Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 16, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 16, 2017

Not very much going on in Salem today. Theo & Claire sit at the Pub, supposedly going to have lunch, but she is busy with her phone, he seems a bit exasperated by it. She takes a bunch of selfies with the two of them, posts them. Tells him Valerie is there, tho now in the ladies room. They figure she is meeting some guy, but it is Kayla, who is trying to talk Valerie into staying in Salem at the hospital. Claire is about to turn her phone off, when she sees a nasty comment under their pic, about dating out of their race. They get upset, Theo is going to write back, Valerie (Kayla is gone) advises against it, was in a similar relationship herself once, knows what it is like, better not to write. Theo seems determined, she says then think hard about what you say, what you BOTH want to say.

Claire apologizes for trying to spy on Valerie, thanks her, has to leave, Theo stays behind, thanks Valerie for not telling his dad about the bug, and lets her know he is not against her staying in Salem.

Replay of Nicole & Chloe witnessing Deimos threatening to kill Andre, Sonny does too. He hangs us, Nicole asks what he is doing, he says business, Chloe asks if his business now is murdering people. they all get into the act. Deimos is insistent he did not mean it, was just angry, Sonny & Chloe leave the room, Nicole & Deimos argue. She is upset over how nasty he spoke to Chloe, his anger on the phone, Chloe is her friend, Deimos manages to talk his way out of it all. Chloe is in the foyer, Brady comes in, surprised she is out of hospital, realizes she just walked out, what was so important she had to see Nicole immediately. she tells what happened, Deimos threatening to kill Andre, children in the house. Chloe tries to evade more questioning, ends up fainting. Kayla comes over, is taking her back to hospital in ambulance.

Sonny has tried to reason with Deimos, who says they are now at war. There is no being nice. He leaves to take Ari out of there.

Adrienne is in her hotel room, a bit nauseous, munching on crackers, Justin arrives, has brought a variety of items for lunch, knows chemo affects taste buds, so brought hot sauce in case. She tastes a chicken sandwich, tastes like cardboard, he figures time for the hot sauce, manages to get some in his eye, she gets water bottle to help, laughing away. Sonny arrives with Ari, she takes the little one to get her some cookies, tells Justin all that has gone down at the Kmansion, including the theft of the microchips. Adrienne retu4rns, Sonny leaves with Ari, she is tired, Justin tucks her in on the sofa (why not the bed??) to take a nap, then sits on the bed to watch over her, as she drifts off to sleep.

At the hospital, Kayla notes Chloe has to stay in bed, rest, Nancy is in with Holly, Brady & Nicole have to wait. Nicole & Brady talk about Chloe, the friendship, Holly, Nancy keeping Nicole away, Nicole wondering why Chloe came to see her, what did she want to tell her. Nicole goes into Chloe's room, Nancy objects, Chloe says it is o.k., I want to talk to her. Nancy leaves, Nicole is holding Holly, wants to know what Chloe wanted to tell her. Chloe is about to say something, Nik gets a text from Deimos apologizing for what they witnessed. Chloe figures she wants to reply, nope, Nicole will do that later. She is happy about her upcoming marriage, happy she gets to talk with her best friend, and to be able to hold this beautiful baby.

Nancy sees Brady out near the nurses' station, warns him that Deimos is a threat to Chloe, and if he doesn't help keep Deimos away from Chloe, then Nancy will consider Brady a threat as well.

Sonny is back at the Kmansion, Ari heard none of Deimos's ranting, he needs to cool down. Deimos replies he has, he is ice cold. This is business. Sonny says no, it is retaliation. Sonny says vendettas get ugly really fast, innocent people get hurt. Deimos doesn't think Andre is so innocent, but Sonny meant "family". What about Abigail? Deimos is adamant that he doesn't operate in half-measures, that no negotiations, it is war, and if they are going to survive, all the family has to join in.

Thank you, Poirot.

I wish that was Lucas taking care of Adrienne today instead of Justin. All in all though they were nice scenes.

WOW, I actually liked Valerie today. Thank you, Days, for the nod to the past.

Oh my word, Claire is a little two faced jealous witch. Days needs to put Theo back with Ciara already, and push Claire to the background of scenes for awhile to give her nastiness a rest.

Someone wake me up when Chloe finally tells Nicole about Holly's sperm and egg origins. Oh wait a minute.......Never mind. I don't care any more.

Deimos - Didn't like him from the get go. Nicole deserves the best guy, and it sure isn't him.

Brady - Please get a new heart so you don't think you have to "save" everyone and correct all wrongs. Pseudo-Daniel is not entertaining.

Thanks Poirot. I am watching, but bored, so wanted a cheat sheet. I can't watch Nicole suffer much longer.

JS: I noticed and giggled remembering Poirots comment.:clap:

Oh, those things are everywhere. Always makes me laugh at seeing them in hotel rooms on Days. Everything in hotels/motels is usually bolted down to tables, walls, etc. However, those glass shelves have appeared in homes as well. Ha.

