had the best line to Eve "Everyone's
your type"

Anyone else wonder if Eve will sleep with the jacket :)

It's hard to come up with comments on today's show. Jennifer is back to being a shrew. I liked the Nicole/Brady scenes but why would she be looking through a drawer, why would she assume Brady was proposing, and why would Brady hide the earrings in that drawer? Just didn't make a lick of sense to me. I liked the Melanie/Jorge scenes too. I'm sure she will figure out something to tell Brady about what she's doing. Overall, definitely a boring episode.

If I remember correctly, it was a chilled cabinet the plasma was in. It definitely wasn't just a shelf. It had a door.

I thought Nicole looked great today except for the small clip in her hair.

I loved Maggie's sarcasm about Theresa. It was pretty funny.

Back