Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 20, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 20, 2015

Another bouncy day...grouped by story as best as possible. Watch out for Real Rafe again, LOL.

Rafe calls Sonny about their basketball game. Sonny's waiting for T, wonders where Will and Lucas are. Later Rafe is speaking with someone named "Tim" about how "they're using local gangs" which has resulted in a lower footprint here in town. He thanks his friend and hangs up.

Will is confronting Paul in the park. Paul tries to inform Will that he's not ready for a relationship, even if Sonny were available, which he is not. Will tells him he talked to his grandmother; Paul flashes back to talking with Kate. They have nothing more to say. Blah blah from Paul about Kate, Will corrects him. Paul promises to steer clear of Will/Sonny.

At Sonny/Will's, Adrienne is shocked that Lucas is watching Ari. He pulled a muscle, can't play the basketball game. What's going on? She tells Lucas she signed the divorce papers, and gave them to Justin. Admits if she could, she'd go back and make it work. He admits, under cross-examination, that he feels the same way about Sami. They work out her living arrangements, he offers her ear if she wants to talk. He asks her to dinner, soon, if she's ready.

At the Kmansion, Kate asks Justin what's wrong. Justin is distracted, Kate keeps blabbing about how Paul will ruin the campaign, etc. Justin tells her she's a broken record, but she's on record. Make it work, or leave. Kate feels she can handle a diva like Paul, is upset that she has to deal with Justin. This is not the day for this, Justin declares. Later, Kate is boasting about a victory getting some department store space from Countess W. Justin apologises for yelling at her, tells Kate they signed the divorce papers. Kate wonders if Justin really wants the divorce, claims to want Justin focused on work, has nothing to do with Lucas/Adrienne. Justin calls Kate on her constant interference with Lucas. Kate reminds him of his plan putting Paul in Salem. She wants to scheme with him to separate Lucas and Adrienne. Justin accepts the blame for his marriage because he "punted" rather than working on what was wrong. Justin tells Kate to be careful (re: Clyde). She feels she can take care of herself.

In the square, Chad asks Ben if Abigail is OK. She's fine, Ben reports. At Club TBD, Sonny calls T, whose girlfriend won't let him play with Sonny. Chad shows up.

At Ben/Abby's, replay of Hope comforting Abby when Clyde arrives. Hope tries to drop hints to get Clyde to leave, he offers to help. He knows Ben's not there, tells them about the super not coming, brings in a bag of tools and goes to work on the sink. Hope and Abby talk secretly four feet from Clyde, raising his suspicion. About how nobody should know, especially Jennifer. Abby has to get ready for work, Clyde needs a part for the sink. Abby suggests he arrange that with Ben, she has to go. Clyde leaves his tools, slowly walks out the door. Hope notices Abby's still upset, Abby flashes back to telling Will about the paternity snafu. Tells Hope she's not planning on terminating the pregnancy. Hope assures Abby that Ben will help, they're all here for her. Hope leaves, and Clyde is stalking outside. Abby goes into the shower, and Clyde sneaks into the apartment and goes through Abby's phone. Finds no new messages from DiMera, but takes a picture of something next to Abby's phone. Sneaks out just as Abby is leaving.

Ben meets up with Rafe for their game, Ben hopes the rest of the players aren't late, he has to meet Abigail. Rafe's glad to hear things are going well with them. Sonny shows up, has replaced T with Chad. Will shows up, having replaced Lucas with Paul. Joking about athletic abilities. Sonny asks Paul what's up, is surprised that Will invited him to play. Chad and Ben are playing rough, Sonny questions the decision to put them on opposing teams, thought things were in the past with them. Will flashes back to talking with Abby about her pregnancy, keeps it from Sonny. Between games, the guys kibbutz about the name Vanquish for the cologne, it seems to be disliked by all, Chad jokes that they should keep it. Chad and Ben pump their chests, Chad thinks he'll win. Then Chad and Will have an aside, Chad knows Will's keeping "[his] friends close and [his] enemies closer."

Later, the second game is over, Rafe offers Ben more shifts at work, Ben turns him down because Clyde's helping out. Rafe asks how Jordan feels about that, Ben doesn't want to talk to people who have closed minds about Clyde. Rafe then says goodbye to Will, Paul, and Sonny, and leaves. Paul wonders why Chad was skipped, Sonny laughs that it's a long story. Chad sits down to answer emails, Will conscripts Paul to help him carry things to the Club. A bit later, Lucas comes up with Arianna, talks to Chad, who makes cute faces at Arianna while Lucas takes an urgent call about MadWorld swiping the Harrod's account. Chad calls Will, gets the OK to leave Arianna with him.

At TBD, after speaking with Chad, Will and Adrienne talk about Paul's staying in Salem, and how Will is trying to be OK with it (after she expresses shock that Paul played b-ball with Will & Sonny). Will sees she's upset, has her sit while he gets Sonny so she can talk to him.

