Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 13, 2017

On The Bold and The Beautiful, an actress died in 2007. They've kept the character alive by occasionally mentioning that she's on an exotic island, sipping tropical drinks and eyeing up handsome cabana boys. It's a nice way to keep the character alive and honor the actress who portrayed her.

It's too bad they didn't tape one final scene with Joe Mascolo (Stefano) maybe sitting on a private jet, smoking a cigar, holding a snifter of brandy, laughing his classic Stefano laugh. Then having the Salemites never knowing if he's dead or alive and always looking over their shoulders.

I love Drew. I really do love Drew, and that crazy unkempt hair of his.

It's funny I thought Shane had similar unkempt hair today. Not as extreme as Drew but enough that I thought the show did it on purpose.

Re: Abe/Valerie I really want to care but I just don't. They air like every other week and they seem to talk about the same stuff on repeat. Up until now, it's been all about her staying in Salem with brief mentions of her son. The stakes need to be higher and they need to air more often for me to care. Same goes for Adrienne's cancer story or her suitors. We hardly ever see her dealing with any of it.

I think Hope killing Stefano may have been the tail end of Josh Griffith's material before it transitioned back to Dena.

Someone brought the point up the other day, and that point was that Shane could break all these laws, scheme and lie, to get Hope out of jail for a crime she did commit, but just waved buh bye to Theresa, his daughter, and let a manic drug lord take her out of the country, away from her son and family, to live as his slave.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, poor, poor, poor, lazy writing! I understand that the actress wanted to leave the show, and that they wanted to leave the door open for a return, but come on. I would've rather seen her hit her head and go to a Boston hospital in a coma, or run away to join the circus!

But no, instead they make Shane look like an uncaring father who can only play hero for poor wittle Hope. Sorry, I'm irritated in case you can't tell. I am going to blame my mood on being up for over 36 hours straight, with horrible strep throat pain.

With Joe Mascolo gone there is no chance of Stefano coming back.
That isn't necessarily true. Another actor could play the role with the explanation that Stefano's face was somehow disfigured. I hope, however, that the role isn't recast. Stefano was well past his expiration date long ago.

Today was my turn to have the show interrupted by a news conference.

I like Drew better than Shane. Can Drew stay in Salem?

It was funny when Adrienne opened the door and Anne just walked in.

Roman, oh Roman. Have you forgotten how many times you fixed things while you
were a cop? Roman is still keeping Joey's secret.

I'm not happy with Shane and Steve and what they did to help Hope. I did enjoy
the part when they found a picture and Shane said it wasn't him. Could it be? :)

Did anyone else notice the door behind them wasn't closed all the way? Maybe
it was a set mistake.

It's too bad they didn't tape one final scene with Joe Mascolo (Stefano) maybe sitting on a private jet, smoking a cigar, holding a snifter of brandy, laughing his classic Stefano laugh. Then having the Salemites never knowing if he's dead or alive and always looking over their shoulders.

That's exactly the way I would have liked for it to end.

Thanks for the summary, but kind of a bland show. I enjoyed the sound of the Abby-Dario scenes, as well as the truth about Stefano, but the rest of the show easily was filler. Furthermore, the Stefano resolution (or lack thereof) is really unclear. Not a fan of that kind of writing.

He quietly warns JJ that if he wants to be a good detective, he cannot let his family/friendships get in the way of what he is doing.
Yeah, that's only for Bradys, not you scummy Hortons. :sick::sick::sick::sick:
I'm tired of so many characters being thrown under the bus just to make Hope look good.
I'm done with this show for awhile, except on Thursdays. This storyline is idiotic and ruins characters for years to make up for some hacky plot twists. Even the surprise of the twist isn't worth it, though genuine.
Jenny:...stay out of the police station. What young cop wants his mother nosing around there? It'd be embarrassing.
Thank goodness Shawn-D doesn't have to worry about this!!!

I agree about Valerie/Abe, Heather. They're not on enough to care. And aren't they both on contract? As to who wrote what, wasn't Griffith in charge until April or so of last year? Through the rape and Ava's murder and the vandalism and all that trash? I know we don't know "exactly" when, but, that all seems like the kind of filth he writes.

This is a great idea. If Joseph Mascolo was able to do his final Stefano death scene with Hope, they could also have done the scene you describe at the same time. It would be amusing to have Salemites fretting over the possible involvement of the Phoenix every time something bad happens in Salem. Some examples might be:
  • your cat is lost -- Stefano had it catnapped;
  • business is bad at the Pub or TBD -- Stefano is scaring people away with ugly rumors;
  • somebody is kidnapped -- Stefano had them snatched;
  • somebody has a rare disease -- Stefano had them infected them with a mystery virus;
  • your true love ditched you -- Stefano told them you were an unfaithful loser;
  • the price of fish is up -- Stefano is manipulating the supply.
In fact, Roman would probably have all new recruits instructed to be alert for new Stefano crimes and plots. Salemites would probably be so Stefano-obsessed that the true evil-doers like Deimos, Dario, Eduardo, and Xander could fly under the radar at least for a while.

That isn't necessarily true. Another actor could play the role with the explanation that Stefano's face was somehow disfigured. I hope, however, that the role isn't recast. Stefano was well past his expiration date long ago.

I would hope they wouldn't try to recast Stefano. He is irreplaceable. I'm just not liking what they are doing. One minute he's dead then alive then dead then alive again! Enough already. And I hate how EVERYONE will break all these laws to get poor Hope out of prison. I guess I just don't like her that much.

Re: Stefano on a jet. You'd think they could pull out stock footage of this and just insert that as his final scene. Though I would have been fine with him staying in prison and ending him with Marlena saying "Checkmate". They could have gotten a call down the line that he died in prison. If the writers were smart, they would have tied Andre to his disappearance or Kristen and then started a new story from there.

There are a zillion ways this could have been done, and although they surprised us, they chose the laziest, most offensive one. I hope if Days ends in the next two or three years, they'll drop in a Stefano-on-an-island stock scene (like Another World did with their late-season bad guy, Grant Harrison).

I know Days has shown scenes in the past of Stefano, listening to his opera, sipping brandy...silent.....and just one shot of that would make us all happy. But, on Days, Stefano has aged, grown older, and truly, I would have preferred that, to any idea at all that he would have been in Prague. Stefano would not be in Prague. He would be in Italy, somewhere, anywhere......but in Italy.

Back