Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 14, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 14, 2017

Well, another statement by the president has interrupted the show. But...1st half hour. Replay of all the ending stuff on Friday. Marlena has called John, wastes a lot of time yammering about Hattie and what she did, strawberries, etc. However, she is breaking up, John cannot make it out. She mentions being in Bayview, in the sanitarium, but John cannot understand anything she is saying, except the word "help". And of course, then the battery is dying, but she still says a lot of unnecessary words.

Eric is outside Bonnie's room, recognizes his mother's voice, knocks hard on the door, the women do not want to answer, but Bonnie convinces Hattie they won't get rid of him unless she does. Hattie opens the door, pretends she is there because Adrienne so upset, Bonnie puts on an act about breaking up with Lucas, both pretending it was counseling. Eric mentions John being upset, Hattie is sorry, makes excuses about John living his life, she has to live hers.

Chloe is trying to take Lucas's drink away, and they get into a long conversation about how sober he has been, falling off the wagon, etc. She is trying to help him, will take him somewhere no booze, a meeting no matter how far. Lucas rejects it all, gives her a hard time (Bryan Datillo does great in these scenes) so Chloe is going to call Brady. Lucas laughs, tells her Brady is the one he joined here. Chloe is shocked that Brady fell off the wagon as well.

Brady has found the amulet, decides Eric is the killer, takes it home to tell Victor. Victor notes that now Brady's prints are all over the amulet, only his word where he found it, could just as easily prove he, himself, is the klller. He admits he went there to find proof Nicole & Eric are having an affair.

Meanwhile Chad & Sonny are going over and over what they remember from that night, both drugged.......and with a flashback. ...Sonny, who was encouraged by Chad to just close his eyes, tell himself a story, he did this, that, etc. Sonny does so...aha, remembers stumbling into the living room and seeing Deimos's already dead body lying there.

Did not get next 25 min.....but....at the end...

Chloe has managed to convince Lucas to leave with her, he falls down, she & the bartender help Lucas up, she takes his car keys, they leave with Lucas shouting about Adrienne.

John is in hallway with Hattie, guess he must have wanted to see what she wanted. Hattie makes up a story about wanting to get the rest of her things from their apt. and could he not be there tomorrow a.m. John cannot believe she doesn't want to be in the same room, she is hiding something, and he is going to find out what it is.

Sonny & Chad are happy they know they did not kill Deimos, so, next they have to get out of there, find the amulet, and the killer.

The doctor/nurse is with Marlena, who is back in the strait jacket, lying on a cot, and has been given a sedative injection. He says something about her being nice and quiet now, and if she tries that stunt again (guess he means stealing his phone) that strait jacket will be like a day at the beach. He leaves, locks the door, peer in the window at her, and she is evidently thinking "John, John, help me, please, I need you"

I laughed at Lucas' line to Chloe: "Thanks for the death walk down memory lane" when she named all his exes!

There was one part where Victor called Brady out for being drunk as a skunk and that if he thought he could fool him. He told him he put him in charge since Sonny was in jail and now look at him. Victor ordered Brady to shower and sober up.

Edited to add: LOL at the Rocky scene, I bet they had a laugh when he did that, I am sure that was the joke!

I also thought of Rocky when Lucas called out "Adrienne!" Somehow I doubt that was unintentional. LOL

I found the doppelganger scenes somewhat amusing but but then when they were juxtaposed with the very well acted scenes of Lucas falling off the wagon; I was struck again by how oblivious and/or indifferent Hattie and Bonnie are to the lives they are ruining and they weren't as funny. I'm hoping that Eric will mention to John his encounter with "Marlena" and "Adrienne" and John will realize it occurred at the same time he was on the phone with "Doc" and start connecting some dots.

It's abundantly clear these two women are incapable of behaving like the people they are supposed to be impersonating that I just don't see how this can be drug out. But on the other hand I have "faith" they can find a way.:rolleyes:

I was glad to see that both Chad and Sonny realize that getting out of their predicament isn't quite as easy as simply saying "Actually officers we just remembered neither one of us did it after all" and get out of jail. But then again this is Salem and that be worth a try.

Hmm, I was going to fill in the gaps since Days airs at a different time here, but my DVR only recorded the first 31 minutes.

What I have to say about what I saw is - Eric should also be smart enough to recognise his own mother.

Cellphone troubles? Yeesh.

I HATE EVIL PSYCHIATRISTS, the go-to cheap trope for hack writers. I know Ron C is better than this, so I'm assuming this is from a sketch of Dena's (or something he used as a "Get out of Jail Free" card to transition - I know we've all considered this type of thing in our darker moments). This farce needs to end quickly.

I liked Chloe a lot today - I haven't said that in a long time.

I know Brady's drunk and stupid, but does he really think that ERIC BRADY had a reason or the ability to kill Deimos?

