Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 5, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February, 5, 2018

Anna & Hattie are both being held back from attacking each other at the cop shop. Carrie & Roman convince Anna to calm down, Carrie wants to leave. Hattie admits she wrote the letter to Anna, explains her thoughts (seems she saw an Instagram pic of Roman & Anna, got the idea that she could get Anna to off Andre, since the rat deserved it, cause of what he did to Hattie when he pretended to be Alfie. But she did not kill Andre, figures Anna did it.

Roman now convinces Anna to tell them the truth, what she told him. Carrie keeps trying to stop it, to no avail. Hope orders Hattie taken out, Anna wants her to stay, but Hope makes Hattie promise to keep her lip zipped.

And Anna tells her tale, told in flashbacks, how the letter made her go see Andre, accuse him of killing Tony, perhaps taking over his life. Tony denies it all, as then, as Tony, he would have to pretend to be in love with Anna, and he would not wish that fate on anyone. She is holding the urn, Andre turns his back to her, she raises it to smash his skull, but he turns around, grabs her arm, wrests the urn from her, threatening to throw the ashes down the toilet. She pleads, he relents, but won't give the urn back til she comes to her senses. She leaves.

Hattie tries to leave, Hope stops her, she isn't going anywhere, in fact she is going to talk to the warden about having Hattie transferred to a more “secure” facility since she is able to slip in and out of that one so easily, and often.

Roman, Annie & Carrie leave, cop takes Hattie away, Rafe comes in, gets filled in. Both decide that Hattie could have gone and killed Andre, or Anna return and do so. They have that one hour missing footage of the security tape, but somehow, now, have it given to them by Stefan. Carrie is gathering her things, tells Rafe that Hope is one smart lady. Rafe says yep, it is why she is commish. Carrie adds she is also a good cop! What is that supposed to mean, says Rafe. You had better hope she never gets a whiff of what you did with Sami. She smiles, joins her parents and leaves. (Anna was signing a statement as to what she told them earlier)

Elsewhere in Salem, Julie is having lunch with Eli, is not all that thrilled with his relationship with Gabi, but she is not doing to dwell on the past. She wants him to be happy, and if Gabi makes him so, fine. She talks of how he reminds her of David, who lives on in Eli.

JJ is out and about, buying tricycles for his baby (this is all too stupid for words), one in pink, one in blue, boy, girl, who knows. He runs into Gabi, chats a bit, thanks her again for pulling him off the abyss he was falling into on Christmas Eve. She is confident she is going to get her company back. They hug, Eli arrives, JJ leaves.

Eli begins asking Gabi questions about the night Andre was murdered, what happened when she went in the office, Vivian was there, what was said, etc. etc. Gabi is resentful, says this was when Andre fired her, stole her company, and yes, she left and punched the wall. She is getting uptight, he assures her he is on her side, believes and trusts her, even mentions Anna being the suspect currently.

Val is lunching with Lani, who talks of how excited JJ is. Lani figures Val is keeping an eye on Lani since she is pg. For Abe who is out of town. In comes Abe, back from Africa. Chatter about Lani, the baby, in comes JJ with those trikes. They all laugh, Lani & JJ go to the side, jabber a bit. He is going to store the tricycles in the back, Roman won't mind. He talks of not having a job, Lani not worried, they can work this all out together.

Val chats with Abe, he can tell something is upsetting her, she says she has to talk to him, and of course, his phone rings. It is Theo's uncle in Africa, who is keeping an eye on Theo, and Abe asked him to go over the charts. Val tells him to take the call.....he does. Hi Cam...and he walks off.

Now Val talks to Lani, says she knows everything. She knows that Eli is the father of her baby.

Hope tells Rafe & Eli to go over the additional security footage. They are running it, watching, just an empty hallway. Uh, oh, what's that? Run in back. They stare. Hmm, that certainly is not Anna -or Hattie.

I will say it is fun to see Deidre Hall (Hattie/Marlena) loosen up and have a good time playing the out of control Hattie. As Marlena, she is always so calm, serene, understanding, etc. so it is refreshing change to see her be able to let loose a bit. Bet she enjoyed it.

That said, perhaps the stories sounded better as ideas on paper, but when enacted, just are not the way the writer intended. I don't know, but I do know, editing is not done all that well at times. Well, a lot of the time. Although it appears some things are being set up to peak this week. Secrets will come out, and there sure are quite a few bouncing around town.

I have to agree that this episode seemed like filler and relatively uneventful. Let's hope the rest of Sweeps is better. Although it is significant that Valerie told Lani that she knows she's lying about her child's paternity.

I missed the first five minutes or so because NBC cut in with a special report on the Dow Jones drop. But it doesn't sound like I missed too terribly much.

But on the bright I side, I got to see some of Julie going on about Gabi . :clap: Even though Julie drives me nuts sometimes, I do like her and was glad to see her show some willingness to let the past go finally. But still, there is a part of me that really wishes it was Gabi who was carrying Julie's great grandchild. Is that wrong? LOL

If I were to give Rafe and Carrie advice, it's that if they really don't want Hope to find out about Rafe's one night stand with Sami, they could try not whispering about when they are practically standing right in front of her! That's another trope, along with people answering their doors clad only in towels, that would really to see go the way of the dodo bird.

