Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 19, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 19, 2015

Replays of Friday's closing scenes. Paul has walked off, Will chases after him. They have a long conversation about the merits or non-merits of coming out. They sit first on a bench in the park, in mid January, with nice green shrubbery and even flowers blooming, before they go somewhere more private. Paul refuses to go to Will's office, so to his hotel room. Will talks of how it was for him when he came out, Paul is very negative about his own family, his mother, grandfather would be so disappointed.In Japan it is different. Will comments this is not Japan, you were raised here, and intend to continue living here. He talks of his own family, how they were told separately, how some were fine right away, some it took a day or two. And he tells Paul about the man who helped him, with whom he fell in love, in still with, loves him. Paul says if the guy is so great, then why sleep with me? Will avoids that question at first, but Paul eventually brings it back up, stepping closer and closer to Will, asking Will why he slept with him, why he did not refuse, why he has not even said it will never happen again.

Jordan is in her office, thinking over what Clyde told her, hearing the truck crash in her mind, calling out to her mama. Clyde comes in, apologizing for how he told her, how he treated her, should not have done that, yada, yada. Jordan isn't buying any of it, but says thank you for reminding her what a strong persone Tammy Sue is, that she had forgotten, but she won't forget again, as she abruptly leaves the room.

Kate runs into Abby, apologizes for upsetting the news conference about the project. Abby has her number, knows she did it to get at Jordan, knows she doesn't like her. Kate makes no bones about not liking Jordan or Tammy Sue or whatever she is calling herself, but is still sorry. Abby says she is surprised that a woman of Kate's class, and age, would do such a thing.

Clyde meets up with Jeremiah in the park, asks about the trucking business, guess there was a set to between the Kiriakis truckers and the Weston ones, who came armed with tire irons and chains, so came out ahead. Clyde is pleased, time Kiriakis learned a lesson.

Tad & Ben are bemoaning the lack of customers, that the Club is really losing money tonight. Ben doesn't need to either lose his job or be laid off. In comes Chad, commenting that he won't lose his job as long as Chad is dating his sister. Ooops, Ben's dander goes up, but Chad is sorry, it seems anything he says doesn't sit well with Ben. He really wonders if Ben has talked to Jordan (since Ben did the blurting out of Clyde's donation) suggesting he talk to her. Abby has come in, Ben gets riled up, what goes on between Jordan and me stays between Jordan and me. Chad leaves. Ben wishes he did not react the way he does to Chad, but concedes he is right. Abby convinces him that he needs to get away from it all, suggesting they go out. Ben has to work, but Tad grins, will close up, knowing if he had a beautiful girl like Abby, Ben would do the same for him. LOL. Abby promises to find him one.

Jordan comes back to her office, where Chad is waiting, surprising her. He thinks they should go out, forget everything, even bought her a dress, a gold sparkly one.
Clyde meets up with Kate, and figures that since she so kindly arranged for word to get out that he was the donor, reporters are calling, everyone thinking he is such a great person. He is taking her out to thank her.

And over to the new club, where Nicole & Serena are really going at it. Laughing at Nicole removing her earrings first, so come on....b*****.. Serena attacks they are rolling around on the floor, and guess what. Those too short dresses that barely cover their butts don't even move. Must be glued on, Customers are scurrying away, Rafe sees what is going on, comes over and separates them, tho they are kicking and screaming. Daniel & Eric come in (having outside decided that one couple should leave the club), each grabbing one of the gals. Nicole says Serena started it, but Serena claims it was on purpose the drink got spilled. They argue, the guys have a hard time, but finally the women calm down. A female witness says she saw the whole thing, but actually was on the other side of the room, behind some people, so did not really. Eric & Serena leave to his apartment. Nicole apologizes to Rafe, then sadly asks Daniel why SHE is the one who always has to say she is sorry. They leave to his apartment.
Serena is blathering away to Eric about Nicole, he is talking of how there is nothing between him & Nicole but she is always getting into his life. Serena decides to change the subject, asks to see the rest of his art collection. He says it is packed up, or stored in his bedroom. She smiles at the "bedroom", but quickly says only kidding, she knows the boundaries. They kiss, then kiss again....and she decides she should go home, refusing to let Eric walk her.

