Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 15 2014

I found it funny when Theresa was making fun of Melanie and mocking her saying, "I'm Melanie Jonas", in that baby-ish voice of Melanie's. :rotfl:

One odd thing that I noticed (and proves how scenes are shot out of order or a partial episode one day and the rest of it the next) is that Hope's hair was rather flat with just a very slight loose wave to it while in the square talking to Bree and then later when she was at the hotel with Aiden her hair looked much fuller and had more waves to it.

I thought it was weird too that Serena addressed Kayla at the Pub as Dr. Brady. I know she goes by that now since her divorce from Steve but given the back story of Serena and Eric seeing some of his family, including Kayla, in New York several years ago Kayla would have been Dr. Johnson back then.

Thanks for the summary....I didn't pay much attention to it as I was on the phone and/or taking care of the kiddos while this was on today.

You know, I had to figure out what she said.........because yes, I would have thought it was Dr. Johnson (and it should be still, in my opinion)
Melanie told her father today, she was going to "be more mature". So, she uses that little girl voice to ask Anne about her physical?

And can someone clue me in to what I missed? Maxine told Melanie she was going to take her application straight to head of Nursing (by-passing the Dragon Anne). and yet, Anne finds the application on her desk and is now telling Melanie, more or less, she will not get the job.

A side question. Does Human Resources REALLY have the say so on what doctors, nurses, technicians get hired? Office help? Aides?

I enjoyed today's show too. A lot of funny remarks. Does this writer write more
jokes than the others?

Serena telling Anne off was funny with Jen watching. Later, Anne told Mel off
with Theresa watching.

Was this the first year they had Hanukkah decorations at the hospital?

Did Serena wear the animal print dress so Eric would remember their
time in Africa?

I wonder if there were other sport balls ornaments on the Jonas' tree.
I saw basketball, football and I think soccer balls.

How old was Sami and Eric when they had the disagreement about what
to see at the museum? Funny to hear dinosaurs won.

And can someone clue me in to what I missed? Maxine told Melanie she was going to take her application straight to head of Nursing (by-passing the Dragon Anne). and yet, Anne finds the application on her desk and is now telling Melanie, more or less, she will not get the job.
You were paying attention, unlike the writers.

A side question. Does Human Resources REALLY have the say so on what doctors, nurses, technicians get hired? Office help? Aides?

Usually HR interviews first, weeds out the undesirables, does reference checks, and so forth. So yes, they would often be able to weed people out...unless their daddy was a wünderdoc on the staff. I upset a snooty HR person at a regional hospital (the money was too little and her attitude too great) and my application can't make it past the HR dept interview now. (Their loss, really.)

So, the HR person then is qualified to decide if a person is medically qualified, business qualified, financially qualified, maintenance qualified, etc. I just was thinking that it would seem rather difficult for HR to be able to be able to "approve" all those areas of expertise.

Not a bad episode at all in my oh so very humble opinion here are some of my very much awaited thoughts:
Eric and Serena: They were okay, I was able to watch without my thoughts drifting off too much. I can support anything that manages to get Eric to lighten up a little bit like he did today. My problem is the whole insta-romance aspect of it. It's like the audience is expected to care already and speaking just for myself: I don't. Maybe I will care someday but I need a reason to and at this point I don't have one yet.

I completely agree. This whole Serena thing is out of left field and the way everyone is fawning over her (i.e. Marlena), I have to think there is more to Miss Serena than meets the eye. I think this is what Greg Vaughan( Eric) also alluded to in a recent interview. It's too much too soon. They were practically kissing at the end of today's episode, a day after she came to town. And the way they kept switching between the Eric-Serena and Daniel-Nicole scenes, that makes me think that Eric and Nicole are still the end game here. If this were written properly, Serena being in town should help Eric deal with whatever he went through in Africa and realize that that (plus the rape) had a hand in how he has been treating Nicole. One can hope.

And I have a feeling that Serena is going to be the next character to be shoved down our throats.

I too noticed Hope's hair having 2 different styles.

I did not like Melanie's flannel dress but at least it qualified as a dress and not a tunic.:rolleyes:

I think Bree is lying but not sure about what. Perhaps she and Aiden had an affair and he left her to come to Salem? In any event, Hope is right to believe Aiden over a stranger like Bree.

I didn't care for Brady and Nicole's conversation or Daniel and Nicole's conversation about the scarf. It's not that I mind these things but I also think they don't need to take up more than a scene or 2.

I'm tired of seeing Maggie meddling with the egg family.

I'm tired of seeing Marlena meddling with her actual family.

Anne needs to be fired immediately. Melanie's application already bypassed the screening process by being given to the head of nursing. THAT is who should make the ultimate hiring decision, not Anne. My guess is Abigail is going to intervene in this conversation and Anne will quickly change her tune. And perhaps losing her job and getting hired by maybe Victor, will reveal some layers to Anne's character. I did enjoy the Anne-Serena scenes but it's not just the writing. It's also the delivery, in particular from Anne.

Kat: I noticed the full menorah too but at least they are making an effort. Maybe next year they'll fill it correctly.:)

Line of the day to Jennifer: "That's Anne Milbauer in yet another wrap dress."

Be still my heart Jennifer you took the words right out of my mouth! There really was a 10 for 1 sale on wrap dresses!

Maybe Anne wears those dresses because they are easy to take off :)
Wishful thinking on her part. Melanie and Serena both had holes in the back
of their dresses.

I forgot to mention Aiden's hair. He's letting it go gray again in his
temples. Does this mean his character is going gray too?

I noticed Hope's hair, too!
I also agree about Serena, I feel like it's coming on too strong. I am glad Eric is going to have a different story but he's been a sour puss so long it's hard to forget it. Moving on.....

Love the Nicole scenes!

I also thought Theresa looked really pretty.

So, the HR person then is qualified to decide if a person is medically qualified, business qualified, financially qualified, maintenance qualified, etc. I just was thinking that it would seem rather difficult for HR to be able to be able to "approve" all those areas of expertise.

I worked in Human Resources for 5 years and the primary job in recruiting is doing due diligence to make sure any applicant they forward to a hiring manager is actually qualified and has the required credentials for the position for which they applied. This includes doing pre-screening interviews which are conducted by HR. There are certainly times when HR reps abuse their authority to make sure certain people are excluded from the consideration process. Taking that under consideration, Anne certainly can make sure Melanie's found not to be a good fit for a nursing position lol.

But in this particular case given that Melanie left under good terms and also has a dad and other friends employed by the hospital, it's unlikely a vindictive HR person could be successful at not hiring her.

But in this particular case given that Melanie left under good terms and also has a dad and other friends employed by the hospital, it's unlikely a vindictive HR person could be successful at not hiring her.

But given the hasty way she picked up and left town after the Gabi/Andrew reveal, we could assume she didn't give advance notification of her resignation. At many companies that is grounds to not be considered for rehire. If I were Anne, I'd look for any legitimate reason to keep from hiring her lol, but that's just me because I despise the character.

Not exactly - that would be done by a person in the dept (head of nursing, Chief of Staff, head of surgery, whatever - in my case, head of rehab) after they "pass" the HR interview.

Cryin I agree with your assessment - both of HR processes and of Melanie. :wink:

Personally I'm amazed Mel kept up her nursing licensure as she was galavanting about Europe.

Back