Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 19, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 19, 2018

Don't miss this episode, if you can help it at all!!! Replay of Friday's endings, but greatly expanded, along with really eerie music. Hubby said all you need now is Bela Lugosi! LOL. Abby is dreaming of Andre's death, with Gabi coming in, all smirks, and Abby saying “you killed him, didn't you? More smirks from Gabi, and Abby shocked as she realizes what Gabi has done. Abby wakes with a start, gets out of bed, sexy long nightgown. She goes downstairs, meanders a bit, then goes into a room/closet/something, closing a seemingly, folding door.

Later, the door open, and she comes out, wearing a dress, a long, black wig, carrying that coat, which she now puts on, then goes back upstairs. She peeks in her room, then enters another bedroom, pulls the urn lid from her pocket, looks at the elevator pass with Gabi's picture on it. She is about to put these items some where, when the light goes on, Stefan comes in, says “Gabi, then Gabi, turn around. Slowly Abby turns, and a shocked Stefan realizes it is Abby. But Abby denies it, says Abigail is her best friend, she loves her so much. (Had the CC on, and it identifies her talking as Gabby) Stefan doesn't understand what is going on, tho is aware she has the lid in her hands, takes it from her, and now Gabby/Abby says he has it in his hands. She talks of her brother being a cop, also her boyfriend, Eli, being one, and Justin being a terrific lawyer, so she figures she will be getting off, but Stef (is what she calls him) will be the suspect.

He starts to say something about knowing she had been mentally ill, but switches to knowing Abigail had been ill. She is rather flirtatious, but admits trying to frame him, he figures she is the one in the footage who went into the room, but she is threatening to tell Chad how Stefan & his mother stole Chad's company. She heard them talking over Andre's dead body, and saw him take Andre's phone from his pocket. She offers to keep quiet about that, just will leave the room, and keep this all just between them. And she leaves the room.

Abby goes downstairs, into that room, and comes out in the nightgown, minus the wig, goes upstairs.

Replay of John attempting to give Steve the antidote, Steve catching him, Kayla & Marlena come in. Steve tells what John was doing, Marlena insisting he would not, but John says, yes, he did. And now tells his tale of being called into Pamela VanDamme's office, told to dispose of Steve, Kayla & Joey, as she had put her career on the line, and Steve letting Joey confess has caused problems. John doesn't think it necessary to off Kayla & Joey, but Pamela figures they will sing like canaries once Steve is dead. Not if John makes it look like natural causes. Kayla starts beating up on John, how dare he, John is insisting he has the antidote, she doesn't believe it, figures more poison. John tells of Billie joining him, getting the antidote, John was only buying time while trying to delay offing Steve.

Pamela threatening to have someone else do it if John refused. Steve half way believes him, stops Kayla from pummeling John any more, then starts having some sort of attack, John urging Kayla to inject Steve, this IS an antidote. She finally does, upset with herself that she has no idea what she just gave Steve, but he does get better.

Meanwhile, Billie has that ISA thug in a body bag, dragging it outside the crypt, when along comes Pamela, At first Billie claims the bag contains John Black, making up a story about him drawing a gun on her, Pamela doesn't fall for it, says John is not reported missing, but the agent following him is, and he probably is in that bag. Billie says go look for yourself, Nope, Pamela figures she bends over, and Billie knocks her out. As Pamela starts to draw her gun, Billie whips hers out, has the drop on Pamela.

Inside, evidently in another room in the crypt, sit Will & Paul, tied to chairs, both unconscious. Will comes to, wakes up Paul, they go over what happened. Will figures John turned rogue, but Paul says no, he fired a shot into the air, then knocked you out. I came in, thought he had shot you, was upset, and he did the same to me. Paul manages to get his hands free, Will marvels at that, says he must have been tied up before, yes a few times. He unties his legs, then frees Will. Both figure they have to get out of there. They come outside, and find Billie laying unconscious on the ground.

Ciara & Tripp return from the bike ride, Tripp saying it was a wild ride, Ciara takes too many chances. They argue in a friendly way, decide to get burgers, take them back to the loft. Later, they have finished the burgers, Ciara decides to go to bed, says good night. Tripp sits on the sofa, knock at the door. He goes to answer, opens, there stands Pamela. Can I help you? Yes, she says, I think you can.

Abby goes upstairs, into her bedroom, smooths her hair, touches her lips (making sure all lipstick is off, smiles, gets into the bed, smiling as she says, good-night Chad, good-night, Gabby. She smiles and lay on the pillow, closes her eyes, then opens them with a start, looks a bit puzzled, (& more like Abby now) as she raises her head, then settles back back, closing her eyes.

This definitely is a can't miss episode. All the acting, dialogue, situations, storylines....Wow. Gabby/Abby kisses Stefan, it takes him a while, but he finally gets that Abigail is not herself, and is actually thinking of herself, and calling herself Gabi Hernandez. He also figures that Abigail killed Andre........(maybe in this other personality phase), she does talk of how Andre stole her company, one she built with her own hands..........it is fascinating to watch Marci Miller (Abby) portray such a different personality, and she does a bang up job doing it.

