Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 26, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, December 26, 2016

Days continues it's presentation of holiday cheer :)sarcasm:). Kayla & Steve have just finished up serving meals to the homeless at Club TBD. They talk of the children, Steve expressing regret at how much he missed of his own kids' lives when little, never gonna happen again. Claire is on her cell, finding apts. for rent, has talked Ciara into sharing one with her next semester, if Hope agrees. Excited Claire calls Theo, all set, Ciara has agreed, we 3 will be roomies. Ciara did not know, Theo was part of the deal, but o.k., no problem. Joey & Jade are talking, mostly about the baby coming, Claire & Ciara come along, as Jade goes to the bathroom, saying "you know how it is when you are pregnant". The other girls take offense, how would they know. Joey defends, Jade returns, arguments ensue. Ciara & Claire leave, Joey tells Jade that this is family. Steve & Kayla are there now, telling Jade that yes, the Brady family is all involved with each other, but it is all out of love, and that baby will be part of the family. Steve comments that it was hard for him at first, but he is very happy about it, doesn't know what he would do without them.

Everyone decides to go to St. Lukes, say a prayer for Hope. Joey & Jade bond a bit more over their baby, he talks of how he thinks about what he did to Ava, and how a new life is so very special.

At the prison, Annabelle is writing a letter, Coco & Sheila come in, give her a hard time, mock the letter as one to Santa asking for a new dolly, they grab her letter to her mom, see a reference to these two terrible women who hassle me, Hope helps me so much. The two attack Annabelle, Hope comes in, pulls them off Annabelle, sends her away, is dealing with the two, who now are threatening her. Chille arrives, alerted by Annabelle, chases them off. Goes back to the show, she doesn't want to miss her solo, leaves singing Jingle Belles. LOL. Hope comforts Annabelle, who is worried those two will still be coming after her.

At DiMansion, Gabi arrives, ready to tell Chad the news that Abby is alive. She stammers, Abby comes in behind her, Chad announces Abby is alive, Gabi turns, is rather shocked, but so happy, hugs. Thomas cries, Chad goes to check, Gabi & Abby talk, the latter confessing she was not on the plane, thought it better all thought she was dead. Was scared, such a mess after Ben, figured she would be hospital rest of her life, not wanting to be burden to Chad, etc. Gabi talks of how Chad fell apart, mourned her for so long, but Abby replies rather sarcastically that she is glad Gabi was there to help him pick up the pieces. She then lets Gabi know she saw her kissing Chad, right in this room. Gabi is right back at her that she was "dead". How long was Chad supposed to grieve? In comes Chad, who tells Abby this all is her fault, none of it would have happened if she had not pretended to be dead. Abby agrees, yes, this IS her fault. In comes JJ, who quickly realizes what is going on. Gabi says, so this was the secret? He says yes, wants to go elsewhere to talk.

This leaves Abby & Chad to confront each other. She spent the night in Thomas's room, he went for a walk. He loves her, but doesn't know if or when he can get over being mad at her for what she did to "them".(Excellent scenes). She is sorry, his emotions are all over the place. She wasn't thinking straight, thought he would be better off. He is nearly crying as he reminds her of their vows to take care of each other in sickness & in health. He would have done so, she never gave him the chance. She tries to come on to him but he turns away. What about us. He doesn't know. But he doesn't want her to run away again, and he is afraid that is what she will do that if anything gets tough.

JJ & Gabi are talking things over. JJ figures that now that Gabi knows it was his sister that was the secret, she can understand. She does, but she still cannot forget about Miami, she has tried, it stays in her mind. She claims that she & Chad are just friends, despite kissing him, that she understands why JJ kept his sister's secret after promising her no more, but, she cannot trust him any more. He is willing to work this out, she isn't. There is nothing for us anymore. She storms off.

Chille sits at the computer, Hope is behind her, thanking her for coming to her aid, she really appreciates it, all she has done. Chille isn't answering, Hope says her name a couple of time, comes round to her side. Knife is in middle of Chille's chest, blood all around it.

Later, Annabelle & Hope are standing together, Hope telling her to be quiet, say not a word (Annabelle figures they should tell the guard about the other two women) as the guard is on the phone, calling for lockdown, a prisoner is down. Coco & Sheila come into the doorway behind the guard, sort of snicker, giving each other "knowing" looks, leave.

