Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 10, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
MacDonald Carey's voiceover states, "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives."
August 10, 2015 - Monday

In the DiMansion study, Stefano fondles a chess piece and tells someone on the phone the "land in Ireland" will be his (Stefano's) soon, Chad has the situation in hand.

At Club TBD, Abby accepts Ben's proposal. Chad comes up, asking what they are celebrating. Chad boasts he has something to celebrate as well. (He's drunk.) Ben announces they're getting married. Chad watches as Ben foists the ring on Abby's finger, Chad offers to buy them a drink to toast to Ben/Abby's future. Abby is nervous as Ben and Chad try to out-chimp each other. Chad jokes that "marriages in Salem are marketably [sic] less successful than the national average" after Ben says they plan to stay in Salem. Chad toasts them, tells Ben he's lucky (after some backhanded insults), then sincerely tells Abby he's happy for them. Chad leaves. Ben wants to toast, remembers the first time he saw Abby, gets carried away talking about their families and wedding plans. She stops him, tells him she's pregnant. Ben is happy, but immediately thinks of overhearing Chad and Abby's conversation about the garden sex, asks how far along she is. They jumble over each other for a bit, she apologises for not telling him before accepting the proposal. He needs to know the truth about something. Stalls for a bit, flashes back to the garden conversation again, then asks Abby if she accepted his proposal only because she's pregnant. Abby denies this, knows Ben asked because he loves her, not out of obligation. Ben asks if Abby feels trapped with him; Abby admits this wasn't how she would have planned it, but is sure he'll be a great dad, she's not trapped. She is planning to tell JJ & her mom. He seems happy as she goes to meet her family; then a moment later gets a concerned look.

In the Kmansion, replay of Brady telling Jeannie Theresa to get out. He calls the hospital, doesn't believe anything Jeannie T says. He's going to get a second opinion from Kayla, or Daniel. He takes the crutches and tells her to come along. She refuses; he says he heard her & Anne. She tries to back it up, he won't buy it, gives her a sharp instrument and orders her to remove the cast. Brady wants Jeannie to think about what Tate would think about what she did, Jeannie thinks Tate would understand. Tries to frame her scheme as for Tate, what's best for him is NOT to be bounced around.

In the Kiriakis garden shed, Victor is upset at the older gardener (Wallace?), who is supposed to be directly supervising Xander at all times. Where is he? On an errand, the gardener explains, Victor is happy again, learns Xander doesn't like dirty work.

In a park area, Xander calls Nicole names and says she ruined his life. They trade barbs and she pushes his buttons, so he gets in her face. More insults and threats, Daniel arrives and pulls Xander away from Nicole. Xander claims they just crossed paths, more threats, Xander scoots. Later, Daniel and Nicole lament that Xander's not in Siberia, after Nicole updates Daniel on Xander's job. They start their picnic with Parker (whom an off-screen Joanna drops off). Later, Daniel goes to talk to Victor as Nicole watches Parker. As soon as Daniel is gone, Nicole calls someone, needs to see them.

At the Nurses station, Eric asks Daniel to lunch to talk about Serena and other things..

In the park bench area, Serena is tending to Caroline. Serena tells her she's having a stroke and they need to go to the hospital. She calls the paramedics (saying she's just on the edge of the town square), has done the stroke test. Later, she is speaking with Kayla on the phone, Kayla gives her some medical direction, thanks her for her quick reaction. Serena can hear the sirens, tells Kayla and Caroline the other said she'd be OK.

At the Brady Booth, Roman happens upon Eric, who's having lunch. Eric's en route to see Jeannie T, they chat about Serena leaving town (and mention that Eric was looking to meet with Caroline).

At the Hospital, Caroline is brought in, Kayla gives the docs Caroline's history (myocardial infarction and vascular dementia), starts to say what tests she wants, the medics/docs say they will take good care of her and wheel her away. Kayla and Serena talk, Serena assures Kayla that Caroline was alert & oriented, mostly worried about her family. Kayla says that Caroline's chances are better thanks to Serena.

Back in the shed, Victor insults Xander's odour. Victor tells Xander to redouble his efforts if he wants to keep his job & home, Xander promises to be good, tells Xander he ran into Daniel & Nicole on his way back. Victor reminds Xander that he's not welcome around those for whom Victor cares, breaks some pots on his way out, telling Xander to clean it up.

