Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 22, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 22, 2016

If we all thought the lackluster "cliffhanger" episode before the 2 week hiatus for the Olympics would mean a slam bang welcome back episode when it returned.....not hardly.

Maggie is looking fondly at a picture of her & Victor on their wedding day, and begins to reminisce about it when Victor enters the living room. They both agree they are happy, that while their wedding did not have all the flowers & trimmings, it was perfect for them. She mentions them not even having a dance, he claims 2 left feet anyway. But promises they WILL have a dance. She agrees, that no matter what happens, they will find a way. Then it was how they came through the past year, the death of Daniel, loss of their home, Summer's part in the kidnapping of Tate. Victor doesn't want her blaming herself, not her fault. They talk of her upcoming surgery TODAY, and having a positive attitude. Nicole arrives, bringing Maggie a small picture of Daniel, which Maggie loves.

Next, Maggie is at the hospital, Dr. Hockman is sending her off to the anthologist Victor thanks him for coming out of retirement for this.

Chloe is tossing and turning, dreaming of Deimos learning about the baby, and accusing her of being a *bleep*. She wakes up as Claire arrives, but runs to the bathroom when Claire mentions bringing bagels. With Chloe out of the room, Claire notices a brochure on terminating a pregnancy, but puts it down, rumming thru her purse as Chloe returns. She babbles about not realizing Chloe was still not feeling well, but Chloe realizes she has seen the brochure, assures Claire she is not terminating the pregnancy, and says Philip does know, but to not say anything, keep it between them.

Shawn & Belle sit at Club TBD, talking of Claire’s decision not to attend college, etc. Belle has tried to reason with her, Shawn knows that she can still apply after being off a year, thinks they should. As they discuss, Belle admits she is being overprotective, Shawn thinks they should just let Claire make her own mistakes, and figure it all out for herself. She says he sounds like Philip, which ticks him off a bit...he is tired of every conversation they have ending up with Phil being mentioned. She is sorry, promises it won’t happen again. Philip walks in, Shawn spots him, kisses Belle, they do a bit of smooching, Phil watches a bit. Finally Shawn has to leave, Phil comes over to Belle, and talks a bit about her being a not so silent partner, getting in his face about Claire being Chloe’s asst., etc. Upshot is, he is going to look for someone to buy her out, which ticks her off, even tho she promises to keep her lip zipped. She leaves abruptly.

Nicole goes to see Deimos, who is playing a lively tune on the piano. She has thought it over, and decided to come and run Basic Black. She admits that what he did for Maggie, (getting the famous doc out of retirement) was what made her change her mind. He immediately is pushing for more, she reminds him, she just lost her fiance’ a few months ago, and he just spent 30 years in prison, plus was engaged to Kate just a short time ago. Slow down, take it easy. He says her fiance’ died just a month before their wedding, she should have learned a lesson about waiting. He talks of having a family...and Nicole immediately tells him all about being shot a few years ago, being told she could never have children, but got pregnant twice, losing both before carrying to term. Doctors had warned her, and Deimos wants a family, should think about it more. He starts talking of adopting, surrogate....then stops...knowing , as nicole said, just one step at a time. He wants to call Dr. Hockman, Nicole is going to hospital, tells him to come along. He is rather reluctant, but agrees.

Claire comes to Chloe’s empty apt., sits and begins writing, singing a bit, as she composes a song. She turns on some guitar music to accompany her. Chloe comes in, thinks Claire has a beautiful voice, Claire says she was writing the song for Chloe. Philip arrives, wants to talk to Chloe alone, Claire leaves. He wants to talk about the baby, asks if she intends to tell Deimos. No. So, then we have to have a baby daddy. Chloe doesn’t think it that easy to convince anyone, but Philip is hinting at himself being the one. With their own past history, it is easy to believe. He cares a great deal for Chloe & Parker, promises he will not interfere one iota with any parenting decision she makes. So, do you want Deimos to know or not.

Claire goes to the park, sits on a bench. and starts writing and singing the song. Shawn happens by, stands behind her, listening, smiling all the while.

