Days Of Our Lives-Mon., Aug. 18, 2014

Heather4CU

Reaction score
It’s a new day in Salem. Hallelujah!

Eve and Jeannie Theresa are at the Pub. Eve saying it’s time for her and Paige to reunite. Eve wants Jeannie Theresa to convince Paige to go to Stanford. Says she will open up her mouth about John and Brady unless she does it. Jeannie Theresa tries to deny anything has happened but Eve calls her on it.

Paige and Mary Beth on a bench at HTS. Mary Beth still trashing JJ saying Paige will get hurt. Paige walks away when she gets a text from Eve. Mary Beth now talking to Eve about Stanford in HTS. Paige is now home and Jeannie Theresa knocks on the door. Asks if she remembers her and says “I’m your Auntie Theresa”. LOL! Eve and Mary Beth see JJ and Rory. Mary Beth bashes both of them, Eve has that sinister look on her face. Rory is excited he got into Salem U and wants to throw a party. Funny stuff. Eve comes over and asks Rory to leave. Says she is disappointed in JJ. Jeannie Theresa has a gift from Shane for Paige, it’s a Stanford shirt. Eve is now accusing JJ of pressuring Paige to stay, now compares him to Jack. He tells her not to go there. Jeannie Theresa says she knows JJ very well and is excited that Paige is dating JJ. Says she and Paige have other things in common: their moms are both reformed, prison bad girls. Jeannie Theresa leaves a parting shot about Paige calling her if she and JJ are ever in trouble.

Rory and JJ together again at HTS. Rory can’t decide whether Eve or Jen is hotter. Jj tells him to be quiet.

Hope at the Horton house with Jen and JJ. Asks about “that date” with Aiden. JJ questions it and asks Jen hy so soon after Daniel. Cue Aiden at the door, JJ looks upset. Jennifer steps outside with JJ and calls it a friendly dinner. JJ says Jen loves Daniel and she talks about the conversation from last night. JJ says they drive him nuts LOL and that he just wants her to be happy. Aiden talking to Hope about Daniel’s “Citizen’s Arrest” of Kristen. Awkward conversation now turns to his date with Jen. Enter Jen. Hope wants to leave but Aiden says he should instead. Says he will call next time. Jen now tells Hope they were going to dinner as friends and tells Hope the idea of it being a date bothered her. Hope blames it on Daniel and says she should be with him. Jen says she is stupid not to give up after the conversation last night. Jen now has a work crisis to handle. They makes plans to have lunch soon. Hope now finds Aiden outside the Pub and asks Aiden why he didn’t go out with Jen last night. Jen had to cancel due to Kristen. He goes inside and Hope says she knows exactly what he is up to. She also looks secretly glad that the date didn't happen.

Sweaty Ben is at the park. Here come Abigail and Arianna. Small talk about Arianna and Ben asks if he can hang out with them for a while. Ben now has a pink balloon on a string(from the magic park balloon fairy). Gives it to Abigail and it flies away while they kiss. EJ runs by and stops in his tracks. Jealous stares. Abigail sees EJ and he comes over. Says he is glad to see them and Ben says he can’t say the same. They go to leave and EJ tells Abigail to wait a minute. EJ is defending Abigail to Ben, takes responsibility for the affair and says the affair has been over a long time. Wants to be civil to one another. He then runs off. Ben wants to be congratulated for not punching EJ. Abigail and Ben kissing again.

Will and Sonny discussing the article at their apartment. Sonny asks about Sami. Will is not worried that she is furious. She is getting what she deserves because she is trying to destroy Abigail’s life. Will tells Sonny Sami threatened him but Will claims she would never do anything(purposely) to hurt him. Sonny thinks Will should have thought this through and given Sami a heads up. Will says it’s too late and that online edition is posting right now. Will now upset with Sonny as he only has his support up to a point. Will now apologizing for getting mad at Sonny. Sonny supports Will but is worried about fallout. Article is still not up. They wonder if Sami stopped it from being published. Will talks to the magazine and says the article had to be tweaked a bit before publishing. Enter Kate. Will tells Kate he was justified in writing the article. Tells her after years of watching her, Sami and Lucas in action, what did she expect? Kate says nothing she has done was ever intended to hurt anyone she loves. Yeah right. Will apologizes again and says he loves Kate. She is surprised they are so much alike and leaves. Will and Sonny hug.

Sami and Kate at DiMansion having breakfast (fresh fruit) in very colorful robes(Sami and Kate both actually look like they are not wearing makeup). Kids are now at sleepaway camp!!!! How old is Sydney?!? Enter EJ—Kate and Sami mock him about Kristen. EJ claims he has cut her out of his life and is not representing her. EJ reminds Kate of their conversation the previous night. Sami questions Kate and she says it’s nothing, just that Stefano will want to have someone kill them. Sami tells Kate about Will’s article except doesn’t say Will is the writer. Kate wants to get an injunction. Sami says it’s all the truth and says Will wrote it. Kate is now figuring out why Will was questioning her the other day about the takeover. Kate is worried about the Board finding out the takeover details and about Stefano’s hit man once he sees the article. Sami is talking to Mr. Shin who wants to know if she and EJ have reconciled since the article was written. Sami says they have, that is why they live together. Shin wants to make sure profits are still rolling in. Sami looks nervous. Sami now looks at photo of the kids and says she misses them. EJ comes in and she asks if they can go to sleepaway camp for a couple weeks. He says fine and thinks Sami will kick him out before they return. She says no. He says she is acting differently, thinks it’s because of his threat to Kate. Says he is trying to protect her. EJ goes upstairs and knows something is up. Claims he knows her too well LOL. He sure didn't know her too well before the wedding! Sami doesn’t think EJ will be too happy once he reads the article.