Billie has told Pamela that she & John assembled a dossier on Pamela, showing massive corruption, murders, etc. and the I has it, Pamela has already been removed from her position, and will be facing charges. John & the rest in the hospital room.....just super stuff as he goes thru all the explanations, especially trying to keep Steve alive, along with Kayla & Joey. Billie even arranged for protection for Joey in the prison.

Just an episode where you do not want to miss a word, a scene, etc.

I thought this was a pretty darn good episode.

Abigail, her alter and Stefan: This played out a lot better than I thought it would. I thought it was interesting how even though Abigail thinks she's emulating Gab,i she's not really like Gabi. The real Gabi doesn't have that level of confidence for one thing, although I think she might be flattered to know that Abigail perceives her as having that. I was skeptical of this story at first, but now I'm willing to get on board the ride and see where it goes. As far as the question of why Abigail's alter would emulate Gabi is concerned, I just chalk it up to Abigail's fractured psyche simply having impeccable taste. LOL

I was surprised to see that Stefan turned down Melinda. I thought he would want to have the D.A. in a position where he could possibly manipulate her. He also surprised me when he told Gabby/Abby that he was calling the police. Is it possible he might have some redeemable qualities after all? I'm a bit worried that he's in possession of the lid. He better not do what I'm afraid he's going to do with it. :angry: *shakes fist*

Tripp and Ciara: Okay, I saw some potential there. I like Tripp and when I see the softer side of Ciara, who's not behaving as though she needs lessons in maturity from Arianna, I think I could grow to like her to. I thought those scenes were actually fun. I laughed out loud at Tripp's line after the motorcycle ride: "After that, I want drop down kiss the ground and go to church." LOL

Paul and Will: The timeline of these scenes confused me a bit because I'm not sure how long they've been out cold. Did the events of last week just take place over the course of a single day?

Last edited:
I like Ciara a lot better than self-absorbed Claire. I an on board with her with Tripp. The soundtrack was off the chain today. Added to the mystic with Abby/Gabby

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a suspicion there was a different reason originally, (perhaps more logical) and it ended up being scrapped for some reason, so this could have been a last stab at plausibility. John had good reasons to do what he did, delayed as much as he could in order to be able to save Steve & his family, plus his own, Billie got brought in.

However, Joey confessed and went to prison some months ago, and it would seem that you know what would have hit the fan in the ISA back then, not nearly a year later. And why kill Steve? Big deal, he did not stop his son from confessing? Exactly how would he do that? Hold him prisoner somewhere? I realize it is probably still Valentine's Day/ or rather night, so it lasted a week, lol, but Joey's been in prison a long time. If it really mattered to VanDamme that much, she would have had Steve & his family killed months ago.

But am guessing, only guessing, the storyline or characters got changed from what was originally planned.

WOW! I can finally say that Days had a great episode.

Laughed out loud when tied up Will recounted the bad things that happened to him in rebuttal to Paul saying Salem was a good place to live.

The whole ISA story is hokey, but I get to see more of John.

I admit that I favored the previous actress who portrayed Abby, but now I've changed my opinion about the "new" one. She definitely hit it out of the ball park today. She changed personalities in nanoseconds even down to facial expressions and the way she moved her body. Simply amazing. So far, I'm seeing 3 different personalities. #1 is Abby. #2 is Gabby. #3 is the one who knows about both of the other 2, and moves back and forth to change in and out of wigs and clothes.

Ciara and Tripp were kind of cute together. At least she wasn't screeching.

Thanks, Poirot.

Troy, I think it's still the same long Salem day that started who knows when.

I'm glad we saw Marlena and John in scenes today. I just wish we could
have seen them have a romantic Valentine's Day.

What are we supposed to call Abby who's dressed as Gabi? Closed captioning
had Gabby.

It was interesting to see Abigail go to the bat cave (the DiMera dungeon?) and
come out wearing a wig and Gabi's coat.

It was confusing when Stefan knew it wasn't Gabi, but she kept saying she was.
I laughed when he said "This is officially weird"

I guess Pamela used Billie's phone to text John. Too bad smartphones aren't
able to let people know who actually sent the text message :)

Happy to see Paul and Will. Paul must have John's super powers since he was
able to break the rope on the chair. I thought the boys would have turned
around and untied each other.

It was funny when Will said "I get the feeling this kind of stuff happens a lot
in Salem"

We have to tune in tomorrow to see what happened to Billie and why
Pamela is the kids' apartment.

The Abibby/StefanNo nonsense is cringe-worthy, though Marci Miller (Abby) did a good job of switching characterizations.

Love Billie in action. I liked the Will/Paul stuff in the crypt, although during the first scene I wanted to slap Will.

The John stuff makes a lot more sense knowing Pamela was going rogue. He had to make it look natural to protect Kayla/Joey, and buy time. That gives it extra rewatch value, which is good.

But am guessing, only guessing, the storyline or characters got changed from what was originally planned.
There's compelling evidence to that point. The Monday left-turn and full confession (as well as the preponderance of exposition) suggest this was a rewrite/redirect. We may never know the truth of the matter.

