Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 29, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 29, 2018

Gabi & Lani sit in the park, having a long, long conversation, wherein Gabi learns Lani is pregnant, how she feels about it, how JJ feels, and Lani learns all that Gabi thought when she found Lani’s earring in Eli’s room. Zzzzzzzz.

Viv comes rushing into the study, all worried and upset the police were there, sees the warrant. Stefan tells of giving the security footage to them, which gets her even more upset. They will know that Stefan and Vivian were in Andre’s office with his dead body. Stefan says no.

Anna sits with Roman, doing her usual ditzy yapping about Tony’s ashes, how she feels lost without the urn, which is now down at the cop shop, then she rambles about Andre being killed with it, justice, as in actuality, it was Tony who killed Andre. More blathering about this, and how Roman should not have said she was with him. She is not happy learning Roman gave the letter to John who consulted then with his partner, Steve. Roman trusts them both, so not to worry.

Replay of John spiking Steve’s drink, as Steve looks over the letter. They will get to work on it, Steve thanks John for trusting him, and still working with him, despite his health problems. He appreciates him, says John is best partner he could possibly have. Later, John is talking to someone on phone, saying Steve has no idea his best friend is poisoning him.

JJ is with Hope, all happy about Lani having a baby, and that she told Hope. Hugs, and good wishes flow. He cannot wait to feel the baby kick, hold it in his arms. He asks Hope when does one feel the baby move, she says 4-5 months.

John has left, Steve is trying to read something, takes the glasses off, puts them back on, gets exasperated, cannot see a thing, throws the glasses across the table.

JJ runs into Lani & Gabi, learns that Gabi now knows of the pregnancy, more gushing, etc.

Rafe & Eli watch the footage, which we see regular time, and speeded up. Kate, Gabi, (Eli & Rafe talk about her getting fired, how mad Eli was), and then they see Anna arrive. Uh, oh, Roman lied, here is proof. She goes in with the urn, doesn’t have it when she leaves. But the tape goes black right then. They call Hope in, show her Anna, etc.

Kate comes into the Pub, yapping at Anna being the one who murdered her husband in cold blood. She goes on and on, despite Roman telling her to cool it. Kate is on a roll, though………until Anna has Roman notice Hope & Rafe/Eli coming in. She says she wants both Anna & Roman to come down to the station, tells Roman they have proof he lied, tells the guys to read them their rights. Cue Anna & Roman looking very uncomfortable.

Vivian is still upset about the cops having the security footage, but Stefan tells her he had the footage turned off just before they got there.

This episode dragged interminably for me, and, in my opinion, you could watch the first 5-10 min. and then the last few, and you will have seen it all. To me, not at all a good payoff for the Friday "cliffhanger", but perhaps it is just me.

Gabi and Lani: I didn't find those scenes boring, I actually thought they were kind of nice, at least I did once I got past my initial reaction of "Wait, since when are Gabi and Lani talking buddies?" If Lani can learn to overcome her seeming habit of falling into bed with Gabi's boyfriends, I think I could like them as friends. :)

I thought there was some pretty good dialogue today. Here are some of my favorite bon mots:

Anna: If Tony had to be used as a murder weapon, at least he looked his best.
Roman: There you go. Always looking on the bright side.

Rafe and Eli discussing Vivian:

Eli: After 20 seconds of her crashing the DiMera New Year's Eve party, even I started to hate her.
Rafe: 20 seconds? You have a very high tolerance level.

:eek: Lyin' Roman: Before lying for Anna, didn't he consider the possibility that the DiMera offices have security cameras? Was he lulled into a false sense of security by the fact that the DiMansion doesn't even seem to have locks on the doors and windows?

:confused: Cover-up Lani & Gabby Gabi: Their cozy little encounter lacked full disclosure. Lani still concealed the identify of the real baby daddy and Gabi's rhapsody about being pregnant omitted her trip to an abortion clinic.

:confused: Naive JJ: He wants Lani to take it easy? is that possible? After all, she works for the Salem P.D., which generally requires almost no work at all.

:eek: Deluded Vivian: She doesn't make mistakes? Really? If so, how did she end up in her own magic sarcophagus?

She says she wants both Anna & Roman to come down to the station, tells Roman they have proof he lied, tells the guys to read them their rights.
Nice. A murderer is lecturing a liar. No way did Anna do it. I'll lay $400 that she just forgot the urn in a huff and someone else used it to kill him (or used something else and then made it look like the urn was the weapon).

However if Anna is the killer, and is arrested (or promoted to commissioner) promptly and we move to an exciting new story, I will tattoo Ron Carlivati's name on 3 visible body parts.

Thanks, Poirot.

So another person in Salem knows Lani is pregnant.

Eli needs to talk to Julie about Vivian. I'm sure she'll tell him about
burying Carly alive.

The only interesting thing today was that we learned Stefan and
Vivian were in Andre's office with his dead body.

I'm glad the Salem PD figured out there was some video missing.
What if the missing video shows the actual murderer?

Inasmuch as Kate walked in, coat open no gloves or scarf, am guessing someone said, here, throw this on so it looks cold outside, just as they were rummaging thru the bag of stuff going to the dumpster. :) (Is that the same one that Eve was wearing a while back?)

Back