Days of Our Lives - Mon. Jan. 18, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 18, 2016

Caroline has called Justin, giving him a list of names, Damian, Damon, and another, asking if they are familiar to him. She has been having visions of Victor being in danger, either being injured or a heart attack. And in her last one, this figure of a man, holding a gun, she mentions blood on his shirt. Justin seems to brush it off because of that drug, but she tells him how she told Steve where to find Bo, the name of the clinic, as she saw it in her vision. She gets up to leave in a huff, telling Justin "don't say I did not warn you".

Victor comes into a darkened room, stops at a side table, removes a gun from the drawer, continues on, stops, raises the gun, says "what are you doing in my home". A figure hidden in the shadows, turns, steps forward, says, Hello, brother. Victor is not pleased, asks what is the man doing here, he was supposed to be in prison for life. The man replies that after 30 years of exemplary behavior, he shrugs, they let him go. Vic calls him Deimos (pronounced Day-mus) and they go thru the usual soap conversation of beating around the bush, not explaining whatever fully, talking of forgiving & forgetting. But Deimos wants a job, Victor owes him that much after what he did. Victor more or less tells him to go to hell, he is not getting anything from Victor. Philip comes in, looks puzzled at the man, who introduces himself as Victor won't. Phil asks how many brothers Victor had. Vic says two, Deimos says 3, Vic says only two he acknowledges. He then tells Deimos to get lost, he is no welcome in his house. Deimos leaves, Victor tells Philip to stay away from Deimos, he is trouble, won't say why, then wishes him well on his trip to Vegas.

Earlier, Philip found Belle working at one of the restaurant tables (you know, where Salemites always conduct business. He has business in Vegas, thinks she needs to have some fun. She refuses, it is business, he is a workaholic, and she would be spending all her time alone. He promises no, she still refuses, gets a call, has to leave. He waves around tickets to a Gladys Knight concert, she caves and agrees to go, rushes out.

At the cop shop, Roman ushers Hope into a private room, asking her to tell him again. She goes thru her very convincing explanation of how she killed Dr. Malcolm after he attacked her. Roman cannot understand why she did not come to him in the beginning, she claims being all that upset over all that had happened, and then blocked it out of her mind, but began remembering last nigh. Roman is a bit skeptical, but calls the D.A., telling Hope she needs to have a lawyer there. Hope calls Belle.

Eve meets with Claire, tells her she sent a tape of her singing to a friend of hers, who wants her to audition at Juliard. Claire is hesitant, not sure she wants to go to New York for this. Eve trying to talk her into it, Claire claims she needs to stay with her mother, so much going on in her family now. Claire leaves, sees her mother just rushing off from Philip, goes up to him, telling him to stay away from her mom, who still loves her dad, but is confused about things right now. Philip says he understands how she feels, he felt the same way about his own parents being apart, but to let her mother make up her own mind. He leaves.

Justin runs into Eve, who tells of how she bungled the audtion thing with Claire, and no, she arranged it without talking to either Claire or Belle. Justin tells her never to try and come between a parent and child, that she should not try and have Claire take the place of Paige. Eve says no one can do take the place of her Paigey. Justin gets a call, has to go, she asks what is going on with "us two", cuz she got the impression Justin is not over his ex. Justin replies that he just got divorced from the woman with whom he raised a family, and that Eve's daughter just died, with the father suddenly showing up out of nowhere, that both of them need time, finally telling her that he doesn't know himself, and if she doesn't want to wait and see what happens next, that is o.k. He leaves. She sits, maudlin, pulls out a couple of papers that Paige drew for her when a little kid, looks sad.

Belle is at the police station, talking to Hope, telling her she should have spoken to her first. In comes Roman, Justin, Rafe, Belle claims she still has not finished talking to her client (she has advised her not to make a statement yet) but Hope wants to make the statement. Justin sets up the video camera, and does says it is January 18th, 10:41 a.m. mentions who is present. Belle wants it known her attorney advised against doing this, but Hope makes her statement about killing Dr. Malcolm in self defense, blocking it out, remembering last night, first in flashes, then it all came back. (Lani is watching thru the window, earlier she had given Rafe the 3rd degree about "why" Hope not confessed).
At the end, Justin shuts off the camera, has decided all charges will be dropped, she is free to go. Hope leaves, talks outside to rafe a couple minutes, with Lani intently watching and listening. Inside the room, Roman is grateful, says Justin made the right decision. Justin asks Roman if he believed all that Hope had said. Roman replies, "about as much as you did".

