Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 8, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February. 8, 2016

Rafe has come to DiMansion, telling Andre' to stay away from Hope, and her family. Andre' reacts with his usual taunting, goading, pushy manner, insulting both Rafe & Hope seperately and together. (Sorry, he is just gotten tooo tiresome). He makes sure Rafe notices Stefano's ring on his finger, when Rafe calmly says Andre' has no proof. Now Andre' begins asking if Hope has been thankful for Rafe's help (insinuating has she slept with Rafe). He talks of the being windowed twice in a very short time..he is just abominable.
And we see, he has somehow managed to install a video cam at Hope's, and watches on his laptop all she is doing (after Rafe leaves).
At Hope's house, Ciara & Chase are at each other's throats, being confined to the house, Ciara mad at Chase, Theo not answering her texts, they are screaming at each other. Hope puts a stop to it, tells them they cannot do this, they are all in danger, they have to work it out. Ciara wants to go find Theo, Hope refuses, but finally relents, but only an hour with a guard. Chase has gone upstairs, Ciara has left, Hope decides to get down the box where Bo's gun is. She unlocks it, no gun. She is beside herself, Rafe comes over, she tells him. Rafe tells of visiting Andre', and what he said. Andre' is watching, but has lost the sound, but then sees Chase coming down the stairs. Well, Hellooo....Chase. Hope figures Andre' got in there when they all were at the cabin, but how....with all the guards?? And if he got in, what else did he do while here.

Over at the Horton house, Chad is trying to convince a reluctant Abby to elope. She wants her family to see them happy, to accept Chad. Not a big wedding, just close family. Chad says they don't have to go to Paris, maybe a tropical island honeymoon, (saying they would save money on the wedding, so bigger honeymoon) Finally, Chad talks about Andre's belief that Hope had something to do with Stefano's disappearance, and how Chad is afraid if they stay there, Andre' will find some way to stop the wedding from happening. Abby comments that with Andre' so insistent, maybe Chad is worried that he will begin to believe him.

Kayla is in the hospital, Fynn checking her out, talking of her "fall". Kayla has long flashback of telling Ava off, the huge argument, and getting conked by Ava. She is showing no signs of concussion, doesn't want an MRI, so Fynn goes to sign discharage papers for her. Joey, sitting along side is doing his own flashback memories of kissing Ava himself, and walking in on Ava & his dad, Ava's phone call to him, and then finding his mother. Kayla gets up to get dressed, next they are at home. She asks how he knew where to find her. He claims he broke into Ava's room, found an adress of a basement office she had rented, knew she had no job, so just figured to check it out. He learned how to open locked doors from Dad.

In Hawaii, Ava is packing up, Steve is trying to reach Joey, but dials a number for his contact, giving the phone to Ava...this is about finding her son. He finally gets thru to Joey as Ava is on hold with whoever. Joey is angry, tells him not to come home, he doesn't want him there, neither does mom. She hears this as she returns to the room, takes the phone from Joey, assures Steve she is fine, where is Steve. He says he is out of the country. Kayla is concerned, asks if Ava is there. Steve avoids saying yes or no, will be home as soon as he can. He hangs up, Ava has finally talked to a live person, someone is coming over.
She is being snide with Steve, mentioning again about Kayla learning what he had to do to get her safely back. Steve is very angry, says he did what he had to do, despite hating it all. She is all coy, talking of their previous love life, "all night long", yada, yada.

Ciara runs into Theo in the square, is glad he finally texted her back, she was so worried, wanted to find him. She talks of Chase, how it wasn't Theo, lots of things going on for him, just angry at the world. Theo says it does matter, but Chase still likes her, and so does he. Ciara lets him know they have been good friends a long time, and she doesn't want that to ever change. She is holding Theo's hand. Chase passes by, sees this, walks on.

Kayla is pressuring Joey to tell her everything, why did he not want his father to come home, and say she didn't either. Joey avoids it, lies, there is nothing more, says to get some rest, leaves the room.

Abe has coffee with Lani, small talk, she has a lot of Hope's cases, bigger work load. She mentions Malcolm's death, and is concerned about Rafe, who seems distracted, is gone a lot. She knows he worries about Hope as well. Some small talk about Stefano being gone, with Abe saying how Rafe lost his job before because he covered up for his sister, and that if it happened again, he would not let it go by. She says Rafe just would not go outside the law, Abe agrees, but asks if she thinks Hope would.

Chase gets to the park bench, throws down his shoulder pack, covers his face with his hands. And the slimy Andre' wearing his too big fedora comes slinking up. You look like you could use a friend!

