Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 31, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 31, 2015

Replays of Aiden proposing to Hope, and Steve bringing Joe home to Kayla. Steve calls him Joe throughout the show, Kayla does refer to him as Joey. Kayla is shocked to see Steve, what is he doing here. He brought your boy back to you. Joe is mostly silent. She calls the school to let them know Joe is there, then starts railing at Joe, & at Steve, who explains he & Joe have been communicating via text & e-mails. He knows she wants to hollar at him, they tell Joe to go get something to drink, and go to her office. She is definitely not happy to see him, accuses him of going behind her back, but he says no, that Joe wanted to be in touch with him, and at first was just neutral stuff, but then he got more serious, was unhappy about being shipped off to boarding school, wanted to stay in Salem.When he showed up in NY, Steve brought him back.
Steve says he is no longer with the ISA, and is thinking of coming back to Salem. She says it is no longer his home, Joe has arrived outside the door, listens for a while, then comes in. His parents cease the conversation, Steve leaves.

Hope is quite taken aback at Aiden's proposal, totally unexpected, and just cannot give him an answer now. Marriage is very serious to her, she just never thought about that. They dance to a recording, she thanks him for the lovely evening, it was all just perfect, but she is going home, and wants to sleep in her own bed tonight. He has her take the ring, to remind her of all he said. She would not ever forget it anyway. She gets a text, has to swing by the station, so leaves, no he doesn't have to walk her. Later, we hear him on the phone, telling someone he will have all the money soon, in about a month, he is coming into a sweet windfall, will pay all he owes, and then some.

Kayla sits at the Pub with Joey, is sort of lecturing, he is not happy about it, but thinks she is right, his father is just using him to come back to Salem, wanting to reclaim his family. She won't trash his father, but tells him that both he & Stephanie know their father's M.O.

Rafe is at DiMansion questioning Chad, nicely, but does badger him. Chad admits he was very drunk, left the club after Serena did, took a walk to clear his head. Asked about his cut lip, he doesn't know, probably stumbled or something, fell. He checked in at Salem Inn, doesn't really remember anything after he left the club. He does finally tell Rafe that he kissed Serena, but both knew it was not a good idea & she left. Rafe finally leaves, telling him to call him if he remembers anything else.
And now it is Stefano's turn to come out of the shadows, asking the same questions. Chad gives the same answers, but Stefano is not satisfied. Seems Chad did not check in at the Inn until 5 a.m. so where was he, what was he doing. Chad assures his father he is not a killer like Stefano is, takes his couple of bags and leaves. Back in his room, Chad seems to ponder exactly what happened during those missing hours.

Ben & Abby are in the square, he is trashing Chad about the murder, seemingly convinced Chad did it. Abby says they already went over this, she doesn't believe Chad would, Ben thinks he would if drunk. they argue a bit, but finally Ben backs off. She wants to concentrate on them & their baby, he is sorry, won't do that any more. She talks about their wedding, and mentions Christmas, how all the family will be around, talks of the Horton ornament hanging, everyone in a good mood. Ben wants to marry in a couple of weeks, thinks 4 months is too far away. She doesn't and wants the wedding of her dreams, he finally agrees.

Steve is in the square, looking at the Horton plaque, he comments "awww Dr. H & Mrs. H. still in center of everything, running his hand over the plaque. Now he goes to see Hope at the station. She is rather cool to him, but civil. He wants a hug, she does, but barely. He tells her about bringing Joe home, Kayla not too thrilled to see him. Surprise, surprise says Hope. Steve asks about how Bo is doing, she doesn't know, hasn't seen him for over 3 years, he just up and left her, deserted her and Ciara, who is doing fine now. Bo has been gone a long time, she mentions him being in the ISA, and how she has moved on. She is working on a case, has to go.

Kayla comes into her office, finds Steve sitting in the dark. He tells her about seeing Hope, who told him about Bo, and he realizes how what he did affected her, is really sorry. Nope, you will never know how it felt, when you left your wife and son in Africa to go join up with the ISA. Kayla lets him know, in no uncertain terms, that she has made a life, raised their son, done it without him, and he is not going to just get his old life back. The past is past.
She gets a call, goes back to work, telling him to let himself out.

Thanks for the summary! Really good show! So glad the vets are finally in the middle of the storylines! Also glad that Abigail stuck to her guns. So sick of paranoid Ben acting like a child and pressuring her all the time. It's also great to see Rafe back on the force.

Something else I want to address. There's speculation that Paige might get killed. And since Ben keeps trying to pin it on Chad, makes me think he's the killer (or at least, one of them). Perhaps he kills Paige--let's not forget he has this big secret, and Paige did see him before in Miami when he was there.

I am liking the story so far with Kayla/Patch. It looks like it will be a slow burn/buildup. She has every right to give him the cold shoulder after how he left her and their family. As a fan of the pairing I'd like to see them eventually work their way back to each other but it needs to be slow. You just don't give back your trust like that. I love too that they brought up the whole Brady/Johnson name thing. So now we know why Kayla changed back to Brady. Makes sense to me. Hope was awfully icy to Steve too. I'm so glad the new writers are taking the time to work their way out of the messes left by the old writers (at least with the important stuff like John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope, etc.) while quickly erasing other things (like reinstating Rafe on the force and getting rid of Serena and Xander).

I found myself FF'ing the Ben/Abby scenes. I'm just so disinterested in them acting all couple-y. LOL.

