Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 1, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, Feb. 1, 2016

Ciara has Chase's burner phone, reading the nasty remarks to Theo. Chase comes in, you didn't find my clothes....she throws the phone at him.....how could you! She runs out. Hope & Rafe return from fishing, he evidently caught fish, she teases about him claiming to have never fished, and did so well. Back & forth, he says he never ate fresh fish in his life, mom worked 2 jobs, he had canned tuna or salmon. Since Hope cannot cook, and rafe would not know how, they call the kids, who don't answer, both are gone, and Chase's bag is gone as well. Ciara returns, tells what happened, Rafe goes looking. Ciara & her mom talk, Hope assures her not her fault. Ciara tells how Claire thinks Chase likes her. Rafe returns, no Chase. They decide to notify the cops, and Rafe goes out again to look, while Hope & Ciara remain behind, in case Chase returns.

Claire is singing for Eve, who is giving her hints and instructions on how to do it better, until finally, Claire nails it, and Eve is thrilled. Hugs.

Deimos is on the phone with Philip, threatening him, he wants that formula NOW, he does not want to wait for further testing. Deimos warns that if he doesn't get it, he will put aside his intention to ruin Victor for a while, and concentrate on ruining Philip instead. A dejected Phil hangs up, Belle comes by, pesters him and Philip tells her everything. Including what Deimos has on him. Seems Phil met this girl, a lot of fun, knew where all the parties were, etc. They had good times. But one day, he returned to his hotel room, she was dead, had O.D.'d. Her father was a Chicago police captain, Phil would have fried, tho he had nothing to do with it. He got a friend, who helped him move the gal to another room, no one ever knew she died in his room. Except Deimos was having him watched, just waiting for something to hold over him. He doesn't know what to do now, cannot tell his dad, Deimos would spill about him immediately. He wishes he could turn the tables, get something on Deimos. Belle suggests asking her dad.....he would do anything for Victor, could come up with something.

Ava is asleep on the sofa, Patch is on the phone, got a huge lead about Ava's son. He & Joey talk in whispers about Ava, Kayla, how the situation got to this point. He sends Joey away, Ava wakes up, he wants to make a deal. Release Kayla, he will go with her to find the son. As long as Joey & Kayla are safe, he will give Ava what she wants. He tells her of the lead from his ISA contacts. Asks if her dad had a compound in Kansas City. Well, seems some guy who just got out of jail was an expert in selling or taking black market babies to Indonesia. Ava is a bit leery about agreeing to this offer from Steve, as what if he goes back on his word after Kayla is released. He promises he will go with her. (we see Kayla waking up, standing up, in this big, bare, room, where she is, of course, locked in.

Victor & Maggie visit Daniel's shrine, she shed more tears, picks a card up from someone who was helped by Dr. Dan, reading it aloud. She goes off somewhere, Deimos arrives, he & Victor butt horns (yep, like two big bulls, or elk) back & forth. Deimos notes that Vic is not the worse for wear with his heart attack, also that Vic is not that good an actor. They spit insults back & forth, plus threats. Deimos finally telling him that for someone who also talked about family, he has not backed it up, not with Titus, nor Alexandros, or with me. Maggie returns, wants to know what is going on here.

We see Chase is back at home, in the dark, sends Ciara a text. He is sorry for what he did, he knows she can never forgive him, neither can Theo. But they don't have to worry about him any more. This is goodbye.
Ciara gets the message, tells Hope, who says call him right now. She does, Chase answers. She wants him to come back to the cabin, he can't. He admits he is at home, took the ferry back.
Ciara is talking fast, reminding him of when they met, and she kicked him in the shins, and it WAS bullying him, but they became friends, got past it, and they can do the same with this. She wants to talk to him, he says he is leaving. She begs him to stay, is not mad at him, he finally agrees to stay. She will be there as soon as she can.

Deimos offers Maggie his condolences, she thanks him, he leaves. She starts to question Victor, who says never mind him, this day is all about Daniel.

In the park area, Claire is effusively thanking Eve for believing in her, helping her not to give up. She sees others doing that, dioesn't want to do that herself. Big hugs. Here comes Belle, who spots them, stands watching.

Kayla is pounding on the walls and doors of her prison room, yelling for help.

Ava is not too keen on taking Steve's word that he will go with her, leave Kayla & Joey, she knows he loves Kayla not her. Why should she believe him. He says she is right, those are just words, and kisses her, she is kissing him back.

Just for reference.......in re: ice fishing...

220px-Ice_fishing_in_miljoonapilkki_fishing_competition.jpg
479365147-ice-fishing-hole-and-rod-gettyimages.jpg

It may be a new month, but the Salem insanity rolls on and on. Over at the Horton cabin, Hope seems remarkably chipper for a woman who recently murdered the biggest villain in Salem history and is almost assuredly on Andre's to-do list. Over at the Johnson home, there was Steve not only running up the white flag, but proving his sincerity by laying a big, wet one on Ava. (Perhaps, Sami could send him a complimentary bottle of Truly Radiant to wash out his mouth.) Then in the Town Square, there was Deimos defiling the sacred Love Doctor memorial by his mere presence, and making major-league threats against Victor. What makes him think that Salem's biggest grouch won't have him removed from the land of the living before the clock strikes midnight? (After all, Victor was all set to have Xander crossed off the list of living members of the Kiriakis family.) Then to complete the insanity, there was Belle glowering at the sight of Eve and Claire sharing a happy moment. Apparently, the make-believe lawyer can't stand the sight of happiness. Finally a few questions: 1) If Deimos was in jail and apparently without funds, how could he afford to keep Philly K. under long-term, 24-7 surveillance? and 2) since when does the Horton cabin have showers? If EJ and Abigail had known this, their health club tryst would have been shower event number two.