In the back, Sonny and Paul talk about Will's sudden turnaround. Will enters, admonishes his husband's surprise, just wants everyone to get along. Tells Sonny about Adrienne, Sonny leaves. Paul tells Will he owes him an apology. Will says it's not necessary, Paul's reaction was understandable. Invites Derrick and Paul to do something with him & Sonny sometime, as friends. Paul goes out to the main part of the Club, sees Adrienne and Sonny parting. Sonny admits he saw it coming but is still dumbstruck by it. Will appears, Paul scoots out. Will hugs Sonny.

Rafe and Hope meet outside Club TBD, she's interested in what his contact said. The FBI can't make a case, but Salem's already on their radar. Rafe says they know the source: Clyde Weston. Talks about how things have changed since Clyde came to town, slowly increased arrest records, etc. Hope worries about Ben, Rafe fills her in on what he knows, how he despised Clyde until recently.

At a table in the Square, Clyde is "Ewe Search"-ing on his phone when Kate comes up, starving. But he has to cancel because urgent business came up. She coyly flirts, but he rushes off anyway. Ben comes up, is surprised Kate is alone. Kate tells Ben not to take Abigail for granted, or he'll lose her.

At Ben/Abby's, Abby notices Ben's watch, plans to drop it off with him on her way to work. Picks us the paper Clyde was examining, says she should have filled it already. Laments that she has two weeks to know who the father is.

Clyde looks at the picture he took of Abigail's prescription, it's a prenatal vitamin.

Cutting through the park, Abby sees Chad being cutesy with Arianna. (He even talks about Arianna's namesake, his daughter, Grace!!) Abby gets teary.

Pretty good episode overall, despite some glaring logic holes (wouldn't be a day in Salem without one, right?). Nicely covered by some use of history.

So...how long until Justin and Kate do a horizontal dance? Kate's mad because her rapist drug lord boyfriend brushed her off, and Justin is sad and gloomy for wrecking his marriage. I give it 3 days.

And...once again, Hope and Abby have been having a conversation for 3 episodes but a whole week has passed. I can't wait until we learn who the father "really" is. And I hope the new writers change it. And then change it again. And then again. LOL

BIGGEST MISTAKE of the day was not including Derrick in that shirtless basketball game. :love:

Okay YPG, now you've done it. I'm going to have to watch when I get home to see Kate's outfit. Sounds typical of Salem's cutting edge of fashion.

Thanks Jason for the summary. I always have hushed conversations about private matters that could possibly concern someone I don't want knowing about said conversation 4 feet from them. Sheesh, doesn't everyone????

Kate looked like her outfit had been picked out by a 3 year old. Just awful.

removed comment pertaining to actor - JS

Loved the scene with little Ari and Chad. She's starting to talk a little! Now maybe she can teach Parker! :sarcasm:

Thanks, Jason. Too bad Abby did not come out of the shower when Clyde was there. But....just curious. Clyde is living in a hotel room. But has a whole satchel full of plumbing tools?? Amazing! And then, the sink is plugged up......but it needs a new valve? Hmm, aren't those used for the water pipes? I mean, water coming in from.....well, I guess the main lines.
I mean plugged up usually is the drain lines??? Sigghhhh.

Thanks for the summary. Good show, lots going on today. Not much else I can say that hasn't already been said, though I will agree about how terrible Kate's outfit was. My goodness, one of the worst I've ever seen.

BIGGEST MISTAKE of the day was not including Derrick in that shirtless basketball game. :love:
Yes, where was Derrick? There's been no mention that he's acquired a new job since leaving the Salem Inn, so he should have been available. Another mistake was mentioning T, but not putting him on screen. TPTB should realize that if their writers want to put a smile on viewers' faces (and make them forget boring plot lines and plodding dialogue), they should get Rory and T, live and in person, into episodes.
Clyde is living in a hotel room. But has a whole satchel full of plumbing tools?? Amazing! And then, the sink is plugged up ... but it needs a new valve? Hmm, aren't those used for the water pipes? I mean, water coming in from.....well, I guess the main lines. I mean plugged up usually is the drain lines??? Sigghhhh.
We can add plumbing to the long list of topics, which the writers don't bother to research. All they had to do was have Clyde say that the drain was clogged and that he was going out to buy a snake. Finally, one of the more notable lines today was Ben saying about Clyde: "He's different." Really? Even Sami "EJ has Changed" Brady would have a tough time swallowing that one.

Hey Ben, go ask your Daddy Dearest if he is still going to see Marlena....then, don't be too scared to call Jordan, tell her how close you and good ol' Dad are nowadays, how he even gave you such good advice about how to spy on Abby and know where she is every second.
And so......he is different. Be sure to tell her that, maybe she will tell you what your wonderful father did to her when she was a very young teen.

By the way, Tim is Rafe's good friend from his FBI time.

Wow, sounds like an episode I do actually want to watch! People interacting without rehashing the same disputes or hitting the sheets.

