Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 2, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 2, 2015

Sigghhhhh. Jordan goes to see Ben, tells him about Chad admitting he purposely pushed Ben's buttons to make him go after him, and is going to the police to have the charges dropped. She further explains about Rafe kissing her, Chad seeing and misunderstanding. Ben is not accepting this, talks of how Chad is mad at Jordan, but comes after Ben instead. He is appalled she is getting back with Chad, defending him, etc.

Chad does go to the cop shop to get the charges dropped, but John lets him know it is not his call, is up to the DA....who John calls, and who insists on going to trial. John tells Chad they don't do what the DiMeras want. Chad says he will refuse to testify. Nope, he will get called as a hostile witness, and besides both Abe & John saw the entire thing.

JJ meets with sis, Abby, asking her advice about him & Paige. Abby thinks if Paige is the one who has suggested this, go for it. Theresa overhears them, comes out, spitting venom at them both, insulting Abby, along with JJ, how proud their mother would be, blah, blah. Abby leaves before she kills Theresa, who know rants on to loser JJ, no wonder Paige was looking to find out, and thought it was Theresa, and on and on. She tells JJ to stay away from her niece.

Paige is on the phone, talking about getting back with JJ, and the lady all in red, (Eve) hears her, naturally, and has to come and tell her no, no, you can't do that. They argue a bit, but Paige says her mom has no say so. Mom leaves. At school, Paige sees JJ, and immediately goes into her "let's get back together" spiel. JJ tries to get away, but Paige won't take no for an answer. So, she wants to go first, tells him she still loves him, thinks that they can get past all this, that she understands the why of him getting with whosever. JJ keeps trying to say something, is finally successful, and tell Paige he tried to help her, did not want her hurt, tried to avoid this, but she kept pushing and pushing, and the fact is, he is still seeing this person. He never stopped. Paige's face falls. JJ firmly tells her they can NOT get back together.

Eve is texting JJ to "talk" but stops when Theresa comes up. They have a few words, Eve pretends there is something about her royalties, blah, blah. Theresa starts blabbering about JJ and how they should find out who he slept with, and then goes on and on over the girls falling at JJ's feet, hot hot he is, that even Eve has had to notice that. Eve rushes off.

Paul calls Sonny, explains he told his mom and grandfather he won't be playing ball any more. He would like to give his grampa (who got him started in the game) that homer ball. Sonny will bring it over. Will calls Paul, is nearly finished with the article, needs Paul to look it over. He is having a bit of trouble, as he is the journalist, and Paul did not decide to come out til after they were together. Paul agrees to get together. John arrives to tell Will that he & Sonny are probably going to have to testify as to Chad & Ben's previous run in. Will says o.k., confirms that he & Sonny are good, are doing fine. John leaves, Sonny arrives, chats a bit with Will, is looking forward to reading the article, then takes a folder, plus the ball and leaves.

Aiden arrives at the beach house, looks around. Chase comes running in, is delighted. Next Hope & Ciara arrive, with Chase wanting to go outside with Ciara to play a bit. Everyone is admiring the view, Aiden takes Hope on a tour of the house, talks of how this one door was closed a lot, so Chase would not hear the yelling. The taxi arrives to take them all to the airport. The kids go out, Hope takes a few minutes to say goodbye, kiss, he says enjoy Tahiti. When they are gone, he unlocks a door, takes out an ax and a big shovel. Suddenly there is pounding on the door. He puts the implements in the corner, before answering the door. Hope is yelling his name. He opens the door, rushes in, saying I bet you did not expect to see me back here.

Derrick is gathering some things together in Paul's room, when Sonny arrives, drops the folder on the table as Derrick picks up the tray, and then leaves. Sonny gives the ball to Paul, they chat at bit. Paul is almost done with therapy, will be leaving Salem in another week, Sonny won't have to see him anymore. Of course they get back into the old memories a bit, but Paul cannot turn back time, as much as he wishes now he could. He knows it's too late. Sonny tells him his life is just beginning now. Paul remarks that is what this other guy said, admits this is guy in the shower when Sonny was there last, the guy is sweet, smart and hot! Sonny is happy for him.

Eve has rushed home, is just getting the door open, when JJ arrives, all in her face. He fixed it, did it. It is ended, Paige will not try to get back with him any more. Eve pushes him away a bit, saying he is too close. He relates telling Paige he had not stopped seeing the person he was sleeping with. Stares between them.

Paige comes to the hospital to talk to Theresa, who immediately mentions she knows now why Paige was sniffing around her to see if she was the one sleeping with JJ. Paige shuts her up, just wants her advice. How can she find out who it is. Theresa says, easy, surprised you have not thought of it yourself. Get hold of his phone and see who he has been texting.

