Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 12, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 12, 2018

Carrie comes to see Hope, insisting her parents be freed of all charges, since Gabi has been arrested for Andre's murder. Hope explains until Trask decides what she is going to do, she cannot do this, but assures no charges against Roman at all. Investigation is ongoing. Carrie starts to leave, Hope stops her, gives her invite to the wedding. (Post office loses out here, no mailing of these). Carrie recalls telling Rafe that Sami told her all about their encounter, but claims aloud she was only going over Austin's schedule. (Hope says the wedding is March 1st.) No, Carrie doesn't have a problem with the fact Rafe was once married to Sami, all is good, she is happy for Hope, and for Rafe.

Justin has come to be with Gabi when Melinda Trask arrives to give her decision. Gabi is insisting she is innocent, Melina comes in, is charging with 1st degree murder, means, motive and opportunity galore. Justin argues, Gabi argues, but Melinda doesn't care. She is sure she can convict, and Gabi has killed before. Justin figures she is still sore that Gabi got out of prison early on a technicality for killing Nick Fallon.

Trask denies this, goes on about how she has a good case, but....to save the state a lot of money, and the victim's family a lot of grief, if Gabi pleads guilty to manslaughter, she will only serve around 9 yrs., will be out in time to see daughter graduate, instead of life in prison on the Murder One charge. Gabi refuses, she raised her daughter to be honest, and she will not plead guilty to something she did not do. No dice. O.K. That offer walks out the door with me. Trask leaves, Gabi tells Justin she is fighting this all the way.

Abby is having a bad dream about going into Andre's office, pulling down the yellow tape, (wearing a really ugly flowered dress) finding the urn, sticking her fingers in, encountering ashes, getting upset, and then someone comes with the lid. She screams, Chad wakes her up, hugs, and dream telling, reassurances, etc. etc.

Rafe & Eli come to visit Stefan, who is just off the phone with Mr. Shin, assuring him Gabi Chic will make millions for the company. (That Mr. Shin sure does bug the DiMera household a lot, lol). They want answers, figure it rather convenient the security footage stops right at the time Andre is killed. Stefan does his usual denials, excuses, etc. but the cops are not all that happy with what has gone down. Chad & Abby walk in (don't much care for this dress either, but at least it is a solid color) and listen to the baloney being spewed out.

They note Andre's phone is missing, Kate says he had it in the house Stefan has no idea, Abby says she will look around the house. Rafe figures it must have something incriminating on it. Stefan insists he had not talked to Andre since breakfast, that he had asked Gabi to dinner, but she declined, notes that Abby was there, and that was the last he saw of Gabi. Abby confirms this, the cops ask if there is anything more she remembers from when she saw Gabi later. Abby is hesitant, Chad nudges her, better tell them, so Abby reports that Gabi said she will kill Andre, something many folks say in anger. Both Chad and Abby say they believe Gabi is innocent. Stefan has claimed to have to go to office for conference call, and has left.

Rafe & Eli are going to continue digging up evidence, leave. Abby says she had better go to the office, press release, kiss, and bye.

Kate carries a single red rose, is about to enter the mausoleum when Lucas appears, looking for Will. (gosh he looks good!). He thought maybe Will was with Kate, but she figures Will doesn't really know her, Andre, so why would he come to be with her. Lucas is there, will listen, they walk a little bit, she yammers about telling Andre she loved him, and now he is gone. More in that vein. Lucas tells Kate he decided to move on, asked someone out. When asks who, and he says Chloe, she goes ballistic. He reminds her she poisoned Chloe, she claims there was no proof. But then he tells of the job at Vienna opera, which calms Kate down, she hopes Chloe stays in Vienna forever.

John is at the hospital with Marlena, was evidently gone all night, supposedly on a big new case, and he cannot talk about it. He is troubled, Marlena can easily see that, but talks of being surprised John thought the new case more important than his friend's life. She notes Steve may not pull through this, since they cannot identify what the problem is. John does tell her that if he was in that hospital bed, and Steve was out on that case, Steve would have done exactly what John did. He urges Marlena to go home, get some rest, he will stay with Steve.

