Days of Our Lives - Mon.,April 14, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 14, 2014

Repeat of Sami storming into the apt, raging at Gabi, who slaps her. Sami almost slaps her back, but thinks better of it. The words, accusations, etc. fly back and forth, with Sami ranting about Gabi taking up with Nick, gets sexual with him, and Gabi throwing up EJ's repuation to Sami, and telling her that her private life is none of her concern.
Earlier, Will & Sonny had run into Rafe, who offers to give Will a ride home, as Sonny has to work.
Gabi & Sami are ranting at each other, Sami pointing out how Nick is playing Gabi, while Gabi brags of him seeing to it that she got the modeling contract. Sami claims that Nick only wants Gabi to have money, feel independent, so she will leave Will & Sonny, and move in with him. Gabi refuses to believe this, Sami tells her how foolish, that she is so gullible, and unfit to take care of the baby. Behind her, Will & Rafe are standing in the doorway, having heard this.
Rafe is angry, telling Sami never to talk to his sis like that, but she replies that Gabi involved with Nick again, and how her coming in stopped them from doing the horizontal mambo. Now Rafe is on Gabi, asking is this is true, despite all Nick has done. He abruptly takes off, as Arianna wakes up crying, Gabi goes to tend her.
Will now berates his mother, talking of her making things worse, asking if anyone ever told her she was an unfit mother, and how did that make her feel. Sami is contrite, wants to go talk to Gabi, but Will says no, you have done enough, and would only make things worse. I will talk to her, and take care of this. Sami leaves.

Eric sits in the pub with Theresa, who is denying being responsible for what happened to Daniel. They go back and forth a lot, (Theresa flashing back to giving Liam the key)with Eric finally telling her that if he ever learns she is lying, she will be wishing she was back in L.A. He leaves. Liam comes in, he & Theresa look at each other a long moment, he goes to order a coffee, Theresa gets a message from Anne, and takes off.

Earlier, Liam was continuing his spiel to Jennifer of how anyone, including good doctors can take something to help them with nerves, etc. Jennifer is not happy listening to this, as now he goes into a big explanation of how his ex-wife was taking drugs, availing herself of his samples,. being friends with all sorts of doctors, nurses, hospital people, and he goes on, painting the ex-wife as quite the addict. Jennifer abruptly excuses herself, Liam grins from ear to ear.

Nicole is visiting Daniel, and as he talks of the only items he ingested, with the hospital coffee being cleared, and his protein drink from home, Nicole flashes back again to seeing Liam in the hall. She questions Daniel a bit, but before they can continue, Maggie comes in to see her wonderful son. She is soon followed by the sarcastic Anne, who has suspension papers for Daniel to sign. Anne makes her usual snarky remarks, Dan says she can leave, he will bring the papers to the desk. Anne leaves, a nurse brings Parker in, delighting Daniel. Hugs, best medicine, as Mom Maggie figured she would bring Parker to cheer Dan up. Nicole leaves, Jen arrives, so does Eric. Jen asks Maggie to take parker home, they will be right behind them. Anne is eavesdropping, hurries back to the station as everyone comes out. Nicole asks Jen if she can use her computer. Sure. Nicole checks on something, comes out, asking a nurse if she knows where Liam is. Yes, she does. Anne sends a text to Theresa. When Theresa arrives, Anne gleefully talks of Dr. Dan being suspended, but wonders if Theresa went a bit too far. Theresa gets a bit upset, asking why she is being blamed, after all, there ARE doctors who medicate themselves.

Nick is telling a disinterested EJ to put a leash on his fiance'. Ej calmly says he has no control over her, and she has always done as she pleased. They play cat & mouse about it, as Sonny comes along. Nick gives him the gift, a beautiful engraved glass piece, with their names and wedding date. Nick leaves, Sonny talks with EJ, who notes that Nick is getting overconfident, and now they should just wait. Nick wants Gabi AND the baby, and that is what he is working for. When he gets overconfident, he makes mistakes.

Nicole comes into the Pub, and there is Liam. She mentions this being the 2nd time today, and then mentions Dr. Colleen Weeks WAS the person he had been seeing at the apt. bldg. earlier, right? Liam quickly grabs his coffee has to leave, but Nicole follows him, catching up with him finally. She laughs, as he probably thinks she is following him. Well, she is. Now she mentions again Dr. Weeks living in that building, commenting that she does live there....but not on that floor. So what exactly were you doing in Dr. Jonas's apt.?

