Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb.9, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 9, 2015

Replay of most of the Friday closing scenes. Melanie & Brady are in the darkened bedroom, in afterglow, I guess, glad they are together, going in for another round I guess, but Melanie decides that though she would like to spend the night with him. She thinks, being what happened to Sonny, Maggie & Victor would worry if he didn't come home, and though her father gave them his blessing, he would not be all that happy to know where she was. The next show up in the Square, blathering away at how nice it is to just hang out together.

Will is once again promising that Sonny will come first with him from now on, while outside the door, Paul stands, grabs the handle, opens the door, only to have Adrienne hurry up, shut the door, tell him she knows who he is, and to come with her. She lets Paul know she knows all about him, that she is Sonny's mother, and even knows he asked Paul to marry him. Paul regrets not saying yes. She asks how he even knew Sonny was here, Paul was already here, giving blood, as they needed O negative for a patient. Adrienne realizes he is the one who saved Sonny, hugs and thanks him. Paul is rather surprised. But he knows Sonny is married, moved on, and tells her not to worry, he is leaving town soon, they won't see him any more. He leaves.
Lucas is in Sonny's room, wondering to Wil where the heck Adrienne is, telling Will that Justin is flying home. Will is glad, Sonny has not seen his dad in a long time. Lucas goes out in the hall, finds Adrienne sitting, wiping away a tear or two, is glad to see her, Adrienne hurries into Sonny's room.

Clint calls Theresa who is all ready to party on, tells him to come over. But first Eve arrives, all up in arms about Paige, as usual (this truly is getting boring beyond belief), wanting to know if Theresa talked to her. Yep, but Theresa tells her to more or less to butt out of Paige's business, that Paige will meet a lot of bad guys before Mr. Right comes along.

JJ is at the hospital, calling his mom to give update on Sonny, she can stay at that conference (gee, how convenient!). He turns, bumps into Paige, who once again is full of questions about who the girlfriend is. zzzzzzzzzzz. JJ tells her more or less, none of her business, and he is going to see his cousin. Daphne comes up, whisks Paige off, talks with her a bit, tells her her offer still stands. Paige figures it might be a good idea. Now she meets with her mother, who is all chipper and gabby as usual, but Paige reminds her that none of this would have happened if she had not lied to her about Grampa's health. JJ would never have taken up with someone else, and Paige knows that whoever she is, she knew Paige & JJ were a couple, purposely took advantage, and is nothing but a *bleep*. Eve gets uptight, tells Paige to not talk like that. But Paige is making a big change in her life now. She is moving out!

Brady goes to get refills on their coffees, Melanie spots Theresa & Clint, remembers hearing him talking to Dr. Mandrake about theresa, who comes over, makes snide remarks about Melanie being alone. Mel asks her if she knows a Dr. Mandrake. Nope, never heard of him. Brady comes out of the shop, Theresa realizes Mel is not alone, tells Mel to have fun, and takes off. Melanie won't tell Brady what they were talking about.

Over in Puget Sound, Hope is telling Aiden she realizes she is an intrusion of some private time he probably wanted. No, he says Chase has a lot of happy memories of the place, where he thought they were one big happy family. He is glad she is there.She is sorry she forgot her passport, & that the bridge is out. No problem. He decides to go to a small grocery store across the small island so they will have some food. She will make a few calls, discovers she forgot her charger. (Oh, brother! on a trip to Tahiti??) He offers his, nope not compatible. He says there are a couple others in the drawers, look around, he is sure one will work.

He leaves, Hope starts opening drawers, knock at the door, it is Bree. She lives nearby, saw Aiden's car leave, knows he had the place up for sale. She has a key Meridith gave her, but did not know Aiden changed the locks. She figures it is her last chance to look around , find some proof that Aiden killed Meridith. Hope is defending Aiden, wanting Bree to leave. She tries to call Aiden, static reception, he cannot hear her. Bree starts snooping around, Hope stops her, tells her to leave. Bree babbles about Meridith saying something about if anything happened to her, and though Bree looked in her desk, did not find anything. But Meridith did say something about a secret compartment. Maybe Hope can help her look for it. Hope gives her 3 seconds to leave, or she will arrest her herself. Bree finally leaves, Hope locks the door, and again is looking through drawers for a charger. In one, as she rummages thru the contents, the bottom of the drawers slides open a bit. Hope slowly pushes it further, there is a video tape with a note attached on top. To be played in the event of my death.

