Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 20, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 20, 2017

A rather emotional episode, one that may be a turnoff for some viewers. In the judges chambers, she renders her verdict, awards custody of Holly to Chloe. Nicole cannot believe this, smug smile from Chloe, papers have to be signed, baby brought in, handed to Chloe, she leaves, Belle has to sign some paperwork. Nicole is protesting, crying, but the judge comments that Nicole's past history of kidnapping a baby, plus currently stabbing a man, and ...she makes a reference to her fiance'. Nicole is going to fight this, Justin is restraining the sobbing Nicole, promising they will fight this, will get Holly back. He offers to take her home, nope, not to her home, she storms out.

At the Kmansion, Adrienne is ranting and raving at Deimos, promising payback if Sonny is harmed in any way. (I give Paul a great deal of credit, as no lines, but his reactions to all were good to watch, even if he was more or less in background). She calls Deimos all kinds of names, knows he has Chad & Gabi, Paul is restraining her, telling her to calm down. She does, but still rants at Deimos.

In comes Nicole & Justin....it is Nicole's turn. He asks where is Holly, and she lets him have it, both barrels. Due to his interference, Chloe got Holly, he protests, it is impossible, but Nicole is furious. All his shenanigans went against her, she is done, she pulls off her ring, throws it at him, storms out. Adrienne has already chimed in about Chad, Gabi, now Sonny, so Justin learns about his son. Deimos starts to go after Nicole, Brady stops him, leave her alone, you have done enough. I will talk to her. He leaves. Deimos is feeling very picked on....as now Justin is having his say. Adrienne figures she will let Justin handle this, as she already has threatened to kill Deimos, warned him if anything happens, he is going to pay, big time, and not legally. Paul leaves with her.

So now it is Justin's turn to have it out with Deimos, he wants the whole story. Deimos goes on about the catching Chad & Gabi breaking in, Justin says it doesn't warrant holding them, call police, he had charges & cause. Oh, no, Deimos wants that key. Justin notes that he stole something belonging to someone else, his hands are not clean, that Orwell was not his, so lose the obsession over it. Deimos says he has nothing to do with Sonny, Justin leaves, warns him that if anything happens to Sonny, Deimos will pay.

JJ has met with Abby in the square, talking over the situation with Chad, Gabi. Andre said nothing to her, saying he only wants to keep her and Thomas safe. JJ thinks if she could somehow get hold of his recent calls, might give them a clue.

Paul comes into the cop shop, tells JJ about Sonny being taken, the thugs attacking the two of them.

Abby is with Andre, who goes off for some reason for a bit, leaving his phone on the table, she uses her phone to take pics of his call list, puts the phone b ack on the table, Andre returns as his phone is ringing. She takes off, it is Eduardo telling Andre they have to meet. time to try for an exchange.

Adrienne come to the hotel room, Drew is busy at the computer, Jen gets water for Adrienne who looks beat. They talk in low voices, Adrienne tells of Chad, Gabi & Sonny all being kidnapped because of the missing key. While Drew appears to be working, evidently he must overhear, as the women look up, and he is gone.

Brady has caught up with Nicole, who is bound and determined to get her child, one way or another. She is crying, telling Brady he knows how it feels to know someone else is holding and caring for your baby, he had to feel that way when Kristen had Tate. Yes, he knows the pain, but used it to work to get him back. Nic cannot go do something rash, or impulsively, She has to think properly, Justin will work and they will get Holly back. Nicole hates Chloe, mentions finally having a baby belonging to her and her soul mate, Daniel, and Chloe deprived her of her child. She cries on his shoulder.

