Days of Our Lives - Mon.,April 14, 2014

The show was pretty good - happy to see a replay of Gabi slapping Samantha. :clap:
I agree that the Samantha and Elvis scenes were nauseating. Almost as bad as when Samantha told Gabi she’s never been a victim.
:OT: A pet peeve of mine is Elvis – he always calls everyone by their full name: Samantha, Gabriella, William etc. but no one calls him Elvis – why? It would, at least, be good for a snicker every time someone called him Elvis instead of EJ.

What's funny is that he doesn't call Allie "Alice", though.

The show was pretty good - happy to see a replay of Gabi slapping Samantha.
I missed it on Friday, so I was happy to see the replay on Monday's show.
Almost as bad as when Samantha told Gabi she’s never been a victim
Somebody (maybe the Great Tan One) should come up with an antidote for "Salem Stupid Juice" overdoses.

Katmouse, I'm going join you in that strategy. I remember what JS has said re boom mikes, but sometimes suspect body, too. It seems that when the women actors are wearing certain types of clothing, the problem is worse. Certain actors tend to mumble; EJ also comes to mind.

I agree about the sound issues yesterday. Not only the mumbling but at one point the music drowned out someone speaking. They probably use one sound person but if you're using music and talk, they should probably use two.

As for EJ and the full names, he sometimes says Nick or Gabi which is likely James Scott(EJ) ad libbing. I think it was a couple weeks ago he said Nick, Nicholas and Mr. Fallon in the same conversation. I do notice he rarely says his own name though:).

I thought I posted video clips of the show...or did I forget?

A.Guy....I have the picture books, and it shows the pics of the sets with all the lights above, the cameramen on those very high seated cameras, and all the boom mikes hanging down.
They do not use body mikes. If an actor mumbles or turns away from the where the mike is hanging above their heads, it is easy to absolutely lose what they are saying.

Sets are small, really very small, and I have my CC on about 80% of the time because you can lose what they are saying so easily. And yes, EJ is, at times, very difficult to understand.

By the way, Stefano calls him Elvis...all the time.

let's see if this works

tumblr_n3xdtnreT81truz14o3_250.gif

from http://thesalemhourglass.tumblr.com/

@ katmouse - I had to laugh - after seeing your clip of THE SLAP...and just below it...your words of "Be kind, considerate, and treat others like you want to be".....if only those in Salem heeded your words....but then it would be a pretty boring Soap.

Back