Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 9, 2017

Yes, gone are the days when the show would have actually gone to Europe. However, I do not understand why they cannot use backdrops, or blow up photos (which they did long ago) to use as "scenery". i.e. one time the show (or at least the camera man, was in Minneapolis, and they filmed a lot of homes on the outside, which they ended up using when they were about to show characters inside. So there were the big mansions for DiMera & Kiriakis, Courthouse, Salem P.D. (that bldg. was huge) bungalow, brownstone, hospital, college.......this was a lot of years ago, and eventually they decided to not bother with the "outside" shot.

But there are those painted backdrops, which they COULD use to pretend there is snow outside, blue skies, etc. etc.

I thought the hotel set was actually a combination of all 3 mansion sets.

Also, they filmed the Stockholm stuff at Universal Studios. Those street sets are still there as I took the tram tour during Day of Days weekend. Surely those would be cheap to use since they're owned by NBC.

I wonder the same thing. Could Andre have helped Stefano escape and then maybe Stefano double crossed him?
I am starting to suspect that André is faking this doppelganger stuff to distract people while he steals money. He's busying them with the left hand so they don't see what his right hand's doing.

Thanks for the summary---a decent episode.

I was shocked to find myself enjoying the Joey/Jade storyline more than anything else on the soap. The acting is just great, and I really do feel for the characters, even though I didn't want them to ever do a pregnancy storyline for them, nor did I like them as a pair. Kudos to the writers and actors for that, and to the writers for the surprise of Andre apparently being Hattie's guy. Hopefully we get to see them in action, and everyone's reaction.

The Prague storyline is a bit cheap and cheesy. Like others here have already said, more could've been done to show that they were, in fact, in another place. It just looks like Salem. It was nice to see Anna DiMera.

Back