Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 1, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, December 1, 2014

Have to confess there are a few scenes today, I would rather not have had to watch, but...to each, their own. At the DiMera house, Chad & Jordan are kissing away, but he stops to ask if she perhaps still has any feelings for Rafe. She claims that is over, she is positive about that. More kissing (can someone tell Chad he needs a shirt perhaps a half size or size larger? The buttons are about to pop off on this one!). The couple move to the sofa, are getting more into it, but Daddy dearest calls. Chad intends to turn his phone off, until he sees who it is. Jordan makes a quick exit, and Chad takes the call. Seems Stefano is concerned about Kate, knows she is seeing Clyde, and also that his son is seeing Abigail, while Chad himself is seeing Jordan. Chad assures his dad, he is on top of it all. Stefano says Clyde is a smart man wearing hick clothes, but Chad figures he has it all covered. Stefano wants to be sure Jordan doesn't know Chad is using her. Not to worry Chad has it all in check.

Marlena calls Will, who is busy at his typewriter, concerned he has not been keeping to his responsibilities back in Salem. Will pleads "busy", but Marlena tells him to make time. She comments about Gabi, how he promised to update with pics. Will murmurs his dad promised to give her some. Marlena emphasizes that HE, Will, promised. He agrees he will do so right now.

At the Club, Adrienne comes in looking for Sonny, Tad says he is gone, and no, he has not heard from Will. Lucas arrives, the two have a very nice conversation about their sons, and Will neglecting Sonny & home. Lucas agrees to call, he does so, Will ignores the phone, as he is e-mailing the pics for the past 2 weeks to Gabi. But Lucas doesn't leave a message, keeps calling, so Will finally picks up. Lucas nicely reminds him it has been 3 days since he last touched base with Sonny, his husband. Will again pleads how busy, Lucas knows that, remarks how Will could not even meet up with him & Allie somewhere when Lucas was out there. Will promises to call Sonny.

Replay of Sonny putting things away in the supply room, Paul coming in, locking the door, and kissing Sonny, who pulls away asking "what are you doing?". Paul tells of his surgery. Sonny figures it was the bad shoulder.
Meanwhile Theresa is parked in Paul's room, waiting for him, Anne arrives, gives her a funny, but hard time. Theresa claims Paul must be out looking for her, they have a "connection". The two leave to go looking, and why they even think of looking in a supply room is beyond me, but they do, finding the door locked. They knock, pound, Anne remembers she has a master key. Paul is in a panic, hides in a closet. Sonny quickly pulls out the ear buds, pretending he is listening to music. The gals come in, Sonny plays innocent over the locked door, saying arms full, he kicked the door shut. The girls leave to check out the PT room, Sonny tells Paul he can come out of the closet now. As Paul emerges, Sonny cracks "oh, that's right, you are never coming out of the closet, are you"? Then remarks about Theresa now being his "very good friend".
Paul leaves to go to his room, tells Sonny to come see him there, where they can have more privacy. Paul is closing the door, as Sonny is starting to say he has something he ought to know.

Replay of Melanie bursting in on Ben, his towel dropping, but Abby shows up right then. Melanie babbles as usual, hugs between the girls, Ben has grabbed his towel, and scampered off to get dressed. Melanie babbles continually, talks of surprising everyone, or wanting to, before word gets around. Ben comes out, but quickly leaves so the girls can catch up. The friends then have tea, talk of Chad, Gabi, Nick, and finally Melanie is off to surprise a few more people.

Ben arrives at the club, learns it was Tad who sent Melanie with the phone, tells how embarassing it was. Chad comes in, hears part of it, and then Tad teasing about Melanie finding Ben in :"the Full Monty". LOL. Chad leaves, Jordan arrives, wants to talk to Ben. they go off, Sonny has come in, Tad thought he was going to the south side club. Yep, Sonny will leave in a minute. Tad tells him he just missed his mother & Lucas. Sonny has a flashback of him & Paul, naked in a bed, and kissing. He comments aloud that was a lifetime ago. Melanie comes in, surprises Sonny, hugs, quick hellos and she has to be on her way to surprise others.