Claire is glad Belle has come home, tells her about the audition, turning it down, etc. Belle feels bad, but Claire says they have not talked like they used to, or do mother/daughter things together. How about doing so this weekend, go shopping, or to Chicago or something. Sounds great, replies Belle, but have to go out of town on business. But we will do that. She goes to pack. Claire quickly calls Dad, says Mom is in big trouble, you need to come here to Salem right now.

In the park bench area, Deimos walks through the archway, as Philip comes from the other direction. Philip sits down, Deimos sits next to him. Then asks if he was followed. Nope, then Deimos asks.......so.....what do you have to tell me?

Claire, honey...you have no idea what kind of trouble your mother is in.

Also, darn, I was hoping Deimos would be pronounced DEE-mus so I can call him Deimos the Demon or Deimon. Ah well. Are he and Philip working together? Could be interesting.

(Good thing Sonny is safely away in Paris away from this Anti-Victor warpath... He is Victor's favorite, after all)

Thank you, Poirot. I read your summary twice in hopes that I had missed something when I watched the show. Nope. The only difference is you made the show sound more interesting than it really was.

The only thing half way good was Caroline telling Justin about her premonition. Even that is getting over done, though.

Victor's brother was just blah for me.

Even Kayla's and Patch's repeat junk with Ava is better than this dribble. Then I at least get to see Patch and Kayla.

Let me say.....when I watched Guiding Light, Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) played a character I just loved (sort of a Patch type guy) who ended up dying, but a few years later someone came across his twin brother in New York, brought him to Springfield. Anyway, those characters were big favorites of mine, so I have been looking forward to Irizarry's arrival in Salem. He just got here, I think there will definitely be story for him that will be intriguing.....though I think perhaps Deimos is not a "good guy" here in Salem.

Definitely wondering about Deimos & Philip. But then, some time ago, I had thought that perhaps it was Deimos who was at the bottom of the interest in that new drug & it's research that Victor was funding.
Philip returns to Salem, and first thing he wants to go after that drug. Hmmmmm.

Hope "Lying lying through her teeth" Brady may have caught a break from a doubting-but-sympathetic Justin, but her real problem is, of course, Andre. If and when he puts two and two together, things could get decidedly nasty. What could be worse than having Andre as prosecutor, judge, and jury?? Over at the Town Square, Eve can't catch a break. Her efforts to help Claire met a less-than-enthusiastic reception, and she got nothing definite out of Mr. "Can't Commit" Kiriakis. As for Claire, somebody should tell her what happened to the last young woman to pass up an education at an elite institution to remain in grubby Salem. And why not leave, when her aspiring lawyer mother prefers a weekend in Vegas with Philly K to one with her daughter? Speaking of the ethically-challenged Shaggy Phil, what's with his meeting with Deimos? Does he not care that Deimos is an even blacker family sheep than the hapless Xander or is he plotting to take down an unsuspecting Victor? The Kiriakis family is beginning to make the DiMeras look like a bunch of cuddle-bunnies.

So Deimos and Philip are in cahoots eh? Hmm that could very intriguing or it could be very boring only time will tell.

Seriously though I was intrigued by Deimos and I have long wondered if he could end up being behind what happened to Bo. In fact I even thought that the voice that was talking to Hope when Ciara was being held prisoner sounded a lot like Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) but didn't comment at the time because this is a nonspoiler forum. Then I saw that our good friend Jason47 had someone else credited as "The Voice" on his Facebook page. So who knows? But nevertheless my first impression is that Victor's never mentioned younger brother definitely will bear some watching.

I am hoping the Deimos story is a good one. I love Vincent Irizzary. Should have seen it coming but did not - that apparently Philip brought him here.