Thanks for posting the summary. I will have to catch the show later online as I could not finish it live. The President cut in here on the west coast for the last half hour of the show.

I'm so glad it is a new day in Salem. It was nice seeing Ben with no shirt-and EJ being jealous and wearing something other than a suit! Ben and Abby make a good couple.

I liked that it was realistic that Sami and Kate were just in their jammies and no makeup and everything. A nice change. But their pajamas were even worse than Abigail's dress! Yikes! For that matter, I didn't care for Jennifer's dress or Hope's jacket either. But anyways, I loved the Kate scenes today, her going to Will and all, and talking with Sami. I am already for the Sami-EJ story to end...I just don't care anymore. Boring.

Nice to see Rory, but his chatter of Jennifer and Eve (especially to JJ about his own mom)...distasteful! Well, more so about Jennifer, since her son is his best friend! Mary Beth, Theresa, and Eve were all annoying and filler today. Ugh! I felt sorry for Paige having to listen to Theresa's rants, but she really is smart, as she suspects Eve wAs behind it.

I loved Hope and Aiden, as usual. I wish we got to see more of them instead of Eve and Theresa.

They're never really good with matching up their "sound effects" with the unseen children. Like with Parker, when he's on-screen, he can barely speak and when he does, it's not very clear. But they once had him in the other room calling out to Daniel saying "Daddy, I need you", clear as a bell. It was obvious they had someone pretending to be a little kid.

I hated Jennifer's dress too but she has done a lot worse. I liked Hope's outfit: cop appropriate yet fashionable. And as much as they don't look good on tv, the chunky heels make sense for someone who may have to run in them.

I hope we get to see Aiden and Hope again tomorrow. I too would prefer them over Eve and company.

Add Theresa to the list of people who quickly succumb to empty threats. If Eve called the Salem P.D. saying she had a tip about the John Black case, as soon as it was determined that she has no first-hand information, she's be dismissed as just another crank. Speaking of Theresa, she really ought to give up playing Eve's little provocateur. She came off as phony as a three-dollar bill. Her time would be spent looking for a new sugar daddy at Club TBD or at some upscale place in Chicago. Finally, Eve should not underestimate Rory. He may be Salem U.'s newest party-hearty slacker, but he was able to help JJ outsmart the brat girl. Who knows, maybe he also has the charm to turn Eve into Salem's latest cougar.

Thanks for the summary Heather and great having a new day in Salem.

It was interesting to me to see the EJ wear a tshirt from OxFORD
and we saw another one from StanFORD. They also mentioned Salem U.

So colleges were mentioned and at the end we saw the collage of the kids.
I'm assuming they took all the kid twins and put them together.

I thought Kate was fully made up including her jewelry wearing her sleep
wear and Sami wasn't when they ate breakfast. Maybe Kate looks
different on a bigger TV.

It was probably good Sami called Mr Shin but she lied to him at the end.

Jen's dress was ok. She was dressed for summer. I think Theresa was
wearing her Halloween dress. It reminded me of an x-ray :)

I was so glad to see the resurrection of Hope and Jen's friendship. I've been seeing more friendships and friendly conversations lately, which I'm really glad about. Jen is looking prettier these days too. Sorry JJ but I think your mom and Daniel are both better off AWAY from each other.

Mary Beth is ridiculous. Who goes and tattles to their friend's mother about their friend's college plans??? Eve's idea to get Theresa to interfere with JJ and Paige was stupid and not worthy of her--it was a Bev type of scheme. However I do think this is Theresa's karma--if I didn't know better I'd think Eve was paying Theresa back for what she did to JJ last year.

I liked the scene between Will and Kate, though Kate's big circle necklace was distracting. lol. I thought it was interesting how Sami's revenge is against everyone but Will. Instead of getting mad, if Jen had responded to Sami by saying, "What Abigail did was wrong, but if I found out Will had slept with my husband, what what you would want me to do about it?" maybe Sami might have actually stopped.

EJ can stop staring at Abby from the bushes. Too bad if he's jealous of Ben. Ben is her age, not engaged and actually cares about her.

Really great job. I couldn't stomach the episode!! LOL

This writing regime knows only one note - boy A, girl B, interloper C. Be it Anne, Liam, Mary Beth, JJ (now pushing for his mom and Daniel, ICK)...oy.

Then again - when what they deliver for strife for a couple that doesn't involve an interloper is what they give us with Will & Sonny - I say, bring on the interlopers!! LOL

Elsewhere, I've started a donation club for sewing Ben's shirt to his pants.
donat.gif

I can't buy into Abby and Ben's relationship. They have one conversation in the park after her argument with Nick and the next thing you know they're kissing and suddenly a couple. We haven't seen them go on one date, but everyone in town knows they are "Ben and Abby". The writers really need to invest some decent writing and screen time into developing romantic relationships.

You're right JS. He knows she has a thing for older unavailable men, but hey that's in the past. She knows he has some daddy issues but she's had those too. And all of that sharing and caring done while he's wiping down the bar at TBD. Quality time can't get any better than that!

Whatever happened to people/couples lying on the couch pretending to watch a movie and eating snacks. Surely it wouldn't eat into the budget to set up that little scenario because I actually like scenes such as that...(cough *Rafe and Sami* cough)

Back