Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 11, 2014

An example would be the women who went out with Rock Hudson were his "beards". I'm sure a good number of gay male celebrities back in the day used starlets as beards.

Wonder if there is a term for the men who gay females go out with in order to make people think they are straight women?

Boy, I never ever heard the word used in that context before, but guessed what it meant, (only because it is common to use a beard as a disguise). I knew, back in the day, that Rock Hudson's marriage to Phyllis Gates was to cover up the fact he was gay, as at the time, it was thought the knowledge might possibly damage his career, which was booming.

It does seem there a lot of folks who never heard the term, so am very surprised Days dredged it up, just so Jennifer could laughingly not consider them going to that play together as a "date".

An example would be the women who went out with Rock Hudson were his "beards". I'm sure a good number of gay male celebrities back in the day used starlets as beards.

Wonder if there is a term for the men who gay females go out with in order to make people think they are straight women?
Yeah, I know of the beard thing. I, too, have always wondered if lesbians have a term for straight men they date to cover their true sexuality.

I knew what beard meant in reference, but why did Jen say it?
I'm sure there was something else she could have said.
Maybe Jen was trying to be funny

Back