Paul returns to his room, Theresa comes in, Paul claims he had been looking for her, Theresa does her purring, even manages to kiss Paul, who is not all that thrilled about it. He claims his manager is after him, has his phone in hand. She says she will wait, he says it will take hours. She says o.k. , another kiss, and she leaves. Paul breathes a sigh of relief.

Later, Sonny is in the square, gets a call from Will, who wants to know if Sonny has taken out a Facebook page denoting how many days since he last heard from Will. Sonny has no idea, Will rants about both his grandmother and his father calling him because he had not touched base in 3 days. Sonny says people ask him questions, he answers, and has no info. That is all. Will rants on how he is very busy, the studio is calling him every hour to see if he is finished with whatever pages he is working on. And there goes his phone, it is them, he has to go, talk later. Hangs up.

Ben meets up with Jordan in the park (amazing no snow, no cold, and leaves still on everything). She tells him how it was Kate who found Clyde to tell him where they were, and thus brought him to Salem, and now, they are seeing each other. Ben defends Clyde, Jordan is angry, talking of Clyde giving Ben money, buying him. Ben denies this, says at least he & Jordan don't have to be on the run anymore, mentions Clyde is seeing Marlena. Jordan doesn't believe that, but Ben saw the card. Oh, sure, bet he just happened to let it drop so you could see it. She is furious and runs off, cussing at Clyde.

And over in Clyde's hotel room, he wonders why Kate is there, thought they had already straightened everything out between them. She claims she just wants it understood where they stand. Well, a bit of southern charm, and bingo, they are kissing, clothes are coming off, and yep, they are in bed, doing the horizontal mambo. A bit of pillow talk, and they go in for round 2. Both are very happy, smiling, and very satisfied.

Out in the hall, Jordan rushes up, pounding on the door, yelling for Clyde to open up, she wants to talk to him, yada, yada. More pounding and yelling. The door opens...there stands a smirking Kate, white bathrobe sort of draped off her shoulders.

I too noticed how tight Chad's shirt was today and I also noticed Marlena kept switching her phone from one ear to the other while talking to Will. I can tell Hollywood has not changed Will if not for the worse. He was short with his grandmother as well as with Lucas, but more so with his husband Sonny. Will he ever be redeemed?

Ooops.....forgot. Melanie sits on a bench in the park, opens her bag with all that money in it. And somewhere, a male sits in a darkened room, looking at pics of Melanie. He gets a text...Have you found her yet?

I see Clyde's apartment is a mixture of Marlena's townhouse living room and those glass shelves that were in Kristen's room at the Salem Inn (the first time she came back to town); the same shelves that were in the "auction room" where Aiden and Hope danced (at the gala).

Their picture book showed so much set material, but it does seem they use the same things over and over and over again. The walls that have a window or door just change places at times. I wonder if they sold all the stuff that is in their book???

I see Clyde's apartment is a mixture of Marlena's townhouse living room and those glass shelves that were in Kristen's room at the Salem Inn (the first time she came back to town); the same shelves that were in the "auction room" where Aiden and Hope danced (at the gala).

Yes, and I was really surprised to see Clyde stole my bedspread. The exact same one I have on my bed. Imagine that!

I "watched" this while putting ornaments on the tree. If I had been sitting in my chair I might have dozed off. Jordan getting her panties in a twist, perhaps a year or two ago it might have interested me, but now, not so much, sorry. Will, what a sorry excuse for an adult; like Sonny doesn't have work related stresses. Stupid story line for Will. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It was nice to see Will today even though he was "so busy" to talk to anyone.
He wasn't wearing a vest or sweater. Will he when he goes back to Salem?

Not surprised they did a "coming out of the closet" joke. It's been
done a couple of times on Days now.

Poor Tammy Sue she had to show up and see Kate in a robe.

JS, I wondered about Adrienne and Lucas too. I hope they don't
go down that road.