Justin tells Gabi he has good news, her bail has been posted, she is free to leave, go see Arianna. Nope, no idea who posted it. Later in the park, she is on the phone with Sonny, making arrangements about Arianna, along comes Chad. He is the one who posted her bail, does believe she is innocent, and he just knows she is being framed.

Rafe is with Hope, determined to find out who killed Andre, get Gabi out of jail. He mention they will have to know what Trask is going to do. Hope gets a text, looks downhearted. Trask already has.

Kate convinces Lucas she prefers to go into the mausoleum alone, wants to talk to Andre, though usually he talks back. But there are things she wants to tell him. Go find Will, see you later. She enters alone, looks up, is startled, gasps as she takes a half step back.

Stefan is in his office, opens a locked drawer, taking out a phone, laughing that it is password locked, then laughing even more as he guesses the password is phoenix, it is, and he cannot believe Andre would use it. He listens to the phone conversation he & Andre had, wherein he said he was coming down to talk to Andre in his office. (I think it was about Gabi, Gabi Chic). He turns around to see Abby entering.

John gets Marlena to go home, rest, etc. He is alone, no one around after she leaves, goes to the door to Steve's room. He pulls a hypodermic needle from up his sleeve, looks, shoves it back up the sleeve, then pushes open the door to Steve's room.

I like the fact they didn't reveal what happened to Paul and Will. It's so rare that they keep us guessing anymore. Speaking of guesses: mine is that Paul and Will are sipping Mai Tais on a beach somewhere in the South Pacific, under guard, of course.

Gabi: My prediction from Friday that DA Melinda Trask and I are not going to get along is thus far proving correct. :angry:

I'm going to preface what I'm to say by admitting that my legal expertise derives from watching "Law & Order" and "Perry Mason" re-runs. I've also read some of the courtroom thrillers of Micheal Connelly and John Grisam, as well as many of the True Crime works of the late Ann Rule. And oh yeah I've also played "Law & Order" computer games. Thus concludes my resume. :back:

All of this "experience" leads me to say that I just don't see how D.A. Trask believes she has enough to file murder one charges. She has some key card swipes of and video footage of someone who from the the back kinda-sorta (though not really, in my opinion) looks like Gabi entering and leaving Andre's office. She doesn't have the coat which I would assume may have blood spatters and she doesn't have the lid to the urn. I think to call her case "circumstantial" may be over generous.

As far as Gabi's admittedly unfortunate remark about "killing Andre" is concerned I would think that would as inadmissible as heresay.

As far as Gabi standing up to the DA goes, what can I say other than, YOU GO GIRL!! :clap::clap::clap: I adore feisty Gabi!

As far as Stefan goes so, he has Andre's cell phone and judging from his voice mail seems like he was lying to Gabi about not knowing about Andre's intention to fire her. I'm not surprised. The plot thickens.

Last edited:
I thought that convo on phone was about him going to see Andre the day/evening of the murder???Which would show Stefan to be lying that he did not speak to Andre that day.

Vivian has already said something about them being in the room with "Andre's dead body".

Yes, the message on the phone was about Andre staying late the night of the murder. Stefan said he wanted to talk about his plans for Gabi Chic. He had heard that Andre had fired Gabi. When Gabi asked him to reinstate her, he had claimed to know nothing about the firing.

Thanks Poirot for this detailed summary. I caught the last 10 minutes on break and this summary helps fill in the gaps. John looked reluctantly guilty as he took the syringe into the hospital room.

Thanks for the summary. This does sound like a good episode. As Troy stated, it's nice that they left the audience guessing a la Paul & Will. I do feel that the episode would've been better as a Friday cliffhanger; was it originally supposed to be? In any case, there was a lot going on, and it was entertaining.