At the Pub, Chloe is so happy to have Holly, doesn't think Belle looks so happy. She says she is Chloe's lawyer, won the case, is happy for her. She does admit she feels bad for Nicole, who has always wanted a child. Chloe doesn't, not at all. Shawn comes in, is rather surprised Chloe won, but happy for her, for his wife, who has another "notch in her belt". Smiles. Small talk. Chloe does say she plans on leaving Salem, asks Belle what she is going to do. Well, Shawn's mom is free, and she still has unfinished work for DiMera Enterprises in Hong Kong, she has to finish that all up. Shawn says, "and since my mom is now free, I go with her". Chloe leaves, Shawn notes Belle doesn't seem all that happy about Chloe's victory. Belle says as a mother, she just feels for any childless woman, who yearns for a baby, and Nicole has wanted one for so long, and now this baby is hers, and she doesn't have it.

Over in the meat locker, Chad & Gabi have a tarp over them, are cuddled close, but appear to be succumbing to hypothermia. Gabi says they are going to die, she is glad to be dying with him. She then begins rambling about how she should never have let him go in high school, should have told him they were meant for each other, yada, yada. She says she loves him, he has tried to get her to b e quiet, but now says he loves her, too. She looks up, their faces are thisclose together, kiss, kiss. He talks of his mind being fuzzy, cannot think clearly. But remembers a documentary he saw about two skiers, stranded, and only way to survive, was to remove clothes, skin to skin, to stay warm. Both sound and act rather groggy, Gabi says they will have to do this, too, so, of course, off comes her top, his shirt, more kissing.

Abby is in her brother's office, gives Paul & JJ the pics of Andre's call list. The guys go out, she sees on the laptop, the list of Titan properties. She takes a pic, figures Chad & Gabi are in one somewhere. Paul & JJ return, traced one of the numbers Andre called frequently to a cell phone in some hotel room. Off they go to check it.

Abby tells herself they can go find Sonny, she is off to find her husband and Gabi.

Deimos gets a phone call....Eduardo tells him he thinks it is time for them to arrange an exchange.

Okay. Glad I am missing this episode. Who can watch Nicole grieving again over losing her child?! Not this Days viewer. Thanks for watching the show and giving us a summary Poirot. Some days I don't know how you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emotional show yes, lots of doom and gloom, but I think it was done well. I felt for the characters, well most, and actually cared today! Nicole broke my heart, Paul is such a good man, Adrianne and Justin showed depth that we haven't seen in a while, I am liking this Brady, Deimos is such a condescending twit (the actor is one of the best) and it was so nice to see Shawn and Belle together. JJ, Abby, Chad, and Gabi, eh.

Thanks for the summary. Yup, I am among those who can't stomach the idea of watching Nicole suffer once more, let alone at the hands of her supposed "BFF", and especially where her child is concerned. I'm so glad Brady is in her corner. Let's hope that it leads to something more, and that our beloved Nikki is done with Deimos the twit once and for all. On the other hand, all of the acting sounds good.

I hope this hostage storyline finishes up real soon. It's getting good for sure, but it's dragged to wayyy too long. Like, WAAAAYYYY too long. On the other hand, I'm so relieved it provided us a break from Hope and Rafe--:sick:--and giddy at Gabi and Chad.

Nicole broke my heart. I just wanted to bawl. Chloe is horrible. The judge originally says he tried to put aside accusations and baggage but when she gives Holly to Chloe says to Nicole with her history. I just hate this story. I do like that Belle feels guilty. She should!!

Getting naked is not better than being clothed and cuddling. Especially when you don't have any cover on your shoulders or back!! Ridiculous. Abby ain't gonna like finding them this way.

A few comments about various Salemites:

Gabi & Chad: These two have provided proof for a basic axiom of Salem life -- lock two people in a small space, hot, cold, or whatever, and they will invariably take off their clothes.

Deimos: He is thoroughly despicable, but he did have the ability to remain utterly calm as he dished out total b/s and while being subjected to Adrienne's hysterical rant, Nicole's emotional lamentations, and Justin's barking. Stefano would be impressed.