I really liked Will calling John "my grandfather." I've been especially critical of the lame attempt to distance him from John.

Last edited:
Melinda may not get to prosecute Gabi after all, but she has plenty of other opportunities should the writers deign to give her the chance.
  • Stefano Zero as an accessory after the fact for keeping the urn lid, which is critical evidence
  • Pamela van Damme for the attempted murder of Billie and conspiring to kill Steve, Kayla and Joey
  • John for assaulting and falsely imprisoning Paul and Will, and attempting to murder Steve.
As for John's claim that he was forced to commit his crimes, anywhere but Salem, it wouldn't wash. To successfully plead duress or compulsion, a defendant must show that at the time of the crime charged:
  • 1. there was a present, immediate, or impending threat of death or serious bodily injury to [the defendant] [a family member of the defendant] if the defendant did not [commit] [participate] in the commission of] the crime;
  • 2. the defendant had a well-grounded fear that the threat of death or serious bodily injury would be carried out; [and]
  • 3. the defendant had no reasonable opportunity to escape the threatened harm[.] [; and]
  • 4. the defendant surrendered to authorities as soon as it was safe to do so.
Van Damme's threats did not fit the definition of immediate harm, John would have a tough time trying to explain why he did not have a chance to escape the threatened harm, and he certainly has't surrendered to the authorities.
I was surprised to see that Stefan turned down Melinda. I thought he would want to have the D.A. in a position where he could possibly manipulate her.
Perhaps, the Big Zero realized that relationships can easily go bad in Salem, and the last thing he'd want is an angry ex-lover as the D.A. After all, Stefano only had Judge Karen Fitzpatrick on the payroll, not in his DiMansion bedroom.

The Abibby/StefanNo nonsense is cringe-worthy, though Marci Miller (Abby) did a good job of switching characterizations.

I think the issue for me is that they don't have any chemistry. Not that it matters but the actors also have close to a 20 year age difference. Both have other options on the show. Other than that, great job by Marci Miller (Abby).

I do find it odd that she thinks she is Gabi. That's not really how I've seen multiple personality stories played out in the past. Usually the alter is not someone they know. So the question is, does she have multiple personality disorder, is someone causing this purposely, or is this part of her and Chad's plan? I know we did see what seemed to be an obvious transformation so I'm leaning away from the 3rd option.

It was funny how they didn't show Chad in the bed so they didn't have to pay Billy Flynn (Chad).

Loved the scenes with John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla even through the story seems to be ending just as quickly as it started. Glad we found out about Paul and Will. Too bad Will probably doesn't know Billie is his aunt.

I did like the Tripp/Ciara stuff--it was a nice balance from the darker stuff. But I still like Tripp with Claire.

The John stuff makes a lot more sense knowing Pamela was going rogue. He had to make it look natural to protect Kayla/Joey, and buy time.
I think the plot would have been more interesting if John had told Steve in the beginning what was going on. That way, John could have been seen putting something harmless in Steve's drinks, and he would not have actually gotten sick. I find it hard to believe that John would do this to Steve, even though they haven't been extremely close friends.

TPTB not only changed horses in mid stream with this storyline, but that horse drowned and they came out riding a
*bleep*.png .

Last edited:
@Dr. Baker...I thought VanDamme told John if he did not kill the Johnson family, she would just get someone else, and she wanted it done NOW.....would that not be immediate threat? John seemingly thought fast about not having to do away with Kayla & Joey if Steve's death appeared to be from natural causes, thus buying time. And she did threaten John's family as well. (yes, the writers have played fast and loose with the entire situation, as I honestly do not think John would purposely do any kind of harm to Steve........but then, there is going to be more to this story, ain't over yet!)

Such a great episode! I honestly missed Friday's episode and I'm like what the heck is going on here? A few of my Facebook friends supply me with spoilers and previews, so the "Abby/Gabby" storyline caught me off guard.

So the last episode I saw on Thursday, Gabi was angry with Abby that she was implicated for the murder. My speculation is Abby isn't mental at all, but playing a act in order to get back at Stefan, and out of guilt, to help Gabi. Or it could be to test Stefan, to see how far he will go to be with Abby, even if it means she is someone else, taking advantage of her.

Great acting by Marci Miller (Abby). I kind of like how she played up her voice and spoke "Spanglish" like Gabi runs off on the tongue. Also the actress looks GORGEOUS as a brunette. The dark hair really brings out Marci Miller's (Abby) eyes.

Tripp and Ciara I actually see potential, and they don't bore me as seemingly as did Claire and Theo. Tripp and Ciara both came into town the same way, angry and not listening.

I'm actually surprised that the sole reason why John has to kill Steve is because of the Ava Vitali confession. I already had a feeling in back of my head that was going to be the reason, which is lame, but guess ya don't want to overdo a plot. We got some great scenes with Kayla/Steve/John/Marlena. Awesome episode guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great episode! Now THIS is Sweeps material. Can't wait for today's show! Yes, the ISA plot is a bit hokey and the timeline regarding Paul and Will is a bit weird. However, I'll take what I can get. And it's not like DOOL hasn't had even more ridiculous storylines.

Back