Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 1, 2016

Finally a new day in Salem.

Belle was spot on when she told Chad to clean himself up. She mentioned the teenager he
hired for the nanny and to get to know his razor. She needs to tell several men in Salem
that one :)

Since Ciara is taking a break from being the nanny, who was watching Thomas when
Chad was at Horton Square?

I liked Jen's summer dress.

Nice to see Shawn and Ciara with Hope. I thought it was interesting when Ciara saw Claire
she told her "I was on the phone with your dad".. not on the phone with my brother.

A ho hum episode. The best part for me was Philip actually remembered that Claire was his daughter once upon a time.

Chloe pregnant :rolleyes:. So Deimos is the father. Wasn't it just a few days since they had sex? Hopefully, we will get a flashback scene with Philip and Chloe together. Philip should have a kid since they stole Parker away from him, unless it comes out that he is Parker's dad after all.

I also don't like Deimos moving in on Nicole like that. Don't they know how to take romance slow?

Jack Devereaux had a college education. EJ (gag) was educated. Let's see except for nurses and doctors:
Brady Family? Carrie, Eric, not sure about Kim
Horton Family?
Roberts family?
Kiriakis family? Justin, maybe Sonny
Johnson family?
Black family? Belle

Carrie must have went to college off screen, because she came back as a lawyer in 2011, a lot like Belle did this past year.

I've recently watched some old 1986 episodes, and Kim was telling Neil that she had a college degree when she was trying to get a job at the abuse clinic at the hospital.

Also, Abby and Will both went to Salem University. I know Abby got her degree (it took her awhile), before she got that job at the hospital that Anne was snarking about her getting so easily. Will went for a few years before he got the job writing journal articles, but I'm not sure if he actually got his degree first. JJ did go one year before he decided to join the police academy.

And weren't Chelsea and Stephanie in college together before that Ford Decker story? I don't know if they ever finished.

Belle was spot on when she told Chad to clean himself up. She mentioned the teenager he
hired for the nanny and to get to know his razor. She needs to tell several men in Salem
that one :)

I was thinking about Dario when she told Chad that:rotfl:.

The thing about Philip/Parker is that Philip himself decided to have the DNA test done in Chicago, and when the results showed he was NOT Parker's father, it was Philip himself who brought Parker back to Salem. (yes, writers change history all the time).

The other thing is, Philip did have a son that was his, Tyler. And though he went hunting for the baby at one point, he ultimately gave up all rights, allowing Tyler to be adopted by a couple who really wanted him. (So did Kayla & Steve, but that is another story)

Thanks, Poirot, glad you mentioned that Philip does have a child, Tyler. Why doesn't he go find him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus he did sign away all rights. It remains for that child, after reaching adulthood, to be curious or interested in finding his bio parents. Otherwise, Philip has no claim at all.

Of course, like in the case of Chelsea, he could lose his adoptive parents in a tragic accident, and somehow end up in Salem, befriended by some kind hearted soul........and ...Voila! Another "unknown" child appears to add to the Salem population. :sarcasm:

WOW, Philip remembered that Claire was once his daughter. :eek:

Another wow, that Hope had a scene with BOTH of her children. :eek:

Lots of bubbles bursting. I too was shocked that Philip mentioned Claire being his. I also liked that Belle corrected him and said she was a toddler and that he doesn't know anything about her currently. Good writing. I agree that Belle should talk to Chloe, especially since Chloe told Claire she could only work for her if her parents approved. Clearly they do not but Chloe doesn't know that. And Phil isn't volunteering this info either. Also, I miss Belle and Chloe's friendship.

I almost fell over when Shawn and Ciara walked into Hope's house together!!! It was cute watching them take care of Hope together. I wish Shawn had mentioned the Claire stuff but baby steps. I think Ciara went to the store when she did because Hope said she was taking a nap. I also liked that Hope was on the phone with Doug when she walked into the house.

Loved the scene when Ciara and Shawn were texting and then Ciara said to Claire "it's your dad" instead of saying Shawn. Again, bubbles bursting.

I was surprised Aiden turned down Jen. Will he change his mind? Or will he become DA instead? An interesting twist would be him falling for Jen but I don't think the show would go there since that actually makes sense. I also don't hate the fact that Jen hiring Aiden is causing angst with Hope.

So right now Chad has a lawyer and Jen doesn't. Interesting. I would hope at some point Shawn should get involved too since Belle is Chad's lawyer and his sister is trying to defend him.

Nicole and Deimos: NO

BAD BAD editing again. The Salem teleportal was in full force. Ciara popped up at the DiMansion right after she left Hope's and Shawn popped up at TBD fairly quickly as well. Also, everyone is dressed for a new day in Salem which was acknowledged by Philip but Jen was wearing the same white dress from the previous day.

The best part for me was Philip actually remembered that Claire was his daughter once upon a time.
Mine, too - I think there's a real opportunity for growth from Philip here. Both the kids he once thought were his are running around Salem with his once-and-former-and--again flames. This is a time he could be reflecting on what he wants from life.
Will went for a few years before he got the job writing journal articles, but I'm not sure if he actually got his degree first.
He went to college for 3 years.
An interesting twist would be him falling for Jen but I don't think the show would go there since that actually makes sense
Oh, I'm laughing at this, and crying. It's funny because it's tragically true.
but Jen was wearing the same white dress from the previous day.
Maybe she's back on drugs and had a bender, LOLOL.

Philip should have a kid since they stole Parker away from him,
Philip had a son, but gave him away. (Of course, I still believe that Tyler belongs to Shawn and Belle, but that's a story for another day. :))

Oops! I replied before I read the other posts.

-----

Jennifer could very well be off her rocker, after all. She doesn't usually wear sleeveless dresses until December.

Back