I did like that Hope did act motherly today. Boo about Chase being the text bully, I was even almost hoping he was covering for someone. Not like that story line would work, either, just as out there.

Deimos sure is hell bent on revenge. He's nice to look at though!

There goes the idea that the phone/texts were a setup, or a mistake, or something else. YUCK. Fail on all levels. (And extra FAIL for making Teen Ciara try to act more than one emotion in a scene. She's not ready for that yet.) And I'm sorry...but sending a mean text or twelve is NOT the same as attempting to murder your wife!! (And let's not even mention how dumb it is that Fancy Face didn't learn about Aiden's DiMera debt!!)

Speaking of FAIL on all levels - How many places could Ava have stashed Kayla in the <1 Salem day she was missing? Wouldn't it have to be within an hour or so of Salem? Give me a break! I hope this mess ends QUICKLY and Ava ends up like the similarly-named (and even less likable) Eve on the old Dark Shadows show...strangled and stuffed in a closet, then burnt up and swept away, never to be spoken of again!!! (And this from someone who has seen enough death on Days!!!)

626-dark-shadows-eve-closet.jpg

Ciara has gotten stupid since she got older. We all knew Chase was the
bully and she didn't :)

I wonder why Rafe didn't wear gloves outside. He was trying to warm his
hands after they fished. It was funny when Rafe said he can't cook and
they both called for the kids.

I thought of Harry Potter and Slytherin (one of the groups in the movie)
when I saw the snake on the wall.

An interesting story Philip told Belle. Will Belle keep his secret or will
she gossip to someone about it?

Ava better hurry back to where Kayla is. I think Kayla was pounding
on the door to go the ladies LOL

Really what was the point of bringing up cyber-bulling if they really weren't going to deal with it. I mean do Chase's texts really amount to anything worse then little kids taunting each other by saying "you look like a monkey and smell like one too?" (Come to think of it I don't think I've actually heard little kids do that but that's beside the point.) I mean what Chase was doing certainly wasn't nice but I don't see it as life-scarring as this kind of thing can be. Heck everybody was upset about it EXCEPT for Theo.

It kind of makes me think of a couple years when Human Trafficking was the hot topic in the media and "General Hospital" introduced a baddie known as "The Balkan" whose identity was played up to be this big mystery and much like Chase when it was revealed if was rather anticlimatic. Anyway "The Balkan" was so gosh darned evil that he was involved in the human traffic business. The show didn't actually deal with that but just mentioned it to be topical. And that in my opinion that's Days has done in this case they just decided to do this little thing and call it cyber-bulling because it seems relevant but they weren't really going to delve into it. I just don't see the point.

I just don't see the point.
I don't see the point, either, Troy. And I was really hoping they'd be more clever. (I'm running out of hope that they'll surprise us as to the reason...but I can still hope for a day or two that Chase did it to bring Theo and Ciara closer.)

Does anyone think Victor would be upset with Philip? Maybe for a second, yes...but ultimately, he'd defend Philip even if Philip intentionally murdered the girl in his hotel room. That's always been the kind of character Victor is. This blackmail makes no sense.

What Philip is afraid of, is that Deimos will tell The Chicago Police that the girl died in Philip's room. Thus that Captain would make sure Philip would "fry". He is not afraid of his father knowing, it is the Chicago police. And Deimos obviously doesn't care if Philip goes to the electric chair, because that would hurt Victor very much, which would please Deimos.

I do think that perhaps Deimos has been out of jail for a while, biding his time, having Phil watched, looking to "pounce". And, he probably had money before prison, so could pay to have Victor, Philip watched, and their "doings" reported back to him.

I am surprised, though that he did not pick on Brady? I mean Brady lived with Vic,was very vulnerable with his booze & alcohol addictions, then Theresa, Tate. Or did he want to stay away from John?

And it really is tooo sad that the cyber bully was, indeed, Chase. It seemed so obvious, which is why folks kept hoping they were wrong, that it was a red herring. Alas. What a let down.

Thanks for the summary. I agree withe everyone else---wish Chase being the bully was a red herring. What a let down from the writers. And this could've been a good, realistic storyline that could've led to Theo being depressed, needing to see Marlena, police getting involved. But instead, nothing will probably come from it. Hope & Rafe were funny with the fish in the cabin, I'll give this that much.

At LAST we get to see where Kayla is! But this Patch/Ava stuff at the end reeks of the 2013 storyline where John wanted to seduce Kristen so Brady wouldn't marry her. I know it isn't exactly the same, but just as nasty and I can't see it ending well. This storyline is going downhill.

More bickering between Deimos and Victor? Yawn, but at least he was nice enough to give his condolences to Maggie. And interesting to hear the background of his blackmail of Philip. I'm hoping John will come to his rescue, not that I really like Philip anyways, but he doesn't deserve to be punished for something he never did. As for Belle, she needs to stop getting mad at her daughter working with Eve on her singing. If Belle won't be there for her, she should be glad her daughter has an encouraging mentor that is furthering her singing interests. Really, that part was one of the few bright spots of the show today.

Back