Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 4, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 4, 2014

More sturm & drang, Salem style. Who to visit first. Daniel has his hands over Kristen's gagged mouth, warning her to stay quiet, as one of her hired thugs pulls his gun outside the supply room door. The thug enters, looks around, his fellow goon asks "all clear"? Yep. The thug leaves, and Daniel quietly opens the door to the BACK supply room, where he has Kristen stashed. He comes back, she wiggles, grunts, shakes her head, and Daniel finally takes off the gag, wondering how she got crazier than she was before. Yada, yada, she KNOWS she can help Brady, if she can only see him for a minute. Daniel scoffs at that, but she knows him better than anyone, family, friends, blah, blah. Daniel, tho intends to get her back to Salem, and to jail, but she claims she "doesn't do jail". She thinks that all Nicole did to Eric, destroying the evidence, was worse than her. Daniel is taking her back to Salem.

In Salem, Theresa is at the Kmansion, (lhaving 2 or 3 flashbacks to hitting John with the poker) staring at the fireplace set. Brady comes in, she has brought annulment papers, got the forms on line, they don't have to go back to Vegas. He talks of her lying to the cops, she looks scared, but he thinks she lied about him hitting his father in self defense. She protests, tells him to stop thinking it wasn't, more yada yada. Can they still be friends? As gently as possible, Brady tells her no, they can't be. He likes her, she is a great person, but being around her is a reminder of all that he did, ending in hurting his father. Theresa sadly leaves, as Brady brings up a pic on John on his phone, telling his dad to come back to them all.

Repeat of Sami informing Jordan that Kate has been sleeping with Rafe. Jordan doesn't believe her, Abby scolds Sami for trying to make trouble for others, tells her to pick on her, leave Jordan alone. Oh, but Sami heard Kate & Rafe discussing it, knows how Jordan feels, yammers on about the person who cheats, looking pointedly at Abby. Jordan takes off, Abby tells Sami that to pick on her is fine, but why pick on Jordan. Sami is so flippant today, (is texting Kate) and figures she has a right.

Kate argues with Rafe about him telling Jordan about their one night stand. He is determined, it bothers him, keeping quiet is what EJ did to Sami, and he is nothing like that slime ball. She gets the text from Sami..."Jordan knows everything, you're welcome". She smirks, says she is going upstairs to see Allie, doesn't want Jordan to see them talking. When Jordan arrives, Kate us eavesdropping, as Jordan asks Rafe point blank if he slept with Kate. He admits it, wants to explain, but she wants no details. So out Kate comes, supposedly "helping", as she babbles about it being all her fault, he was drunk, etc. Both Rafe & Jordan are trying to tell her to shut up and go away, Kate ignores them, until Jordan jumps up and leaves, with Rafe following. Kate gives herself a satisfied smirk, figures it went well, sends Sami a text telling her that her timing was perfect.

Rafe catches up to Jordan, who really doesn't want to listen to anything he has to say. She asks if he WAS drunk, yes he was, that is all, she wants to hear nothing more. And if he cares about her, he will leave her alone. She stalks off.

JJ is at the club, talking to Ben, who decides to tell him all about being Jordan's brother, and evidently tells him everything that happened back home (too bad he did not tell US, the viewers!), mentioning that he was underage when Jordan took him, and across state lines. JJ corrects him, she rescued Ben. Abby arrives, JJ tells her that Ben told him everything, she is surprised, but says she turned in letter of resignation, it is all over now. JJ is surprised, yep, that is not what Ben told him, so Abby now tells him all, is going to fill mom in later on details, as she only knows basics. Abby is really trying to reach Jordan who doesn't answer her phone. JJ leaves, Ben comes over, she is job hunting on the internet. He notes maybe Sonny could use some help at the club, but he will tell him she can't work same shift as him, he would be too distracted. They share a couple kisses, she is laughing, would be distracted, too.
Finally, she tells him about their run in with Sami, she doesn't know where Jordan is, but is worried about her. Ben is going to call her, and leaves.

JJ is looking for his mom at the hospital, but Jen has left. (you mean she actually was at work??LOL). He spots Sami, and they exchange unpleasantries. She wonders if his sister sent him to fight her battles. Nope, she can do that herself, he was looking for his mom. He thinks Sami is hurting others, she claims not. He asks about Will, who loves his cousin, but Sami thinks Will would be concerned for his mother more than his cousin. JJ warns Sami to lay off his sister or she will be sorry. Sami says Abby deserves every bit of what Sami has done to her, and also what she is still going to do.

