Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 6, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 6, 2017

Hope is feeling better, learns Hattie has been attacked during a riot, is at a hospital in Brookfield. She wants to go make sure Hattie is all right, after all, if not for her, Hope might be dead. Eric seemingly talks her out of it, she agrees he is right, she should wait to heal/recover so as not to suffer a relapse. He goes to get her something to eat, she sneaks out, of course. When he returns with a tray......no Hope.

She is now at this hospital in Brookfield, wearing scrubs, a surgical turban, so hair is hidden, and glasses. She tries to talk to Hattie, who is rambling, wants another shot for the pain. She gets Hattie to recognize her, Hattie is glad Hope is o.k., she hasn't heard from Chet since Hope went. No one knows how Hope got out, but Coco & friends figure Hattie helped, so she got hurt pretty bad, is due to stay there a couple more weeks. Hope shows Hattie the pic of Andre', yep, that is Hattie's snake, Alfie. Hope thinks she can clear Hattie of the charges, get her freed. Hattie so grateful. Hope is about to leave, Lt. Raines comes in, asking Hattie if she happens to know where Hope might be hiding. Hattie has no idea. Hope stands a bit away, with her back to Raines, who never even glances at her.

In Prague, Paul answers his door to find Sonny, who has come to hand deliver the invitations to the masked ball. These two are smiling and grinning at each other, obviously happy to see each other. Seems Sonny had to pick up the invites in person, since his name was on them. Over at a cafe, Steve, Kayla, Rafe & Marlena sit and make their plans, talk of saving Hope. Steve has blueprint of ballroom, with all doors, entrances, etc. marked. As they talk over the plans and using Marlena as bait, Paul & Sonny arrive with the invites. Sonny is joining them, they actually will be attending as his guests. They get their assigned spots/doors, go over the plan with Sonny; all will have mikes, plus ISA will have operatives around the perimeter, plus inside. They all go to dress, agreeing to meet a bit early in the ball room to recheck everything.

Back in Salem, Ciara is reading the Spectator article about Hope on her tablet, gets upset, Theo comes in, comforts her. She is late for her volunteer shift at the hospital, leaves. But her shift is canceled, so Julie finds her on the park bench. And while the entire midwest shivers and shovels snow in the midwest, lucky ol Salem has flowers blooming, and Julie just wearing a shawl. She realizes Ciara is missing her mom, and really has a nice conversation with Ciara, though rather long. She praises Ciara as a caring, thoughtful person, her mom is so proud, as is grandfather, and they go on to the guy and friend troubles, without naming names. Julie gives wise advice, noting she has been there, done that a few times herself. Her final advice is, don't lose her friend, tell the guy how you feel, as while awkward, when that all passes, you will be able to move on.

Ciara goes back to the house, ready to take this advice with Theo, only he begins asking her about getting a gift for Claire for Valentine's Day, flowers, maybe? He is ordering, she leaves, says what she wanted to tell him was not important.

Back in Prague, Marlena & Kayla are all dressed up, ready to leave, start talking about the mission, wishing John was there, Marlena misses him. Kayla knows she would not be able to do it if Steve wasn't there. Marlena tho, insists she has to go thru with it, and end Stefano's reign over them all once and for all. They have to save Hope.

And then we get treated to a really long flashback of when Stefano was drugging Marlena, taking her out at night thru that Armoire in her room. This is a younger Stefano, of course, no beard, and wearing a mask.

Marlena shakes herself, is back in the present with Kayla, they leave the room. The guys are in tuxedos, making final checks, Paul & Sonny go for a walk. they stop, evidently in the alley behind the place, Club Dvorak, talk of how beautiful Prague is, Sonny commenting this is where he came when he first left Salem. He wants to visit a few of his old haunts when this is over, before returning home. He asks Paul to stay, and join him. Paul agrees. Sonny figures they should get back before Rafe comes looking for them. He leaves, Paul just stands there, Sonny comes back, "you o.k.?". Sonny smiles, leans over, kisses Sonny lightly on the lips, is now ready to go. Both smile, and walk off.

Steve is waiting as Kayla comes into the room, he loves how she looks. They talk of the upcoming wedding, they kiss. The rest of the group comes in. Paul comments he wishes his dad could see how beautiful Marlena looks. Steve says.....O.K. folks, Showtime! Let's Rock and Roll.

She is now at this hospital in Brookfield, wearing scrubs, a surgical turban, so hair is hidden, and glasses.
Dang it. Where's that baseball cap when you need it? I guess Jennifer doesn't share with her cuz.

Sonny smiles, leans over, kisses Sonny lightly on the lips,
Now, there's something you don't see every day! (Sorry, Barb, I know it's a typo but I just couldn't help it. :hug:)

I hope the ballroom is bigger than the one where Aiden and Hope fell in love.

Last edited:
Does Julie not know Claire is Ciara's rival for Theo? The way Julie kept talking about "the other girl", it was like Claire was a total stranger and not her great-niece/step great-granddaughter.