Victor is pacing, Sonny shows up, hugs, Vic is glad he is there. In another area Deimos & Nicole arrive, he asks the nurse to tell Dr. Hockman he is there for an update. Nicole figures the doc is probably with Maggie.

Dr. Hockman comes out, telling Vic the surgery went beautifully, she came thru wonderfully, is in recovery. Vic is insistent whether it worked...but the doctor says that while everything looks really good, until the swelling goes down, and healing begins, they won’t know exactly. He says Vic can go see her now. Victor is at Maggie’s bedside, Sonny standing on the side, as Maggie’s eyes begin to flutter open. Amazingly (maybe I missed something) she doesn’t appear to have any IVs, or is hooked to any machines. Gotta say Salem is just a miracle town, isn’t it? Victor tells her how the doctor said it all went so well, She thanks God, then says “and Deimos....as Nicole & Deimos arrive. Victor scowls.

Hmmm. Let's see......Back several years ago, Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby, but did not want him to know. However he did find out, but when he confronted her, Rafe calmly said he was the father, EJ refused to believe it, insisted on paternity testing, and Daniel, deciding to help Nicole, managed his phrasing to indicate that indeed, Rafe WAS the father.

So now, we have Chloe pregnant with Deimos's child (and he has now indicated wanting a family) and Philip is offering to say he is the daddy to keep Deimos away. Gee, wonder how it will all work out.

It was not a very exciting show to come back to. Way to go, Days, to entice viewers to keep watching the show :sarcasm:. As Poirot mentioned, the baby story is a repeat when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby, but had Rafe pretending to be the father of her baby with Daniel supporting it. Wash, rinse, repeat:beat:.

So glad Days is back. I could do without the Daniel gushing. Ahh, the love fest continues. So when is the Canonization??:sarcasm: No matter, I have plans.
Love Doctor worship just rolls on and on with no end in sight. Considering that Maggie took Dr. McScruffy's ID with her into the O.R., University Hospital might now want to make some extra bucks by marketing them as good-luck charms to all patients headed there. And then to raise morale once they're back in their rooms, Love Doctor memorabilia (pins, bobble-head dolls, pennants, t-shirts, hats, etc.) should be available to friends and family. As for Maggie's operation itself, the writers seem to be anxious to wrap up her paralysis plot. Dr. Hockman's operation was one of the quickest in Salem history. Perhaps, he's read the orange-tinted medical superhero's book, Major Surgeries in Five Minutes.
Hmmm. Let's see......Back several years ago, Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby, but did not want him to know. However he did find out, but when he confronted her, Rafe calmly said he was the father, EJ refused to believe it, insisted on paternity testing, and Daniel, deciding to help Nicole, managed his phrasing to indicate that indeed, Rafe WAS the father. So now, we have Chloe pregnant with Deimos's child (and he has now indicated wanting a family) and Philip is offering to say he is the daddy to keep Deimos away. Gee, wonder how it will all work out.
Yes, Shaggy Phil is just full of great ideas. What could go wrong? And since Philly K. is such a genius, Belle would be foolish not to take his advice on how to handle Claire. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Not loving it. Boring. Same ol' same ol'. Again shoving a romance that makes no sense (Nicole and Deimos). Sorry if I can't get all warm and fuzzy about Claire. Not happening. Her song as is doesn't remotely sound like a Chloe song. Maybe if I heard Chloe sing it. Cannot understand half the lyrics. Sounds like every other song she sings. They just aren't writing her very well. The best thing all day is Chloe telling Claire, "Look you are my assistant, we aren't BFFs." Too many young people are too forward because of social media. They don't understand boundaries. Too many parents trying to be "friends" with their kids. Good job Chloe.

I'm hoping this Chloe/Deimos/Philip mess causes the younger Kiriakis to think about his biological son, perhaps wonder about him, and conclude that he did the right thing letting a family take him.

