Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 15 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, December 15, 2014

Rather a fun show to watch today, and a lot of that is due to Serena, who sits in the Pub, waiting to meet Eric, when Kayla walks in. Serena says hello, Kayla is puzzled until Serena reminds her they met in New York, once, several years ago, when a lot of family was there. Kayla remembers, mentions Eric was with her, they had just come from Africa. Yes...but Serena gets a call, which upsets her, has to leave to take care of something.

Meanwhile, Marlena is meeting up with Eric at his request, they small talk, he takes her to the Pub, suprised that "she" is not there. Kayla is, though, and notes that "she" was, but had to leave just a few minutes ago. So Marlena learns it was Serena Mason, remembers meeting her, remembers also that Eric really liked her, and in fact, if he had not entered the priesthood, thought maybe he was going to propose to her.

Over at the hospital, Anne & Theresa are gossiping over Melanie's application, Jen comes along, returning some files she had borrowed, but Anne insists she "demanded". Anne leaves for a bit, Jen sweetly tells Theresa that she heard her talking about Melanie, and she will enjoy working with her. Anne returns, Jen departs, Anne assures Theresa that she will deal with ol Melanie, who is not going to just slide in, the heck with Dr. Jonas.
Along comes Serena......and gosh, I loved this confrontation. It seems someone from Anne's office called Serena, her office will be in the basement, which is not acceptable. Too bad, replies, Anne, she is boss, her decision, it is all that is available, no one consulted me. Serena thinks it is too bad Anne was not advised, but with her attitude, she can understand why. (Watching Jen's facial reactions in the background is a stitch). Serena shows her contract, in which the company assured her of an office on this floor, close to the research center, as she will be in and out of there.She mentions the large donation the company is making to the hospital. Anne sticks by her guns, (she really does a lot of talking with her hands, too funny) and no office. O.K., says Serena, that is too bad, understand you are doing your job. And when I have lunch with Seth Burns next week, to explain why the donation is being withdrawn, I will be sure to mention how well you do your job. And when I lunch with Chief of Staff Brady, who is a good friend, I will be sure to let her know how well you do your job.
Ooops, Anne just remembered that an office was vacated right here, scolds Theresa a bit for not reminding her, so Serena can have it. Ahh, all taken care of, now she wants the key. Anne & Theresa leave, Jennifer is grinning from ear to ear, introduces herself, tells Serena it is going to be really fun having her around.Serena has to take off, is late.

At the Pub, Serena is giving Marlena a hug, glad to see her again, Marlena all eager to catch up, hear about her working at the hospital, but gets a call, new patient, has to leave. Serena now wants to talk to Eric privately, but not in the private park area that Eric mentions, suggests his place. They are there, they talk, she wants to know what happened that had him leave the priesthood. Water under the bridge, doesn't want to talk of it, in the past. She is happy about that, realizing there are no other commitments on his part, asks him to dinner. He smiles, are you asking me on a date? Their faces are close, seemingly about to kiss.

Brady runs into Nicole, who looks gorgeous, except for an ugly jacket. He takes her to lunch, needs a favor. Titan wants to buy this company, another outfit wants it as bad as Titan, and the CEO plans on using Brady's past with drugs & alcohol to knock him out of the running. Brady remembers Nicole did research on the guy, though never did the piece. Oh, yes, that sleazeball from New Jersey, she remembers. (Nice scenes between these two). She makes a phone call or two, and the jerk has been put on notice. Brady is appreciative.

Melanie is decorating the Jonas Christmas tree with Parker, Maggie baking cookies to share with Parker. Mel has to leave, she has already put her application in at the hospital, still has to be approved, but has Parker help her put a load of gifts under the tree. Maggie wonders how Mel found the time, but after Mel leaves, Daniel admits she asked him to do her shopping for her before she decided to come home. So he did, even his own gift. Maggie can't believe it, but is laughing.

