Days of Our Lives - Mon.,April 21, 2014

I think EJ needs to borrow Nicole's shredder. Having that picture intact and lying around, even though he locked the drawer (I think) is just asking for trouble. Not that I would mind if trouble found him, but he's being really really stupid about this.

As I mentioned in the thread on Daily Days, this "it was all a dream" thing was a disappointment (and/or a late April Fools joke). Also, I had hoped we'd seen the last of EJ yelling at Stefano's picture, which always bugs me.

Thanks for the summary. I'm at the airport so I couldn't see the show. But I don't think this was anything to write home about. On one hand, I'm upset that Sami didn't learn the truth. On the other, I'm glad it will be saved for Sweeps-and the wedding reveal probably will happen. And it sucked that the whole show revolved around EJ and Sami. I'd rather an episode revolve around Daniel and Jennifer than this pukeworthy excuse for a couple.

The funniest line was when Sami was ranting at Abigail and Abby said "it was an accident" and Sami retorts with "what, did you slip and fall on top of EJ's--" LOLOLOL!!!!! :rotfl:

And yes Sami did say Abigail was skinny.

What I want to know is what was that final scene with Abigail all about? Why was she telling the picture of her mother "don't worry it's over I made sure of it."? Jennifer doesn't know about her and EJ so the line doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think is that it's just setting up for the next day's scenes so that Jen can walk in and hear her and ask what that's all about.

As far as I remember, Sami said a few times that Abigail was very pretty, and also called her a pretty young thing. I don't recall her using the word "skinny". However, here is the video clip of the entire show......

At about the 12:32 mark, is where Sami refers to Abby, as young, and pretty, and educated...(a pause) and skinny.....

I loved it for what it was, a long dream sequence that shows the potential for drama when the secret finally comes out...a taste of EJ/Sami's destruction. I hated the simplification of their story into a "love story", the rewriting and ignoring of far worse things than cheating. Yes, we can say that this was all EJ's dream sequence, so the things said were in his mind and perhaps not true to Sami's character. I think she would have made a lot more screeching about about herself than she did.

I loved Alison Sweeney's take on the emotional aspects of Sami finding out the truth. I loved the laughing it off at first, then slow realization, the mumbling to herself as she's going through the questions of "where, when" and how she mumbled about "how, not that one...what's the other one? WHY!" And I loved how EJ of course bumbled and stumbled through the explanations, hitting the two worst things he could say to Sami....the "this is me protecting you" as he's pointing to the photo (dumb move, EJ) and the "you're not being rational" comment. I loved the lashing out Sami did. If it was anyone other than EJ/Sami, I would have also loved the part where they were struggling then she collapsed crying about how he broke her. That part was heartbreaking....or would have been if it weren't for the true history of Sami/EJ instead of the whitewashed "love story" Days is trying to sell. I

Honestly, I thought EJ was too jittery throughout the whole thing. When he first saw the picture, he freaked out and I was yelling at the TV telling him to put it back in the envelope and put it in his briefcase or something instead of just letting sit there! It's not like EJ doesn't know what a blackmail photo looks like or needed so much time to figure out what to do with the picture to keep Sami from seeing it.

What a colossal joke! As soon as EJ admitted everything, you knew it was a dream sequence because:
1. Dimeras NEVER fess up
2. No way this entire reveal happens with May sweeps 5 days away

The interesting thing about the dream was that EJ basically dreamed that Abigail is really pregnant. Then at the end we get Abigail saying the common "EJ and I are over for good" line which in soap code means they are far from over. I'm thinking she really is pregnant now.

At least Marlena seemed to have her brain today. I saw no reason for Jennifer to be on today.

How incredibly sad and disheartening that TPTB seem to only cater this show to a certain fanbase and nobody else. Even during the show, the official Days twitter and Ali Sweeney(Sami) herself were only retweeting pro Sami/EJ comments or compliments on her acting. Sad.