I'm really tired of how every drugged Deimos doer is convinced anything that leads to their guilt is a rock-solid recall, but anything that might be exculpatory is "if it really happened...". Groan.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed Lucas too. I liked the line he was pushed off the wagon.

Chloe talked to Lucas about how he didn't drink when Will died and Brady didn't
drink when Theresa left. I guess we know the reason why they did this time:
new writer :)

It was interesting Marlena told John everything about being locked up and it was Hattie.
Their connection was so bad he didn't hear that part. His ears perked up when he heard
the word help. Interesting to learn Marlena doesn't like cheese puffs, but Hattie was
eating them. Maybe this will a clue for John and maybe he and Eric and figure this
out together.

Jason, I guess John had trouble hearing Marlena because it wasn't a Salem phone.

I wonder when tomorrow will be in Salem. Hattie wants to go see Mr Roman.

Interesting stuff with Brady and Victor. Victor treated Brady like a little kid. I hope
Brady won't be drinking again. I wonder if Victor's plan is to put the amulet back
where Brady found it.

Today Chad was channeling Marlena. He told Sonny how to remember what
happened on the day Deimos died. It worked too

Eric should also be smart enough to recognise his own mother.

This bothered me as well. Though I liked his scenes with the doppelgängers but he ended up coming off as a pushover. Though I missed 10 min due to Trump press conference so I didn't see how he left the room. Paging Belle!! Maybe Claire can get involved in her mother's absence--I have to believe she would figure out something too.

I liked Chloe a lot today

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wasn't bothered by her and Lucas together. Great scenes. Still want to see her with Brady though.

Speaking of which this sudden hatred and jealousy over Eric makes no sense whatsoever. End this now please.

I no longer care who killed Deimos. They should get a party for doing us all a big favor,

True, KathyLu, and I am glad Victor brought up Tate's name and reminded Brady he has been sober since he became a dad. I did like Victor's role today with Brady, but I still wish Brady would be interacting like this with John and Marlena in the future.

I know it won't happen but Victor needs to use this opportunity to have Philip return to Salem and run Titan.

I really wanted Marlena to keep stressing Bayview and Hattie to John once she realized he was not hearing everything. It seems the padded room has poor cell phone reception. I don't think John has quite figured it out yet. By the way, at the end when the orderly had her back in the straightjacket and was sedating her, why was he administering the drug? Shouldn't a doctor or even a nurse be giving her medication?

Eric was a little dense in not realizing that Hattie was not his mother. I hope he and John start comparing notes with one another about their run-ins with "Marlena".

I enjoyed the scenes with Chloe and Lucas today. Chloe seemed more like her old self than the last few times we have seen her in town. Maybe they are considering pairing them up again?

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wasn't bothered by her and Lucas together. Great scenes. Still want to see her with Brady though.

Right now, I think Brady has had too many issues to deal with over the last few years and too many women in his life. He needs to take a break from women and focus on his son.

Aww, come on now, "it's a bad connection", "can you hear me now?" garbage yet again!

Now I did not see that coming because it's so lame. I do realize that reception is iffy in some spots, but geez. How pathetic

Lucas' Rocky impersonation was a grin! It's too bad there is not a character on Days named "Stella!" If I ever get another dog (female) that will be her name. :)

I feel the need to comment, again, about returning Halo2 memories. How do the these folks know if they are recalling actual events, or drug-induced dream sequences? As in the hypnosis scenes, GIGO, garbage in, garbage out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OC: I, too was yelling at Marlena for babbling on the guard's phone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wonder if John could have heard Marlena better if he'd kept the phone to his ear instead of waving it around in the air. I could even hear her talking when he was doing that, lol!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I hate that Lucas fell off the wagon, but love how the actor is playing it.
Agree. It's good to see Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) get some screen time. He did a great job as the inebriated, distraught Lucas. The writers now owe him and the viewers some good scenes where things are going well.

I also thought of Rocky when Lucas called out "Adrienne!" Somehow I doubt that was unintentional. LOL
It also reminded me of the scene in Streetcar Named Desire where Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski calls out "Stella!"

On other subjects;

Bonnie & Hattie: These two are a perfect example of "the gang that couldn't shoot straight." Their idiotic plan is doomed.

Bonnie: So she hates oatmeal. Well fie on her. As my father would have said, "She does't know what's good." I swear by the stuff every morning.

latest

Quaker Oats Guy: Gag on
those Cheese Puffs, Bonnie.

Bayview: Mayor Abe should close this place down. What mental hospital accepts a patient without proper paperwork and contact information? And where does it get its staff? That guy handling Marlena belongs in Raines's jail.

Chad: Who needs Marlena? Stefano's surprise son is proving remarkably good at helping Sonny recover lost memories.

Back