JJ has come in to Sonny's room, is chatting with Will, they are catching up. Will asks about Paige, learns they have broken it off. JJ tells him that it was his fault, he cheated on Paige. Cue the guilty look on Will's face. Adrienne & Lucas come in, Will is talking to Sonny, promising him a Valentine's Day he will never forgot, saying he loves him, when Sonny's eyes flutter a bit, he opens them, and suddenly the heart monitor starts going bonkers, while Sonny who has looked around is now gasping for breath. The dunderheads all stand there, doing nothing, not even opening the door to call for help.

It does look like Sonny remembered his talk with Derrick just before his attack. It was nice to see JJ going to see both Will and Sonny being he is related to both. Will his cousin through Jennifer and Sonny his cousin through Jack.

Paul and Adrienne's talk was nice especially when she found out it as Paul who donated his blood.

Will that special disc have incriminating evidence or will it be one sided on Aiden's wife side.

I have plenty of these if anybody would like one after the Melanie and Brady scenes:
th

Brady falls in love about as often as he falls off the wagon so I expect him to start drinking and/or using soon enough.

I liked Adrienne and Paul's conversation and how she hugged and thanked him when she realized he was the one to donate the blood to save Sonny. I hope Sonny doesn't end up in a coma now after his reaction to Will at the end but I have a feeling either Will is going to figure out just who Paul is or vice versa prior to Sonny being able to confront them.

Hope/Aiden story is sort of moving but it's so isolated I'm having a hard time caring or paying much attention.

I don't really get why Melanie is so fixated on Theresa and her new boy toy and who Dr. Mandrake is. Theresa doesn't like Melanie and is rude and nasty to her so why should Melanie care? Oh yeah....da plot!

I thought it was hilarious when Roman told Will not to worry, that they'd catch the guy who did that to Sonny. :rotfl:Seriously?? When's the last time the Salem PD solved a case?
It would have made for a good scene if Will had responded: "Really, just like you caught the guy who shot EJ." That said, the police force that covers Aiden's island can't be too sharp either, missing the second level of the desk drawer. Elsewhere, the usual muddled thinking was in evidence: 1) Jeannie T. calling JJ "scum" while going out with super-slimy Clint; 2) Eve blathering on and on about (what else) Paige's love life; and 3) Bree thinking that the hidden tape will prove Aiden is a murderer. Sorry, Bree, but you're being undone by the writers' fondness for tossing about red herrings about Aiden's character. Finally, Brady-infatuated Nurse Betty Boop is once again proving that the best way get to the bottom of things in Salem is good, old-fashioned eavesdropping. Roman's hapless cops might actually solve a crime now and then if they tried it.

IF the material Hope just found in the desk DOES implicate Aiden in Meredith's death, I'm betting that Meredith tried to frame Aiden. Who knows. Maybe she discovered she had some terminal condition and decided to go for one last gotcha on Aiden.

And if this is the case, I hope that it is Hope that helps him prove his innocence.

I think Sonny may stay in a coma for awhile and be off-screen. If I remember months back the actor who plays Sonny was in a bad car accident and recovering in the hospital from his injuries. So could be a few weeks we'll see him again since maybe this was taped right before the accident.

Oy Brady licking Melanie's nose...PLEASE JUST STOP NOW!!!

Meanwhile I am glad Adrienne stood up to Paul and kept him away from Sonny. He needs to get a life. Great to see Lucas on so many days in a row...Jeannie T needs to leave Salem, I can't even try to pretend to root for her. (I'm really hoping if she leaves, Brady and his toddler companion will follow, since he can't stay out of her orbit.)