The Judge: She should go take Salem University School of Law's continuing legal education course, Child Custody Cases for Dummies. She completely ignored the surrogacy contract issue, determined that Chloe would be a better parent although Belle presented no evidence regarding her client's parenting skills, and decided that Nicole would not be as good a parent based on some long ago long-ago actions. Perhaps, Justin should have aired Chloe's dirty linen (prostitution (yes, she was forced into it), cheating wife, one-night stands with Philip and Deimos, and her suicide attempt) and brought in Johnny and Sydney to rave about their Mommy Nicole.

Drew: Deimos should be careful about what he wishes for. If Drew the Key ever turned up at the K-mansion, Deimos would be driven crazy by his wacky personality.

Nicole: She really has to get a grip. Whenever she acts impulsively the results are always bad.

Roman: Pity the poor police commissioner. Civilians have always usurped the Salem P.D.'s crime-fighting role, but now they're invading police headquarters en masse. It might have made for a good scene if he'd appeared and said: "Dammit, why are you people here drinking department coffee."

Thank you for the summary. I haven't watched yet but from the sound of it, Chloe is going to be pretty intolerable. I've been able to bear with her until now but her gloating is too disgusting. I will watch all of this though. I'm eager to see Deimos be the subject of everybody's wrath, which he so richly deserves. The one part I will skip is Chad and Gabi. I used to like each of them but I don't know if I'll be able to get past this.

I am trying not to pay attention to Chad and Gabi, either. I had pointed out in another post -there were clearly more blankets/tarps or whatever on the shelf, that they did not utilize! One only half covering you? Let's get naked!

And why aren't the Salem PD looking at those properties that Abby took a picture of?

I thought it was gloom and doom, too but understandable. Adrienne's threat to Deimos was just the starter. My thoughts immediately went to another who dun it???

Deimos deserves to die, and I am at the point where I don't care who does it. He has angered so many Salemites, which I think will lead to a who done it murder mystery. I liked Adrienne, Nicole, and Justin confronting him today, but the annoying thing is, he still hasn't released the location of Chad and Gabi.

I also think it's odd that the Salem PD has a list of Titan properties, but are not checking them out for Chad and Gabi. Instead, Abby will be the one to check them out and find out where they are located. Typical Salem PD incompetence.

At least we had a reason for Belle and Shawn leaving town. I was afraid they would just disappear and we would not know on air what happened to them. It's a lame excuse, because she never met with Chad about business while she was in town, but they did do a quick goodbye scene.

I still don't feel so bad for Nicole. Yes, it's tragic she has a biological child that she always wanted that was awarded custody to another woman, but it was her own reckless behavior even at the hearing which made her lose custody of Holly. She also refused to listen to anybody about Deimos, even when she was aware of what he was capable of after what he did to Dario, Andre, and Maggie.

I still don't feel so bad for Nicole. Yes, it's tragic she has a biological child that she always wanted that was awarded custody to another woman, but it was her own reckless behavior even at the hearing which made her lose custody of Holly. She also refused to listen to anybody about Deimos, even when she was aware of what he was capable of after what he did to Dario, Andre, and Maggie.
I truly wanted to put a tape over Nicole's mouth today, and take Justin's place as her attorney. LOL I was really glad Brady got her to realize that her impulsive behavior has been detrimental, and will get her no where in the future.

Hate that Nicole kept swallowing the "I have changed" line from Deimos, plus all his lies and excuses when he did something bad, calling it business. The fact remains that Deimos stole Orwell, does not own it, and has caused major upheaval among a slew of characters in his pursuit of the key to unlock the device or program or whatever it is.

I am glad Nicole has finally seen and accepted that he has not changed, that he is still the same underhanded, mean, manipulative liar he always was. And I am doubly glad that Brady is there, has her back, and shame, shame on Victor for closing his eyes to all that is going on.