Question: I saw posts on twitter about a wardrobe goof. Normally, I'd catch something like that but I did not. Did anyone else catch it?

After watching, I'm completely convinced this show was done specifically for EJ/Sami supporters who expressed outrage at the affair from the beginning. Too much of Sami's dialogue today was exactly what I've read on countless message boards with comments that bashed Abigail. Sami referring to her as the babysitter. Her lashing out at EJ for having sex with his brother's ex who's barely out of college. And her getting on Abby's case for not using a condom (even though she did attack EJ about that also). I wouldn't doubt that DAYS shot this episode as an insert after the backlash began and the "assaults" started on twitter. Apparently Alison Sweeney (Sami) noted they shot this during a dark week. This was totally an "appeasement" episode.

I don't disagree Cryin but in SOD, she specifically says she and James Scott(EJ) were given the scripts to review prior to Day of Days in November. They were "advance copies". This was way before the affair started airing.

But as I watched today, I had the same feeling that this episode was basically a "gift" to that fanbase.

I too listened to the dialogue and from EJ's perspective, he would think those sentences would be said.. And this would be how it would play out.. It did come across as EJ's worst nightmare.. Sami finding out and she being heartbroken, her mother coming in and saying "I told you so", Sami taking the kids away, then after it all Sami confronting Abi and the fall caused by Sami. causing a presumed loss of his unborn child by the mother of his other children. Yep his worst nightmare. He is going to be guilt ridden now.. and looking over his shoulder at everyone. I am not an EJ/Sami fan but I thought it was good.

Exactly, TB. We have to remember this is EJ's dream, his viewpoint of what Sami/Marlena/Abigail would say or do. It does have that stench of EJ/Sami fanfiction, but any of their scenes together have that same stench. :sick: But this just shows EJ's worst case scenario.

I don't remember Abigail babysitting the kids that often or any real mention of her babysitting them on the show itself, only from the EJ/Sami fans that have trashed Abigail. Now if we had Abe/Lexie (or her ghost!) yelling at Abigail, sure...she babysat Theo all the time.

EJ sure did come up with a lot of different reasons/excuses for what happened with Abby. I guess it was proving to himself that it all would sound lame to Sami, no matter what he said. I wonder if whoever sent that pic will send another?

Dustin posted this on Facebook.........
******************************************************************************************************
Dustin's Days (of Our Lives) Thoughts

https://www.facebook.com/dustinsday...1714577/875058252520478/?type=1&stream_ref=10
Today's pointless episode of Days was presented by Alison Sweeney and James Scott for your consideration at the 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards.
10276992_875058252520478_5045128926702838726_n.jpg

What I want to know is what was that final scene with Abigail all about? Why was she telling the picture of her mother "don't worry it's over I made sure of it."? Jennifer doesn't know about her and EJ so the line doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think is that it's just setting up for the next day's scenes so that Jen can walk in and hear her and ask what that's all about.
Maybe Abby "made sure of it" by having already had an abortion.

Heroic Muse I thought the same thing about EJ needing Nicole's shredder.

I enjoyed EJ and Sami today. Too bad it was a daydream. I laughed and giggled the whole time.

I enjoyed EJ's funny faces once he opened the envelope. Later, he talked to Stefano's picture.

The daydream had some great moments. EJ got on his hands and knees, like I thought he would,
begging Samantha for forgiveness. Marlena came in and mentioned Sami leaving and the stench in
the house. Later, Abby did a "Jack" fall.

Wouldn't it be interesting if EJ had some psychic ability. Somehow he knew what Jen and Marlena
were wearing (probably done so no one knew it was a daydream) That makes you wonder about
Abby again "Is she or isn't she?" If she is, will something happen to the baby?

Too bad EJ didn't say anything to Abby about the picture. And later Abby says EJ is out of
her life. Remember it's Salem and he's probably not.

EJ has to wonder now who knows about their affair and what will happen when
Sami finds out. We know she will. Will her reaction be worse than what EJ thought?

Back