Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 10, 2015

I was most impressed that Jeannie Theresa was able to cut that cast off all by herself with a pair of scissors. Almost elevates her to Dr. Dan's status of miracle healthcare procedures. Last time I saw a cast taken off, it required face shield and a saw.

I can solve all Jeannie Theresa's issues in one hit. Move in with Caroline! Isn't there an apartment over the pub anyway? She and Tate can live there, Caroline is a good influence on her and can give guidance re the baby (no nanny!), and Theresa can keep an eye on Caroline and help with the pub etc. Everyone wins, and Theresa wouldn't have to work at the hospital then, because she'd be a) drawing a small income from the pub, b) have no living costs and c) get child support from Brady, so she'd be happy (ish). And they can use the generic apartment set for that redressed so it shouldn't cost too much.

Saw the show today; meh.
I won't even comment on Xander because I have no use for him.

Everything revolving around Caroline was good today, even Brady ripping into Theresa and then being interrupted by Eric and they all go to the hospital. I just hope Brady doesn't end up bedding her again. Hey I could even tolerate Serena!!

So sick and tired of Ben! He's such a dolt. Can't wait for him to leave (hopefully he will).

I admit I'm a big softie *just picture a slightly less destructive version of the Staypuff Marshmellow Man from "Ghostbusters* but I felt Theresa's pain at Caroline's bedside. :cry:

Does that mean I think that Brady should soften and reconsider his stance? Not for a mllasecond. The problem with Theresa is that while she was sincere in that moment her sincerity would last only for that moment she won't hesitate to use this situation to her advantage. Plus she has repeatedly shown that if she is given even so much as an inch she will take 500 miles.

So my advice to Brady would be stay the course, full speed ahead. To borrow the title of a Tom Petty song "Don't Back Down."

The voiceover is there every single day. The part they cut was the 2nd part where he introduces himself.
THANK YOU. I was sure the voiceover was longer today. I mis-spoke in my above post; I know there's a voiceover every day; but today's seemed different. He usually doesn't say his name, I thought.

I had the same thought JS, it looked like an actual Days photo from Victor's evil days, so I was guessing it was Andrew.
I have no words for how much this dialogue infuriates me. I actually rewound the DVR to listen again in the hopes I had misheard something.
It bugs me, too, but it's not technically incorrect. Parker's grandmother is Maggie (blechhh) and Victor's married to her. I'd have preferred "step-egg-granddady" but oh well. LOL

Thanks for the summary Jason.

I hope Brady won't let Theresa stay longer at the Kmansion because of Caroline or
start having feelings for her.

It was interesting to hear Kayla tell Eric that Serena was there for your grandmother
since Caroline is Kayla's mother.

Chad said to Ben about how 'the marriages in Salem are less successful
than national average'. I laughed.

Stefano was upset with news about Abigail. He broke his baton.

I would really like a Theresa transformation. And even more, I would really like her out of Brady's circle as a potential sheet flapper. They will always share the Tater Tot. I believe the writers need to have a color coded family tree visible and in the room at all time because the Eric "my grandmother" line was weird. And the "Your Grandmother" line odd too.

Thanks Jason for the summary. I was able to watch live today but after having read the summary. Xander, what did the writers have planned for you long term as this is not working? Slow and boring, not to mention you are now wearing too many clothes. No showers in the shed, find ye the pool, STAT, if you must appear again.:wink:

It bugs me, too, but it's not technically incorrect. Parker's grandmother is Maggie (blechhh) and Victor's married to her. I'd have preferred "step-egg-granddady" but oh well. LOL

The grandfather part didn't bother me as much as the father-in-law part did. That just struck me the wrong way because I felt she was more referring to the fact that Victor is Daniel's pseudo-father rather than his stepfather.

As for Eric, my parents have referred to my grandparents in the 3rd person before. So that didn't bother me. I thought it was odder that he said "my grandmother" right in front of Jeannie. Whoever wrote today's show clearly isn't up on show history. But I still say it's a Tomlin/Whitesell direction as they were trying to push Brady and Jeannie as a couple in that scene so Eric was Brady's brother in that moment and not Jeannie's cousin. :rolleyes:

Theresa is FOOLISH!

She accuses Brady of being harsh for calling her a liar. Newflash, she is!

She says she'd rather live on the street than be treated the way he treats her. Hello, he treated her this way BEFORE she moved in.

She tells Caroline she's the only one who didn't give up on her. LOL, her parents, Kayla, Hope, Eric have ALL tried to help her.

The girl lives in bizzaro world where up is blue and down is circle.

Of course, staying in a house where his father and the other occupants pretty much despise his mother is much better for Tate than his parents being in separate homes providing a less tense/stressful atmosphere. :rolleyes:

It's going to take more than Theresa shedding tears over Caroline's hospital bed to soften me towards the foul creature. Don't fall for it Brady!
I can't stand Theresa! Would love to see her and Eve fall on their backsides!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back