Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 2, 2015

Well believe it or not, kids do take cross-country field trips nowadays. My friends from San Diego took a field trip to DC in freshman yearand in junior year we went to New Orleans. However, I will say that Ciara seems too young for such a trip. It is as ridiculous as Johnny, Sydney and Allie in summer camp until October.

As for the beach house, it is in Puget Sound. The coastal weather the is so moderate year-round (think mostly 50sF and 60sF) with a cool breeze, and the ocean up there is always chilly, so it wouldn't be like the typical beach house we would all think of, like they have out in Florida or the Carolinas. As for the blooming flowers--while the Pacific Northwest in winter will sometimes get snow and is quite chilly, it really isn't as cold or snowy as the Midwest or East Coast gets, so it actually is possible that some species of flowers may survive there even in the middle of winter.

I have computer friends who are posting pictures of irises, trees, etc, etc all sprouting now!!

Yes, Chad told John he wanted the charges to go away, and also said he would refuse to testify. I really do not understand how the DA can take a case to trial, when the victim doesn't want to press charges. But (hey, Dr. Baker, weigh in here) they did say 2 police officers witnessed it all.
For once, John Black and the Salem P.D. were right about something legal. A crime is considered to be an offense against the state and whether a witness wants to press charges doesn't matter. Of course if the victim is the only witness, that could hinder or prevent prosecution, but here John Black saw Ben attack Chad. That said, darling Melinda Trask must be desperate for a conviction to make a big deal out a a simple assault. If Aiden ever gets finished playing with his axe and shovel, Ben should get him to try to plead the charges down to disorderly conduct. Elsewhere, Jeannie T. was wandering around spreading "good cheer." Is she trying to be some sort of adult-rated Salem busybody, discussing other people's business in terms that would make cookie-baking Maggie or Julie blanch. Finally, is Sonix trying to scare away the readers by putting Will's face on the cover? How many will say: "OMG, not that hack. I'm not wasting my money on any upcoming issue that features his badly-written scribblings."

I only mentioned the fresh flowers only because I thought no one had been there in a while, it had nothing to do with the location and season! You can buy cut flowers all year long. Katmouse mentioned that perhaps the realtor brought them. Nothing more than that!

Well, over on Smith Island, that Horton cabin has a caretaker, a guy who makes sure the place is shut down, etc. This is why it always made me laugh at people going over there, in winter, not worrying about clean dishes, bedding, cob webs, dead bugs, etc. I live in an area where there are a lot of "snowbird" cabins/homes. People leave in November to go south, returning in April. When they leave, windows are boarded up in many cases, but beds stripped, frig empties and turned off, lines are drained, etc. When they return, the entire home is "spring cleaned".
Now Aiden was supposed to be going there only to sign all the paperwork for the sale. Maybe he wants to dig up a tree/shrub/bush that was planted in the back yard for a special reason. LOL. He should not have to do that though. And I agree that in all probability, the realtor had the place cleaned and the flowers in order to show it to prospective buyers.

As much as the character of John Black has changed over the years, I just can't get into current John Black, officer of the Salem PD. Sure, he has history as an ISA agent, but they removed him so far from that past by having him start Basic Black and then the whole pension fund fiasco that it seems ridiculous to have him now running around town busting up bar fights and chasing would-be criminals.

Again, I know it plays to some of the character's history, but he could have just as well been in a business story that sought to restore Basic Black's good name and wage a business war against Dimera Enterprises and Chad and Kate. And if speculation about Paul being his son is right, with Paul now out of professional baseball, John could've eventually brought him into the family business and there-by aligning him with more characters - Victor, Brady, Chad, Kate, Lucas - in business related plots. But, I digress. DAYS knows what it's doing, they're the professionals after all. :rolleyes:

Theresa judging anyone is just...let's just say if people could be forced to wear a scarlet "H" for hypocrite, she would've donned it in this episode.

Paige is pathetic.

Quote of the day, Paige to Eve: "He slept with some *bleep*!" Expression on Eve's face... priceless.

Very nice dress on Theresa, today.

It's good to see John acting like a "regular person" (for want of another word.)

In addition to flowers, there was a fire in the beach house's fireplace. There must be a caretaker.

Back