I enjoyed Abby and her zingers to Theresa and Anne. She talked about
how Anne kept adopting cats.

Thanks for the summary.
I actually like Clyde and Kate together, so their lovemaking wasn't an issue for me. But the Jordan stuff--snoozefest. And I sense that Chad using Jordan will come out, but predictably, he will probably end up really falling for her, and then she'll just leave or something.

Melanie was good today, and it was nice to see Lucas, Adrienne, and T. I wonder if Lucas and Adrienne will hook up, but I don't think I'd mind either. Stefano was great too--his description of Clyde was funny!! But why is Stefano so concerned with someone as boring and irrelevant as Jordan? LOL

I'll admit that the Paul stuff is intriguing and Will is being a total jerk, but I'd rather Will and Sonny stay together than to see another divorce.

Count me in as someone thinking that Lucas and Adrienne are going to hook up, most likely just in time for Justin to magically return from his latest business trip.

I also initially thought that Ben and Melanie may already know one another but then again maybe not. And did anyone else notice that Ben's apartment was much brighter than it was on Wednesday? I also never realized Melanie was so much taller than Abigail. And Abigail was wearing that hideous skirt/blouse combo before the romp with Ben and now is in a dress? Does she keep spare clothes at his place now too? :rolleyes:

I still can't tell who Chad is lying to.

I actually think Jordan is going to end up dead by accident. She is starting to border on obsessiveness about Clyde even though he is a villain and she has a right to be upset. But she is also not dealing with it appropriately (i.e. therapy). And she has already pulled a gun once. I have a bad feeling about her.

No words for how disgusting Kate is.

Welcome back Stefano. Now I need you back in Salem too.

I liked this episode but like Poirot there are things I rather would not have seen like Clyde and Kate doing the deed. In the name of all that's good and right will someone PLEASE think of the children?!

I mean no offense to Lauren Koslow (Kate) and James Read (Clyde) of course I actually like their dynamic together he is just such a sleezeball.

My theory about Paul being an enthusiastic coffee lover being the reason why he laid one on Sonny turned out to be a bust. I really thought I had hit the nail on the head with that one. Darn it.

When Poirot wrote Stefano knew about Clyde I initially groaned because Stefano the All-Knowing irritates me so I was glad to hear him say he had people digging for dirt on Clyde but hadn't really found anything yet. That makes him more grounded then him simply knowing things.

I also realized that Sami may have inadvertently found the way to thwart Stefano. He apparently still doesn't know that Sami and the kids are in L.A. and she made NO SECRET of that fact. So I guess the lesson is when you try to keep secrets from the Phoenix he'll get ya, but if you make all your moves public knowledge he'll be totally stumped.

Chad *sigh* I just don't know what to do with him. I WANT to like him but he insists on making it difficult. I'm just not buying him as an up-and-coming manipulator. I don't know maybe it's the way he seems to get this deer in the headlight look every time his cell phone rings. But I just don't believe his heart is really into the whole villain gig they seem intent on asking us to buy.

When he got off the phone with the old man after he said "I'm on top of this I know what I'm doing" I half expected the words "Oh my God, I am so not on top of this I don't know what the hell I'm doing" to appear on screen as what he really meant to say. Is there anyone who believes that when all is said and done he WON'T have real feelings for Jordan?

I got to say I got a chuckle out of aftermath of Melanie barging in on Ben in his birthday suit. I thought all involved did a great job of conveying the awkwardness of the situation. I especially liked Melaine's line about walking in on naked men being "her thing."

I'm going to shock everybody by what I'm going to say next: I really liked the fact that Melanie expressed sympathy for Gabi (the sound of jaws dropping on the floor creates vibrations) I said you would be shocked. Seriously, I wouldn't have held it against her if she hadn't expressed those sentiments, but the fact she did earned a lot of points in my estimation. Especially since she had once been the victim of Nick's obsessive ways.

And I'm sure I've said it before but any day with Gabi mentions is a good one in my book. I remain hopeful that they will lead to a Christmas guest appearance.

Please, Santa, I have been ever so good this year.

Back