Chad goes to see Ben, who is not happy to see him. They argue, Chad comes in anyway, but the door is ajar. (boy that is so very obvious) Ben doesn't like that Chad seems to have snowed Jordan once again, but Chad tells him he already went to the police, they refuse to drop the charges. Ben is a bit taken aback. Chad goes on at how he will refuse to testify, they will force him to on the stand. Chad goes on at how, at some point they are going to want to know exactly what Chad said to make Ben come after him. "Think about it, Ben. How will it sound when it comes out I said Abby was not as good in bed as your sister". And of course, in comes Abby........Chad! you b******. !!

I know why Will was canned from the script writing, he can't finish within timelines. His deadline must have come and gone, unless this story is for the April magazine and the start of baseball season. Or maybe he is now writing a biography.

There is nothing left to say regarding Paige. We've said it all.

Thanks for watching. It will be on my evening viewing schedule.

Thanks for the summary. I commend you, Poirot, for sitting through such a snooze worthy episode. It makes me even more drowsy than the weather we're having up here! And now we have to deal with wannabe-detective Paige again, and her lame quest to uncover which woman JJ slept with...dear God, someone wake me up when it's over!

I know people have been slamming Will lately, however, I noticed today how Sonny was hiding the fact he had a baseball. Why is he afraid of Will knowing about the baseball and who gave it to him? So we see secrets continue on between them. The writers of ruined everything from the beginning by making Will keep quiet who the article was about. I just want this story over with and hopefully Will, Sonny and Paul can all be friends and be happy and let the marriage work it self out.

Eve, Paige, and JJ this is beyond sickening. End it now.

What was Aiden going to do with the axe and shovel? creepy

The only reason for the secret of Sonny's involvement with Paul is this: so that the lazy writers don't need to come up with something creative; Will can blame Sonny for keeping secrets (just as Sami blamed Rafe for kissing Carrie to hide her guilt for cheating on him with EJ) instead of taking responsibility for his actions.

My opinion only but that beach house did not read beach house to me!!! Also I noticed that the yellow flowers looked fresh.
I admit I laughed when Theresa was busting on Abby and JJ because she said she knows what she is but they pretend to be good. Then she lost me with Eve.
Paige can't convince me when she is trying to be all tough like that. Even her mother said it, she has brains then all of a sudden she loses it over this guy. She didn't think to check a phone? duh!

I am so sick of the JJ, Eve, Paige debacle I could barf. Paige has to be the most stupid girl in the world and Eve the most hateful. I think I dislike her more than Kristen. At least they were all older. One way or the other, I want to find out what the heck Aiden is up to. Oh, one more thing. When is it up to the DA to decide anything? If Chad wants the charges dropped, why can't he just say so???

My opinion only but that beach house did not read beach house to me!!!
I'm pretty sure they were in the Pacific Northwest - Oregon, maybe? I wouldn't think we should be too surprised to find a cabin beach house there! :)

Now, I was really glad to hear Aiden talk about how crazy it was that kids that age from the midwest were going on a field trip to SAN FRANCISCO?!? Who does that?!? LOL!

Well believe it or not, kids do take cross-country field trips nowadays. My friends from San Diego took a field trip to DC in freshman yearand in junior year we went to New Orleans. However, I will say that Ciara seems too young for such a trip. It is as ridiculous as Johnny, Sydney and Allie in summer camp until October.

As for the beach house, it is in Puget Sound. The coastal weather the is so moderate year-round (think mostly 50sF and 60sF) with a cool breeze, and the ocean up there is always chilly, so it wouldn't be like the typical beach house we would all think of, like they have out in Florida or the Carolinas. As for the blooming flowers--while the Pacific Northwest in winter will sometimes get snow and is quite chilly, it really isn't as cold or snowy as the Midwest or East Coast gets, so it actually is possible that some species of flowers may survive there even in the middle of winter.

Yes, Chad told John he wanted the charges to go away, and also said he would refuse to testify. I really do not understand how the DA can take a case to trial, when the victim doesn't want to press charges. But (hey, Dr. Baker, weigh in here) they did say 2 police officers witnessed it all.
And I agree.....Salem seems to have it's own set of rules and regulations.
See, if it was Sami, or Eric, or Daniel, Melanie, Maggie, etc. it would all disappear. Did Serena & Nicole face any charges after their knockdown, dragout in Vic's club? Did Rafe face charges when he wiped up Horton Square with EJ? Was Kristen put on trial after Daniel brought her back to town? Tsk, tsk.
Da Plot.....oh, yes, always DA PLOT

In re: the beach house. I am very glad that others thought it did not resemble what one thinks of as a beach house. I did not mention it, because I live in the north woods, and MY house was originally a log cabin. And the front of the house still has the logs.While I did not expect to see the place on stilts, such as you find in FLorida, or the Gulf coast, I was just surprised to see the logs. Especially, because the doors were so fancy, and no screen or storm door.

daysdg is right, they were up in Puget Sound, and lived mainly in Portland, Oregon. We have posters here who live up in the state of Washington, one on an island, having to ferry to the mainland.