Maggie has put Parker down for a nap, she & Eric leave. Daniel talks to Jennifer about Theresa, she has to be one evil person, this has to stop. He asks Jen to stay and watch Parker, he is going to talk to Theresa, set her straight once and for all.

Maggie sits with Eric, talking about it all, and Theresa, but Eric says there is no proof, they don't know if it was her. Maggie vows retribution, as it is bad enough she is enabling Brady with his addiction, but to destroy a man's reputation, and career.

Rafe comes out of a store doorway as Nick walks by. He calls him, catches up, grabs him by the neck, pushing him up against a wall, asking if Nick remembers what Rafe had said, that he warned him.

Sami flounces into the DiMera study, throws her purse down, and sits like a petulant 3 yr old, lower lip and all. EJ questions, she tells all she did. EJ reminds her that she is playing right into Nick's hands, and yes, she knows that. Already had a fight with Will as well. EJ notes that they have to wait.

Over at the apartment, Gabi sits on her bed with Arianna on her lap. She says something about maybe not liking it, but has to be done. She comes out of her room, wheeling the carriage, and pulling her suitcase behind her. Will asks "what's this". Gabi calmly announces..."We are leaving".

After Sami's behavior today, I don't blame Gabi for wanting to leave. That's suppose to be her home too, but how is Gabi suppose to feel at home if Sami can come in and harass and degrade her anytime she feels like it. And other than poor judgment where Nick is concerned, NEVER has Gabi proven herself to be an unfit mother. If who you are sleeping with (significant others) were grounds to have your children removed from your custody, Sami wouldn't have any of her kids right now.

LOL, well, Gabi threw a few of those at Sami as well. As Sami was talking to Gabi about her allowing the likes of Nick to be around the baby, after all he has done, and for being so gullible she once again is believing every word Nick utters. Sami's object was that Nick is not a good influence for Arianna, and Gabi refuses to see it.
I cannot fault Gabi for getting her hackles up. Sami had NO BUSINESS laying into her like that. She should have told Will & Sonny first, and let them deal with it. But she shoved herself into Gabi's face, and when told she cannot just come into Gabi's home and order her around, Sami retaliated with, oh, yes, she can. That is when she threw in the unfit mother bit.

Sami rants and raves to no effect, EJ equivocates, but Rafe is the effective man of action, proving that he is the person the Trickster has to fear the most. And if Rafe does do Tricky Nicky some physical harm, there shouldn't be any legal problems -- he's tight with the Bradys and the Bradys are the police. As for Liam, like the typical nut case, he's overplaying his hand. Instead of lying low and letting the hospital bureaucrats hang the Love Doctor out to dry, he's front and center: in darling Jen's office and hanging out in places where he'd run into a suspicious Nicole. This guy may have learned how to cover his tracks by watching CSI and Forensic Files, but he's got no common sense.

Let me see….Ej has his choice between Abby or Sami….Abby acts like a mature woman, is everything that Sami isn’t. Now for Sami, she acts like a 3 year old, slamming the doors, throwing her briefcase and purse down, sits pouting on the coffee table, and crying to junior about the mess she made. After Sami's display today I like her a little less. It’s as clear as day who the right choice should be.

Boy, I’m glad to see the OLD Rafe back, glad they decided to dig him up from under the rock where they put him for a year. If I were Nick, I might be a little afraid of Mr. Hernandez. I hope we never see the watered down version of Rafe again. I enjoyed the brief second that Rafe put Sami in her place, and telling Gabi what poor judgment she is using where Nick is concerned! And I was glad he got to congratulate Will/Sonny it was more personal this way.

Theresa, you keep telling yourself that you are not involved with this last debacle of Dr. Dan, but who gave Liam the key to his apartment?? Just a word for thought.

Sami is Sami : as annoying as ever, brainless, idiotic, acts like a baby, and that baby pout she does is not endearing at all, it just makes her look ridiculous. So, let's just say she brings nothing to the show, except her usual stupid drama. And though I hate that Gabi is being taken in by Nick, Sami is truly the last person who should open her mouth about it.

