Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 12, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 12, 2015

Fangs are bared and the claws come out. My goodness, confrontations everywhere. Replay of Serena opening her safe, taking out the envelope, pulling out some papers and saying "I can't blow this". The papers are photos of ...I think it is Eric, shirtless, on a bed.
She returns everything to the safe, answers the door, it is Derrick, bringing ice or something in a metal container. She gets on his case about letting Nicole in her room, and wants every detail of what happened.
Nicole is on the phone with the man attempting to give her a big scoop on how Serena Mason is not the kind of person everyone thinks she is. Nicole seems interested, but then tells the guy she has barely met Serena, and is really not interested.
And then, later, Serena & Nicole bump into each other, with Serena accusing Nicole of stalking her. Nicole gets her dander up, but Serena brings up how Nicole treated Eric, how damaged he is after what she did to him, how she knows all the details of Nicole getting into her room, bribing a bellboy.....and threatens Nicole...stay of my room, my life or you will pay a heavy price.
Serena returns to her room, calls someone to say she has everything under control, it is all working well.
Nicole returns to the office, in a bad mood. Her assistant, Sally, reminds her of her date with Dr. Jonas tonight, Nicole perks up, Sally leaves, Nicole calls the informant back, says she has been thinking, asks if he has called anyone else. Yes a few, but you are #1 choice. Nicole will think about it, let him know. She hangs up.

Gramma Kate arrives at Will's to see how the Paul article is going. She encourages him to get whatever it is Paul is hiding. Lots of praise, advice, etc. She leaves, Will is writing, is debating about writing the truth about Paul, realizes it is his decision. (a couple of mandatory flashbacks). Meanwhile, Paul is undergoing therapy with Jordan, talks with her about never being able to pitch again. Later, he runs into Sonny, tells him about his career being over. He is pestering Sonny again about getting back with him, Sonny reminds him he is married. Paul wonders if he is happy. Sonny says he & his husband work thru any problems, just like others do. Comes with being married. He wonders why Paul continues to want to hide if his basesball career is over. Paul is talking of his Grandfather being old school,...& his mother. Sonny says his family will stand by him, because they love him, and the only person who is having a problem with Paul coming out is Paul himself.
Will is writing, Sonny returns home. Both have something they want to tell the other, but Sonny wants to go first. He tells of the failure of the south side club, he lost everything, all the money he put into it, the money from their savings, all is gone. He had no more money to continue, so it is all gone. Will's phone rings, Sonny asks him to not answer. Will insists he has to take this, it is his job, and now he has to especially work, as they need the money. Sonny goes to check on their daughter, Will answers, it is Paul, who tells Will he has decided to do it. Will can tell all, Paul is o.k. with it.

Clyde runs into Rafe in the square, and needles him a lot about no longer being on the police force, having no job. Both are smiling, but Rafe gives it back, talks about the "businesses" in which Clyde is involved, and how he seems to be doing o.k. But he is sure there is something off. Clyde tells him to dig all he wants, good luck. Later, Clyde is on the phone with Jeremiah, talking of the trucks all getting to their different destinations, making sure they were paid in cash, and bragging how he has a place to put all that money.

Victor has called Sonny to the club, asking him what he thinks of it. He says since the south side thing did not work out, Sonny can have this one. They argue a bit, with Sonny objecting to Victor wanting to buy this for him, he wanted to do his thing on his own. Victor derides Chad, telling Sonny he will soon learn Chad is not really his friend. Sonny tells Victor not to bother, he doesn't want the club. Too late, Vic already bought it. Sonny leaves. Vic is on the phone with someone, wanting more info about Clyde, and wants to talk with him immediately. He hangs up, calling Clyde a hillbilly S.O.B. as Rafe walks in, commenting he has to be talking about Clyde. Yep, Victor has had it with him, he is on Vic's last nerve. Now Vic asks Rafe what he thinks of this place. Rafe says great, good location, should do well. Victor wants Rafe to run it for him. Rafe admits he worked in a club before joining the FBI, but never ran it. Victor points out, everything is done, staff hired already, only needs supplies, and they will have a great grand opening. Rafe doesn't think he could handle it, but Victor reminds him he has not other job, and how is he going to support himself. He leaves as Rafe looks around

Chad has heard Abby & Ben talking at the Club about the big announcement of the project she & Jordan worked on. Chad figures he will go to support Jordan, and then suggests Ben arrange his coffee run to the hospital for the time of the announcement so he can be there for Abby.

At the hospital, Anne has waylaid Jordan, wanting to know all the details of this project, as Seth Burns asked her to find out what she could. She manages to bad mouth Abby, Jordan defends her, but Anne is not sure, since Abby has had not experience with handling large sums of money, if it will set well with Mr. Burns. She leaves after getting a text from him, Abby has arrive, Ben, & Chad. Anne returns with the news that she is to oversee this project, has brought along a couple of reporters. Chad chimes in about being on the board, and being behind Abby & Jordan, but then Kate walks in, another board member and she is not all that happy with all of this. Lots of talk about the anonymous donor, perhaps not realizing who would be in charge of spending the money. Jordan assures that he does, and it is fine. kate makes up excuses, Jordan finally asking Chad to comment, she knows he wanted to be anonymous, but he has to put a stop to this. Chad is flabbergasted, is trying to say something, Kate is talking of the DiMera money and how generous, Ben is getting frustrated and ticked off, Abby and he exchange looks, until finally Ben cannot stand it, and bursts out that Chad is not the donor, that it is his father. Cue Jordan's shocked face. (And Kate's smirk)

Thanks for the write-up, Poirot. I missed today's episode completely but will definitely check it out when it's available online :)
I'm starting to wonder...is Serena perhaps behind the 'anonymous' tipster calling Nicole? I am feeling like it might be a setup.

