Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 7, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 7, 2017

Oh, my Gosh.......Hearts broken, hearts mended, and the truth comes out everywhere.

Paul is with Sonny, telling him that they feel Uncle Victor hired Xander to kill Deimos, Brady is questioning him as we speak. Sonny cannot believe Uncle Vic would do that, or let him take the wrap. Meanwhile, Brady is questioning Victor, to finally admits that yes, he hired Xander to kill Deimos, wanting a family person to do the deed, since Deimos had wronged the family in so many ways. However, Xander did not do it! He came to the house, wanting to renegotiate, more money, a titled job at Titan. Victor refused, Xander attempted to get away, his men got him, kept him overnight at Salem Inn, and he was flown back to Greece & prison in the morning. Victor, however, thinks Sonny just may have done it after all, but is finding someone else now, on which to pin the murder.
Back at the jail, Sonny makes Paul promise to come see him first if it turns out Uncle Vic did hire Xander. Paul is reluctant, but does promise, they exchange I love you and a kiss.

Replay of Abby waking up, Chad greeting her. She asked what happened, he quietly explains, talks of how she saved his life, knows she knows about the picture of him, knows the marriage to Dario was fake. She did it for him, he knows that. He goes thru it all, how grateful he is, how sorry for everything. (Good scenes)

Gabi is in waiting area, JJ joins her, Abby is still out, Chad with her. She knows that, they talk about the accident, Jen arrives, then Dr. Shah shows up, peeked into Abby's room, she is awake. Jen & JJ rush there, Chad leaves for a while so the family can be together. He finds Gabi, they go to the park to talk. Gabi does a good job of telling how she feels, how she knows how Chad feels about Abby, saw them together, gets it all. She never really had Chad, his heart really was always with Abby. She is breaking it off, going to move on with her life, and wants Chad to be happy in his. She tells him to go back to see Abby now, she needs him.

He leaves, Gabi sits, shedding a few tears, JJ arrives, can see she is upset, what happened. She says she told Chad goodbye, broke it off. She is breaking down, goes into JJ's arms.

Replay of Steve walking in on Tripp & Kayla, Steve tries to calm Tripp down, but he is bent on vengence. He knows Kayla killed his mother, wants her to confess. Steve tries to make him believe he did it, nope, Tripp is tired of the lies. Kayla finally confesses, upsetting Steve. (These are good, emotional scenes). He tries to tell Kayla no, but she is insistent. Meanwhile, Joey has talked to Jade, learns she told Tripp that it was Kayla, so rushes over to the hospital. He comes in, sees Tripp holding his mom, and starts to tell Tripp the truth. Both Kayla & Steve try to stop him, they are really all going on at once, in turmoil, as Joey will not be stopped. Kayla is begging Joey to stop, as is Steve, Tripp's facial expressions keep changing, he is holding the scalpel, refusing to believe, but Joey is very earnest, telling him to kill him, not kayla.

Finally, Tripp pushes Kayla away, she falls, and has the scalpel up to Joey's neck. Steve gets Kayla up, then makes a strong, heartfelt plea to Tripp. He is sorry, knows Tripp had a hard life, remind him much of himself at Tripp's age. He reminds him that they are his family, they love him as such, welcomed him in, made him a part of them all, him, Kayla, Joey, Stephanie, they are all his family. Does he want to destroy that family now. Tripp is shaking, different emotions crossing his face, until he puts the scalpel down, withdrawing his hand from Joey's neck. Kayla & Steve grab Joey is big hug. Then Steve turns to Tripp, is down in front of him, as Tripp breaks down, his arms go around Steve, whose own arms wrap around Tripp.

JJ has talked a bit with Abby, who is sorry she did not tell him what was going on, he makes her promise to come to her brother in the future. He leaves, Jen returns, sits with her daughter for a while, telling her how she & Eric went to the chapel, prayed so hard, wanted a miracle, and you know what....God gave them one. Chad returns. Jen leaves.

Chad is near to breaking down himself, as he talks. He forgot something, to tell her thank you for saving him, for everything she did for him. He talks of how he should have fought for her when she came back, and he did not. How he has wanted her from the moment he met her, how she is always in his heart, always, how there is not a second he is not thinking of her. He earnestly tells her he LOVES HER, he always has. She says weakly, she loves him, too. Chad leans over, gives her a big hug, holds her face, and kisses her forehead, not once, but a few times.

Today was such a good episode! I was actually close to tears a couple of times. The whole Tripp thing and Steve pleading with him. And JJ with Gabi after she said goodbye to Chad. I think Abby's accident might help me get on board with Abby/Chad. I've never been a fan but . . . .

And Xander didn't kill Deimos. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the summary. A good episode. So glad the Joey thing is resolved. I just hope he doesn't go to jail. Not sure Tripp can be trusted. What will happen now?

I feel so sad for Gabi, yet proud of her decision. I hope she can start moving on with her life. Maybe she and Arianna should take a trip out of town for a bit. I'm glad JJ was there to comfort her. And the Chad and Abby scenes were nice. I wonder what'll happen now with them.

I'm surprised Xander is not behind Deimos' death. If not him, who? Could it really be Chad or Sonny?