And Belle. They make her a little worse every day. Your daughter needs you but oh no you have to go off with Philip. She is not going on business at all! Maybe some dirty business. Wow, mom of the year.

Hope, really? Justin just says no that's cool you killed him. You've been under a lot of stress. Have to say that surprised me. But yes, her real worry is Andre. Now, will hope even tell Ciara that she plead guilty to murder!

I find it funny that Deimos is about Bo's age. (in real life, Vincent Irizarry/Deimos is 4 years younger than Peter Reckell/Bo) Guess old Grandpa Yurgos Kiriakis was like Hugh Hefner, out having another baby when his other sons were adults.

I definitely got a "oh you do not want to run into this guy in a dark alley" type of vibe from Deimos. He seems smart, not scared of anyone, and darn dangerous! I was wondering if we might see Philip act a bit sentimental towards Claire, but the writers didn't even have Philip go see or mention Parker, so silly me for thinking they might. Looks like we might be in for a few Lani and Hope cat fights in the future.

though I think perhaps Deimos is not a "good guy" here in Salem
Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) has been typecast since leaving GL as a villain. He plays one well, but I was hoping for more here. :)

I find it interesting that Claire had a run in with her not-daddy (Philip) and so did Belle (Roman).

So...it's been 17 days since the accident? I guess that explains Brady's miracle recovery. Hope was married November 8th. I guess she has had enough time to move on.

I'd have liked mentions of Deimos to appear in Caroline's visions earlier than 47 seconds before he appeared on screen. If the writers are going to give her access to the scripts, they could at least let her peek ahead a bit more than a page or two.

I really like Eve in this mentor role, and it's nice to note how she changed. A year ago she would have made it a production when Claire refused. She demurred nicely.

Belle lied to Claire. This will work well. Who is this woman? I suspect the real Belle is held in a dungeon somewhere by some presumed-dead DiMeraling.

Let's all speculate on what kind of dirty business scuzzy Vic had Deimos doing which landed him in the big house. Now Mr Squeaky-Clean won't acknowledge their connection nor his felonious past. I feel like we saw this somewhere recently....

Rafe...I'm going to start calling this guy Rafe3. I think the real Rafe is still recovering from Jensen's gruesome attack.

Poor Demios. His parents should have looked up what the name means. It means
terror in Greek. No wonder he's had an awful life.

Did Hope's nose grow when she told her story? Both Roman and Justin
knew she
was lying. Lani knows something is going on too.

I can't say how I feel about Belle since they're bad words. Belle must have gotten
a gene
from her mother to act that way :)

If people had offices in Salem, no one would meet others on the square or other
places in town.

They spelled Damien this way on the show. It means tame in Greek.

:OT: I wonder how many parents went through what my ex and I did since we named our
son named Damien. I had the name picked out before I met anyone. People asked us if we
named him because of the "The Omen". No. Someone asked if he had 6's on his head.....
We told people about Father Damien who lived with the Lepers. There was a TV show with Ken
Howard about Father Damien. My parents and aunt watched it because of my son's name.
I found out today there is another movie about Father Damien. I need to watch that one :back:

I watched today's show but didn't really pay attention. Thanks Poirot for clarifying about the pronunciation of Deimos. Now the Caroline scene makes sense.

I'm so beyond confused by this entire Hope storyline and frankly I don't care either. I hope Lani isn't going to become obsessive over Rafe but at this point 2 women vying for him may not be the worst storyline for him. I think he's already in it.

I liked Belle's dress and seeing her in lawyer mode but that's about it. I'm glad Claire called Shawn. Hope he takes the Salem time machine to town. And seriously no offense to Gladys Knight but that's the best they could come up with? I think Celine Dion would have been more appropriate for their age range.

Eve's dress was too short. The conversation with Justin was way too contrived after we've seen them growing closer.

What happened to Kayla? Is Chad still holding Jen on the floor of the Horton house? Stay tuned.

LOL, yes, Salem is a perfect example of the ol "Time stands still" adage. It certainly stands still for very long periods in Salem.

But then, did we not see Chloe greeting Philip & Belle in the Pub one day, with a long time, no see.......and never saw any of them after that in that place. Ha.

Back