Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 23, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 23, 2015

This is a standstill episode, in my opinion. Yes, lots of talking, but nothing really happening. Replays of all the closing scenes from Friday, 2/20/15. Jen & Eve argue, get snarky with each other. Jen says Eve's daughter is gone, she has no one that wants her, Eve snidely claims there is, indicates she is going to tell Jen, but never does. Jen gets a call from Marlena about some papers, signed released, not being let in somewhere, very vague. Jen will meet her.More snark with Eve, doesn't care who Eve is sleeping with, out the door, and Eve remarks, oh, yes you do. Eve then realizes she almost told Jen, and figures she has to stay away from Jen....and JJ.

Paige has let JJ know she was the texts on his phone and stalks off. JJ begins having a fit when he checks his phone, throws it down, starts kicking at things, along comeas hero Daniel, who grabs him, calms him down, tries hard to get JJ to tell him what is bothering him. JJ almost does, but nope. he clams up, he has ruined his own life, hurt someone terribly, has to get out of it all himself. Daniel is really very concerned, worried, JJ says when it is all over, then maybe he will tell Daniel all about it.

Daniel leaves, has to get Parker, Daphne comes along, just the person JJ wants to see. She lets him know that Paige thought it was her that JJ had hooked up with, told her that was not true, blah, blah, she takes off. JJ deletes all his messages, is glad Paige did not check his call history.

Eric & Serena are in bed, she is eyeing the spot where the elephant had been, inquires and learns Eric gave it away. He doesn't say to who, despite her hinting around about it, finally claiming she lost hers, and was going to ask him for his. He is now fixing something to eat, she is dressed, Marlena arrives, mostly in the doorway. Just wanted to thank him for the lovely and unexpected gift. Serena manages to grab a couple of minutes alone with marlena, asks her if the Eric had given her one of his African souvenirs, but no, was a picture of Marlena’s mother that Eric had taken.

Sorry, I may have nodded off a bit, that’s what happens when one is yawning a lot.

At the hospital, Maggie & Brady come out of a meeting or something, jabbering about what drugs can do to you in the long run. Theresa overhears, takes a bit of offense, corners Brady telling him that when he talks about how drugs can change you, to look in the mirror.
Theresa is stuffing W-2 forms in an envelope. These had to be redone, since the last batch just vanished, and were supposed to be out by Jan. 31. (flashback to Theresa dumping them in the trash) Another nurse is telling her how that is Federal law. Along comes very tipsy Anne, who aced an interview, thinks maybe a promotion is coming up, wants Theresa to ditch what she is doing and go out with her to celebrate some more. Theresa wants to finish her work, send Anne to have coffee, will finish up, be right with her. Anne goes into the lounge, there is Maggie & Brady. Anne pours herself coffee, Maggie leaves to see Parker, who wants some of her lemon bars. Brady reads over some papers, then gets up, leaving his coffee cup as he is returning. Anne eyes it, and then, what the heck, she pulls out her little flask, and dumps some booze into his coffee, muttering about lightening him up. She runs out, laughing, tells Theresa what she did. Theresa is horrified, Brady is an addict. She runs into the lounge, slaps the coffee cup out of
Brady’s hand as he is about to take a sip. He is astonished, she more or less just calls him a jerk and rushes out. She is seemingly really ticked off at Anne.

Melanie has come to see Nicole, wants a favor, just between us. Nicole says no way. Already did her apology tour, Daniel listened, but barely said a word. Nicole is not doing anything that might cause her to have to apologize again. Melanie realizes Nicole really loves Daniel, thinks Nicole is good for him. (she liked Jen, but that is over, for good). She think Daniel, when with Nicole, laughs more, is more relaxed, happier. She offers to put in a good work with her dad. Nicole is still reluctant, Melanie jabbers more, and finally Nicole agrees. Melanie evidently tells her about Mandrake, and Nicole is to see what she can find out.
Melanie leaves, Nicole goes on the hunt with her laptop. LOL when she accesses some site (and not EweSearch) and has to log in with her password, and she indicates it is Misty Circle. LOL. She keeps mumuring about Mandrake, where are you hiding, and then must find him. She exclaims....”Oh, that cannot be.”.

Maggie is with Daniel, who tells her about running into JJ, something bothering him, etc.
Marlena meets up with Jen at her house, Jen tells her how Eve keeps baiting her, etc. Marlena suggests she just ignore Eve. Later Jen tells herself she is not going to ignore Eve hurting her son.

Theresa has left the hospital, Brady is running after her. He has figured out that Anne must have spiked his coffee, and that is why Theresa made sure he did not drink it. He thinks she really does care, despite how she berates him. She saved him. Why did she do that ?

Another part--Jennifer meets with Marlena, they chatter. Jen Jen tells Marlena about her predicaments with Eve, who's not only hurt her own daughter but JJ as well. Marlena tells Jennifer to follow her advice, as she knows best: stay away from Eve. But Jennifer refuses to.

But yup, very boring episode, nothing happened. I did like that Marlena seemed a tad suspicious of Serena when Serena asked about the present that Eric gave her.

I agree. Also, I can't believe they started off a week with a filler episode. Maybe if this episode aired on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I could see it. But usually, Mondays and Fridays are jam-packed with interesting drama. That way, you can pretty much be sure that the audience will watch the rest of the week, and tune in the following week.

I think they just wanted everyone lulled into a sense of safety before Paul's mother arrives. They are just looking out for us knowing we can't handle too much excitement.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS

Thanks for staying awake for this show. I'll use my DOOL hour (actually with fast forwarding sometimes it's my DOOL 20 minutes) for a much better use today. Will be strange after watching 95% of the show for the past couple of days to skip this one, but I can't find anything worthwhile to view today.

I posted very hastily I forgot to talk about other things. I also laughed when Daniel came in out of nowhere to grab JJ.

Oh my Eve, telling Jennifer she needs a man!

Please let tomorrow be another day; Melanie is still in that grey sweater thingy!!!

Today's show was a little boring but setting up for Nicole and Melanie to work together and even worse, I hope it does not set up for more of Jennifer asking Daniel to help JJ.

Amidst today's tedium, there were a few good descriptors: Eve was on target when she described Jenny as "screechy/preachy," and Daphne of all people got in a good one with her reference to JJ's "skanky, mystery hook-up." Elsewhere, there was some "only in Salem" nonsense. Anne, who who should have been fired long ago, was actually promoted, gets drunk at work to celebrate, and then stupidly spikes Brady's coffee. Ms. Milbauer has obviously been hanging around with Jeannie T. far too long. Finally, Marlena has figured out Jenny's "work" schedule, wisely planning to stop by her residence rather than her office to pick up some papers. Hopefully, the hospital cleaning staff pays periodical visits to the office because otherwise the place must be covered with cobwebs.

Back