Ben & Abigail are at the new club, when Clyde & Kate come in. Rafe won't have table for them for a while yet, tells them to sit at the bar, but Kate says there are two chairs right here, am sure they won't mind if we join them. Abby & Ben are giving each other looks....but the older couples sits down, orders, then Clyde is regaling the younger couple with a tale of fishing with Ben when he was younger, catching a big one, falling out of the boat, while Ben was laughing so hard, nearly fell out himself. In come Chad & Jordan, who takes one look at the laughing foursome, tells Chad she can't stay there, and rushes out. Ben jumps up to chase after Jordan, with Abby jumping up to chase after Ben. Chad stops her, telling her to leave Ben talk to Jordan, who cannot believe Ben is getting so cozy with Clyde. "What is wrong with you"?
Back at the table, Clyde is telling the waitress to hold the champagne til the others return. Rafe smiles, tells Clyde & Kate to finish their drinks, make their toasts or whatever, and then leave. "You are not welcome here". (LOL, loved it!)

At Daniel's, they are kissing, decide Melanie will be walking in, and to go to her hotel, she agrees. Nicole is asking him if he believes her, that spilling that drink was an accident, and Serena started it all. Yes, he does. Nicole then starts rattling on how Serena is a piece of work, she hates her, thinks maybe she is psycho. Doesn't Daniel. However, he won't go that far as to say he hates her, will see her at the hospital, tell her to stay away from Nicole. But Nikki's face changes. She can see Daniel is not on her side, figures she is just going to go home, and leaves. Daniel calls Eric, tells him he is seeing Nicole now......and....but Eric says knows he should not say this, but he knows Nicole, and he hopes Daniel won't be sorry for getting involved with her..She is poison. Daniel slowly replies that Eric is right, he should not have said that. And hangs up.

Serena sits in the square going thru her laptop (wonder where it came from??) and says....Oh, so that is what I am up against.

Nicole is on the phone to the tipster. He called the right person, she is ready to hear all he has to say about Serena Mason. If you want to bring her down, I am the right person to do it.

Oh, Nicole definitely owned the show today. As well as the line of the day : "Why am I always the one who has to say I'm sorry ?" Good question, Nicole ! And I'm sure many viewers, including myself, keep asking the same question.

I have never detested Eric more than I did today. He's beyond redemption at this point. And I hope Serena hurts him deeply (of course, I would never wish that in real life, don't worry), like he hurt Nicole. His whole attitude today was horrible. Simply horrible. And Serena is bad to the bone, I'm sure of it. So I say : good for Nicole to take the tip. I hope she brings Serena down, and the rest of the Salemites, on their knees.

Jordan, Ben, Clyde, Abigail, Paul, Will : To quote a line from Friends, "I know you're talking, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah". zzzzzzzzzzzzz

T is definitely underused, though. And Rafe today disappointed me : the way he talked about Nicole was hurtful and uncalled for. As far as Daniel is concerned, I'm betting he won't "stand by" (though I didn't see much of that today) Nicole for long. :beat:

I enjoyed Nicole today, and also liked that he stood by her side and dismissed what Eric said. Eric'll be eating crow once he realizes what Serena is really like.

The Westons, Abigail, Kate, Will and Paul were boring filler. But it was nice to see T today. And I DID like what Abby told Kate about someone her age/class shouldn't be acting that way.

Thanks for the summary.