Rafe has come into Club TBD, wishing all a Merry Christmas, Steve tells of them going to St. Lukes to say a prayer for Hope. Sure, Rafe will join them. Shane bursts thru the door, has some news, Steve sends the young ones off, will meet them there. Kayla stays, is not going to miss whatever news this is. Shane tells them something has happened, & Hope may not be guilty of killing anyone. We have reason to believe Stefano is still alive.

Jack Devereaux's children have become quite the unsympathetic pair.

I'll give the new Abigail more time, but I am definitely missing the chemistry the previous actress (Kate Mansi) had with Chad. He was right to be concerned that Abigail might run again when things get hard. And Gabi was right to tell JJ there is no future for the two of them. When things get hard for him, he turns to sex with another woman.

I'm finding the Joey and his girlfriend story boring and a waste of screen time. And Claire has become the most annoying character on Days (now that Theresa) is gone.

I'm glad to see Shane on today's show. Hope we can see more of him (and Kim).

Surprised to see Chille killed. I liked her character and hoped they would keep her around. I guess that's what had to happen so that Hope would now be in more danger.

Thanks for the write-up. The episode was decent.

I agree with Tennisdoc, the teen scene was kinda lame, although I'm not so opposed to the Jade & Joey scenes. In fact, compared to the other teen stories, I think it shows maturity and growth.

I totally understand Chad's anger at Abigail. Like her brother, she can never face her issues: she runs, and JJ romps with another woman. Hopefully one day both couples can patch things up. But for now, I definitely want to see Chad with Gabi.

Good to see Shane, but this is gonna get really stupid if Stefano is alive after all. I hope he truly is dead, but that Hope is still able to get out of jail. I'm upset that Chille died, but at least the storyline is getting more intriguing than it would've been if it was just Rafe visiting Hope in jail all the time.

I am crushed, devastated and just flat out heart-broken. Yes I'm talking about the fact that we didn't actually get to see Chillie perform her solo in the Christmas pageant! :cry:

Gabi and JJ; This was definitely a mixed bag for me. First off, the writers are ticking me off. I feel they are trying to rewrite what we saw of JJ and Gabi's relationship like they are with Daniel and Nicole but they're trying to go in the opposite direction. We have Nicole going on and on like she and Daniel were some great love for the ages, they were soul mates etc. When what we saw as a highly dysfunctional mess and in the day after Christmas spirit I mean that in the nicest way! :)

We hear Gabi tell JJ their relationship sounds like a lot of work but what admittedly little we saw of them always felt like two imperfect people coming together because they saw each others imperfections.

However I did see what Gabi was saying about not feeling she can trust JJ and being open and honest. Especially giving her romantic history of constantly being shut out.

On the other hand honesty is a two-way street. And Gabi still isn't being totally honest with JJ or herself . I still think this all just angst for them and it isn't over between them. But as much as I hate to admit it Gabi is the one who needs to get her head on straight here.

I had to chuckle at Rafe, Steve and Kayla's reactions to Shane's announcement that Stefano may be alive. Come on guys is that really that big of a shock at this point? As far as my reaction goes all I have to say is yeah, whatever I mean that got to get Hope out of prison somehow, right?

I really hope it turns out JJ never did have sex. I hope it was just two people that got drunk and passed out in bed with each other. It really got me angry when Gabi said at least Chad is honest. Even though it took a little while, JJ did admit the truth to her. He didn't tell her right away because he was afraid he would lose her. It turned out he was right.

Wow, could Claire be more annoying?!

Agree....have already noted elsewhere that I am hoping before any sex romp occurred JJ passed out. If his lady friend did, too, that would be a plus. Meanwhile, Gabi is on her high horse, and just wanting to place blame elsewhere. She is definitely guilty of keeping secrets from JJ, and see how fast she turned things back on him when he brought it up. She did the same thing to him before.

Gabi and JJ; This was definitely a mixed bag for me. First off the writers are ticking me off. I feel they are trying to rewrite what we saw of JJ and Gabi's relationship like they are with Daniel and Nicole but they're trying to go in the opposite direction. We have Nicole going on and on like she and Daniel were some great love for the ages, they were soul mates etc. When what we saw as a highly dysfunctional mess and in the day after Christmas spirit I mean that in the nicest way! :)

The more I watch this show, the more I feel like there really wasn't a solid plan in place for Abigail's return from the dead. Suddenly pushing Gabi towards Chad and treating JJ like an afterthought are ridiculous. I'm really glad Chad and Gabi didn't sleep together because you know she would have ended up pregnant just as Abby and Chad reconciled. Speaking of Abby and Chad, they have more than enough to deal with between Abigail's return and her mental illness. No need for an interloper. And I have a feeling Dario is going to be involved with this as well. I was really hoping to see more of JJ and Gabi's relationship development but after today I'm rooting for JJ to find someone new and not Lani either. Really poor writing all around here.

