Days Of Our Lives - Mon. July 14, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 14, 2014

JJ walks in the square, flashing back to his conversation with Eve, trying to call his mom, then buying flowers and going home. At the Horton house, Jennifer is holding and comforting her crying daughter, starting to blame EJ for seducing her, but Abby stops her cold. No, he did not do that, and I have to take responsibility for my part in all this. She talks of how EJ was nice to her, listened to her, and when both were at the Horton cabin, it just happened. And yes, it happened again, at the changing room, just as Sami said. She is so sorry, so ashamed of herself. Jennifer is appalled at the idea of Abby & EJ, but loves her daughter and will help her thru it all. Jen knows that Sami's revenge is not over. JJ comes home, hears some of this, and gets filled in. Abby thinks JJ must hate her, but he says after what he put this family thru the past year, he could never hate her, and will be standing by her as well. He worries that Sami will come back, but Abby tells how Jen threw Sami out. LOL
Abby goes upstairs to be alone, throws cold water on her face, while JJ tells his mom about going to see Eve. Jen is not happy about that, even though JJ says Eve was really rather reasonable. She knows that isn't true, & tells JJ she wants him on her side, as the only way this family will be able to get thru this is if they all stand together.

At Will's apt. Sami has said her nasty piece about EJ rotting in jail, and informs the guys about his cheating with Will's cousin Abigail. Sonny cannot believe it, at first Will neither, til he flashes back to Abby talking about some guy, and how totally inappropriate it was. So he knew Abby was involved, but not with who. Eric arrives, sees Sami, and gets filled in. All the men are dumbfounded when Sami admits she has known for weeks, even before the wedding, and how she is now co-CEO of DiMera companies. Eric takes her away to talk, Will tells Sonny that for now, they should just stay out of it. (Sonny wanted to call Abby).
In the park, Eric talks to Sami, who is still angry, tells all. Eric doesn't want her going over to blast Abby, but the look on Sami's face, tells him, she already did. He tries to reason with her, but she brags of her co-CEO position, and how she is going to make sure that both EJ & his father are left with nothing. She & Kate will see to that. Kate?? asks Eric. Yes, brags Sami.Stefano & EJ gave us proxies and power of attorney, even if we had to trick them a bit, but we have 6 months. Long enough.

At the fake Gala, a replay of the end of Aiden & Hope's dance, she pulls away slightly, is obviously uncomfortable with how she is feeling. So is Aiden. Ciara & Chase come back in. scolding Hope for stopping their dance. Hope claims to have forgotten the steps, but Ciara doesn't buy that. And now Marlena comes in, gets praise from Hope for her MC duties, chatter is going on. Father Louis comes in, as does Roman & Giselle (who gives Hope dirty looks.) Oh, it all is going so well, Hope wraps something up for Caroline, Aiden wraps another item in tissue paper. (Gad this is all such a farce). Giselle is jealous Roman talks to Marlena, Aiden takes Giselle aside to distract her. Hope claims to be exhausted and is going to leave, despite Ciara protesting. Marlena hangs around a bit, Chase takes pic of her, Father Louis comes in, says this gala had a 50% more profit than last year. Aiden is having flashbacks of dancing with Hope, while she sits at the Pub with Ciara, also flashing back to the same thing. Ciara knows her mom was not tired, just used it as an excuse to leave. She thinks she knows why, Mommy was missing Daddy. She brings out her phone, saying what she does when she gets sad, is look at his pic on her phone, (we see a vague pic of Bo on it) Hope says that is sweet. Back at the Gala, Chase wants to call Ciara to tell how well the auction went, but Aiden stops him, saying not to bother them right now. Hope & Ciara are heading for home, but not before Ciara gets more hot chocolate, and Hope has another dance flashback.

Theresa is helping a very drunk Brady into the Kmansion, where he falls on the sofa. Victor & Maggie are at the Gala (they are??) and are spending the night elsewhere. Theresa claims she & Brady are celebrating, as she looks at her wedding ring, but doesn't tell him what. She talks about fun in Vegas, and Brady pours himself another drink, rambling about how he loves Vegas, so much fun, stumbles over the fireplace tools, knocking them all over. Theresa mentions some folks going to Vegas to get married, but Brady rants and rambles about how stupid that is, getting married by an Elvis impersonator, how Kristen taught him one thing about marriage, don't ever do it. And he doesn't intend to. Will never marry again as long as he lives.....down he goes on the floor. She gets him up into a chair, calls John, who nearly hangs up on her, but she insists that Brady is with her, and John has to come over.