Chad comes home to the DiMansion, where Stefano is listening to opera. Chad turns the music off, wants to focus on blocking a merger, Stefano wants to know what happened with Abigail. Chad tells Stefano to forget about the Irish land, nothing's happening with Abigail. (They are still within hearing distance of the chess board.) Chad explains how he hurt Abby, Stefano surmises that he could only hurt her that much if Abby truly loved Chad. If she loves me, why is she marrying Ben? Stefano thinks she's a fool to pick anyone over a DiMera. Stefano plans to take care of Ben, Chad yells at him, tells him it's over. Chad turns Stefano's music back on, and leaves; Stefano breaks his composer wand, muttering it can't be over.

At the Kmansion, Brady doesn't believe Jeannie T's explanations, says it's all about him, he doesn't love Jeannie T and never will. She tries to play hurt; Eric enters, heard the yelling. Tries to calm them down, gets a call about Caroline, and leaves. Jeannie T follows him. They arrive at the hospital, Kayla tells Eric and Jeannie (who arrive with Brady) that Caroline is stable, she's trying to reach Kim and Shane. Jeannie goes in to see Caroline, Kayla wants to talk to Eric.

At Nicole & Daniel's, Roman arrives to meet Nicole, where they talk about Xander's new job, and the ongoing investigation, and Xander's companies & charities being a front for Victor, whom so far they can't connect to Xander's business. Nicole thinks this is good, since it would hurt Daniel and Maggie. Roman gets the call about Caroline, zips off. (Doesn't mention the emergency to Nicole, though.) Nicole offers to make something special for "Grampa Victor," her future "father-in-law."

At the Kmansion, Daniel and Victor are having a conversation about Xander and what's best. (It's jumpy, I'm guessing some scenes were cut.) Victor claims his plan is for the best, Daniel thinks more is going on than what Victor's admitting to. Daniel keeps pressing, doesn't accept Vic's evasions, nor his eventual denial.

In the shed, Xander crumples a picture of ages-ago Victor holding a baby.

In the waiting room, Kayla brings Eric to Serena, tells him that Serena's responsible for Caroline's (presumed eventual) full recovery.

In Caroline's room, Jeannie takes Caroline's hand, starts to cry. She admits she's lost, and that Caroline's the only one who loves her despite her screw ups, and hasn't given up on her. Admits she has given up on herself, knows why others have as well. (Brady is listening in.)

Jeannie thinks Tate would understand. Tries to frame her scheme as for Tate, what's best for him is NOT to be bounced around.

Of course, staying in a house where his father and the other occupants pretty much despise his mother is much better for Tate than his parents being in separate homes providing a less tense/stressful atmosphere. :rolleyes:

It's going to take more than Theresa shedding tears over Caroline's hospital bed to soften me towards the foul creature. Don't fall for it Brady!

I hope Stefano kidnaps Abby, just for the drama of it all LOL.

Xander should kill Daniel. That'll show Nicole and Victor :rotfl:

Thanks for the recap Jason!

Last edited:
I'd like him to kill Victor, too, and reveal his dirty dealings all at once!

Stefano - GO AWAY, please!!

I loved the Jeannie T/Caroline scenes...BUT then they almost ruined them by having that loser Brady listening in!! (Please, please, PLEASE do not pair these two, new writers!!)

I liked the Serena/Kayla scenes a lot. Very jumpy, but very good day today in Salem. :)

OMG...really Ben, you're going to re-propose to Abigail right there at TBD in front of Chad just to stick it to him. That was so cheesy. I cannot wait for Chad to find out Abby is pregnant.

I thought it was very poor script writing when Eric got the call about Caroline and rushes out of there saying "it's my grandma" as if Theresa (his cousin and also Caroline's grandchild) wasn't standing right next to him. Really? Shouldn't he have said something like, "Theresa's here with me, we'll be right there" and then inform her that Grandma was in the hospital? And thank goodness someone finally got a hold of Roman as I almost thought we'd make it through the episode without him knowing about his mother. Sheesh.

Xander, Serena, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Brady you better not fall for that crap with Theresa!!

