Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 13, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 13, 2017

Let's get right down to the nitty gritty. Shane & Steve talk about the success of their plan going over most of the details. A created flashback showing Shane telling Steve how he wants to help Hope, not fair, etc. etc. (black & white). So, it seems they dug up Stefano's body, replaced it with another corpse, which they knew would start an investigation. Steve praises Shane for the success of his disguise, as Shane complains about how itchy the beard was, how difficult to wear the "fat" suit. They have a beer as the compliment themselves, having managed to get Stefano's DNA & fingerprints into Prague, how all was going well til Anna barged in waving her gun & Tony around. Steve took a bullet, but lucky she is such a bad shot, she might have killed Shane. They figure Judge Fitzpatrick will have to recind the sentence, Hope will go free, etc. etc. Both are so happy to have been able to pull this off, but are the only 2 people who know, and this can never come out to anyone. (No, the ISA has no idea about this, not at all)

Back in Salem, Abe & Valerie are in the square, going to have dinner, he seems distracted, (she is in a summer dress...what is with these Salemites dressing like it is 80 above outside in mid winter?). Abe finally asks Valerie if she is seeing another guy, no she is not. He admits a couple of Theo's comments is what got him wondering, she protests he is the only man she is seeing, and with all her hospital hours, there is not even enough time. He asks who the "sweetheart" & "dear" were on the phone, was her son, of course. Abe realizes she is right, apologizes for even asking. Now she tells him that she is returning to D.C., has a life there, has to get back to it. Her, her son, etc. He asks if her son could move to Salem, she snaps at him, NO, no way, then is sorry for doing so. Eli is a grown man, has his own life, no, he cannot move to Salem. She is sorry, didn't mean to get involved with Abe, since she knew she would be leaving Salem at some point.

Abby brings a cold cloth for the forehead of the unconscious Dario. He comes to, won't go back to hospital, or let her call for help. He blames himself for Gabi & Chad being kidnapped, mentions the hit he put on Deimos. She is shocked, but assures him it was not what he did, then talks of the technology device, & Deimos holding hostages to get the key, etc. She tells Dario he has to calm down, no more violence, as he talks of wanting to impress his dad, who was not happy at all at Dario ordering the hit. Myron returns, will get back to work, Abby suggests they go to the kitchen, get food for Dario. He very nicely tells Myron this is so important, and if he is successful, his family will owe him big time.

Later, Dario & Abby sit in the square, Myron comes along, is frustrated, has not been able to do anything with the program. Dario is about to start complaining, Abby reminds him Myron is tired, asks Myron to keep trying. She has to leave, and when gone, Myron praises her, Dario agrees.

Jen comes back to where Drew is, could not get into the Kmansion, he talks of her son being a detective, could he not do something. Of course, Jen rushes out. At the cop shop, Roman is talking to Lani & JJ about Stefano being alive, Hope will go free. JJ wants the announcement to be made now, Raines comes in, says no, judge has not ruled, she is still a fugitive until the judge says different. Diplomatic Roman suggests that Raines has lots of paper work to do, and JJ & Lani need to get started on other cases. Raines leaves, Roman wants to talk to JJ privately, so Lani takes off. He quietly warns JJ that if he wants to be a good detective, he cannot let his family/friendships get in the way of what he is doing. He mentions his mom on the Spectator, ex-girlfriend, Gabi, couple other items, telling him he cannot let any of it prevent him from doing his job. Jen has come in, overhears this, tries to leave. Roman is gone, JJ spots her, calls her back, she pretends she only came to visit her son at work, wish him well. She leaves, returns to Drew, calls Adrienne to come over, she needs help.

Eric returns to the farmhouse, has a laptop for Hope. She asks why he has this pic of Jennifer. He starts to explain, but only that they came together after the accident, he was drowning himself in the bottle...he won't talk anymore. Hope lets him know that Jen went into rehab, is clean, doing well. Eric is glad, says she wrote him letters while he was in prison, but he never read them. Hope says he should have. Hug. Now she gets to work on the laptop, and of course, manages to hack into Hattie's company's system, gets to see the security footage, and there is Andre going into the accounting office, with a bouquet of flowers for Hattie. Gotcha. Eric figures that is not enough, Hope says he is right. She is going to do more hacking, into the finances.

JJ & Lani talk over something JJ has heard, that Deimos is holding Chad & Gabi. That necklace he found WAS Gabi's, he thought perhaps she lost it, but the Kmansion must be where they were taken. Lani figures Gabi dropped it as a clue, JJ has that search warrant which is still good, off they go.

