Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 24, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 24, 2015

A new day has dawned in Salem, as Nicole runs into Brady in the square, and is all up in the air because she has a summons for Xander, is suing him. Meanwhile, Theresa find Xander in the house, having a cold drink, whines herself about being on her toes, always feeling someone is watching her, wishing she had somewhere she could just be alone, to be by herself, yada, yada. In comes Nicole & Brady, who is upset to find Xander in the house, thinks Theresa let him in, no, hot out, needed a cold drink. Nicole gives him the summons, civil court, he is going to pay for trying to kill her. She can't get him into jail, but civil court doesn't need as much proof "beyond a reasonable doubt" as criminal court. Oops, the hearing is today, Xander has no money, she tells him to take good care of Victor's roses, because he may have to get a huge loan. (Seems Vic's gate guards are under instructions to ward off process servers, so Xander wasn't notified "last week")

Eric runs into Serena, who doesn't plan on leaving town now, is doing some research at the hospital. Nicole arrives with Brady, serves Serena with a summons as well. She is having a fit as it is today. Brady & Nicole leave, Eric offers to help, go to court with her, get a lawyer, yada, yada.
And court is over, Nicole was victorious, Serena & Xander are to pay $250,000. Brady calls Theresa, will be home later. Nicole really doesn't feel all that victorious, as she still has to sleep with the lights on, a grown woman! She mumbles about getting into an elevator gets her so scared...Brady holds her, it will get better.
Xander has gone home, is raging as he takes off his shirt, back in the T-shirt to show the rippling muscles. Theresa is sympathetic, figures she will help him, starts kissing him passionately. Bingo he throws her on the sofa, is atop her, ripping her top apart as he kisses her neck. She hears the door slam, starts to struggle, pushing him away, calling him a pervert. In comes Brady, grabs Xander, throwing him down. Xander gets up, angry, is about to tell all, but Brady gives him a punch to the jaw, down Xander goes, And Theresa smirks.
Eric wants to take Serena to lunch, a beer & sandwich. she does have the money, he protests about the blood diamonds, she was going to use the money to turn her life around. Nicole comes along, throws a few jibes, at Eric as he almost was killed as well. But she leaves, Eric & Serena agree to lunch. She will buy.

Ben & Abby are having breakfast, she made pancakes, he gives her a small box, contains plane tickets to Vegas. He wants to marry today, and starts blathering about all those chintzy Vegas things a wedding there would entail. She protests, she never agreed, said she would think about it, wants to get married in Salem. She won't run away, hide the fact she is pregnant, etc. He apologizes, and soon she is talking wedding plans. Flower girls, bridesmaids, Ben is mostly just listening.

Over at DiMansion, Stefano is once again badgering Chad about pursuing Abby. Chad protests, she is getting married, she chose Ben, he is not going after a woman just for a piece of land. They go back & forth, Stefano gets angry, telling him there is more to this than what the books show. Oh, Chad knows the family has other resources. They argue, Chad leaves, calls Abby, asking her to see him now, very important. She pretends to Ben that it is the hospital, something about the charity, she has to go, will be back soon. After she leaves, Ben sits, debates a bit, then picks up his phone, keys in the "ol' Abby tracker" to see where she has gone. He gets up and abruptly leaves.

Abby shows up at DiMansion, Chad thanks her for coming, takes her into the study, where, with Stefano sitting right there, begins to tell Abby how his father wants him to pursue her for her fortune. Abby really has no money, just a small amount from her father, but Chad goes on about the land Bridget's family left to her, and how she is dying and left it to her in her will. Stefano does a bit of protesting, but Chad continues on. Abby cannot understand how Stefano knows all this, but Chad assures her that Stefano makes it his business to check on everything. She claims she would never part with anything Bridget gave her, Chad knows that. He tells her now that she knows, she can rest easy knowing she won't be bothered any more by the DiMera family, including him, she can go back to planning her wedding with her family. She says yes, she will need lots of help, and with the bab........she stops, then continues on, she is having a baby. It belongs to Ben. Chad is happy for her, congratulations, you will make a beautiful mother. Abby looks for a minute like she is about to cry, but pulls herself together.
She says good-bye to Chad, he closes the door behind her. she is holding the tears back, as she hears Stefano ranting at Chad for the stunt he just pulled. She goes out.

Stefano continues to bellow at Chad, going on about him being a DiMera, his only son, but Chad reminds him that he did not grow up a DiMera, was perfectly happy and did o.k. Stefano then yells and rants some more, telling him to leave the house, get out, and he doesn't mean just take a walk. Leave this house. Chad says fine....and goes out.

Abby arrives home to a waiting Ben, who said he would have gone with her, to help. Nope, she did o.k. and would have had to explain everything, easier to do alone. Oh, but he is a quick learner. She goes off to change out of her dress. Ben is looking at her as she leaves.
Chad is at a bar, finishing a drink, pushing the glass, "keep them coming". He stares off, with a solemn look on his face.

I enjoyed today!