I found it interesting that Gabi reacted in a similar way to Eli asking her about Andre as she did with Abigail. Yes, she was being oversensitive, but it makes sense given her past. I'm not saying it's the right way for her to respond, just that I think it makes sense especially when it's coming from someone like her boyfriend she would feel should know her.

Better the boyfriend ask her, than Hope or someone else. Actually, it is rather awkward, as just who could question her than Gabi would not get upset with? Her brother, Rafe? Rafe's fiance', Hope? Her boyfriend? Lani, who just confided in her, and is dating Gabi's ex-boyfriend?

Oh I totally agree, Poirot. To be perfectly honest, I can't think of anyone Gabi wouldn't get upset with for that line of questioning. And I think it would definitely be in her best interest to not take it so personally.

Anna and Hattie were in fine form, but the clueless Salemite of the day was Eli.
  • Despite hearing Dr. Grant's suspicions, he still thinks that he can't be the baby-daddy.
  • He actually thinks that the Anna investigation is all consuming? Really? He still seems to have plenty of time for personal business.
  • He actually thinks that the Andre murder is close to solution. Hasn't anyone told him how these things drag out in Salem?
  • He couldn't believe that Hattie had escaped from prison. Apparently, he thinks that Days prisons are like the real deal.

OK I have a question. Why would Anna think there was any involvement by Andre in Tony's "death"? She was in Salem when Tony "died". Tony's death was clearly accidental. We all saw it. He fell on the pier and was impaled, when he went to meet with Philip. There should not be any question about the night he died.

Now given this is Days, I have no real problem revising history or the way Tony died, especially if it allows for a return of Tony (or even Andre, if need be). But if we are changing the story, could we at least explain the new version of history?

If they want us to accept a new version with other possibilities, they should at least tell us what we need to know or give us some old or newly created flashbacks. Other than that I am just loving having Leann Hunley (Anna) back and I will go along for the ride wherever it takes me. Days has not been this much fun for me in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ buying tricycles this early is ridiculous, to put it mildly, but if he had to do it, why not just get a traditional red one? I haven't watched yet but he has been getting on my nerves with all his "going to be a daddy" overkill. I agree with Susala, he's behaving like a child pretending to be a grownup! Also as Poirot said, the fall is going to be great (as in big, not as in good) when the truth comes out. I wonder if that's why they are having him going so over the top with this. Is he going to have a mental breakdown or become suicidal (or even worse, homicidal) again, when he learns the truth?

Thanks, Poirot.

Julie knows Lani is having a baby.

I enjoyed Hattie again today. Will she get out of the new prison when she's moved?

I had no idea the Brady Pub had an Instagram account. And Hattie just happened
to sign in just at the right time to see Anna with Roman. We have to assume Hattie
did further research to learn about Anna and Tony.

Did Eli question Gabi because Julie mentioned Gabi might have done it? Or did
he just go ask Gabi because of what he saw on the video?

Who is next suspect in Andre's murder? Hopefully, we find out tomorrow when
Rafe and Eli watch the video.

The Anna/Hattie stuff was funny on Friday. Today it was overplayed. However, there certainly has been a lot of Tony talk lately.

I had completely forgotten that Cameron was Theo's uncle via Lexie and Celeste. At least Abe went to see him too.

Abe got a new jacket or is it a new-old jacket we haven't seen since the 80s??

I appreciate what Val is doing but at the same time she is wrong for how she found out. Nice to see Julie today. The chemistry here is still with JJ/Gabi and Eli/Lani. I really hope that is where the show is headed. Though I still don't think Lani is carrying the kid to term.

I really liked Gabi's outfit today though I wish she had put on her coat in HTS. However, considering she was just fired, I don't get why she's walking around like she's headed to the office. Put on some jeans already!

Seemed to be a lot of filler today between flashbacks or long transitions between scenes. How about just showing another story or 2 instead?

Last edited:
Hi Cam...and he walks off.
I was hoping for a twist, like, "How's Daniel Rafael?" No such luck.
But still there is a part of me that really wishes it was Gabi who was carrying Julie's great grand-child. Is that wrong?
Hey, if I had my way, she'd be about ready to deliver that very thing (per my reboot fanfiction some months back).
Despite hearing Dr. Grant's suspicions, he still thinks that he can't be the baby-daddy.
Well, to be fair, they only did it one time.
I appreciate what Val is doing but at the same time she is wrong for how she found out.
Hear hear. I like her tenacity but we need at least one doctor who doesn't regularly violate real-world rules to move the plot along.
Bet [Deidre Hall] enjoyed it.
I'm sure she did! And I agree with Heather - fun on Friday, worn out today. This is the type of thing other soaps use webisodes or short-run side series (back when SoapNet was a thing) for.

Back