So Clyde saw a script for prenatal vitamins (you need a script for those? Vitamins are over the counter here) but not the forms for the paternity testing?

I've decided I can deal with Kate and Justin (short term) if it gets her away from skeevy Clyde.

They really need to get Jordan to come back for a visit and spend a couple of episodes reaming out Ben/filling him in on Clyde/tie up loose ends.

@leebee81 ~ I don't know if this is still true here, but way back when I was pregnant, prenatal vitamins had to be prescribed.

I wonder if "they" are going to try to redeem Will. I say "way too late" for that. I think the current regime has made that mistake several times -- i.e. damage characters beyond the point of redemption. I think that Justin and Adrienne could still be repaired, but there are several folks that are beyond hope, and I think Will is one of them.

All in all a pretty good episode I felt but there were a few things that kind of had me rolling my eyes a bit.

Hope and Abigailcontinuing to talk in front of the dapper Don of Dixie while he worked on the sink. They might as well have stood on either over him on either side and talked. And I have to say I didn't find it surprising or odd that he just happened had a bag of tools handy even though he is currently living in a hotel, I'm sure he keeps them in the back of the pickup. :)

Paul: Let's see over the past four or five monthsWill has done nothing but spit venom and accuse you of trying to break up his marriage to Sonny. Heck he's just stopped short of accusing you of intentionally ramming the Titanic into that iceberg. Although he probably just hasn't gotten around to that yet. And then suddenly out of the blue he's inviting you to join him, Sonny and the guys in a basketball game? Nope nothing suspicious here at all. *sigh*

Despite that I did enjoy those scenes. I thought they were brought some sense of lightness to cut into the angst. I liked Rafe's good-bye: "Good game, Ben, Will, Sonny, Paul." Glances at Chad and walks away. I just got kind of chuckle out of that and Chad's response.

And finally I watched Arianna trying to "engage" in conversation with Chad with a big grin. That was just too cute.

Lee, I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan popped up either by the same actress or as a recast. I also had the same thought on the prenatal vitamins. They could have just showed an appointment card for a sonogram.

Kate's outfit was horrendous. It's the same one she had on last week but today was the first day I noticed the shoes. Just awful. If the actress is dressing her, they need to stop that and have wardrobe do it. And I'm so sick of Kate's schemes too. I'm really just over this character.

Clyde was extra creepy today, more so than usual. I'm actually scared for Abigail now. Let's hope he meets his maker before something happens to her or the baby. The whole tool belt thing was ridiculous. It's also the super's responsibility in a rental, not Clyde's. I would have called the building owner or management company before Clyde. He could have just as easily been coming over to drop off a check or something for Ben.

I'm all for mixing up characters but I would have much rather have seen Rafe playing with Eric, Brady, and Lucas instead of the younger guys. The Lucas-Adrienne scene wasn't that important. To Jason's point, Derrick could have played in Rafe's place to round out that crowd.

I did like Hope questioning Rafe about Ben. I'm starting to feel that these storylines are intertwined. THAT is how you create an umbrella story.

I had tears in my eyes at the end during the Chad, Abby and Ari scene. Great nod to history that would have been even greater had Chad said "Grami and Uncle Rafe did a great job raising Grace in the short time she was here". I loved how Ari was interacting with Chad too. Those sunglasses were too cute.

Hope and Abigail continuing to talk in front of the dapper Don of Dixie while he worked on the sink. They might as well have stood on either over him on either side and talked. And I have to say I didn't find it surprising or odd that he just happened had a bag of tools handy even though he is currently living in a hotel, I'm sure he keeps them in the back of the pickup. :)

Forgot to mention this too but I thought it was stupid too how they were talking right in front of Clyde. They seriously couldn't change the subject or turn on the tv?!?

:rotfl:about the tools

That whole scenario of talking just a few feet from Clyde reminded me of when Kate had sex with Dan, and was CONSTANTLY getting him aside with that "no one must ever know..or Chelsea can never find out" conversations.

And then, to have him sneak back into the apartment. I did like that he pressed the button in the door so it would not lock, a detail often overlooked.
And by the way.........yes, we can get regular vitamins galore over the counter, but pre-natal was by prescription....at least when I was pregnant.

I spend a lot of time in vitamin shops and supplement sections at the drug store. I'm 100% sure you can buy pre-natals over the counter. There are multiple brands available too. :)

Sonny: You want to explain
Paul: This wasn't my idea...Will invited me to play
Sonny: Seriously?
Paul: Yeah! I was surprised too.
Sonny: This is great.

Did I miss something?! How is this great? What is happening here? Am I the only one who remembers that the elephant in the room isn't that Paul is Sonny's ex, but is that he's the man that Will cheated on Sonny with? How are the three of them so nonchalant about this? How were the writers so nonchalant about this? This story has swerved so far off course that sometimes I forget that Will cheated on Sonny WITH Paul, and I guess that seems to be the goal currently - for us to forget.

Back