Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 31, 2015

I loved seeing a full episode with Steve and Kayla today. I was not surprised with the cold shoulder treatment Steve received from both Kayla and Hope, but it is true that Steve and Bo's characters were trashed by the last writing regime. I love the way the new writers are taking their time to build up the trust with first Steve and hopefully Bo later.

Steve gets up to leave then turns back to Hope: Remember that time in New Orleans when I kidnapped you, tied you to a chair in a hotel room and put a pan of water above your head?

That happened in Miami :).

Steve also called his son Joey today. Kayla has always referred to him as Joey as has the rest of the family.

He was named after Jo Johnson but has always been called Joey up until today.

Joey reminds me of Matt Damon.
I hope Della (Elena Lyons) follows Steve (did someone call him "Stefan," today?) to Salem. :love:
No more than one "sweetness" a day, please. :sick:

Is his full name Joseph or just Joe?

And isn't it a bit weird that both Adrienne and Steve have kids named Joe(seph)?
His full name is Joseph. As others have said, he's named after his grandmother, Jo.

Not only did Adrienne and Steve name their sons after Jo, but Abby's middle name is Johanna.

A middle name bugs me less, but having two characters named Joseph means they are unlikely to ever have both of them on unless Joseph Kiriakis goes by something else... does he have a middle name?

No, Justin and Adrienne's twins (Victor II and Joseph) didn't have middle names.

Look at Sonny; his real name is Jackson, after his Uncle Jack. But his nickname is Sonny.

If they ever wanted to have Joseph Kiriakis and Joey Johnson both in Salem, they could have Joseph going by a nickname.

A middle name bugs me less, but having two characters named Joseph means they are unlikely to ever have both of them on unless Joseph Kiriakis goes by something else... does he have a middle name?

Not really. Both Sonny (Jackson) and JJ (Jack Patrick) are named after Jack and they've been on together for a few years now. I'm sure that wouldn't stop the show from having Jack on air too.

Plus we've had John and Johnny on together too.

Very good scenes with Steve and Kayla. She's obviously going to make him work for a reconciliation, which she should. .
I LOVE that. She made the 2006- 2007 reunion too easy for him. I am loving the writing for Kayla this go around and I see Africa is again used as a place that yet another couple parted ways. First it was Jack and Jennifer and now Steve and Kayla. I would have liked to get a Jack mention when Steve was talking about family but oh well.

Loved the Hope and Steve scenes too, and I thought that while Steve was in Horton Town Square that he would bump into Abigail, but I guess not. Instead we were subjected to scenes with her and Ben, though I like that she maintains that Chad is innocent. Really liked the Chad/Rafe/Stefano scenes but wish Chad didn't lie to Rafe about how things got with Serena. This is sure going to come back to bite him. Also when Steve says "sweetness":love:

As always, lately, I have paid very little attention to the Ben/Abby scenes. I am just not interested in seeing them interact as a couple and Abby trying to convince herself she is happy. I am glad that Abby told him to stop using Serena's death as an excuse to trash Chad. Ben is not the most objective person where he is concerned. I don't care what Ben's problems are with Chad, he didn't kill Serena.

Last edited:
I loved seeing a full episode with Steve and Kayla today. I was not surprised with the cold shoulder treatment Steve received from both Kayla and Hope, but it is true that Steve and Bo's characters were trashed by the last writing regime. I love the way the new writers are taking their time to build up the trust with first Steve and hopefully Bo later.

Bo has a far steeper hill to climb than Steve does. As far as I'm concerned anyway. I'm not buying the whitewashing garbage the show is trying to shove down my throat.

Bo lost my trust eons before he went off on another idiotic "adventure" to single-handedly save the world from the DiMeras, or whoever.

Maybe it's just me then. My daughter is named Emma after my grandmother, if my sister also named her daughter Emma I'd think it very odd.

I have 2 cousins who are brothers very close in age. Both have their father's first name.

I thought I answered this already but having 2 Joeys is no different than having Jack, JJ (Jack Patrick) and Jackson (Sonny). If Adrienne's Joey were to return, one of them would no doubt go by a nickname or middle name.

Back