Adrienne arrives, is shocked to see Shane, learns it is Drew, Jen fills her in on the entire story, Orwell, the key, and Drew is it. They have to get one computer out of Titan so Drew can get the virus in. No one can know. Adrienne jumps up, has to stop "her", opens the door, there is Anne, babbling as usual, willing to do whatever to help, for whatever it is. Handshake to Drew, Hi, I am Anne.

Back to Prague, Steve & Shane continuing their gloating over the success of their plot. Shane begins looking at pictures from the CCTV cameras around town, complaining of how he had to walk around to make sure the cameras caught him. Walking down the street, in the cafe, various things......and then, he comes across one feeding the pigeons in the park. Steve figures it is a good shot of Stefano feeding the pigeons. Only Shane says he never went to that park, and certainly NEVER fed any pigeons. Steve suggests that perhaps the person just looks like Stefano. It could happen. Both men look a bit shocked. Could it be?

Thanks Poirot. A few things, isn't it funny that Eric is telling Hope, THE COP, that she doesn't have enough to get Andre.

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ROMAN?!?!? Of all people telling JJ that he needs to separate his family from the job. Guess it is a do as I say, not as I do scenario.

I for one am very disappointed at this outcome. First it appears Hope really did kill Stefano but all her friends wanted to free her anyway. and now there is a picture of Stefano feeding pigeons. Thought we had a resolution though I was not happy with it and now maybe Stefano really is alive!? That deserves more explanation. And they did take Stefano's body out of the grave. I don't know a lot about decomposition so maybe it didn't look like him at that point? But my point is always there is a body! ugh this whole story is so crazy. I know the writers want Hope out of prison but here's a suggestion - don't have her murder someone in the first place!

And Eric and Jennifer. I am not liking them maybe being paired. I just almost feel like they are related. I know they aren't but I guess because they've been around so long.

I thought that when Steve went to see Shane, Shane was still in prison garb and was in the midst of removing his Stefano make-up. I thought the whole Stefano thing was just Shane and Steve colluding to get Hope off, and out of prison.
On Friday, that's what was happening. It showed Shane with his own face, but removing the denim shirt and fat suit.

In today's flashback, it appears he started removing the facial part of his disguise right in the jail cell.

@ robinsnest, This is Days magic, it's very powerful. It has the power to change world events or cause a smart person to become incredibly dumb, as we have seen on this show. So stay clear from any whiff of it, please? LOL.

Has Anne ever met Shane?

I did like that we got Shane/Steve scenes but I do not like this plot twist at all. Since when did everyone in Salem become so indebted to Hope? I'm tired of so many characters being thrown under the bus just to make Hope look good. The entire show today was about Hope aside from the handful of Orwell scenes. This is why a lot of people didn't like Daniel. Now they are going down the same path with Hope. Character overload doesn't work.

I was honestly shocked Hope had a conversation about not 1 but 2 people aside from herself: Hattie and Jennifer. Too bad those 2 people couldn't be her children.

I also think the flashbacks from the alley were newly created as I'm pretty sure Shane wasn't in a leather jacket the first time.

I think it was Griffith who had Hope killing Stefano (perhaps that bit is what caused Dena to take a "leave of absence" from the show.......until Griffith was gone??? )

While this was certainly a different way to get Hope out of prison, it would have been preferable to have gone a different route. But they wanted her record expunged........but they have not explained (to the court) about the dead body in the grave. LOL

But.......I will give props for the idea that has now been generated......that Stefano really IS still alive......Maybe! LOL, fake Stefano is the grave, Shane & Steve dig the body up, deposit another fake one. The irony. Wonder how you get a 2nd body in the same state of decomposition.

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ROMAN?!?!? Of all people telling JJ that he needs to separate his family from the job. Guess it is a do as I say, not as I do scenario.
It was definitely a case of do as I say, not as I do, but it was good advice for somebody who's working as a detective in a snakepit like Salem. A few other Salemites could have used some advice.

Jenny: 1) The next time you go out, get Drew a clean t-shirt; and 2) stay out of the police station. What young cop wants his mother nosing around there? It'd be embarrassing.

Steve & Shane: 1) You shouldn't have been so smug about your Stefano plot. With all the lies and the mishandling of a not-so-fresh dead body (yuck), you were being Stefano-like yourselves; and 2) if you want Judge Fitzpatrick to free the undeserving Hope, get somebody to tear the page out of her copy of the Criminal Code that includes "attempted murder."

Dr. Grant: Tell your son to stay far, far away from Salem. To borrow the old song lyric, "It's been the ruin of many a poor boy."

Abigail: Limit your concern to your poor husband. Dario is a thieving, homicidal thug who is undeserving of anyone's sympathy.

Back