Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 9, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 9, 2017

Slow moving today, but a bit of action. Steve, Paul, Rafe & Marlena have arrived in Prague, got hotel room, and are making plans. Rafe is going to get hold of Resnick, the undercover ISA agent, Steve will make get hold of his ISA contacts, Marlena will try a local cafe, take Stef's grainy pic, Paul will go along for protection. Paul is so excited about this whole thing, wonders why others are so calm. Well, they have been down this road before, tangling with Stefano, many times.

Hope has decided to check out of the infirmary, way too early, despite visitor Hattie's attempts to dissuade her until she is a bit stronger. Hope is determined, knows she is a target, but NO violence on her end. She questions Hattie about her ex, Alfie, as she is attempting to get info. Hattie doesn't much want to talk about him, but tells a tale of how he can speak Japanese, and then later remembers an antique pocket watch that Alfie had, was so proud of, and also, that he was so "fancy". After she says this, the camera goes to a man's hand opening a pocket watch, staring at it......and ......it is Andre.

Hope goes back to regular jail, constantly holding her side, has a private talk with Sheila, attempting to make peace, call a truce, tarot card talk, CoCo comes in, making cracks about Hope putting her husband away for life, Hope saying perhaps he should not have committed the crime. She leaves, CoCo & Sheila gab, deciding the only way they can gain leadership is by showing force....one dead cop. They leave, Hattie & Annabelle are there next, talking over all the dames they have lined up on Hope's side, but some a bit scared. Hattie has an idea, they leave.

Joey is at hospital with Jade, who is being discharged. He wants her to wait til she is cleared, she doesn't want to. She is sad, despondent, etc. A nurse comes to get her for a final check. Kayla has been listening to them, comes to talk to Joey, who is still blaming himself, God is punishing him for killing Ava. His mother assures him that is not the way it works, it is not karma. He insists it happens all the time, she says movies, TV, etc. is all fiction, just someone's imagination, not real life. She is very encouraging, urges him to go see Dr. Howard, the psychiatrist she recommended to him, gets a call, has to leave. Joey will wait for Jade.

But Jade evidently takes off, as next Joey is chasing after her in the square. She is sad, figures he is a great guy, but now there is no baby, even if his family lets her stay, they will soon be wanting her gone. No, she isn't going to college, won't let Joey or his parents help her go. She is going to the house, pack her things, will be figuring out where she will go, stay, she always does.

Steve is on the phone with Kayla, she fills him in on Joey's guilt fueling his sadness, blaming himself, etc., how she tried to tell him he is not to blame, etc. Steve promises as soon as they find Stefano, he will be back safe with her.

Rafe meets with Resnick, gets filled in on how she finally got to sit on the meeting, though the man kept his hat pulled low, and his head down. Rafe wants to meet this guy, she doubts it, they are super cautious, but Rafe tells her to promise them anything, heck, if she can even get a phone call they can trace, or make arrangements for a multi million dollar shipment. She will try.

Andre sits fingering a chess piece, talking to his father, how he came there to help him, took great risks to do so, thought he loved Andre. But you let me grieve, and Chad, too, while you played your games. Well, I am tired of playing this your way. No more. He slams his hand down on the table, the chess pieces scatter.

Marlena & Paul enter a cafe, get seated, waiter/owner greets them, gives menus, will bring coffee. Marlena shows the picture of Stefano, yes, he has been here, last time maybe a week or two ago. He goes to get the coffees, Paul is looking over the menu, commenting it is hard with foreign language. She notes the English is italicized. Suddenly she notes, over your shoulder, Hat, coat. A man is seated in a booth across and back of them. Paul says he will use his phone, pretend to be checking if he has a signal. They are whispering, (someone has snapped pics of them with a phone) Paul gets up, a shot rings out, Marlena ducks down, he leans over her, looking around. The man gets up, hurries out, Marlena tells Paul to follow the guy, she will try to locate the shooter. She gets up, goes outside, looks around, doesn't see anyone. As she begins to go back in, a figure come out, she grabs the person. Aha, got you. The person turns around...it is Anna DiMera, waving a gun. Marlena is shocked.....what are you doing?

Once again, who sits outside for a meal, this time of year, in Prague, when the highs are below 30°? And Marlena is going to find the shooter? Right, that makes sense. What the heck was Jade wearing? Aside from the fedora, the guy did not remotely resemble Stefano.

Poke...myself...in...the...eye!

Thanks for the write up. I forced myself away from work to sit and eat, and watched the show. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I love standing in an alley way. No hats, no scarves, no gloves ,chatting about bad guys. Really???

I want to travel as a Salemite. Just imagine all the space you'd have in your suitcase if you didn't have to pack layers??

My favorite moment today:

Hattie (telling Hope about "Alfie") He took me out for sushi because he said he spoke Japanese. *chuckling* So we got to the restaurant and he started yammering at the waitress and she started yammering back and.... Oh, wait I guess he did speak Japanese.

LOL I've said it before but could we please keep her?

As far as the revelation that "Alfie" was really Andre goes I kind of suspected that would end up being the case. I'm not sure he'll ever be exposed on the show because I have a feeling that was just an "easter egg" for the audience then an actual plot point but we'll see.