He does, she brings him into the living room, where Brady is passed out in a chair. John sits in front of him, talking to him, noticing the bruise on his head, asking what happened. She explains Brady fell, then tells of them being married. John doesn't quite believe her, but she brings out the marriage certificate, shows him. John says that since she plied him with drugs and alcohol, Brady was not of sound mind, and this will be annulled as soon as Brady wakes up in the morning. But Theresa has a deal. She will willingly go to Vegas, get the annullment, if John makes it worth her while. SAy, a million? John writes her a check, Brady need never know. John reaches in his pocket, Theresa smirks, thinking he is getting his checkbook, but he brings out his phone, presses a button, and Theresa hears her own voice offering the deal. He says as soon as Brady hears that, she will be toast, and turns back to face Brady, as Theresa tries to grab his arm, the phone. John brushes her off as he sits down in front of Brady, Theresa falls to the floor, sees the fireplace tools, her hand closes over the poker. She grabs it, gets up, and whacks John on the back of his head, down he goes. She stares at him.

So did Theresa call John over to gloat or to actually help with Brady? She tries to blackmail John, he turns the tables on her and reveals the recording, and she whacks him in the head, possibly sending him into a deep sleep for the rest of the year. I understand John called her a horrible name and pushed her, but I don't doubt for one second that Theresa's primary purpose for hitting John was to save her behind and to preserve her nest egg with sugar daddy Brady. John letting her know he recorded the conversation was a major screw up on his part. John Black would've written the check, sobered Brady up, played the recording for him, then cancelled the check before Theresa had a chance to cash it. Who is this imposter?

Kudos to John Black. Unlike Carrie "Princess Hag" Reed, Salem's worst-ever attorney, he actually knows something about matrimonial law. He's absolutely right about the Brady-Theresa "marriage." As soon as the lout sobers up, he can easily get an annulment because he was so drunk at the ceremony he can't even remember it. Also deserving of kudos is Ciara who immediately saw through Hope's excuse about being sick at the gala. Ciara is very perceptive and is probably the most intelligent person in all of Salem. As for Sami, she'd better be careful about the scope of her revenge campaign. Nobody cares about EJ. Sami could probably set fire to him in the middle of the Town Square and people would cheer, but "Little Abigail" has friends who won't take it very well if Sami subjects her to excessive abuse. And if Sami thinks that her six-month deal as co-CEO affords her any protection, she ought to guess again. If she'd read the sports pages, she'd see that plenty of football and basketball coaches are fired before their contracts are up. The teams that no longer desire their services simply pay them off and tell them to take a hike.

Oh, once Brady said he would never ever marry again, Theresa knew her goose was cooked, so she invited John over to offer the deal. However, he was calling her bluff when he played the snippet of her conversation with him, showing her he was smarter than she thought, came prepared. He had her number, and knew all the problems she had caused at home as well.
John was not even facing her when he pushed her away. It was "just get away from me". But she now knew that she would lose her little gold mine if John made Brady aware, so she conked him.

At that point, John had nothing to lose. He knew Theresa was desperate and he had the recording. Why reveal his hand? He could have just laughed in Theresa's face, waited for Brady to come out of his stupor and then played the recording for him, or sent it to him. Now Theresa's probably going to erase the recording and John will no doubt not remember anything if he wakes up.

When it comes to springing traps, John Black needs lessons from Sami, who, despite all her outrage, hid all her cards until she sprang her trap on clueless EJ. In fact, despite the fact he's been in Salem so long, John Black needs a basic basic survival course. He's a perpetual victim, having been "The Pawn," RoboJohn, the object of EJ's electronic looting scheme, endless abuse from his drunken son, and now the poker-wielding Theresa. Poor John does need a rest, but c'mon writers, another coma is taking things way too far.

Theresa still hasn't learned that blackmail isn't the way to go. Eve is getting far further with her simple explanations that make her schemes sound oh-so-reasonable than Theresa has ever gotten trying to blackmail people who don't go for it. I think she lost it when John mentioned Shane giving up on her. Showing her the recording was beyond stupid...why do that?

However, I don't think writing her the check and cancelling it later would have worked--she probably is sober enough to cash it immediately (and anyway with the way these types of stories drag out we would have been discussing for the next week, "Since when is John so weak as to give in to this kind of blackmail?") I think John should have laughed in her face, called 911 to take care of Brady (causing police-phobic Theresa to flee) and taken his recording to someone who could get Theresa shipped back to the California penal system.

Of course, Rafe might be hesitant because of what just happened with Gabi, and Hope would probably want to give Theresa a 9000th chance but still, there had to be something better to do with the recording than flaunt it in Theresa's face.