On the plane to Rome, Eric is having this fantasy of Nicole sitting next to him, wants the menu to order a drink. Back to reality, as he realizes his seatmate is a young girl, who is chatting, but when she says her name is Kristen, Eric withdraws. She gets up to go get something, and real Nicole sits down. (She has her cut short again). Seems her flight got cancelled she had to get on the flight (the bishop was making sure they were not on same plane) or not be in Rome in time to testify. Eric is not happy about this, she says she trades seats with the other gal, he wants her to trade back. She wants to know what the heck is the matter, she is doing everything she can to help him return to being a priest, but he cannot even be civil. What is wrong with him? Eric turns, looks out the window, muttering to himself.....yes, WHAT is wrong with me?

Sami was really in top form today. Wondering if Grampa Horton were here, how proud would he be of dear Abby. She even told JJ that he got off so lightly for dealing drugs, and destroying a store window, just a bit of cleaning up trash.

I know JJ wasn't around for all of Sami's shenanigans, but when one talks of "getting off lightly" Sami did not seem to get anywhere near what she is dishing out. And gee, she is not done with Abby yet. amazing.

(as an aside, this was supposed to be a "Friday cliffhanger" episode orignally, and if so, failed miserably. LOL

Kristen thinks that she can help Brady?? As the old saying goes, Kristen, you know an awful lot that isn't so. Also badly off base is, who else, Sami, who is blithely cruising through Salem making enemies that she doesn't need. And she'd better not laugh off JJ's threats. This young man is tougher than he looks, having once extricated himself from an impossible situation orchestrated by brat girl Theresa. It would be ironic if the mighty Samantha Gene, like Theresa, was outfoxed by the unstoppable team of JJ and Salem's leading stoner/slacker, Rory. Finally, it was truly remarkable to learn that somebody in Salem knows something about matrimonial law and correctly told Theresa that she and Brady can get their annulment in Salem. If she'd consulted with the famous lost-cat lawyer, Carrie "Princess Hag" Reed, Jeannie Theresa and Brady would be pointlessly winging back to Las Vegas.

There wasn't much on today to comment on.

I couldn't believe the big linen closet had another
room and the goon couldn't see the door.

I laughed when the woman next to Eric said her name
was Kristen. God's humor at it's best :)

I thought it was interesting Ben told JJ everything
about what happened about Jordan and himself
and Rafe still doesn't know anything

I don't have much because I tuned out most of it and/or didn't really care.:confused:

Sami and Kate need to take an indefinite leave of absence from Salem. Interesting that EJ has not had much airtime since the affair reveal.

I am still interested in Eric and Nicole however, I don't think this is the week that will resolve their future. I feel like this will go on for a bit longer but I'm liking the fact that Eric has to struggle with his feelings for Nicole right now.

I couldn't believe the big linen closet had another
room and the goon couldn't see the door.
Kristen's thug was apparently unaware that there are often two entrances for many locations on Days. The main door to the DiMansion living room is locked? Just enter through the glass doors next to the garden. When Nathan and Stephanie had to give Chloe the magic elixir that would save her life, they just bypassed the main door to her room and used the unguarded side door. When Willow Stark wanted to bunk in Tricky Nicky's Horton house room, she just climbed a tree and climbed into the conveniently open window. About the only locations that have only one way in and out are the cells in Roman's jail, but that hardly matters because so few people are arrested and most of those who do get locked up are soon released.

The more I see of Kristen's thugs, the more tempted I am to create a poll about which of her lackeys is stupidest :rolleyes:

I liked JJ's scenes with Sami. Sami thinks she's in the "kiddie pool" but she has no idea what happened when Theresa messed with JJ. I also like that Sami is outdoing Nicole in the Salem Town Pariah competition at the moment because MAYBE that will get people's heads straight about Nicole, at least for the moment. I also thought Kristen's dig at Nicole might wake Daniel up as to how ridiculous he is being in his after-the-fact refusal to forgive Nicole.

I thought it was interesting that Rafe admitting he was drunk when he was with Kate seemed to make Jordan more upset. I wonder if Clyde has used being drunk as an excuse for abusing her in the past.

Yesterday's show only had one bright spot: Sami. I can't stand her, but her scenes with Abby, JJ, and Jordan, and the resulting fallout from the Rafe cheating reveal, made it worthy to watch for me. Sami had some funny lines, too. But she'd better not underestimate JJ or Abby.

The rest of the show was a snoozefest for me.

Back