A man has arrived at Steve & Ava's room, needs baby's birth date, & something else. Steve gives him a piece of paper, the guy says only 5 babies arrived around that time, 2 were African American, 1 Asian, and 2 were white. As to what happened, he is sorry. Both babies contracted pneumonia soon after their arrival and died. He has a file folder, with pictures, takes 2 out, asking if either one was their. Ava picks one, yes, that is her baby. The man is sorry, Steve asks if she is sure, she is. She is starting to cry. Steve thanks the guy, who leaves. Ava is crying,Steve comments that the baby could be his, maybe not, but there is nothing tying them together any more. Steve gathers his things. She asks what he is doing, he says bitterly, he never wants to see her in Salem again. He leaves. She is holding the picture, looking at it, crying, sinks to her knees on the floor, sobbing, and collapses on the floor, still crying.

So was I supposed to feel sorry for Ava ? Nope, not gonna happen ! And I hope you are wrong Just Samantha, although with these writers, who are not much better than the previous ones in my humble opinion, a baby is probably already in the making. :sick::sick::sick:

Today, I fast forwarded many parts of the show. So thank you, Poirot, again, for writing the summaries. I just can't help myself. Ava and Steve are disgusting. Abby and Chad are too much on for my taste, and I fear that Chad will believe Andre, and instead of helping Hope, will turn all Dimera again. So, no, not interested.

I'm so tired of Andre also. And, by the way, get over it, dude, your face is not that bad, considering all the ciment that fell on you. :rolleyes: Anyway... Andre should really die from a massive infection, the way he keeps touching his face. But noooooo, we will be treated to Chase falling for Andre's lines and Chase go from bad to worse. No, thanks.

Speaking of Chase, did he hear the conversation between Hope and Rafe about the killing of Stefano ? Hope and Rafe were not whispering, which is so stupid on their part, I mean did they forget Chase was still in the house ? So Chase came down the stairs while they were talking, we saw it on Andre's video. What happened after that ? Bad editing ? Cause I didn't fast forward that part, and I'm thinking Chase heard everything.

I also FF Abe and Lani, because frankly, I don't think Lani brings anything to the show, except maybe more creepiness, not that we need more.

But I love Theo. The actor is great. But I won't comment on Ciara. I find her very annoying. So to think two guys are into her is beyond me.

And Kayla and Joey... I wanted Joey to spill everything. Poor guy. And, I'm sorry to say, Kayla should kick Steve to the curb. Nope, never thought I would say that either.

I will finish by saying I'm once again so disappointed with the show right now. I really don't know how this could get any better, frankly. It's really too bad.

Have to say........the Chad/Abby scenes seemed really out of place. Especially with Chad telling Abby that his brother is crazy, is angry because he kicked him out of the house.........and yet, we see Andre' at DiMansion, playing with the chess set, etc. Guess he doesn't think he really IS evicted??

Would Steve REALLY have had sex with that witch without using protection? I shudder even thinking about it.

And yes, when Chase came down the stairs, he paused a bit, also wondered if he heard anything. However, he wasn't there just a bit later.......and then of course we saw him in the square. But it bugs me about that....because he wasn't supposed to leave the house. At least without a guard. Obviously, he managed it.

And no, Ava did not even come close to making me even tear up. For all we know, she faked that whole baby thing, and just took the picture at random, who is to say for sure, even if there WAS a baby, that it was that one.

A few good quotes today: Fynn to Kayla: "Is there something you're not telling me?" If Kayla had answered honestly, the doctor might have decided that Salem was simply too crazy a place to live.

Little Joey to Kayla: "Dad can take care of himself." When it comes to Ava, no he can't. Instead he's reduced to a quivering blob of Silly Putty.

Rafe to Andre: "Did you hear me." This was a poor question, which led to one of Andre's better monologues, which included, "I was criminally insane, what's your excuse."

Apart from quotes, pity poor Hope. Scared of Andre's next move, and having to referee teenage arguments. And then there's Abe, indicating that to him killing Theo's nonno was a no-no. If Hope hasn't developed an ulcer yet, this news might just do the trick. Finally, go away Ava, none of the viewers want you on screen.

he would not let it go by
Hmm...considering he's the former son-in-law of Salem's worst villain and his late wife aided and abetted a vigilante and switched babies, I find this laughable.

yada, yada
The summary in 2 words.
sinks to her knees on the floor, sobbing, and collapses on the floor, still crying.
I'm crying too. Mainly because Steve didn't take the opportunity to snap her neck and dump her in the ocean, then go back to Salem and tell Kayla everything.