A mention is made of next week it being Lucas's turn to accompany Adrienne to chemo, Justin promises to bring hot sauce when next his turn in two weeks. Yawwwnnnnn. (Can you tell that Adrienne having two guys on the hook is just not working for me. The " I can't choose" ploy is just too overdone. If she wasn't undergoing this health crisis, I would be wanting both to leave til she makes up her mind.

Today's episode may have been a snoozer, but some typical Salem traits were on display.

Pointless conversations: 1) Collapsing Chloe the world's most active post-coma patient talking with Deimos the master of counterproductive discourse, and 2) Nicole saying anything about Baby Holly to Chloe or her mother.

Ignorance of Salem history: Instead of just deploring non-productive violence, Sonny might have explained to Deimos just what can happen when people do battle with the DiMeras, including 1) Philip being shot in the chest at close range during the Great Fuels Project War and 2) Roman being buried alive by Andre during the famous Brady-DiMera vendetta.

Finally, Justin might want to join Caroline "Wanchai Ferry" Brady and "Truly Radiant" Sami as Salemites who plug products. The next time he slathers Adrienne's tasteless food with hot sauce, he could point out that it's McIlhenny's tabasco sauce and that everyone should try it. E.g., "Hi, I'm famous attorney Justin Kiriakis. Before going into court, I always add zip to my food with McIlhenny's. It really gives my legal talents a boost!"

Thanks for the summary.

Yep, a slow and uninteresting show for the most part. I'm so over Nancy and Deimos. They just do nothing for me. And the storylines are dragging on wayyyy too much. I mean, you know it's bad when the teens are the bright spot of the day, although that probably has more to do with Valerie than with them.

I remember when Rafe was in a coma forever, seems he had to do quite a bit of therapy, being he was naturally inactive ....Seems that Jordan was the therapist, right. He had to use the parallel bars to try and walk. But lucky Chloe.....no such need for her, even in spite of having a stroke.

I've been away so I watched Thurs, Fri and today's episodes all today. I think they all blended in for the most part.

Enough with Deimos and enough with Nicole's endless worship of him and St. Daniel. It's not working.

I didn't hate the brief Brady/Chloe scenes and I loved Brady acknowledging he is her ex-husband. Finally.

I liked Claire apologizing to Valerie and I liked Theo calling her out as shallow. At the same time, I think she does have a right to be upset that he keeps referring to Ciara. Also liked the conversation the teens had with Valerie.

So Chloe has been in a coma for weeks? A bit of a stretch but ok.:rolleyes: Even though Chloe is not entirely right, she and Nancy are the only rootable people in the baby story.

My issue with Justin/Adrienne/Lucas, Valerie, The Spectator, even the teens, is that I need to see their storylines more than once every 2-4 weeks for me to really care. The show seems to be setting up umbrella stories with Prague and the microchip stuff but it's at the expense of everyone and everything else. That's not how an ensemble show works. So while it's ok to have stuff backburnered, we still need to see it with regular frequency.

So the Justin/Adrienne stuff was cute but I don't really care because I'm not vested. And I still don't know what the purpose of the cancer story is. We hardly see Adrienne and it hasn't caused her to move forward at all. She is still waffling between the 2 guys. All involved deserve better writing.

I was afraid when Chloe started talking to Nicole at the end she would go in a coma again.
Will we have to wait until sweeps before Nicole knows? Will someone try to do another DNA
on Holly since she's in town?

The best part of the show was Valerie talking to Theo and Claire about how she was
in an interracial relationship before and how things have changed since then. I like her
advice about not attacking the poster, but to show how love overcomes hate.

Maybe Valerie can negotiate with the DiMeras and Kiriakises before the feud starts again :)

My extra thoughts. When Justin got the hot sauce in his eye, why did Adrienne use the water pitcher to wash it out instead of him going into the bathroom to wash it out? Also, why did Justin go through getting her pillows and a blanket to lay on the sofa instead of just helping her go to bed?

I remember when Rafe was in a coma forever, seems he had to do quite a bit of therapy, being he was naturally inactive ....Seems that Jordan was the therapist, right. He had to use the parallel bars to try and walk. But lucky Chloe.....no such need for her, even in spite of having a stroke.
This is easily explainable. Rafe, who moved to Salem as an adult, had not yet drunk enough magic Salem water to enjoy such benefits as vanishing scars, regrowable limbs, and quickie comas. In contrast, Chloe, as a native Salemite, would have the ability to do all these things.
Enough with Deimos and enough with Nicole's endless worship of him and St. Daniel. It's not working.
Agree, Daniel worship is so far out of hand that it verges on idolatry. Perhaps in his next sermon, Father Louis should remind everyone that they should be worshiping God and not some orange-tinted super surgeon who had a taste for women in hospital gowns.

Back