Kudos to Rafe for inviting Kate and creepy Clyde to leave "Club Victor," but he really needs a doorman to screen the crowd. If Victor wants a young, hip crowd at his place, Rafe will have to keep out the likes of the woman in white who claimed that Nicole deliberately spilled her drink on Serena the witch. On the subject of creepy Clyde, it was interesting that he mentioned once falling in a river. Now that he's declared war on the mighty Kiriakis empire, he just might be taking a dip in the Salem River, but unlike Tricky Nicky, he won't be coming up again. Finally, fie on the writers for once again making Nicole look bad by having her get into a snit over the Love Doctor's failure to instantly join the "hate Serena club." Nicole is no fool. She'd realize the more that Dr. McScruffy sees of this conniver, the more he'd see that she is hateful.

I know that I am probably in the vast minority here, but honestly....I am tired of Nicole's antics. I understand that she had a difficult upbringing, and I do truly hurt for her on the baby front. And, she's had challenges in her love stories, too. At some point though, the excuses, whining, lies and antics get old. Take some pride in and responsibility for yourself, grow up and be the person that you will love and that will attract the kind of man that you truly want to be in a relationship with, too. If you act like the victim, you'll be the victim. At her age and life experience level, it's no one's fault but her own if she keeps going down the same rabbit hole time and time again. Okay, my own rant is now done!

I detest Serena. I echo Writer's comment and hope Eric gets burned by her and Nicole can laugh and say I told you so! It's so obvious where this is headed. Even though it's personal now, Daniel will reject Nicole once he finds out about her going after Serena. I say good riddance then. This relationship began with accusations and ultimatums. It was doomed to fail. Too bad, because I actually liked them together but that all ended once Daniel said he had to run things by Jennifer first before so much as accepting a date with Nicole. And yet she's the one who's hung up on her ex. Riiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. :rolleyes:

Just an aside about wardrobe....Holy moly could the skirts be any shorter?! I was cringing when Serena jumped on top of Nicole during their fight and was straddling her. O.M.G. Yes, I know they are out at a club but wow. I thought Abigail looked very pretty. I did like the dark navy color of Serena's dress.

Agree with others about Rafe. I think it gave him some satisfaction to basically tell Clyde and Kate to get the hell out of his club. Lol.

Ugh. After today's episode, I just can't. Will fessed up that he's in a relationship (showing not a shred of guilt by the way), and Paul still pushes. Nicole pathetically begs Daniel to dislike Serena, then decides to forge ahead on a personal vendetta. Eric is obsessed to near psychosis by Nicole, but his rapist gets nary a thought. Really terrifying characterisation here.

AND HOW STUPID IS IT that Will the wunderkind writer is STILL working on this crummy article about a has-been pitcher? Yeesh.

I honestly can't say anything positive about today.

To answer Nicole's question "why is she the one that always has to say sorry?"
Because her name is Nicole and she's written that way. Interesting Rafe
mentioned her temper. I think we all know Nicole is going to "shoot
herself in the foot again."

Will we ever learn the name of the nightclub? Maybe they can call
it the fight club :)

So what did Serena find on the "Ewe" search? Did she find the name
Misty Circle?

Interesting to learn Eric does have more of his collection.

Jordan has an office aka hospital patient room. I think Jordan is remembering
what actually happened. Was Clyde telling the truth or not?

Nice to see Tad on again. When Will talked to Paul about when
he came "out", I remembered Tad's reaction.

Ben has to work, but Tad grins, will close up, knowing if he had a beautiful girl like Abby, Ben would do the same for him. LOL. Abby promises to find him one.
It's always good to see the cheerful, friendly T, but he should beware of Ms. Perfect's offer to find him a girlfriend. He should go out and find himself a nice young lady that he can take home to mother. Anybody who moves in Abigail's social circle would be someone to avoid like the plague. Look at the people that she hangs out with -- Nurse Betty Boop, the dazed and confused Jordan, etc. A good guy like T certainly deserves somebody better than that type of person.

I thought Tad was supposed to be a little player before he became the lonely loser.

I hate that this show had two women in their 30's with careers, resort to fighting in a club because of a spilled drink, yet Eric can't even be angry at his "best friend" for not only being best buddies with his rapist but also for almost sleeping with her.

I don't get why Kate hates Jordan and I bet she doesn't understand why she hates her either.

Back