And about EJ : Wow ! The words the writers give him are so utterly ridiculous also. "Sami was always her own person !" Really ? :eek: He has no control over her and she has always done as she pleases ? Really ? :eek: Enough said...

Lastly, the rest of the show I did not like, mainly because I hate that we are having yet again a drugged/poisoned character. And Anne ! Seriously, who goes around talking the way she does and still has a job ? Only in Salem. :rolleyes: Eric was subdued, as usual. Like he stood a chance trying to convince Theresa to come clean. :rolleyes: My only hope is that Nicole discovers what Liam has been up to and this is her chance for redemption. Otherwise, if the writers have her hide the truth if she does discover it, then I won't even have this character to enjoy. So let's not screw this opportunity, writers.

I watched on DVR with the intention of fast forwarding most scenes. Instead, I ended up watching the entire show. Not too bad today.

I still can't figure out whether Jennifer is upset with Daniel or not. Liam definitely planted some seeds of doubt in her but she isn't acting on them yet. I hope she doesn't.

Sami should have gone after Rafe and stopped him from baiting Nick. What did Nick mean when he talked about EJ's future and hurting people? I hope he doesn't have the affair photos.

The entire time Sami was in the apartment I kept thinking that her enemy list was growing. Foreshadowing at its finest.

I enjoyed seeing old Rafe as well but he was on air for no more than 10 minutes. That is not ok.

Enjoyed Eric and Theresa's dialogue. Jen and Dan are the cutest thing since the appletini :rotfl:

I did not like Theresa's dress--way too short for work. Anne needs to go. Maybe Liam can facilitate that exit.

Theresa had the best lines talking about Dan and Jenny.

I figure Daniel is going to cross the line sort of speak with Theresa.
He will make her mad and not want to help at all.

Interesting what Liam said about doctors medicating themselves
because they get free samples. I know how that can stop.
No more free samples to anyone.

Line of the day Nick to EJ about "who wears the pants in his relationship"

Heather, I thought of you when Anne told everyone leaving to
have a Magical Day :)

I can't believe that weather map is that exciting that it requires such total concentration from EJ.......
If EJ has a fascination for the weather, the Salem Spectator is the paper for him. Not only was there a weather map in the middle of paper, there was one on the back page. Perhaps, the paper is providing extra coverage for its readers because Salem has the kind of strange Midwest weather that causes flowers to bloom in early March. On other subjects, many Salemites lack the social graces, but Anne Milbauer has even less tact than Samantha Gene. Instead of going back to her office and privately gloating over the distress of Dr. Feely-Gropey, she has to express her glee in front of Maggie and Ms. Sleeveless -- not a good move because although darling Jen may be a wimpy priss, an aroused Ruffles McRed is quite capable of slicing and dicing the curly-haired queen of snark. Finally, it seemed odd that it was Tricky Nicky taking with EJ about a line that shouldn't be crossed, when it's Elvis who presumably has an army of DiMera triggermen at his disposal in case he deems that a certain science nerd has "crossed the line." Only in Salem.

Thanks for the summary, didn't watch today. I am so tired of Sami, Liam, EJ, Theresa, Anne, Gabi and Nick...jeez, their scenes and convos are so boring because it is the same thing over and over. And I hated Sonny's shirt...tasteless.

I was glad to see Rafe sharing scenes with Will and Sonny, as well as having Will and Rafe berate Sami for her actions. I can't wait until the hag is gone.

Sami's behavior when she got back home was way over the top. She made it clear that she needs to be treated like a child. Her scene with EJ was hard to watch.

What is up with DOOL's sound people? Is nepotism of some sort to blame? Theresa was very hard to understand, even after I turned up the volume. Her body mike was not well-positioned, and/or she needs to open her mouth when speaking. Grrr!

I was glad to see Rafe sharing scenes with Will and Sonny, as well as having Will and Rafe berate Sami for her actions. I can't wait until the hag is gone.

I was furious that Rafe didn't light into Sami for calling Gabi unfit. I get that he was upset to learn just how close Gabi is to Nick again, but he shouldn't have left that apartment without letting Sami have it about how she talks to his sister.

Back