Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 25, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 25, 2016

An interesting show today. Aiden visits his son at Shady Hills, but the habit of lying to someone he professes to love continues. He claims to Chase that all is well with him & Hope, Chase is not believing this since they returned early. So now Aiden claims that tho he & Hope had a good time, he made the decision to return early, to back off, give her some time and space. Again, Chase is not believing this, but Aiden persists, the guard says it is time for his group therapy, so Chase leaves.

Ciara is visiting her mom in the hospital, mostly small talk. Ciara does praise Rafe, who she knows loves Hope so much, and knows he saved Hope's life. Her supervisor has called or something, wondering why Ciara is not there, Hope is glad she loves her job, Ciara notes it is not a job, but volunteering, but she likes it, learned a lot, especially why seeing a psychiatrist is a good thing for many. She does mention having to see Chase when she is there, but says it is o.k.

Over at the Hernandez homes, Mami has made a huge noon day meal, chicken, potatoes, for Rafe & Eduardo. But she badgers, complains, does her very best impression of Marie Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond mother) as she pokes, prods, complains, etc. about Hope to Rafe. Even though Rafe explains how Hope lost her husband to cancer, was conned by the 2nd husband, is the victim here, she persists. She wants Rafe to forget about her, she is trouble, no good will come of it. Gabi rushes in, so glad to see Rafe, to see for herself he is o.k., scolds her mother for getting on Rafe's case, but, Mami persists.

Gabi is alone with her mother in the park, trying to convince her Hope is a good person, much better than all the other women Rafe has been with in Salem. Eduardo is with Rafe convincing him that he should have had backup when he went to the house.

They are all together (this was very disjointed to me, the family all there, then separate, then together again. Mami is back on her "no Hope" bandwagon.

Rafe gets angry, he is saying what would you have me do if Hope wasn't in my life? Start seeing Blanca? Mami shrugs, she is a nice girl, but Rafe is raising his voice, he doesn't want Blanca, there will never be anything between them, ever, even if Hope was not in the picture.

Eduardo does an "ahem", noting Blanca is in the room. She apologizes for not saying she was there, Rafe apologizes for what he said, Eduardo makes up some excuse about going to check on some cake or something, and takes Mami out the door. Gabi finishes up her plate, drinks down the java & leaves to "check on ARi, who has a rash or something. Rafe again apologizes, Blanca says no need, thanking him for letting her stay there, but since she has a job now, she thinks she should get her own place. Rafe wants to get to the hospital, tells her to take her time, make sure she finds a nice one.

Ciara is at Shady Hills, Chase is talking to her, knows something is wrong between their parents, they came early. Ciara is short with him, doesn't really want to talk, but finally does, telling him how his father lied, lied to them all. All about the blood samples proving he was not taken after the proposal, that he is the one who married her mother, and went to their wedding night, all the while planning to kill her that night. Chase is shaken up as Ciara stalks out.

Rafe arrives in Hope's hospital room, big bouquet of flowers, has talked to Kayla, Hope will be out in a couple of days. He will help in any way he can, she knows that, talks of having family & friends around, especially you. Her hand is in his.

Gabi returns, Blanca is trying to find apt. listings on her tablet, and is unable to save those who interest her. Gabi helps, gets it all organized for her, and evidently showed her how to do it herself. Blanca has to go to work, mentions buying Gabi a drink sometime, telling her to bring JJ, and maybe he might have a cute friend to bring along. Gabi thought she was not interested in looking for anyone. Blanca isn't, but wants to keep her options open.

Eduardo & Mami sit in the restaurant, as he tries reasoning with her about Rafe being a grown man, stop trying to run his life. She thinks he makes poor choices in women...He talks of how he appreciates her understanding how he had to leave, or her & the family would have been in danger.She admires how he has tried to make amends to the families of those affected. His hand goes over hers, she pulls it away, wants to go look for Dario in the back. After she leaves, he pulls out a note...."you think you can buy our silence? This is just the beginning - Murderer! "

Aiden sits in his room, remembering all different scenes with him & Hope (flashbacks) when there is a knock at the door. Gee, it is his other half, his dark side, I guess. Suit, tie, loud, matter of fact, telling it like it is. He tells weak Aiden to face it, he has lost Hope, will never get her back. Talks of how weak willed he is, that no one in town would give him the time of day. He tells him that what he needs is a position of power, of control, one where people would look up to him, fear him.

Later, Aiden is looking at his tablet, reading something about someone getting an indictment. Evidently has to do with Justin. (Again, sorry, not enough time to make it all out). Aiden looks up, huge grin spreading across his face.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. It sounded like a good show until Aiden at the end of the summary.

Aiden better not replace Justin as DA. It was bad enough to have a DA with a huge ego, but a psychotic DA is even worse. I'd have to do a heck of a lot of fast forwarding.

Mami is getting on my ever loving last nerve. Somebody please gag that woman.

Mrs. Hernandez is a little annoying interfering in her grown son's life. I am still hoping that Rafe/Hope end up like Joey/Rachel on Friends. They think they are all hot for each other but when it comes down to doing it they can't because they know it's wrong. Hey a girl can hope!

And still hating how they have ruined Aiden and Chase.

Maybe they call daycare for older 3-4 yr. olds "preschool" now???

There are a lot summer preschools. I've been working in them this entire month...1 or 2 every day. They take a 2 week break right before everyone goes back to school. Today's school was working on the letter "N", and the kids were singing a song about "Nancy the nightingale sitting in her nest eating nuts".

Maybe they call daycare for older 3-4 yr. olds "preschool" now???
I had a coworker who called her daughter's daycare "school". It used to annoy the daylights out of another coworker. Their babies (and they were infants) were the same age. The one coworker would say "oh, at school, my little Bitsy is already learning things" and the other one would seethe and say "what, and my little Muffy is a moron at 8 weeks old, just sitting on her rump in daycare????"