Thanks for the summary. The confrontation at the end sounds good! Can't wait to see how Jordan will react! OK, can't believe I said that I'm excited for ANYTHING having to do with Jordan, lol.

I'm glad Paul decided to come out, but the scenes with him, Sonny, and Will today seemed like filler.

I'm hating Serena. Awful...how much more verbal beat-ups will we have to see Nicole take? On the bright side, at least she might reveal the truth behind that sketchy witch.

I'm glad we get to see more Victor-Rafe scenes, but it is awful writing for Rafe to be a club manager. Him working in a club before being in the FBI is so contrived. What happened to him being the head of security, or whatever that job was that Victor offered him the other day in the Square? And I'm all for the Victor & Rafe vs Clyde thing, but it just seems that there's no explanation for their putdowns of him, or the rivalry. Can't we see more scenes between them, or some kind of scenes of Clyde doing something underhanded that makes Victor upset? Or vice versa?

He cannot be a private eye. or a cop. He had to sign an agreement to that effect.

I neglected to put in a great line from Victor.....Rafe was being hesitant about managing the club, and Victor told him to "put on a white dinner jacket like Rick, in Casablanca"......I could not stop laughing. He told him to then, shake a few hands, what is so hard? LOL

Paul laid some truth on Sonny today. Sonny has been sending the man mixed signals even if he refuses to acknowledge it. Calling him and almost agreeing to meet him in his hotel room the night Will came home from California, calling him before Christmas saying they'll talk after the holidays, showing up at his hotel room to return a baseball and then getting visibly upset when he discovers Paul isn't alone. He told Paul to move on and at the first sign that he's doing what was asked of him, Sonny takes it personally. No wonder Paul keeps going back asking for another chance.

Nicole confirms today what I've known for a long time - she's the queen - now if DAYS would just treat her as such.

Agree about Nicole. And also agree about Sonny. I'm betting that when Will learns about all of Sonny's strange behavior about Paul, he'll somehow use that as an excuse to blame Sonny for the affair. Just like Sami blaming Rafe for kissing Carrie, to cover her own guilt for sleeping with EJ. :rolleyes:

Wait ! Stop the presses ! Melanie is not on the show today ? :eek: Oh, there goes my motivation to watch, then. :sarcasm:

Seriously, thanks for the summary, as I haven't been able to watch. I will probably catch it later tonight on my DVR. But I will probably watch the parts with Nicole, Rafe and Victor and FF the rest, as really, I don't care at this point.

Clyde is really getting too full of himself, telling Rafe to "take your best shot" and moving in on Victor's territory. The Poplar Bluff creep should keep in mind that: "Pride goeth before a fall" and that the mighty Victor and Rafe are far more formidable than Elvis ever was. Speaking of creeps, there's sourpuss Eric's new self-appointed Joan of Arc, Serena Mason. First, she grills the hapless Derrick, and then lays more gratuitous nastiness on Nicole. And where was Prissy Jenny today at the hospital?? She's supposed to be the hospital PR person, but when the media shows up she's nowhere in sight. Where was she -- off prying into JJ's love life or buying a new sleeveless dress??? Finally, why did Nicole think she needed a "killer dress" for her hot date with Dr. McScruffy, a man who usually looks like an unmade bed??

I see Nicole's office is Carrie and Rafe's old office.

Let's remove all ice cubes, quickly!!!

I actually like the writing for Rafe & Victor, now...although when we saw it in spoilers, it seemed implausible - but this actually makes some sense, given how it's unfolded. Still a stretch unless my hunch that Rafe/Roman are setting up The Sleazy McSmarmers (Chad & Clyde)

Not one for violence, but I really wanted Nicole to punch Serena today.

I really think it's flimsy to say that Sonny's been sending Paul mixed signals. But on the other hand, with the crummy writing, and lack of self-esteem exhibited in the baseball wunderkind, I suppose it could be seen that way (that's certainly how the writers want us to feel).

Again I have trouble accepting that Sonny would be so desperate for money, given what the writers have shown about his business acumen the past 3 years. Oh wait, I forgot, they don't pay attention to what they write. (Imagine an alternate universe where the story instead unfolded that Will, feeling overshadowed by Sonny's repeated successes while compared to his own miserable career, ends up in Paul's arms during a heated interview.)

Anne owned every scene she was in. Loved it. This hospital donor drama...snore.

Edited to Add: Sally, Nicole's friend/co-worker, needs to be on contract NOW. Salem (Nicole especially!!) NEEDS friends!!

I'm glad Nicole hung up on the caller the first time. Now
she's taking the time to think about it. Just say No Nicole :)

I enjoyed Nicole's happy dance when Sally was her cheerleader.

Interesting photos Serena keeps in her safe. I think Serena has
them to show the items of Eric collection.

Will Rafe take Victor's job offer? What will the name of
club be? Maybe Victor will name it after Maggie :love:

Ben did his daily job of refilling the condiments containers LOL.

Interesting how Anne got herself involved with special charity project.
And where was Jennifer? Isn't she the one in charge of the
hospital press releases?

Kate did it. She told Clyde she wouldn't say he donated the money,
she would get someone else to. It didn't take Ben long to let
the cat out of the bag.

Back