Hope & Aiden...zzzz

Meanwhile Paige is STILL pathetic but at least there's some logic (????) to her search for the "S"-word (as well as using that term in her opinion). She believes that the other woman KNOWS her (based on a sole hangdog expression from JJ no less) and thus KNEW how much she LOVED JJ.

Oooookiedokie...let's say I buy that...she's STILL pathetic, but LESS so. LOL. I am hoping she moves out of Salem, but I'm guessing she's just taking a dorm room. (Totally believable mid-semester.) I hope Eve makes her pay out of pocket for it. Sick of all the Donovans. (Never thought I'd say that.)

Thanks for the summary.

I'm not even gonna bother to comment on the JJ/Paige/Eve crap. It's not worth my time. And frankly, neither is Hope & Aiden.

It was nice seeing JJ visiting his relatives in the hospital, although it was probably only done so he could tell Will he cheated on Paige and make Will feel guilty. I also liked that Lucas and Adrienne were there, and the whole conversation with Paul.

Theresa/Clint/Melanie/Brady...boring. Also, I thought it was messed up that Melanie was an opportunist, using the fact that her friend's in the hospital to be able to spend more "alone time" with Brady...:sick: kind of insensitive.

JS, I laughed when Roman told Will they will catch the guy too. I'm
glad Roman came by to see Will.

Maybe Roman should hire Theresa as a Salem cop. She has her
own handcuffs :)

I enjoyed Adrienne and Paul especially when she found out Paul
saved Sonny's life. It was interesting to see Paul write down his
phone number to give it to her.

So, Mel and Brady talked on the square that they don't need to date.
It's Salem. When you're living in that town, dating isn't a requirement.

This Bree stuff is just plain stupid. She never finished looking before but does so now,how long after the wife's death, simply because she heard Aiden was closing the house?

Which pretty much confirms for me that this whole thing is a setup. Either Bree or Meredith is setting up Aiden to be framed. As I posted weeks ago, I think Bree is a woman scorned and either was involved with Aiden and/or rejected by him. Aiden doesn't even live there yet she comes in only when he happens to be back in town? And with a rental car? Total setup in my opinion.

I think Sonny may stay in a coma for awhile and be off-screen. If I remember months back the actor who plays Sonny was in a bad car accident and recovering in the hospital from his injuries. So could be a few weeks we'll see him again since maybe this was taped right before the accident.

I had the exact same thought as I was watching today. Though I think a coma is a bit far fetched, unless he has a heart attack tomorrow.

I was shocked that Paul did not know who Adrienne was. I did not see that one coming. Good scenes though.

Nice to see JJ checking on Sonny but then I realized that was to make Will feel guiltier. And Sonny's room was like Grand Central Station. How many people can visit in the span of 15 minutes???

I enjoyed JJ with Will and Sonny and on the phone with Jen but other than that, I cannot watch him.

Fast forwarded pretty much everything else today. Though I did watch Eve and Jeannie as they are always entertaining. I liked Eve trying to get her sister away from Clint.

I missed the first ten minutes of today's episode because I was engaged in one of my intellectual pursuits. Okay, I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic" on my computer. *Yes I'm a Star Wars geek and darn proud of it.*

But when I did turn the show on I did have a thought concerning the Eve/JJ/Paige thingie *I would it a mess but that would be an uncalled for and hurtful insult messes.*

My thought was this: I'm sure we would all agree that daytime drama has long been short on stories concerning elephants. Fortunately Serena is here to correct that most egregious oversight; couldn't we PLEASE spend time on that?

I just read a post elsewhere suggesting Chase shot his mother....Hummm! Never thought of that but find it very interesting. Due to Aiden's mysterious brow crunching whenever he reminisces of the tragedy, this might be something to consider.

In regards to Serena and Eric. Given their past relationship, which through the soap thought bubble seems to have been quite steamy, (or so we're lead to believe), she doesn't want to go with him to the Green Mountain Inn! Come-on now ERIC wake up you twit. Your either dumb as dirt or have a brain fart. I'm going for both. I can't wait until Nicole is proven right about Serena, and Eric, Dan, and a few other nit-wits have to eat their socks.

Back