Melanie is at the hospital, in hugs with Jennifer, who is looking forward to having her back at the hospital. Brady comes in, does his own big hug with Melanie, Theresa sees them, her face falls. Brady leaves, Mel spots Theresa who is giving her the evil eye, Mel looks uncomfortable, but shrrugs it off. She goes up to Anne, mentioning her application. Oh, yes, Anne got it. Melanie wonders if she has to do her physical today, unless the rules have changed. Oh, let me see...Anne looks at her phone calendar. How about the 12th. Melanie starts to say oh, o.k.......but Anne adds..."of NEVER". Theresa grins.

Nicole arrives at Daniel's with her own stack of Christmas gifts. She is sorry to have missed Parker, has no gift for Melanie as she did not know she was returning, then notices the gift box from Melanie to Daniel is exactly the same as her own for him. She learns of Daniel doing the shopping, even his own gift, which is a scarf. Oh, she got him a scarf as well, Arguing about taking back, or not. Daniel decides to open hers, lovely grey scarf, he really likes it, wraps it around his neck, she double wraps it, saying she knows he likes to wear it that way. They are up close, personal, nearly kissing.

Bree is on the phone with Hope, telling her not to have anything to do with Aiden, if she does, she will end up just like Meredith - dead. Hope is flabbergasted, and just then Aiden comes up. Hope manages to hang up, Aiden sees she is upset, she admits the call was about him, and she is not upset, just surprised. They were to go to Salem Inn, decide to meet there and talk about this. Hope arrives first, gets another call from Bree, but decides not to answer it. Aiden arrives, they talk of the kids being home during the holidays, and Hope says they will have to get inventive.
Aiden deals with the elephant in the room, the phone call. When Hope reveal it came from Bree, Aiden gets upset,He does explain she was Meredith's best friend, that Meredith probably told her a lot of stuff about her marriage troubles. He notes he already told Hope that Meredith was not happy with him, he wasn't happy with her, and add how much Bree hates him. At Meredith's funer, she came up to Aiden, saying she wishes that bullet had hit him instead. The upshot is, Aiden is tired of explaining the past, he doesn't want to talk about it. He moved away from Portland because Bree was saying much the same to everyone, and he did not want her saying any of it to Chase. But really, he is tired of it all. Hope says she has always trusted him, but also respected his privacy. He says that he has never asked her about Bo, about why he went away, never returned, nothing.

Hope interrupts, saying that for today, let's not talk of the past, the future, just here and now. Aiden says that would be nice, but he cannot do that. Not anymore. He is about to leave, but Hope stops him, kisses him.
And we see the 3 scenes sort of interjecting....Eric & Serena about to kiss, Nicole & Daniel about to kiss.....but Hope kissing Aiden and him kissing her back.

So I am envisioning Melanie-Serena vs. Anne-Theresa shenanigans. Could be cute...for a little while. But Anne really is juvenile for a so-called professional. And I forgot exactly what Theresa's job description is there at the hospital.
Sounds like this episode had a nice array of characters.

O.K. Mark your calendar, people, as I actually liked the show ! :eek: I know, right ? It's truly shocking. Well, not so much, considering that my favorite character, Nicole, was on today. I loved her scenes with Brady. And I definitely like her with Daniel. I think Miracle Dan is so much more fun with Nicole. In fact, I think Nicole (or the actress, or both) makes everyone around her much more likeable. Brady, Daniel. Well, not sourpuss Eric, which is why I'm so glad Nicole was not in a scene with him.

Speaking of Eric, I actually like him better with this Serena person. For now, anyway. Same goes for Serena. She's growing on me. I loved her standing up to Anne. And boy, did Anne and Theresa look particularly stupid, today. But, back to Serena, I'm just afraid that once she finds out about Nicole and Eric, she'll be one more person to belittle Nicole. So... let's not go there, writer. Keep this going like it is now : Serena with Eric and Nicole with Daniel. I could definitely be happy with that.

Now, Jennifer (Too bad she didn't get a real haircut, as this suits her perfectly. She looks softer and younger with shorter hair. Maybe this is the actress' way to try it before actually cutting her hair). Again, I even liked her today. Much better than seeing her being a shrew with Dan. Can we keep Jen Jen and Dan apart, and keep this fun Jennifer around ? Pretty please ?