Nicole serving court summons to Xander and Serena all chipper was hilarious. Xander didn't get his because Victor's gate guards have instructions to dodge subpoenas :rotfl:

Ben is a real catch isn't he. He tries to push a quickie Vegas wedding on Abby and implies that they should get married before she gets too big. What I found astounding though is Abby stops to take Chad's call in the middle of "wedding planning" with Ben and then hightails it over to the Dimera mansion. Of course, Ben wastes no time pulling out his handy dandy Abigail tracker. This marriage won't last a day, and that's if they actually make it down the aisle. I snickered though when he told Abby he's interested in everything she does. :rotfl:If only she knew how true those words were.

When Abby told Chad she was pregnant, Stefano was the most shocked person in the room LOL. He saw another Dimera heir slipping through his fingers.

Theresa :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If Ben starts drinking heavily, perhaps he could "push" Abigail who could fall and have a miscarriage?

Wow ! Gotta love Nicole ! :clap:Yes, finally, someone is taking a stand and not willing to let the infamous, oh so good, Salem PD, in charge of a criminal's fate. Finally, someone is making sure there is some kind of punishment, even if it is strictly financial. I just wish idiot Eric had heard Nicole's statements about the fear. Wow ! This man is so fickle, he goes from hating Nicole, to forgiving her, to loving her soon much, to hating Serena, to tolerating her because she "saved" Caroline, to defending her and thinking Nicole is actually not right in doing what she's doing. Can this guy BE more annoying or stupid ? (Picture Chandler Bing, from Friends, saying this).

Theresa : Oh, just go away, you awful, awful woman ! I wish John had sued her also.

Chad : Wow ! He's amazing. Talk about a wonderful character, that is not one dimensional. I love him. And now, while I do think he and Abigail have amazing chemistry, I also think he deserves better than fickle (yes, she too) Abigail, who can't seem to get it straight and choses to stay with a guy who's trying to control her every move because she's pregnant. Hey, Abby, how about being by yourself, you dimwit ? Again, while I hate violent storylines, I now hope Ben does turn violent and Chad ends up saving clueless Abigail and destroying Ben.

Why is Xander in the house ? Where are Victor's men ? Apparently, they do control the comings and goings. Why not Xander ? :rolleyes:

Lastly, I'm sorry to say, Stefano has run his course in Salem. He should bow out. He's really, really not entertaining. He looked like a fool when he threw Chad out, while Chad was clearly the bigger man.

I can't believe I forgot my favorite moment of the day.

Serena and Xander were arguing with each other about Nicole suing them and who did what to whom and Serena says it's Xander's fault for trying to kill Nicole and Eric and Xander gets offended and says that's an ugly rumor

Really slow episode today. I could have easily pegged it for Tomlin/Whitesell writing.

Nicole looked fabulous but her writing was all over the place. Who files a lawsuit and then has to be in court an hour later? And conveniently neither was served the week before? Even if they had been served, the likelihood of the suit happening so quickly are little to none. Yet another storyline not researched properly. Just silly. Then she is crying to Brady about the lights and then snapping at Eric? What?!? The only good thing about these scenes was that Daniel wasn't on.

Eric was pretty inconsistent too but I see where they are going with that at least.

Jeannie T/Xander/Brady: :rolleyes: and :sick:

I was shocked that Stefano was shocked about Abigail's pregnancy.

I liked seeing the breakfast scene and then the wedding planning discussion because those are normal, everyday things. I do think Abigail should have been honest about the call from Chad though. I feel like we are now getting a repeat of Shawn/Belle/Philip except Ben and Chad are much darker characters than Shawn and Philip.

The lighting was on point today.

Really slow episode today. I could have easily pegged it for Tomlin/Whitesell writing.
I disagree. The Brady/Nicole scenes had Dena Higley written all over them. Their friendship was all but forgotten under Tomlin/Whitesell. And I swear there was no mention of Daniel in any of Nicole's conversations. THAT would have never happened before. Plus the fact that Abby revealed her pregnancy to Chad this soon would have never happened in the previous regime either.
Well, I could offer up an explanation as to the speediness of Nicole's lawsuit but then I'd have to mention a spoiler and that's against the rules. :wink:

I loved the scenes with Brady and Nicole. Their friendship is fantastic and I'm glad that Nicole opened up to him about what she's been going through with the residual fears from her ordeal. Good stuff.

I wasn't too surprised about Chad going against his father to tell Abby about the Ireland thing but I totally did not expect her to tell him she's pregnant. There better be some follow up scenes of Chad and/or Stefano further questioning the paternity of that baby though. No way either one (especially Stefano) would take that info at face value and trust that Ben is really the father.
The Theresa stuff was predictable. Wake me up when this woman changes. Lather, rinse, repeat. :beat:

Nicole looked fabulous today but this court thing was pretty weird. Not a bit of it on air? Crazy. And i do not like how Eric is softening up to Serena. She's a horrbile woman I don't care if she was there for Caroline.

Theresa is just insane. She knows Xander is a psycho so she says hey I'll accuse of him trying to rape me. She is so desperate. Baby Tate has not changed her a bit.