Wow what a difference a couple weeks make!! Great to see Kayla, Steve and Joey on for the ENTIRE show. I think they are on contract as of this week. Steve's backstory was obviously newly created but thus far it's also not suspending reality. So, I'll take it.

I think at this point Hope has every right to be angry with Bo. I enjoyed her scenes with both Aiden and Steve. I'm thinking that whatever is Aiden is involved with is against his will--he seems pretty desperate for money. I would say it's a gambling debt except for the fact that he mentioned last week his one job was Hope.

Loved seeing Steve in HTS. Too bad he didn't bump into Abigail and Ben. I'd be curious to hear his take on Ben.

The show is very creative with not showing Stefano walking. It is nice that he is involved with this Chad storyline though.

Will tomorrow be a new day in Salem?

Something else I want to address. There's speculation that Paige might get killed. And since Ben keeps trying to pin it on Chad, makes me think he's the killer (or at least, one of them). Perhaps he kills Paige--let's not forget he has this big secret, and Paige did see him before in Miami when he was there.
I don't think Paige gets killed....maybe Kyle

I thought it was a good episode but even though I liked the scene; I think Steve missed an opportunity to break the ice with Hope. Here 's how I would have handled the scene:

Steve enters Hope's office the conversation is awkward and stunted as we saw.

Steve gets up to leave then turns back to Hope: Remember that time in Miami when I kidnapped you, tied you to a chair in a hotel room and put a pan of water above your head?

Hope (nods chuckling): But you said the water was hydrochloric acid and if I tried to get out of the chair the pan would pour onto my face and I would be permanently disfigured.

Steve grins and nods, the two look at each silently for a moment overcome with the memory then break into simultaneous uproarious laughter and hug each other enthusiastically. Just think of the memories these two have!! :)

Aiden had me at Hello with his proposal to Hope and then his phone call at the end? :love::love::love:

I mean who says romance is dead?

Seriously, as much as I like a lot of what the new writing regime has done thus far this development is not one of them. I'm still hoping that things aren't what they seem with the counselor and there is some kind of swerve up ahead.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good episode but I think Steve missed an opportunity to break the ice with Hope. Here 's how I would have handled the scene:

Steve enters Hope's office the conversation is awkward and stunted as we saw.

Steve gets up to leave then turns back to Hope: Remember that time in New Orleans when I kidnapped you, tied you to a chair in a hotel room and put a pan of water above your head?

Hope (nods chuckling): But you said the water was hydrochloric acid and if that I tried to get out of the chair the pan would pour onto my face and I would be permanently disfigured.

Steve grins and nods, the two look at each silently for moment overcome with the memory then break into simultaneous uproarious laughter and hug each other enthusiastically. Just think of the memories these two have!! :)

I LIKE the way you wrote this scene a whole lot better! :clap:

How did Dena Higley and Co. miss those details on their merry quest to relive the "glory DAYS"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought the scene went very well. Both Hope & Kayla had their husbands leave them so they could go off on adventures with the ISA. Both women were left to raise a child alone, and both are divorced. So Hope could sympathize very well with how Kayla reacted, she herself only reacted just a tiny bit better. Why would she possibly be laughing over something they shared so long ago right now? (heck, they just MAY do a bit of reminiscing & laughing later on, but not right now. )
Hope & Kayla are good friends, each knows exactly how the other feels over what happened with their husbands.

Very good scenes with Steve and Kayla. She's obviously going to make him work for a reconciliation, which she should. As for Joey and Kayla, it was reminiscent of Jenny and JJ after he first returned. Over at the DiMansion, Stefano was being his usual self. Once he heard that his only surviving child was in trouble with the law, he should have forgotten all about Nanny Bridget's version of Green Acres and rallied to Chad's support. When Steve asked Hope about Ciara, she should have mentioned that her daughter had the best backpack in town. Finally, the discovery of the bloodstained Club TBD cocktail napkin strengthens the case against creepy Clyde. He could easily have seen Chad drop it at the Club, strangled poor Bluebird, and then left it at the murder scene.

Last edited:
I enjoyed today. I expect Kayla to be cold with Steve but I appreciated a lot that she wouldn't say anything negative to Joey about him. I think it's also fitting for Hope to be distant too. Give it time and things will improve. It'd be unnatural and forced if everyone was happy right away.

Abby's yogurt sounded disgusting. Shouldn't she still be having morning sickness? Or at least feeling queasy? It's a bit early to be having weird cravings... Unless she's Bella Swan and its some kind of freakishly fast growing fetus?

I enjoyed Steve and Kayla. I was surprised when Steve said he
was staying in Salem. Steve calls Joey, Joe.

Nice scene when Steve touched the plaque and said to Mrs H and Dr H.

I guess Rafe searched the area where Serena died because of the
cut Chad had. They should have found it the first time.

Is Aiden a gambler or did he get a loan from a loan shark?

LOVED the Patch/Kayla scenes. I hate what the last writers did, but I appreciate that the NEW writers are taking the time to rebuild them to allow newer viewers to accept them. I like the touch that Steve calls their son "Joe."

Don't love the direction Aiden's going but we'll see what develops.

I'm really hoping that either A) Chad did kill Serena; or, B) he starts telling the truth. Because watching the same old cop-in-cop-out routine ain't cutting it for me.

I also have been enjoying the music that's playing in the background.

And here we go again with Ben going to an extreme, now Chad is sympathetic. :rolleyes: Yawn. Kill everyone involved in the story except Martin and let's move on.

Back