I like Deimos. I always have. Even when he poisoned Maggie, I still rooted for him. I'm not sure how I feel about Deimos and Nicole, but I'd love for her to have a baby, since it is what she wants, and has been a good mum in the past.

I have no idea what we're supposed to think about Philip/Belle/Shawn. I'm hoping Claire goes to college part-time, and works for Chloe, too. Why is this inconceivable in Salemland? (Also, how nice that recently-became-a-lawyer Belle and working stiff cop Shawn-D have no financial worries about young Claire's education?)

So now, we have Chloe pregnant with Deimos's child (and he has now indicated wanting a family) and Philip is offering to say he is the daddy to keep Deimos away. Gee, wonder how it will all work out.
The only major difference is that Deimos is not total slime, his nastiness was somewhat justified (if a bit misdirected), and he has not (to our knowledge) tried to harm the mother of his child or his children (remembering EJ forcing Sami to tell Johnny she didn't want him?). But otherwise...yeah, standard soap trope.

Would it be that hard to have two mature adults agree to raise a child together, separately? Heck, even my emotionally stunted uncle and his 16-year-old baby-mama were able to accomplish that, nearly 40 years ago. Why in 2016 are we still subjected to this kind of story? (And why should I care about Chloe, who's only been back in Salem about 5 minutes, when all she does is yell at the most likable character in the teen set!?!?!)

As much as I'm done with Victor, I did like his scenes with Maggie today.

Maybe holding Daniel's badge helped the surgeon with Maggie's surgery :)

I enjoyed Victor and Maggie's conversation about their wedding. I'm glad he wasn't
grumpy as usual.

I wonder if Nicole will tell Deimos the whole story about taking Sydney and the rest of
the things she did when she was pregnant. Will Deimos tell Nicole how he blackmailed
the doctor to the surgery?

Will Claire be the one to tell Chloe's secret about having a baby? I'm sure someone will. It's Salem.

Will Deimos believe Chloe's baby isn't his? Will they have to do a DNA test? Will Caroline
be called to fix it LOL

Does Chloe know Gabi at all? The reason why I ask is because I was thinking if they do know each other I'm sure Gabi can tell her how well it worked it out when Nick offered to take responsibility for fathering another man's child. That just went so well that ...oh wait.

I know there are some significant differences between the two situations such as Will knew he was the father the whole time and reluctantly went along with the whole scheme. But my point is it was a dumb idea then and it's still a dumb idea now, but Will and Gabi were a pair of mixed-up kids then. Chloe and Philip are a pair of thirty-somethings who have both been around the block a few times. For them to try to pull the same stunt is even dumber. Can we just not do this please? *sigh*

I have to say I'm not getting why Chloe's pregnancy would impact her recording an album? I mean all she has to do is sit on a stool in a recording booth wear a pair of earphones and sing into a microphone right? Do those studios contain some radioactive material I'm unaware of? I'm just not getting what the big deal is. LOL

Will Claire be the one to tell Chloe's secret about having a baby? I'm sure someone will. It's Salem.

Has anyone ever kept a secret they swore they would in Salem?

A teen doesn't understand the meaning of a secret, because they immediately tell someone and say, "I'm not supposed to say but I'll burst if I don't tell someone!"

As a musician, singer, myself, I would say her breathing could be hampered while pregnant. I mean that sincerely without sarcasm. Breathing is so important to sound production. You become winded when pregnant even though sitting. She is in the early stages of her pregnancy but an album takes a while. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Hockman's operation was one of the quickest in Salem history. Perhaps, he's read the orange-tinted medical superhero's book, Major Surgeries in Five Minutes.
He must have skipped the chapter that in order for the surgery to be successful, it should've been performed on the rickety kitchen table in a Smith Island cabin, with rusty cooking utensils.

It wouldn't surprise me if Claire tells the secret. Didn't she promise Ciara she wouldn't tell about the rape, then she told anyway? And Moira is right, teenagers say they will burst if they don't tell someone. I guess they must really believe it too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the summary. I had forgotten Days would be back today until I came here and saw that someone had mentioned it in Donuts. Haven't watched yet.

Back