Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 12, 2015

There were definitely things I liked today.

Rafe and Victor I have no doubt that Rafe will take the job what else is he going to do? If it means seeing Rafe and Victor both going after Clyde and Chad as a team all I can say is: sic 'em boys.

Jordan and Abigail basically being forced to "praise" Anne as a "people person." Anne may not be the uh nicest person working at the hospital but she is definitely a hoot.

Chad being rendered dumbstruck by Jordan's announcement that he was the anonymous donor. I would say speechless and basically gaping like an idiot is a good look for him. Hopefully Rafe and Victor will be able to ensure he wears it quite often.

That leaves us with:

Serena: I have a dream. I dreamt that one day my children will-oops, sorry that was my other dream. I also dreamt that one day I would care enough about this character to actually pay attention to her scenes. Sadly that dream has yet to come to fruition.

I see Nicole's office is Carrie and Rafe's old office.

I commented about this on Friday but I think this set is actually the old police station set. Nicole's prior office looked more like Carrie and Rafe's office.

Loving Victor and Rafe as well. I'm hoping it's a setup and also a way for Rafe to have more air time finally.

Why the heck would Serena have photos of a topless Eric in a safe?!? If they used to be an item, why would that be a secret? And there was a bit more to her phone call than just saying everything is well. At first, she made it sound like things in Salem were harder than she expected but ended with her saying she had everything under control. My initial thought was she was talking to Stefano.

Who has a press conference about a new foundation at a nurse's station? I would have accepted a limbo set.

And Kate is just out of control with her unwarranted anger and jealousy towards Jordan. Even though I think it's a total setup by Clyde. Guess what Kate, a Board is not a committee of 1. You can't just decide that the foundation is not going to happen.

Do physical therapists really just stand there in heels while their patient exercises? :rolleyes:

Anne did own her scenes today but she had no reason to go after Jordan the way she did. And I'm sick of the wrap dresses! And Thursday and Friday were the same Salem day--didn't Maxine say that Anne had called in sick? That's why Jeannie had to help Melanie with her benefits. TIIC can't even get their continuity straight.

I was shocked to see Nicole's telephone informant, having thought that Arnold Finnigan (Fake Rafe) was dead! :eek: :eek:

Liked the Nicole/Serena argument... after I turned the volume way up. :rolleyes:

Finally, a great white-dinner-jacketed story line for Rafe fans! :)

@JS: "I see Nicole's office is Carrie and Rafe's old office."

I hope the air-conditioning has been repaired! :)

And where was Prissy Jenny today at the hospital?? She's supposed to be the hospital PR person, but when the media shows up she's nowhere in sight. Where was she -- off prying into JJ's love life or buying a new sleeveless dress???

:rotfl::rotfl:

@kat: "Will Rafe take Victor's job offer? What will the name of
club be?"

"Snarky's?"

Heather4CU, Anne has big hair, and wraps don't muss it. :rolleyes:

I guess since the hospital administrator was too busy to host the press conference HE called, his office was not available.....so neither Anne's office, Jen's, the lounge, or waiting area would work. Had to be the only nurses' station area in that entire hospital. After all, when you get into the elevator it automatically goes to that floor, no other. Everything is on that floor....E.R., surgery rooms, labor & delivery rooms, offices, locker rooms, lounges, waiting areas, and I swear, even the morgue.

I used to think the hospital scenes were shot in an actual hospital. The room doors, and the elevator, look pretty realistic. I wish Day's budget allowed for some on-location taping.

When Days had more money, the rooms/areas/locations were much larger, but they never shot scenes in an actual hospital. What they DID do, years ago, was film a whole bunch of the outsides of buildings in the Minneapolis area one time. Then, when they wanted to show, the courthouse, the police station, the hospital, corporate office buildings, a couple of mansions, a neighborhood of bungalows, they would insert these scenes for a few seconds. Worked rather well, but did not last too long. This was when Roman had an office, as did Bo, and there was an interrogation room, plus a large room where most of the cops hung out. And definitely long before Horton Square & the park became the only places to conduct business, or meet "privately". Heck, even the Pub set was way bigger back then. :)

What they DID do, years ago, was film a whole bunch of the outsides of buildings in the Minneapolis area one time. Then, when they wanted to show, the courthouse, the police station, the hospital, corporate office buildings, a couple of mansions, a neighborhood of bungalows, they would insert these scenes for a few seconds.
Y&R did that several years ago, too and also dropped it. But recently (within the past year) they started showing the establishing shots of a hospital, jail, coffee house, office building, etc. for a second or two before the scene starts. I like when they do that. It's too bad Days dropped that part of their scenes.

What exactly is this money that Clyde secretly laundered through the hospital supposed to be doing??? The thing that has everyone so excited to get the funds for.

I apologize for not paying close attention to the show, but what are they going to do now that they have laundered money???

So they can help the folks addicted to the drugs that Clyde is flooding Salem with?? Cool.

I thought Salem already had a free clinic, or did it close when Dr Mike left town??? I just figured it kept going and we just never heard about it any more. But okay, it will give those two women with no focus in life something to do in inappropriate clothing. Scoop neck and high heels just screams comfort for a child with whooping cough.

I may have to take a break from this show. I appear to be becoming disillusioned and bitter.

Salem's free clinic hasn't been mentioned forever. We don't know if it's still running or not.

This clinic is apparently being run right through the hospital.

Abby and Jordan wouldn't be treating anyone, as neither one is a doctor. Jordan is just a physical therapist. (although, she might help someone with physical therapy, as prescribed by a doctor)

Y&R did that several years ago, too and also dropped it. But recently (within the past year) they started showing the establishing shots of a hospital, jail, coffee house, office building, etc. for a second or two before the scene starts. I like when they do that. It's too bad Days dropped that part of their scenes.

I like how Y&R does that too, and B&B (though sometimes, B&B overdoes it with the stock footage. We get it, LA is beautiful, but show us the storyline). I watched a few old clips of Days storylines on YouTube and was pleasantly surprised how they used to film that way. Too bad they don't anymore, and instead rely on overuse of these cheap-looking sets. I mean, why downgrade the DiMansion to that tiny room? Would make sense if they started out with that room and then gradually made it bigger!

Back