James Lastovic (Joey) is a fantastic young actor - but I can't stand any of this story. Neither the Rafe/Hope/André/Chase/Ciara/Theo debacle. And Lani...I know the actress is capable of more. I just wish the writers had some sort of plan for her.
And now, since Steve had sex with Ava, you know 4-6 weeks from now she's going to say she's got a little Johnson bun in her oven.
:sick::sick::sick::sick: Seriously if my joke about a Philip/Belle and Steve/Ava baby switch comes to fruition...I will :cry::cry::cry::sick::sick::sick::angry::angry::angry::eek::eek::eek:!!

It was funny when Andre could see Rafe and Hope talking, but not hear
anything. Andre needs to learn how to read lips..

How much did Chase hear
what Rafe and Hope were talking about....
will he tell Andre. Does the security guard watching Chase work at the
Salem PD since he sneaked out of the house?

Interesting conversation Abe and Lani had about Hope and Rafe. Abe said
he can't look the other way if Hope and Rafe made Stefano disappear.

Line of the day goes to Ava "I've been on hold five minutes"

Last edited:
OK, I came back to Days after 30 years or so to see A Martinez (Eduardo), Stephen Nichols (Patch) and the 50th Anniversary. About ready to pull the plug. Disappointed at the storylines. Basically a total FF show.

edited to add characters' names - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's episode was horribly paced. It felt like it was all Hope and kids and Kayla/Steve stuff with a few others mixed in. Where is Shawn??? He still hasn't seen his mother and sister! Nor did we get a reaction to his note. Unbelievable.

Lani doesn't do anything for me. How many times is she going to eat/drink with Abe and/or Theo or side eye other cops? What exactly was her intention trying to throw Rafe under the bus? Is she jealous of Hope? And I'm sorry but the relationships with Abe and Theo are just too seamless.

I really would like to see Claire in Chase's orbit. I don't like that this triangle centers around Ciara.

I do like that Joey is more than a prop and is actually part of his parents' storyline instead of them just parenting him through typical teen storylines. Nice to see him involved with both adult and teen storylines. I guess they are going there with Ciara as well but she is still more of a bystander to Hope's storyline.

Ava please leave NOW

How does Andre know that Bo's gun killed Stefano? Did he recover a bullet from the body? Andre (barring some attention from a cosmetic surgeon) will have a nice dueling scar.

Andre's line of the day, "Have you been lucky, Rafe?"

Lani has an ulterior motive re the Hope/Rafe saga, seeing that she wants to be Salem friends with Rafe. Was her paternity claim ever DNA-verified? :confused:

Was Ava talking on her phone while Steve was speaking with Sweetness, or was that when she was "on hold for 5 minutes?"

Ava continued crying after Steve had left the room. That looked like there really was a baby. Or, I guess it could mean that she was crying because her master plan had failed (for the moment.)

I am looking forward to watching that new soap being advertised during this time slot: "The Fingerhut Network." The acting is good, the people are attractive, and it looks like it has a generous set budget. :drunk:

So was I supposed to feel sorry for Ava ? Nope, not gonna happen ! And I hope you are wrong Just Samantha, although with these writers, who are not much better than the previous ones in my humble opinion, a baby is probably already in the making. :sick::sick::sick:

Today, I fast forwarded many parts of the show. So thank you, Poirot, again, for writing the summaries. I just can't help myself. Ava and Steve are disgusting. Abby and Chad are too much on for my taste, and I fear that Chad will believe Andre, and instead of helping Hope, will turn all Dimera again. So, no, not interested.

I'm so tired of Andre also. And, by the way, get over it, dude, your face is not that bad, considering all the ciment that fell on you. :rolleyes: Anyway... Andre should really die from a massive infection, the way he keeps touching his face. But noooooo, we will be treated to Chase falling for Andre's lines and Chase go from bad to worse. No, thanks.

Speaking of Chase, did he hear the conversation between Hope and Rafe about the killing of Stefano ? Hope and Rafe were not whispering, which is so stupid on their part, I mean did they forget Chase was still in the house ? So Chase came down the stairs while they were talking, we saw it on Andre's video. What happened after that ? Bad editing ? Cause I didn't fast forward that part, and I'm thinking Chase heard everything.

I also FF Abe and Lani, because frankly, I don't think Lani brings anything to the show, except maybe more creepiness, not that we need more.

But I love Theo. The actor is great. But I won't comment on Ciara. I find her very annoying. So to think two guys are into her is beyond me.

And Kayla and Joey... I wanted Joey to spill everything. Poor guy. And, I'm sorry to say, Kayla should kick Steve to the curb. Nope, never thought I would say that either.

I will finish by saying I'm once again so disappointed with the show right now. I really don't know how this could get any better, frankly. It's really too bad.
I'm going to have to agree with you on all of this. I skipped the whole week because I've been busy with other things, but it looks like my grandma was right: I didn't miss much. Just more of the same ol' same ol' boring crap!

I still appreciate the summary, Poirot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back