This is what Hope looked like with those huge glasses:

latest

Gotta say Hope is truly resourceful. She manages to get to the hospital in Brookfield, tho she has no transportation, unless she borrowed Eric's? Then, when at this unfamiliar hospital, and still in pain, she manages to not only find the area where there might be spare scrubs stored, she is able to change into them, find a pair of glasses, and even the room where Hattie is. Not even an ID tag. I really would hate to know Brookfield hospital is as lax as Salem hospital.

I loved Sonny and Will together . . . until Will got ruined. I thought Chandler Massey (ex-Will) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) had great chemistry. I'm just not "getting" Sonny and Paul. Just not clicking for me. Not sure why.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's magical how people in Salem accomplish things! (Hope getting to the hospital and all). I just can't get into the Prague thing. Nice seeing the veteran actors but not the story. Thank you for the writeup. It was a long weekend so I'm ready for my Days fix, even if it's not a very exciting episode.

Andre framed Hattie? With his busy schedule, how did he fit this in? If he's this good at time management, maybe he could pick up some pocket money by giving classes on the subject.

Julie's advice to Teen Ciara wasn't so good considering that she and her friends live in Salem. She might have told Hope's annoying daughter that relationships in Salem never last long and she should just sit back and wait for the inevitable, ugly break-up.

Could Rafe and company be mistaken for waiters? After all, if this masked ball is for the creme de la creme, it ought to be white tie only. (This comment is based on an incident in Downton Abbey where Lord Grantham's white tie evening wear was unavailable and he had to wear black tie to dinner. The Dowager then asked him why he was dressed as a waiter.)

Poor Lt. Raines -- the writers have added him to the long list of clueless and/or unobservant members of the Salem P.D. One would think that he'd have asked the nurse in the room about talking to Hattie. Anywhere but Salem, things probably would have gone this way.

Lt. Raines: Nurse, I'm here to see the patient. Is she well enough to be questioned?
Lt. Raines: Nurse?
Lt. Raines: Nurse, I'm talking to you!
Lt. Raines: Hope Brady, you're under arrest.

Finally a new day in Salem.

Great seeing Sonny in Prague and great he was able to get tickets
at the last minute. He said Uncle Steve.

I enjoyed the flashbacks with Stefano. Interesting to see him walk into
the armoire with purple haze.

I wish John could pop in and surprise everyone

Hattie was funny when she found out Alfie is really Andre. She wanted medicine
so she wouldn't get sick :)

Andre framed Hattie?
I'm really hoping these storylines coalesce, and that the money André embezzled was used somehow to make folks think Stefano was still alive. I'd love the Prague story to be a big bust (although I've enjoyed the Steve/Kayla moments) and Hope to rot in prison.

No words for the idiocy of Hope, still recovering from septic shock, prancing over to Brookfield.

Hattie was in prison for a few years before Hope got there. So Andre's romancing her, while stealing the money and framing Hattie, had to be before he returned to Salem with word he was actually Stefano's son.

Well, I got halfway through watching, only to find "someone" had stopped the recording when it was on today. I hate to say this, but I was almost relieved. I was trying hard to enjoy watching but it was mostly boring to me.

I agree that it was ridiculous for Hope to take off like she did. In real life I doubt she could have had the stamina to make it. It seems like we've had a year of Hope hobbling around holding her side. She looks just the same as she did last year when she was injured. I can't even remember now--did Aiden stab her?

I did want to see Hattie find out about Andre and that Hope might be able to help her with that. I got to watch the first few minutes of Hope talking to her before the recording stopped, but not enough to hear about Andre.

Kat, I also was thinking it would be fun if John showed up and surprised them. But I guess it's still too early for him to be back.

Snoozefest

Sonny's Uncle Steve was negated by Julie referring to Claire as Ciara's BFF (Best Friend Forever). Why did Ciara not correct her? And no mention of Shawn in those scenes either. I hated them. The whole point of this story should be to play the 2 girls against one another while putting the various family members in the middle. Instead we get treated as if they are not related at all. And yes Julie sitting there in a shawl was ridiculous.

I want to like the Prague stuff on account of the characters involved but it's so slow moving and boring I've given up on it. Nice character interactions though.

Pleasantly surprised by the length and age of the Stefano flashbacks.

So Eric magically produces a burner phone and the first person Hope calls is Hattie?! How about calling YOUR SON? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, but somehow in and around that time she got a wound in her abdomen or something that made her hurt there. I believe she left the hospital or refused the hospital then too, and went home against doctor's recommendation. I still have the clear images of her walking through her front door and around in her house holding her side and easing on and off the couch the same way she's done with this stab wound.

She was badly injured during the struggle with the Aiden look-alike but I don't remember her being stabbed. She stabbed him with the scissors, though. But she did hobble around from the general beating her body took during that encounter.

I think last summer, Hope was injured in an explosion, she & Rafe trapped in some old DiMera house or something. She does end up in the hospital then.

Back