So Shawn and Ciara visited Hope and the teens and Steve and Kayla served meals to the poor. Wouldn't it have been nice to have seen those scenes instead of hearing about them? I seriously thought I missed an episode. And the way Ciara enunciated Shawn's name to Claire, you'd think he was a stranger.

And was I hearing things or did Claire refer to Steve and Kayla as "your Aunt and Uncle" to Ciara?? The line was at the very beginning when they were outside TBD.

I thought Shawn was glaringly absent today. He should have been at TBD with the others and also should have been there for Shane's announcement. And why would Kayla leave? What a sexist remark by Shane.

Great scenes with Chad and Abby. I'm still convinced they have their own scriptwriter because their writing along with the recent Steve and Kayla is way different than any other couple on this show.

I can't stand Jade so I actually like Claire telling her like it is. Still, I wouldn't hate it if Shawn or own of the adults were better at reeling her in when needed.

I just came here to inquire, and see that Heather heard it too, as to why Claire said "your aunt and uncle" (Heather, I played it loudly two times, and yes, that is exactly what she said) :rolleyes: And why was Gabi's purple amethyst, blue today?? :rolleyes:

I just cannot stand how now once again Ciara is pining after Theo. She's so wishy washy when it comes to him. Only wants him when he is not available.

Gabi was making me mad being so unforgiving. Abby being alive was not JJ's secret to tell. I just think she should understand that.

I think it is really unfortunate that this ooh Stefano may be alive story is coming out right after Joe Mascolo (Stefano) actually dies. And so I guess that means Stefano's body was never found in that warehouse? I thought it was, I mean, why wouldn't it be. But guess not.

I thought Gabi understood why JJ kept Abby's secret, but she told him that she realized she didn't trust him. If she did, she would have given him the benefit of the doubt when she heard him talking about keeping another secret.

She was as clear as she could be to JJ that "she's just not that into him." It doesn't have anything to do with Chad, it has to do with the issues between her and JJ. She is doing the right thing by ending things with him.

Thanks, Poirot.

I wish we could have seen some of the homeless at the club eating. I guess they couldn't
afford any extras today with so many cast members on.

I thought it was cute that Chillie was singing when she went back to the pageant. Too bad
she was killed.

I enjoyed Gabi with Abby. Gabi was so happy Abby was alive.

I'm glad Chad told Abby it was her fault how things were going since she pretended
to be dead. Since she was declared dead, will they have to fill out paperwork since
she's not. And will Chad take down the statue?

Nice seeing Shane in his "spy" coat at the end.

The only good thing I can say about this is I'm glad Abby's not lying about her whereabouts. She could have played the sympathy card, or had faked amnesia, or something...but she's being honest up front. That makes me hopeful.

The rest of the show (especially this ridiculous "Stefano" sighting): :sick::sick:

Does this mean there are secretly taped scenes of Stefano still alive that are to air in months ahead? I say this because all of this was taped months ago, before Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) died.

The whole Hope-the-convicted-murderer plot has devolved into such a mess that the writers should run a notice at the start of a given episode that the whole thing was a bad dream and Hope is still in Salem leading her dysfunctional life. All this stuff about Stefano still being alive is just eyewash because as shown Hope either attempted to kill the Phoenix or actually murdered him. Either way, she's on the hook for a serious felony. As for the jail scenes, everything about them is disappointingly bad. Hope's fellow inmates are cardboard stereotypes and the murder of Chille was simply not convincing. A powerful woman like her is successfully ambushed from the rear while on the computer with the a type of knife that's not available to inmates? (At least they could have made it look like a prison shank.) As for brat-girl Claire, her treatment of the hapless Jade and her inane plans to recreate Three's Company with herself, Teen Ciara, and Theo are just annoying and lame. After all, why does she want to live near campus. She never seems to go to classes or take exams?

Re: Hope. Just a reminder that all charges against her were dropped except for Murder 1. So if they find Stefano, that probably will be enough to get her out with no other ramifications. We may not like it but that's probably how it will end up.

Back