I thought the cast did an outstanding job today. The Johnson family scenes were so well done, just fabulous! Chad with Abby, with Gabi, and back with Abby, just so heartfelt. Jen hugged Chad, which was so great.

I know I left out the flashback with Xander, when Vic was telling Brady what happened. But, guess my jaw was still dropping from the news that Xander did not kill Deimos, and Vic still intends to pin it on some innocent person.

If I were Abby, I'd demand a new mattress and bed linens.

I would change to a different bedroom and all new furniture in it. Surely they have options in what is supposed to be a mansion and money to go with it.

Thanks for a great summary, Poirot! I can't wait to watch later.

I also liked that Victor was drinking warm milk in the flashback, that and the fact he was in pajamas with his monogrammed bathrobe. The "old man" imagery mixed with the sinister nature of his conversation with Xander definitely added another layer to the proceedings.

Gabi got me again. :cry: Like I said on Friday, I realize this all could have been avoided but I was proud o her for facing the truth and walking away. I know she should have done it before now as they say better late then never, right?

FINALLY Tripp knows the real story behind Ava's death and at last we can move on. The question now is will the truth really set Joey free or will it get him 10-to-20 in Statesville? I guess time will tell.

Confession is good for the soul?: It didn't seem this way in Salem today. Joey appeared to be in total misery as the ugly truth came out. And over at the K-mansion, Victor did fess up to Brady about hiring Xander to eliminate Deimos, but immediately shifted to discussing another nefarious deed, his dastardly plan to frame some hapless dupe for the Deimos murder. Apparently it takes more than warm milk to soothe the savage beast. Maybe, it's the home-baked cookies that do it.

The walls have ears: This is the usually the case in Salem, where no conversation isn't overheard, but somehow today nobody in the hospital heard all the noise from the Johnson family meltdown. Where was hospital security and the intrepid Detective JJ Deveraux?

People can and will confess to anything: Didn't it occur to Little Trippy that with a scalpel held to her neck, Kayla might confess to any murder he named, including the killings of Nick Fallon, EJ, Faye Walker, Ford Decker, Paige, Serena, and Deimos.

How quickly they forget: All during the Abigail health crisis, not one person said, "If only Daniel were here." For shame.

The question now is will the truth really set Joey free or will it get him 10-to-20 in Statesville? I guess time will tell.
Unless some corroborating evidence still exists (DNA, fingerprints, eyewitness statements, etc) for his confession, Joey can't be charged. Like sourpuss Eric, he can now go off somewhere to work on his guilt feelings,

I liked the episode. And the actors all did great. Kudos !

I do have to ignore the fact, though, that with all the yelling going on with the Johnson family, nobody showed up! Pretty unbelievable if you ask me.

Oh, well... We can't have it all. So I'll take it.

Gabi did do a terrific job, as she talked to Chad. Not only had she realized and accepted the fact she will never have Chad's heart the way Abby does, she also realized that she, herself, needed to walk away and not prolong the inevitable.

Joey's guilt was finally able to come out, despite his parents' despair at him doing so. They tried to protect him, to no avail. He accepted and admitted what he had done.

Poor Steve, trying desperately to save his wife, their son, and then his son Tripp.

No one wants to hear that a parent or sibling did some dastardly deed, but Tripp just had this fantasy in his mind of this saintly mother who could not have done all the things he read and heard, but really did not accept. Am glad he backed off, hope this fracture within the Johnson family can be healed.

However, Xander did not do it! He came to the house, wanting to renegotiate, more money, a titled job at Titan. Victor refused, Xander attempted to get away, his men got him, kept him overnight at Salem Inn, and he was flown back to Greece & prison in the morning.
Well score 217 points for the writers. I did not see this coming.
She never really had Chad, his heart really was always with Abby.
Score another 1426 points!
Like I said on Friday, I realize this all could have been avoided but I was proud o her for facing the truth and walking away.
Me too, I felt for her and I'm starting to root for her again.
How quickly they forget: All during the Abigail health crisis, not one person said, "If only Daniel were here." For shame.
For glory more like it! Let's give Ron C (head writer) another 7218 points for this feat! With Higley still in charge, I'm sure Ghost Daniel would not only have saved Abigail, but Kayla and Sonny as well.
Unless some corroborating evidence still exists (DNA, fingerprints, eyewitness statements, etc) for his confession, Joey can't be charged.
Oh, if only that were the case in Salemland's court system of plot convenience and contrivance! Frankly I think a medal is in order for the Ava killer.

The walls have ears: This is the usually the case in Salem, where no conversation isn't overheard, but somehow today nobody in the hospital heard all the noise from the Johnson family meltdown. Where was hospital security and the intrepid Detective JJ Deveraux?

Yes! And a door was half-opened, though it may have been the one to the loo. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had a hunch regarding Victor/Xander's cancelled conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, but failed to post same. So, once again, there will be no new feather for my coup stick! :sad:

My current murder suspect is Abigail; it all fits. She and Chad heard/saw Deimos running down the hallway past their impromptu wedding-vow chapel. Chad pursued him, and if memory serves, Abby followed. Chad would have wiped prints off the knife to protect himself, or Abby. :eek:

Back