Ben is turning psycho with his Abigail tracking app. That is really creepy. Baby can't be his. I wish I remembered Chad and Abigail having a love story because I really don't. She was going between him and Cameron until Chad lied about a brain tumor. I remember Chad and Melanie being the love story. I need to find old episodes I guess. :) Glad finally she told Chad she is pregnant and that it is definitely Ben's but I don't think this will be the end of it.

We don't know definitively if Ben is the father because Clyde threatened Martin in order to make sure the paternity test results came out the way he wanted. My theory is Martin never ran the tests and just gave Kayla doctored results. I guess I don't trust the initial results.

Last edited:
I have one thing to say about Chad today: :clap::clap::clap:\

That's what I want to see a Dimera who isn't going to blindly kowtow to Stafano and walk in lockstep with this "We are Dimeras and we take want we want and do whatever we want to whoever we want because we are Dimeras" nonsense the old man is always trying to foist upon him. This family needs someone with a heart and backbone and I'm glad to see Chad seems to have both.

Ben and Abigail: What can I say other then the bloom has long since withered and died from this rose I fear. Abigail seems to be getting all too comfortable with lying to him and Ben continues upon the path of creepy possessiveness to something far worse.

I'm still in the camp that thinks his character is salvageable but NOT if he stays in Chad and Abigail's orbit. I wish they would just wrap this up and find something else for him to do.

And as far as Abigail goes I'm finding it hard to sympathize with her as much as I would like to. She needs to stand with her decision to marry Ben or tell him she can't marry him and why. Either way I just want her to stop crying.

I really hope Ben doesn't get violent with Abigail. I don't want her or the baby getting hurt. :eek:

I disagree. The Brady/Nicole scenes had Dena Higley written all over them. Their friendship was all but forgotten under Tomlin/Whitesell. And I swear there was no mention of Daniel in any of Nicole's conversations. THAT would have never happened before. Plus the fact that Abby revealed her pregnancy to Chad this soon would have never happened in the previous regime either.
Oh ok :drunk:

Edited to add: We got some nice Nicole/Brady scenes in the hospital after the Titan basement fiasco too. That coupled with the Eric/Nicole scenes while trapped makes me think those scenes were already being tinkered with by the new writers. I had thought so at the time but now I think it more so.

Gotta say, I was very happy to NOT see Chad crawling across the room on his hands and knees to kiss Stefano's ring. Ugh......that was a most degrading scene.

And yes, Abigail needs to take a long hard look at the man she agreed to marry. His making decisions for her, bragging to Chad, even putting the ring on her finger in front of Chad. And if Abby is keeping truths from Ben, he is doing exactly the same thing to her. And perhaps it is worse. He keeps baiting her, tracking her. When he tore up those tickets he was soooooo angry. But then he grabbed the pieces, put them back in the box. That was odd.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest definitely with Ben, yikes. Chad, I can't say enough how much I love this character. Xander Theresa, Serena and Eric:sick: Glad to see Nicole and Brady's friendship is being brought back and I like Nicole's fire.

Been gone for a week so catching up on the show. Few questions: 1) Um Eric, who is, or was or is or maybe kinda sorta some days, so head over heels in love with Nicole "the love of his life" , is now defending Serena and basically took her side today when Nicole came around? I think Eric and Abby should get together! 2) Nicole has to sleep with the lights on?? Doc Dan sleeps with her, doesn't he, since they live together now? (very strange).

Love Chad, as always, and Abby better start thinking about the baby and stop all the crying and stress.

Dr.BakerFan is going to have a field day with how that went down with the lawsuit, hand-delivered notices and court time an hour later!
Right you are, JS. I almost fell off the sofa. Nicole's lawsuit was so absurd in so many ways that a detailed critique would be far too long for a post. The bottom line is that nobody gets served by a litigant, and then is dragged into court the same day as being served, get's no time to engage a lawyer, and is then immediately hit with a six-figure judgment. Talk about a legal travesty. In real life Nicole's lawsuit wouldn't have gotten into court for several years. Sure it's a soap, but to play so fast and loose with reality is ridiculous, even worse than the forests of Greenland and Shawn and Belle's mid-winter cruise out of Toronto. Other absurdities today include 1) the Ben-Abigail relationship. If these two wed the society page headline should be "Creepy Stalker Weds Chronic Liar." 2) The Phoenix has lost it. He's not interested in taking over a valuable German telecommunications firm, but is obsessed with Nanny Bridget's slice of the Emerald Isle, possibly complete with a few stone walls and a tumble-down cottage. (Yes, there's talk of oil in Ireland, but that's off the coast.) 3) Xander's "luv" skills are so lacking that they make the late slimy Clint look like a sophisticated romeo. Finally, Chad shouldn't worry about being disowned. Every DiMera son gets disowned at one time or another. Now he's a real DiMera.

Last edited:
Not only that, but Chad told Abby that he had his own money, they could leave, go somewhere no one knows them, the name, etc. and get a little house, live like normal people. So, he would not be hurting financially.

The thing with Chad.......he lost his mother, has no siblings, lost the girl he loves, and is now thrown out by his father. His partner & good friend has left town to work for his uncle, and Chad is really.......all alone.

I think that civil suit travesty was just hurried up so they could move the story faster into the direction they are going, and the story they are going to tell.

Back