Days of Our Lives - Mon, Feb. 27, 2017

I know that Days convolutes age, but it is so crazy to me that Roman's children are now interacting with Hope and Jennifer as if they are the same age. I realize that Bo was younger than Roman, but how much younger, so that his children are now aged to Hope and Jennifer's age. I know this is just a rant, because time and time again age gaps go away between the characters, but it just drives me crazy.

Here's a picture of Max, Sami, Eric and Shawn-Douglas together. They are praying for the safe return of the Hortons and Bradys who were in Alamania. And here's Jennifer at that same time (1990). She was a young adult, involved with Jack and pretending to be Carly in Alamania (only to be raped by Lawrence), while Sami and Eric were little kids, playing with Max and Shawn-Douglas.

24c21cc2133f39f279fc5773ee491029.jpg
919e83db9c7b06c9a56a176471997fde.jpg

...[Chloe] doesn't trust that Nicole (who is the neediest person in Salem) can stay away from Demios.
While that may be true, it should not be Chloe's decision to make. Nicole has shown herself to be more of a "mother" than many Salem women will ever be. She would not let anyone hurt a child of hers. Just look what she endured with EJ to protect Sydney, even though viewers knew she was Sami's child.

Oh what an awful and infuriating episode!! Mostly because of Chloe and the continued pushing of Rafe & Hope as a rootable, viable couple, but now they're gonna do the same with Jennifer and Eric!? Bugger off, writers!

I disagree. If you watched the conversation between them, it gave the context that Rafe knows Marlena through Hope. That's simply not true and provides confusion for newer viewers. This is why some viewers who started watching after 2012 don't believe that Sami was raped. If the show can spend 2 days educating viewers about a character who was last seen 30 years ago, they can add a throwaway line between Rafe and Marlena mentioning Sami as his ex-wife. Especially since a good portion of the conversation was about her twin brother Eric. But again it was all tied to Hope.

Until/unless (goodness forbid!) Sami Brady comes back to live in Salem, I don't think it's really necessary to go into what has happened to her in the past. A new viewer starting this week certainly wouldn't care about it, unless Ms. Brady did grace Salem with her presence again.

Agreeing to disagree, now. :)

Chloe, the dimwitted diva goes nuclear, adding insult to injury by getting a restraining order against poor Nicole despite her having dumped Deimos. If anything bad now happens, Chloe should share a big portion of the blame.

As her advocate, Chloe's attorney acted appropriately in advising/implementing the restraining order. It was apparent that Nicole would continue her stalking absent that order.

I agree with Brady that, under the circumstances, Nicole would be well advised to cool her jets for a while. As hard as it is to accept, biological parentage does not trump all other considerations.

Am generally a Nicole fan, but the Deimos situation does not have me on her side, just yet.

Back