Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 12, 2018

Someone on here made a comment recently about Abby saying to Gabi that she wished she could be more like her. Ron C. was a writer on One Life to Live and a big storyline throughout that show's history was dissociative identity disorder with Vicki and her daughter Jessica.

Add to what Poirot said recently about the security camera footage did not look like Gabi but rather someone dressed up as her and a discussion surrounding that, Abigail's comment about Gabi, Abigail already has some mental illnesses, perhaps Ron C (head writer) is bringing in multiple personality disorder storylines. Just speculation and a discussion I had with my husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys are on to something with the Abby angle. I thought it was strange the time that Abby and Gabi were in Gabi's 'office' and they did a close up of the yellow coat and Gabi mentioned the wigs and they did a close up of those too. And they were all of straight long hair.

At the time I thought, why are they focusing on the coat and wigs?

Thanks DrBakerFan. It's good to know the hours spent playing "Law & Order" games weren't in vain. Although, I have to say from what I've seen of D.A. Trask, compared to her I kind of feel like a modern day Clarence Darrow. LOL
What it refers to is the fact that in a grand jury hearing there is no judge, no defense attorney and the D.A. can decide what evidence is included or omitted. Since the DA has so much control it is very easy for them get an indictment. Why the judge used a ham sandwich for his analogy is anybody's guess but his point was a D.A. can put anything before a grand jury and get an indictment.
I hope that makes it a little clearer.:)
You're right on both points, Troy. A grand jury hearing is far more relaxed than a jury trial. As for Melinda, as previously noted, she's headed for another defeat if the case goes to trial. Justin would poke so many holes in her case that it would resemble Swiss cheese. And because Andre had so many enemies, Justin could also posit all sorts of credible alternative scenarios for his murder. Of course, Melinda doesn't have a chance -- she's prosecuting a popular member of the Salem in-crowd. (She's in the same position as the hapless D.A. Hamilton Burger, who prosecuted Perry Mason's clients and never won a single conviction.) If Gabi's trial ever gets far enough for the jury to deliver a not-guilty verdict, the spectators will be showering her with bouquets of flowers.

Am I a terrible person in thinking that Justin and Melinda Trask would make a fantastic couple (if she could stop being a one-dimensional hard-as-nails lawyer, and we could see her let her hair down a little. Get her in the pub, make her personable)

Back