I know people have been slamming Will lately, however, I noticed today how Sonny was hiding the fact he had a baseball. Why is he afraid of Will knowing about the baseball and who gave it to him?...

I said this on twitter as well. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Sonny would need to hide the baseball, or that he wouldn't have talked about his ex who was a baseball player. That's not the guy we've seen since 2011. Of course, if we actually remember stuff that happened last April, well then, the writers' great cheating story doesn't really hold up. This whole storyline stinks.

I know why Will was canned from the script writing, he can't finish within timelines.

Haha! I also said this on twitter - he's been working on this article for two (human) months now!! It started before Christmas!!! What a hack!! (I'm also guessing the writers have never been featured in a magasine article!!)

I'm wondering if the reason Ben is still facing charges might have to do with violating a public ordinance or something? (Like being endlessly irritating?)

I'm glad someone else found out what Chad said about Abby/Jordan...I just wish it had been Jordan. Meanwhile I'm no fan of *bleep*-shaming, and have no idea why Jeannie T saw fit to call Abby out on her affair with old what's-his-name (please don't invoke it again, he is NOT needed back in Salem in any form). The writing for women on this show is so awful. The scenes of Jeannie/Abby were juxtaposed with Paige moping over losing her "great "love"", JJ, and practically throwing herself at him. She's such a dunderhead (Stanford called, they don't want you anymore).

I really hope Clyde is dead. Eve & Jeannie T's scenes were silly & gross, and yet again we get a scene of JJ & Eve hate-lusting at each other.

I'll forgive this moronic trip to San Francisco if Ciara & Chase come back as teenagers. Otherwise, NOT EVEN IN SALEM (which is in the Midwest) would there be a trip to San Francisco for (guessing here) 2nd Graders, from a private little school that had to hold 50 bake sales to buy a chalkboard. OY the plot holes on this show lately could have a Borg cube driven through them. (Sorry - biggest thing I could think of offhand, we've been rewatching Star Trek TNG.) 320x240.jpg

Again we have the sex-farce-fiasco (and a bad one at that) with Sonny/Paul/Will. PLEASE END THIS NOW. Meanwhile, despite his new "love," Paul is clearly ready to hop into the sack with another married man. (Where's a good Jeannie T rant when we need one?)

At this point, Derrick and Nicole are the only characters left I can root for. I want to root for John, but I'm flummoxed why he needs to be a cop. I'm not sure if I should be happy that the writers have finally deemed fit to write something besides coma for him, or be...very, very, very worried!!!

The best thing I can say about today's show was that I watched it live, but only because I've been having sinus troubles and my head weighed 2000 lbs this morning. (After watching Days, it weighed 5000 lbs, LOL.) Oh yeah, and no Addict/Toddler scenes!!!

I wondered about the fresh flowers in the beach house since they just arrived. Maybe
the real estate agent put flowers when it was for sale.

Interesting dress Jordan was wearing. Do you call it a "peek a boob" dress :)

Derrick saw Sonny's Club TBD folder. I wonder what he will do with the info.

Was John in Rafe's old office?

Can we please move on with the Will/Sonny/Paul story? At least have someone find out something already! For crying out loud!

I'm mildly interested in the Aiden mystery but they really need to speed things up. It's funny how this story has been building up and yet today's scenes almost felt like filler to me. If not for the ending with the axe and shovel I would assume the same conversation was had between Hope and Aiden. And don't even get me started on a grade school field trip to San Francisco. Right.

I did kinda like Theresa today. First snarking on Abigail and JJ and then her comments to Eve and Paige. I know I should still be mad about what she did to John but I figure if none of the characters give a hoot and the writers obviously don't then neither do l.

Jordan, Chad, Ben, Abigail.....blah, blah, blah.....although I'm glad Abigail knows what the fight was about. I just hope she tells Jordan but she probably won't because what Chad said makes her look bad and she'll probably be self - conscious and embarrassed about it. I would love it if her comeback to Chad's comment is something along the lines of, "well your brother seemed to appreciate my moves in the bedroom or shower what have you...."

Back