Really, TPTB and writers?? A few years ago, Will shot junior in the head, and today he is junior's biggest cheerleader, because junior loves Sami so much?? How pathetic to insult the viewers with this hog-wash; those of us that have watched the show for more than 5 minutes know the history of the characters, and this isn't how the story goes.

Also, when will they learn how to keep the momentum going, too many flashbacks of the dance, too much "mom, will you forgive me?", "of course baby", Abby splash cold water on her face and Will and Sonny talking about Abby. They needed to bring in junior/Sami and continue their fight or Sam doing something to expose Abby!

John/Theresa was an interesting tidbit!

For me the show fell flat, but it shouldn't surprise me... this is DAYS!

Other than the garbage coming out of Will's mouth today about how Sami has loved EJ for so long and how EJ as always loved his mother, the show was really good. Will is definitely the one who has lost his brain now, he is the one who shot EJ . He was never a supporter of EJ until recently.

Also happy to see Abigail own up to her part of the affair with EJ and even though Jennifer is upset, she is supporting her daughter, which I also like.

Loving Aiden and Hope.

Shut up Eric, and Will. Let Sami get her revenge, and destroy EJ and Stefano. Kate and Sami’s scheming is the most entertaining thing this show has done in months.

No, Will, EJ does not love your mother. EJ is not capable of love. EJ claimed to love Sami, Nicole, and Taylor, and look what he did to them. That is not love.

I hope Rafe and Lucas have a more appropriate response, and tell Sami to give EJ hell.

edited to enlarge font....JS

Well, Eric is coming from his perspective as a former priest and his belief that revenge will not benefit Sami in the long run. If only he would be as calm when talking to Nicole and lose the attitude that she's so far beneath him she shouldn't dare look in his direction, never mind talk to him, but that's another story altogether. The point is, I wouldn't expect anything else from Eric than what he said, and I don't expect Sami to listen to him at all.

Great show today even if it didn't a lot of "action". I thought it was very well written but not very well paced. I prefer to see characters get equal airtime within the hour, not see them every 20 minutes.
I loved everything about Jennifer, Abigail and JJ today. The dialogue was spot on, almost as if they were reading this Board. :rotfl:

I actually did like the conversation between Eric and Sami too. He has always been her voice of reason as the good twin. It was the same way the character was played when Jensen Ackles played the role. We haven't seen that for quite some time now so it's good to see again. Glad to hear someone tell Sami that revenge will only hurt her in the end. That is the truth and what will likely happen.

Loved Hope and Aiden. :love: But, I do not like Hope considering herself to be married. I hope this is resolved quickly and not considered an affair. Interesting to see Bo's photo since it has been removed from Hope's office.

I like the use of Ciara and Chase in this storyline too. Days rarely uses kids as more than props so in this case they are helping move the story forward. I think Ciara had more airtime than John.

I do not like Marlena as wallpaper. Why not have John call her to check on Brady instead of sitting there taking selfies with a stranger's son? :confused:

I too was disappointed that John showed his hand. Horrible! I hope his phone is backed up to a Cloud somewhere otherwise, Jeannie Theresa is going to destroy it. Or maybe he recorded the conversation on another, unseen device too? I hope the KMansion has security cameras too.

Jeannie Theresa:sick:. I think we need the angry emoticon back. And I hope she gets locked up or sent back to California and takes Eve with her.:sick:

Thanks for the summary. Nice episode.

I hate that the writers tried to appease EJ-Sami fans by having Will prop them, saying his mom and EJ loved each other for years. Since when? Because EJ was married to Nicole for a very long time and happy with her much of the time, then also happily engaged to Taylor. Meanwhile, Sami had always chosen Lucas and Rafe over EJ and married them both and had a true family.

I also didn't care for Eric talking Sami out of her revenge. Yes he is right, but I also want Sami to take down Elvis and even Abby (and also destroy herself in the end). We now know that Nick sent the photos, as many of us guessed. Predictable, but a smart move.

I like the Hope and Aiden scenes a lot and the use of the children. But Roman and Marlena were, as someone else said here, wallpaper. And Giselle is utterly useless.

The Abby scenes were great. Nice to see Jennifer go from accusing EJ of raping her to being not so judgmental and realizing that while her daughter was wrong, she should be there for her. Loved JJ comforting his mom too. And the mirror scenes were well done. The conversation with Eve at the end was good too, but JJ was right, she seems reasonable.

John was stupid for showing his hand. And while I do not care for him, I hate what Theresa did.

Back