I thought today's episode was really good. The Holly verdict was tragic but predictable in order to build up to a bigger payoff for Nicole down the road. It's just not the soap way to have this type of story get nicely tied up just weeks after Nicole found out she was the baby's mother. Today's outcome sets up all kinds of possibilities and I know Nicole will get Holly in the end. I'm just glad she finally gave Deimos the boot. I never liked them together. They were such an unlikely pairing so soon after Daniel died and because it just so happened Nicole looked like Helena. Both are good looking people and great actors but they got together way too quickly before either of them really knew the other. Now, Nicole and Brady -- that could be quite delicious.

And let's ditch this Chad and Gabi stuff. Chad belongs with Abigail. This being in love with 2 women at once is just silly. I really hope Chad and Abby are the end game. I like the Gabi character but she always seems to gravitate to men that are unavailable in one way or another. Give her someone just for her and get her away from Chad now!

For me, the best parts of the show were watching Adrienne, Nicole, and Justin giving it to Deimos.

I had to leave the room when the clothes started coming off in the cooler / freezer. The Chad and Gabi junk just turns my stomach. I never liked them together. Their "relationship" always seemed forced. I just don't see any chemistry there, and Billy Flynn (Chad) could have chemistry with anyone including Benchie.

What a day in Salem.

The judge gave everyone, even Belle, a surprise by giving custody of Holly to Chloe.

I'm glad Brady tried to calm Nicole down. That didn't work because now she'll do
anything to get Holly back.

Deimos had a bad Monday with Adrienne, Justin and Nicole yelling at him. I bet
a lot viewers yelled at him too.

Drew, aka the key, left the hotel room. Will he go to the K mansion and give himself up?

Chad and Gabi, there are no words for what's going with them

I'm glad Belle and Shawn both on today if it was their last day in Salem.

Adrienne figures she will let Justin handle this, as she already has threatened to kill Deimos, warned him if anything happens, he is going to pay, big time, and not legally.
I would so love it if Adrienne ices this Greek dork.
Chloe doesn't, not at all.
Who is this woman? Some friend. I hope after she gets Holly back, Nicole has a stash of that flesh-eating bacteria.

Here's how we can just end Days: Move Chad and Gabi into a tiny house already! Stop pretending they need a reason to be a forced coupling.

And I know how Nicole's custody suit will turn out!! She'll get the baby back on her first birthday, and she'll immediately die!! Because the writers loathe Nicole.

Shawn comes in, is rather surprised Chloe won, but happy for her, for his wife, who has another "notch in her belt".

I need to rewatch this scene but I thought he said "My Belle"? I'm only mentioning it because the show refuses to establish their marital status.

I agree. Nicole's worst enemy is herself and today was no different. She also should not be one to talk considering she kept Sydney from Sami for over a year. Plus she had Rafe pretend to be Daniel Rafael's dad for the same reason Chloe doesn't want Holly around Deimos. This is karma.

I said this a few weeks ago but Nicole is definitely becoming unhinged. I think she may kidnap Holly.

And no Nicole, Brady cannot relate because he found out about Tate in Europe not beforehand. He had no idea Tate existed until they all got out to Europe.

I enjoyed the scenes with everyone yelling at Deimos and liked that everyone remained in the room too. I definitely think Deimos will be toast soon and the suspect list will be long.

I fast forwarded Chad/Gabi. I like Detective JJ however, he shouldn't be running this investigation yet. This would have been the perfect time to get Rafe involved with this story. He could have been the lead and had a story outside of Hope's shenanigans.

Today was pop up Eduardo and pop up Jennifer day.

Loved that Belle was conflicted about the case outcome. This is the Belle I know and love. She and Shawn are just so good together. I hope they indeed come back to Salem soon as she mentioned.

@ticeland, did Jen use the laptop screen as a mirror when she applied the lip gloss? :rolleyes:

Chad/Gaby scene was hard to watch. :sick::sick::sick: I trust that when Abby finds her fickle husband with his soulmate, she will finally sweep him to the curb.

I hope Victor's Deimos-extorted property will be returned to him.

Back