Hope (oh, sorry, the hairdo did nothing for her, she looked kind of drowned, not very pretty, which is surprising as Hope usually looks very good) and Aiden. Still not sure about that. On the one hand, Aiden could be really tired of having to explain himself every day. On the other hand, he could be acting this way to manipulate Hope into not asking him questions again. Right now, he could be good, he could be bad, I think the writers don't know themselves. But I did wonder, today, when Aiden mentioned Bo, if Hope had told him about going to prison, being on pills and trying to set Bo on fire. Seems weird to me that Hope would be that shaken, knowing she herself tried to kill her husband. Only in soap land, right ?

Lastly, Melanie is still too babyish for my taste. Though I do like her with Brady. I could go for a pairing between the two of them (in the long run), if she would just grow up, a little at least. Too much perkiness is... well, too much.

So, Anne is going to prevent Betty Boop, er... I mean, Melanie, from working at the hospital??

Geez, doesn't Anne realize that Little Miss Boop-Boop-Boopie-Doop has an ornament on the Horton tree and that practically makes her a real Horton, which guarantees her a job at the hospital for life??? :sarcasm:

I am still at a loss how badly Salem characters are dressed for winter in the midwest! Heck, they are admitting it is nearly Christmas, decorations, gifts being brought over.
Serena wearing a short light, leather jacket. Nicole in that awful little jacket, no idea about the material. Marlena not even wearing a coat. Coats open, no scarves, no gloves, and talk of going to talk on a park bench. Jen still sleeveless.
And then Melanie..with a nice top, long sleeves......until you see the skirt, all flouncy, and barely covering her derriere. Reminded me of a 5 yr old in kindergarten. Sorry. It just did.

Is there a coat check person in the hospital entrance? Because I don't think Melanie had one on when she came to ask about her application.

I really laughed out loud at Serena/Anne today, Anne is a kick.
Congrats to writer David Cherrill. Sparkly dialogue today. (he is the credited writer today)

So, Anne is going to prevent Betty Boop, er... I mean, Melanie, from working at the hospital?? Geez, doesn't Anne realize that Little Miss Boop-Boop-Boopie-Doop has an ornament on the Horton tree and that practically makes her a real Horton, which guarantees her a job at the hospital for life??? :sarcasm:
Does it ever. Anne should realize that she's tilting at windmills when she butts heads directly with the Salem princesses and their friends. Instead of the basement-office ploy, Anne should be more subtle, make friends with the hospital's IT and maintenance people. Then, the next time Serena's computer goes down or her heating/cooling is on the fritz, she'd be kept waiting for a good long while until the situation is remedied. Speaking of Anne, where does Prissy Jenny get off criticizing her wrap dresses. Somebody who'd go sleeveless in a Mid-West blizzard has no business commenting on another woman's attire. Finally, it was interesting that Serena said that the University Hospital has a research library. Really? If it's on a par with the rest of the place, it probably only contains a few outdated medical dictionaries, DVDs of the House M.D., Doogie Howser, Dr. Kildare, ER, Ben Casey, and Marcus Welby TV series, and a collection of medical "For Dummies" books, including the Love Doctor's latest: Appendectomies with Kitchen Utensils for Dummies.

Serena totally owned today's episode. For once someone put Anne in her place and had her by the two horns on her head. I also see a BFF (best friend forever) tag team match with Serena/Melanie vs Anne/Theresa. At least now Melanie has some backup in case Anne and Theresa try to bully her.

It's finally nice to see Eric smile for once and not all mister grouchy and bitter. Guess Serena was a good addition to the show.

So I take it Aiden's wife had a addiction/drug/alcohol problem due to perhaps depression. Hmmmm she was shot, so I take it she had killed herself. Though if my theory is somewhat right, she probably felt used by Aiden, which would make it clear why Bree and Lisa hate Aiden.