I tweeted about that Eric line as well. I just assumed it was because Eric's a jerk, though, LOL.

Can someone tell me if this was the first time in a long time we heard the opening voiceover IN FULL? I can't find any clips (they cut out the hourglass for some reason) online. It struck and surprised me, and I just did a whole month of summaries, LOL.

(Edited to add emphatic text, above.)

Last edited:
Now this is how soaps should move along. Fast, furious and no bull. I was doing the dance of joy when Brady tore into Theresa right from the get go, not to mention extremely shocked when he dropped the bomb that he heard her and Anne conniving.

I'm curious as to where he might have been to have heard them. I thought maybe in the foyer but he would have been seen with the traffic in and out of that place. Then the pathetic brat continued trying to convince him she had a broken ankle, using Tate to rationalize her actions. Mother of the year she'll never be. So relieved to see Brady finally growing a brain but I fear he will soften towards Theresa after hearing her talking to Caroline.

A theme today was "scheming witches show some humanity": Bluebird flying to the rescue of poor Caroline, and Jeannie T. weeping genuine tears at the bedside of Caroline. Ms. Mason should use this occasion to tell sourpuss Eric something like: "See, I'm not all bad," and then leave Salem on a high note. As for the dim-witted Brady and his Jeannie T. problem, why doesn't he just stick her in some wing of the huge K-mansion that's so far from the living room that she'll never find her way there. In the alternative, he could have her bunk in the garden shed with Xander. She and the X-man could lull each other to sleep with complaints about what rotters Victor, Brady, Eric, and the Love Doctor are. Finally, Chad was right on target when he said that Salem marriages are "markedly less successful than the national average. Who knows? Maybe Fatha will get his hooks into Nanny Bridgit's little slice of the Emerald Isle after all.

...Finally, Chad was right on target when he said that Salem marriages are "markedly less successful than the national average. ....
I also assumed that's what he meant to say, but he sounded more like "marketably." I rewound to listen twice because that seemed strange. He's right on, too! I laughed at the line.

You know, as of yesterday I had 3 old Days episodes on my DVR, I deleted them, and NOW I wish I had them. I think most of us "zone" out when we hear that. I just think today's was longer by a few seconds, it just seemed...different somehow.

In Caroline's room, Jeannie takes Caroline's hand, starts to cry. She admits she's lost, and that Caroline's the only one who loves her despite her screw ups, and hasn't given up on her. Admits she has given up on herself, knows why others have as well. (Brady is listening in.)

I guess this is what Jen Lilley (Theresa) was referring to yesterday on Afterbuzz when she said that the new writing kicks in for her character in today's episode. I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like an improvement. I'm all for scheming, but it needs to be for an interesting reason. Brady's love isn't interesting, when he falls in love at the drop of a hat.

Can someone tell me if this was the first time in a long time we heard the opening voiceover?
The voiceover is there every single day. The part they cut was the 2nd part where he introduces himself.

Nicole offers to make something special for "Grampa Victor," her future "father-in-law."
I have no words for how much this dialogue infuriates me. I actually rewound the DVR to listen again in the hopes I had misheard something.

I was annoyed that Roman left the apartment without telling Nicole what happened. I wanted her to react to it being Eric's grandmother.

Shocked that Brady actually figured this out and was ready to kick Jeannie to the curb. Until the end. Sigh. A typical Tomlin/Whitesell script.

Kayla was entirely too calm and I don't like her frumpy looking dress. I'd like to see John and Marlena come to the hospital too. I'd also like an unannounced cameo from Kim.

I thought the Eric dialogue about it being his grandmother was weird too but Tomlin/Whitesell are the types to try to make it appear that there is no family connection between certain characters (i.e. Eric and Jeannie T.) so they can prop their absurd couples (Brady and Jeannie T.).

Ben was a bit over the top. And he needs to shave. Loved the Chad/Stefano scenes. Great job by Billy Flynn (Chad).

No clue what is going on with Xander at this point and why does he need a shed set? To hide a body? The photo at the end was interesting. Today's version of the bicentennial flyer.

I bet the picture they used of Victor holding what was presumably a little Xander was really one from the 80's of Victor holding Andrew.

andrewviccaroline.gif

Back