I have to say I was kind of surprised at Andre's reaction to the possibility of Stefano being alive.. I would have expected to see him holding up a glass of champagne and toasting "fatha" for pulling off such a gambit. Is it possible Andre is capable of some kind of human feeling after all? Nah, couldn't be.

Meanwhile on sound stage 24, er, I mean in Prague. LOL

I did like how they showed how out of his depth Paul is in this situation. How he didn't realize that the menu could also be read in English. But I have to ask is it possible that he misheard Marlena when she said that she was going after the shooter? Because otherwise I would be saying really Paul? LOL

I wonder what time everyone left for Prague? They are still in the same clothes
and so is everyone in Salem. Maybe it's late afternoon.

So, Andre might be Alfie. Will they be able to prove he stole the money so Hattie
will get out of jail? We know how the DiMeras work..She just has to get out of
jail for Mr Roman.

Another sad day for Joey and Jade.

People in Salem need to go to the prison infirmary instead of the hospital.
You get pants when you wear a gown :)

After she says this, the camera goes to a man's hand opening a pocket watch, staring at it......and ......it is Andre.
I did not see this coming. Bravo writers.

I am actually going to miss Jade. I wish Joey would skip town for awhile.

Meanwhile - colour me confused. I'm actually on André's side in this whole "fatha" deceit. Too much to hope this is still a red herring?

A few conversations that might have brightened today's episode.
At the Hospital:
Jade: These doctors just want to run up the bill.
Joey: Jade, you're an honorary Johnson, and no Johnson, Brady, or Horton ever has to pay for hospital care.

At the Prague Hotel:
Rafe: Hey, this place looks a lot like Martin House.
Steve: Sure does. Maybe there's a whole chain of semi-identical, faux cozy hotels.

Marlena: I'm going to a cafe to show people the picture of the man who might be Stefano.
Paul: A cafe? Do you know how many restaurants, cafes, bars, and clubs there are in this city?

In the alley:
ISA Agent: It coulda, sorta, maybe was Stefano. I saw him walk into the room.
Rafe: Walked? Stefano was over 80, an invalid, and needed a wheelchair.
ISA Agent: Ooops.

Finally, the writers should really stay away from secret agent stuff set in foreign countries. The plot has more holes than Swiss cheese, and the sets just don't cut it. They should stick to more traditional soap fare -- marital conflict, cheating of all varieties, medical crises, backstabbing, etc., etc. When they venture into James Bond territory, all they have is something that at best might be fourth rate .

I wonder what time everyone left for Prague? They are still in the same clothes and so is everyone in Salem. Maybe it's late afternoon.

Once again, time means nothing on this show. Remember Steve traveling from Mexico to Salem in the span of a commercial break? Or how about the group that went to Europe for the Tate reveal and Kristen's "death". All in the same day.

I did not see this coming. Bravo writers

When she started talking about speaking Japanese, I figured it was Andre but I did not pick up on this from the spoilers so yes well done.

Meanwhile - colour me confused. I'm actually on André's side in this whole "fatha" deceit. Too much to hope this is still a red herring?

I wonder the same thing. Could Andre have helped Stefano escape and then maybe Stefano double crossed him? Also, are Andre and Hattie now part of the Stefano storyline or is this a separate thing?

As for Prague, I have to say I think they did a pretty good job redressing the sets so far aside from the alley/old loft hallway set. The hotel set alone looked like a combination of at least 3 Salem sets.

It truly is interesting what the show remembers and what they forget. They remember Stefano was in a wheelchair but forget that Hattie was most recently working in an office in Chicago or that they've already had the conversation about Joey needing therapy months ago. Continuity people!

Another missed storyline opportunity for Marlena. Why not suggest her as Joey's therapist? Characters are capable of more than one storyline at once.

I thought Rafe had chemistry with the ISA agent. I hope she isn't a Dimera plant.

I was noticing what pieces of sets were put together as well.

One thing that is bugging me about this is that it's only about how Hope's life is at stake - I think Rafe said it 5 times (exaggerating :sarcasm:)
Also Marlena looking for the shooter made no sense but I did like her finding Anna, so there's that.

Once again, time means nothing on this show. Remember Steve traveling from Mexico to Salem in the span of a commercial break? Or how about the group that went to Europe for the Tate reveal and Kristen's "death". All in the same day.
My favorite "time-travel" one was when Max had gone to France and Stephanie followed him. In the time it took Caroline to serve lunch in the pub, Stephanie not only went all the way to France, she found the exact train Max had boarded, and managed to get on there and find him....all before the chowder got cold.

So, Steve, Paul, Marlena, and Rafe walk into a "Prague Hotel", a/k/a the Martin House, Doug and Julie's B&B, Kate's house. Then Steve and Resnick take a walk in an alley, a/k/a one where Dario's shipments arrive. And then Paul and Marlena sit in a cafe which looks remarkably like the "cafe" in New York where Nancy met Philip and like the one in Chicago where Nicole and Chloe met.

Surely, the set designers can do better. We tolerate the single hospital room, the "offices" where they just move the desks around because they are in Salem. But if you are going to create "Prague" surely it should look foreign - not just like Salem. I've been to Prague and well, it doesn't look like what I saw today.

Back