Finally, it was interesting that Serena said the University Hospital has a research library. Really? If it's on a par with the rest of the place, it probably only contains a few outdated medical dictionaries, DVDs of the House M.D.,Doogie Howser, Dr. Kildare, ER, Ben Casey, and Marcus Welby TV series, and a collection of medical "For Dummies" books, including the Love Doctor's latest:Appendectomies with Kitchen Utensils for Dummies.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for clearing that up for me JS. Now I wonder if Aiden used her and Meridith found out, or perhaps Aiden had a affair. But then again Aiden doesn't really seem like the cheating type, especially if he was well kept.

I think Aiden has already said that he & Meredith only stayed together because of Chase, so, she was very unhappy......depressed, and drank. She no longer loved her husband, and who knows what MIGHT have said to her. If Meredith's last words to Aiden were "I hate you", and Bree comes along at the funeral saying, I wish that you got that bullet....well, as Aiden said today, Bree hated him, too.

You know, Meredith MIGHT have wanted him to be in some high powered big paying law firm, and he preferred to not do that.

It's hardly surprising that Aiden didn't have much money when he married his wife. Unless he came from an affluent family who could help with tuition, he would have been burdened with both college and law school loans after graduation, and working for Legal Aid would have left him in a poor position when it came to paying them off. As for a job in Big Law, Aiden likely could have obtained one if he went to an elite law school or had top grades at one of lesser status. If he was this kind of graduate, it's not hard to see why his wife would have been upset. However, he was a mediocre law student at an ordinary law school, Legal Aid could have been the best he could do. As for the circumstances of the wife's death, the one thing that is somewhat surprising is the alacrity with which the police accepted his version of the events. Usually, a story that a woman accidently shot herself or committed suicide gets intense scrutiny. For example, according to CBS Chicago on December 10, a suburban Chicago businessman named Allan Kustok was sentenced to sixty years in prison because a jury did not believe his story that his wife had shot herself.

Not a bad episode at all in my oh so very humble opinion here are some of my very much awaited thoughts:

Eric and Serena: They were okay, I was able to watch without my thoughts drifting off too much. I can support anything that manages to get Eric to lighten up a little bit like he did today. My problem is the whole insta-romance aspect of it. It's like the audience is expected to care already and speaking just for myself: I don't. Maybe I will care someday but I need a reason to and at this point I don't have one yet.

Anne: I find her very entertaining; she's a miserable human being to be around but she's a hoot nevertheless; the scenes with Serena were fun.

Daniel and Nicole: Those scenes were cute. I know that this isn't the first time at the rodeo for either of these two but I do enjoy them in the light-hearted scenes like today and at the park a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I really would want them in a full blown-romance and all the angst that goes along with it but I do like where they are at right now.

I don't think it has been said Aiden was a mediocre student. Because of growing up poor, he may have CHOSEN to be a Public Defender, because he felt for the less fortunate, who perhaps are unable to get the proper help they need. He seems to be a good lawyer while in Salem, been on top of whatever cases he has handled.
As usual, Days is dragging out his back story, probably trying to make up their minds exactly what it should be.

I tried - I'll keep it since you say it's fun Poirot - but as much as love Anne's dialogue and delivery, I'm tired of her being so poorly-developed. Really tired of the telegraphic writing and pointless Jeannie T. Not even buying for a second anything sinister about Aiden. I did enjoy the Brady & Nicole scenes, but they were countered by the horridity of the egg-family. :sick:

I'll keep it on my DVR. Maybe if I watch 8-9 minutes a day ... LOL.

Aww, c'mon JDS.......you do have the FF button. Hey, I love Anne, I am glad they kept her after her 3 days. I agree about Jeannie T........good actress, bad writing for her. Gotta say, loved the Serena/Anne scene, the Nicole/Daniel scene, and truly, I liked that Aiden reminded Hope he never asks her about Bo. So, like all Days couples, they have now hit a bump in the road.

Tis the season, Jason...........and if you have had the same foggy, dreary weather, can understand the reluctance on your part........but honest, I did laugh out loud at parts.....so...well, up to you.

Back