It was rather humorous to watch.

I REALLY hate to say this but the writing on today's episode made me think Rafe/Hope is the new Daniel. Every scene either featured them or talked about them. They may as well have billed this one as another "special" episode because it had one subject.

IS IT REALLY SO DIFFICULT for this show to give me a single scene with Hope and BOTH of her children?!? She does have 2 (actually 3) you know. I guess I should be happy Ciara mentioned Shawn but give me a break. He was with Belle on Friday and today was nowhere to be seen. I don't believe for a second that he wouldn't visit his mom after what just happened. Plus he knows Aiden has been lurking around.

As much as I love Rafe, I'm getting tired of his parents suddenly meddling in his adult life. Where were they during his coma? And I'm also sick of dining scenes in the Hernandez kitchen. It's time to expand horizons here a little bit. I could also do without Mama H.

I also think Aiden is going to try to become DA. Does he know about Hope and Rafe covering up Stefano's death or just Andre's speculation?

I don't care what Rafe says, I think he is a tiny tiny bit crushing on Blanca! That said, today's last scene with Rafe and Hope actually had me smiling and liking the two of them together. I just noticed today, (maybe it's been that way and I just didn't notice) but the stuff on Eduardo's chin is trimmed back farther! Yay! The writing, to me, is pretty much on the wall that Aiden somehow becomes the next DA.

I like Mama H, simply for the fact that she doesn't think Hope walks on water and is calling her out on going back to Aiden and stringing Rafe along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like Gabi throwing shade at Sami. I thought Gabi and Sami got along. And Sami was by far Rafe's best pairing. I can understand Gabi being upset that sami cheated on Rafe but she wasn't a bad match for him. They were together for quite some time.

I do like that Mama H doesn't like Hope. I also think that at least one of Hope's kids should be against this pairing, for sheer fact that it's too soon since Bo died.

While I can understand her concern, Mami is far too intrusive in the life of her adult son. He is the one who managed to keep the family afloat, made something of himself, got into the FBI, etc. all on his own. He has married, has close relationships with those stepchildren, been injured, recovered, was in a coma for months, even had a short romance with his therapist, all on his own. Suddenly, his mother feels she has to direct his life? The man is in his 40s now, or nearly. What the heck?

I loved Gabi telling her mother (who wanted Rafe to begin living a normal life )that her father was an assassin, her brother a cop, she herself was in prison for killing a man, that their lives are not "normal"

Not only was Sami the best pairing for Rafe, so far, but Rafe was Sami's best pairing, and she certainly had a lot of them. LOL

:OT: @Heather - Did you by any chance get a letter published in SOD? Saw something when I checked a few of the back pages while standing in checkout line? :back:

Aiden: I am sooooo glad they brought him back. Because it's clear that the fleet of Greyhound buses they threw him under the first time around clearly didn't do a good enough job destroying his character the first time around. But I have every faith that the convoy of Sherman tanks will more then get the job done! I also have to say that reading about indictments also gives me a good chuckle in the morning.

*Strange I feel like there's someone I'm forgetting*

Now I have been a big fan of Mama H from the very beginning but even I have to admit that her constant anti-Hope diatribes are starting to become repetitive and I hate to say it a bit shrill. I know I can hear some of you saying "what you do mean by 'starting to become'". Like I said I'm a big fan. :)

Hopefully Eduardo got through to her at the end. Speaking of Eduardo I'm sure a lot of people probably forgot that he not only was he ever getting threatening messages but that started back in May.

The thing about these kinds of stories is that they need to build momentum to keep people interested and you can't really do that if the story is only on once or twice a month. I am still interested but they've got a lot of catching up to do on this one in my opinion.

Darn it who is it I've been been forgetting. it's driving me absolutely crazy.....

Oh hey, Gabi what have you been doing with yourself girl! TACKLEHUG

I loved every minute she was on screen. From the way she tried to reason with Mami to the look on her face when she realized that Rafe and Blanca were having an awkward moment. LOL

I loved the girl bonding moments between her and Blanca.

But I have to say as much as I enjoyed those scenes I am not sure we can trust Blanca, I mean somebody had to slip that note into Eduardo's jacket and I can't think of anybody else it can be, I know that Blanca since she's a newbie with no other connections other then the Hernandez family she's obvious answer. Some would say too obvious but I'm reminded of a principal in philosophy called Occam's Razor which states: "All things being equal, the easiest answer is usually the correct one." *There may be a bit more but that's the crux of it.* And in this case Blanca may be the right answer.

Like I said I like Blanca and I liked her scenes with Gabi so I hope I'm wrong on this.

Anyway enough of the doom and gloom, the important thing is Gabi is back on our screens!! :) :) :)

All I ask is please don't go away like that again!

*Ha I bet you all were thinking I really forgot weren't you? Well got your nose!! LOL*

Last edited:
Mami stop being a pain, the man is 40 and you haven't seen any of his girlfriends in Salem. Sami was the good one. If this were Jordan, you would have every right. I could never understand that attraction accept physically. She was beautiful but zero personality.

Sami and Rafe were a 100x better together than Sami and Jr.

Ciara - no way on God's green earth is there a way for you to be ok around your rapist without years of therapy. Stop pretending. Stop talking to him. In fact just stop talking altogether.

Blanca and Guillermo are probably connected in the Eduardo gaslighting. He is probably wanting revenge on Eduardo.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, great idea Moira.......So.....how did Eduardo know there was a note in his inside pocket. (I may have missed something)

Eduardo reached into his jacket pocket for his cell phone to call Dario I think. That's when he saw the envelope and said something like "This wasn't in there when I got dressed."

Last edited:
Back