Abby is having a bad dream about going into Andre's office, pulling down the yellow tape, (wearing a really ugly flowered dress) finding the urn, sticking her fingers in, encountering ashes, getting upset, and then someone comes with the lid. She screams, Chad wakes her up, hugs, and dream telling, reassurances, etc. etc.

Could Abby have killed Andre? Or, do the writers just want us the viewers to maybe think she did? Strange dream to be having.

Gabi: My prediction from Friday that DA Melinda Trask and I are not going to get along is thus far proving correct. :angry:

I'm going to preface what I'm to say by admitting that my legal expertise derives from watching "Law & Order" and "Perry Mason" re-runs. I've also read some of the courtroom thrillers of Micheal Connelly and John Grisasm, as well as many of the True Crime works of the late Ann Rule. And oh yeah I've also played "Law & Order" computer games. Thus concludes my resume. :back:

All of this "experience" leads me to say that I just don't see how D.A. Trask believes she has enough to file murder one charges. She has some key card swipes of and video footage of someone who from the the back kinda-sorta (though not really, in my opinion) looks like Gabi and entering and leaving Andre's office. She doesn't have the coat which I would assume may have blood spatters and she doesn't have the lid to the urn. I think to call her case "circumstantial" may be over generous.

As far as Gabi's admittedly unfortunate remark about "killing Andre" is concerned I would think that would as inadmissible as heresay.
You're on target, Troy, Melinda is headed for another embarrassing defeat. in addition to all the other holes in her case, she also has no fingerprints or DNA on the urn. As for Gabi's saying that she'll kill Andre, it's a mere utterance. It can be offered into evidence only to show that Gabi actually said it, not to prove anything. As for other characters:

Justin: For somebody who isn't much of a lawyer, he keeps winning cases because the other side is even worse. Apart from emphasizing all the holes in darling Melinda's supposed case, he can:
  • put the victim, Andre, on trial. By the time Justin finished, people would want to give his killer a medal;
  • have Gabi weep on cue, which will make her a highly sympathetic defendant;
  • tug at the jury's heartstrings by having a sad-looking Arianna sit in the spectator's section.
Rafe & Eli: Why did they bother questioning Stefan Zero? He'll never give them a straight answer. Instead, they should get search warrants for the entire DiMansion and DiOffices.

Lucas: It was good to see him in fine fettle and standing by his grieving mother despite all the rotten things she's done to him over the years.

Carrie: She should wipe that odd expression off her face when it comes to the Rafe-Hope wedding. Anybody who was lusting after Rafe as much as she was has no call to look askance at his one-night stand with Sami, which came after Hope dumped him.

Thanks DrBakerFan. It's good to know the hours spent playing "Law & Order" games weren't in vain. Although, I have to say from what I've seen of D.A. Trask, compared to her I kind of feel like a modern day Clarence Darrow. LOL

I should add for the benefit of those that may not get the reference: Clarance Darrow was a well-known well not just well known but probably the preeminent criminal defense attorney of his day which was the twenties and thirties.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

Interesting flashback with John. We saw him put his (?) wallet in his pocket.
Then we see a wallet on the ground. Does it belong to Will since Lucas
is looking for him?

Odd dream Abigail had. She had dream with Gabi wearing coat and holding the lid
of the urn. I'm keeping Abby on my suspect list. Maybe she's has multiple

personality disorder. What will she do when she finds out Chad paid Gabi's bail?

Nice seeing Melinda Trask today. They could have done the scenes
without her. I think Justin is correct that Trask is upset Gabi got out of
jail after killing Nick.

Lil0, I hope John has the antidote for Steve too,

I like the fact they didn't reveal what happened to Paul and Will. It's so rare that they keep us guessing anymore. Speaking of guesses: mine is that Paul and Will are sipping Mai Tais on a beach somewhere in the South Pacific, under guard, of course.

I'm going to preface what I'm to say by admitting that my legal expertise derives from watching "Law & Order" and "Perry Mason" re-runs. I've also read some of the courtroom thrillers of Micheal Connelly and John Grisasm, as well as many of the True Crime works of the late Ann Rule. And oh yeah I've also played "Law & Order" computer games. Thus concludes my resume. :back:

All of this "experience" leads me to say that I just don't see how D.A. Trask believes she has enough to file murder one charges. She has some key card swipes of and video footage of someone who from the the back kinda-sorta (though not really, in my opinion) looks like Gabi entering and leaving Andre's office. She doesn't have the coat which I would assume may have blood spatters and she doesn't have the lid to the urn. I think to call her case "circumstantial" may be over generous.

As far as Gabi standing up to the DA goes, what can I say other than, YOU GO GIRL!! :clap::clap::clap: I adore feisty Gabi!

As far as Stefan goes so, he has Andre's cell phone and judging from his voice mail seems like he was lying to Gabi about not knowing about Andre's intention to fire her. I'm not surprised. The plot thickens.
Wouldn't there have to be a grand jury hearing to see if there enough evidence to charge Gabi? The DA tries the case once it goes to trial. Not make a judgment.

My understanding of the process, and DrBakerFan please feel free to correct me if I get this wrong, is the D.A. files charges which go the grand jury. The grand jury then votes on whether or not to indict, which is called a "true bill." Then when that happens, the case moves forward to trial.

Unfortunately for Gabi, in this case, an indictment isn't hard to get. There's a famous quote by a Supreme Court Justice *I don't which one* that a "grand jury will indict a ham sandwich."

There's a famous quote by a Supreme Court Justice *I don't which one* that a "grand jury will indict a ham sandwich."
Besides being poor grammar, that line doesn't seem to make sense. Attempted to look it up, but could find no record
???????

The reason why you couldn't find anything on the quote, Poirot, is because I got it wrong. My apologies.

The quote came not from a Supreme Court Justice like I thought, but a New York judge named Sol Wachler. The full quote is actually "If a district attorney wanted, a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich."

What it refers to is the fact that in a grand jury hearing there is no judge, no defense attorney and the D.A. can decide what evidence is included or omitted. Since the DA has so much control it is very easy for them get an indictment. Why the judge used a ham sandwich for his analogy is anybody's guess but his point was a D.A. can put anything before a grand jury and get an indictment.

I hope that makes it a little clearer.:)

Last edited:
Odd dream Abigail had. She had dream with Gabi wearing coat and holding lid
of the urn. I'm keeping Abby on my suspect list. Maybe she's has multiple

personality disorder. What will she do when she finds out Chad paid Gabi's bail?

I have suspected Abby all along. This is my speculation that she still has unresolved feelings when Chad and Gabi were involved and if she does have another personality, she may have disguised herself as Gabi with a wig and Gabi's coat and confronted Andre. Her over the top mourning and dreams she keeps having has made it clear that she feels some sort of guilt towards Andre's death and her memory has blocked it off.

However, I think the setup to make the police and the DA think it was Gabi has to do with Stefan. He may have realized what Abby did (with the missing security footage) and had the part showing the murderer's face erased so that the clueless cops would think it's Gabi in the video.

LOL, thanks Troy for the explanation......glad I am not the only one who doesn't always remember exactly. :)

Gabi's coat, the lid to the urn, and Gabi's elevator pass are all still missing, nowhere to be found. Just have hard time figuring Abby would leave, dispose of those things, etc.

Vivian & Stefan have talked of having gone into that office "with Andre's dead body" in it. That is how Stefan got Andre's phone. And why he erased some of the security footage. Abby may have come there, seen something, and blocked it from her mind, yes. Because of her past with Ben. She is overly attached to Andre because of him helping her when she ran away from the sanitarium, but actually, he was using her to insert himself into the DiMera family and business. It all worked.
When Abby returned, she defended Andre at every turn, no matter what he did. And she continues even in his death.

Maybe she overheard something, something which smashed her illusion of the nice, wonderful Andre, and then perhaps HEARD him being killed??? Well, we will find out sometime. Sooner than we might expect.

Back