Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 25, 2016

I liked all the parts without Rafe, Hope and Aiden...and the other parts where they weren't talking about Rafe Hope or Aiden....wait a minute!!! :rotfl:

Guess that is what makes us all want to be here. Different reasons, different reactions, different likes & dislikes. After all, different story featured on different days.

The fact is, both Hope & Rafe were injured in the explosion, Hope more seriously. Rafe worked hard, despite his injury, to find a way out, and managed to do so finally. Thus Hope was able to have needed surgery, etc. While it is my opinion we should have seen her with tubes galore after that surgery, I realize that the doctors & nurses use Salem water to wash up themselves, plus clean her up, so.....heck, with all the blood loss that was mentioned, she did not even need a transfusion. LOL No antibiotics, no feeding tube. Ain't Salem great?

So....while she exasperates me no end, Mami was shown to be the interfering prying mother she is (as I said, Marie Barone) but softening towards the ex-husband who still cares for her, and it shows. Rafe was shown to be tired and aggravated by her persistence, and unwillingness to acknowledge that Hope saved Rafe's life at great risk to her own. & Gabi came in to back up Rafe, scold her mother, & perhaps bond a bit with Blanca. Overall, the Hernandez family scenes were good. As to "another meal around the table".....yes, it is a shame that is the only way we see them, but after all, there is only a kitchen in that home, so we cannot see them in the living room, watching TV in family room, or even sitting jabbering on a patio. LOL And just remember all the complaints made of the fact that NO family in Salem is ever shown sitting at home, enjoying a meal and "family time". Not the Kiriakis, DiMera, Johnson, Brady, Black, Hortons, Carvers, Deveraux, ...none. So.. the fact that at least one family does so....hey, let's not complain.

As to Aiden.....not liking at all what is being done to this character, but I think Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is doing a good job at showing the side of Aiden we did not know about when he first appeared. I really don't like that his return did not remove him from under the bus, but as has been noted, now seems to have a fleet of them rolling over him.

I think Aiden belongs in Shady Hills since he was talking to himself. I wonder why Aiden's
room wasn't cleaned by the maid. Did he have the "do not disturb" sign on the door?

Nice to see Ciara with her mom. It's been too long since we've seen them together.

I thought of Troy when Gabi arrived at the house.

Adriana is sort of correct that it was Hope's fault Rafe was tied to the bomb. Hope
killed Stefano and Rafe helped cover it up.

Line of the day goes Eduardo "She's here. Blanca" when Rafe and Adriana were
talking about her.

No, in my opinion, it was not Hope's fault. It was Andre's, and Aiden's. NO ONE knows or has any kind of proof of Hope killing Stefano. And if Andre wanted revenge he should have arranged to end Hope's life, not Rafe's. He only promised Aiden a favor, if Aiden got him out of jail. Aiden did, and wanted Rafe out of the way of him romancing Hope. Andre' obliged.

Rafe got tied to the bomb because he stupidly (as his father noted) went to check something out without a partner, without backup of any kind, and without telling anyone he was going there. He fell neatly into a trap.....which Aiden bragged about. How he set up a series of clues to lead Rafe to that house.

Gabi is alone with her mother in the park, trying to convince her Hope is a good person, much better than all the other women Rafe has been with in Salem.
Sami, maybe; Kate, definitely; Jordan, not a chance.
"you think you can buy our silence? This is just the beginning - Murderer! "
I'm really interested in the conclusion of this story, which, judging by the pacing, should happen in May Sweeps 2020.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hate the writing for the Jenningses. What is this "dark side" baloney? Give me a break. And I'll join the chorus that is confused as to why Aiden was brought back only to be further ruined. Oy vey.

Let me clarify: I think Sami and Rafe were a good couple. And Sami was not as horrible a person as she had been when with Rafe, at first. But she was still a monster (if we use Salem/Days writers' logic) compared to other Salemites, whatwith her raping, scheming, paternity-test-switching, blackmailing, babynapping ways.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. It sounded like a good show until Aiden at the end of the summary.

Aiden better not replace Justin as DA. It was bad enough to have a DA with a huge ego, but a psychotic DA is even worse. I'd have to do a heck of a lot of fast forwarding.

Mami is getting on my ever loving last nerve. Somebody please gag that woman.
I was hoping they would exit Aiden and Chase from Salem. I agree with the fast forwarding. Keep Justin. I have to admit I like him on GH as Ned.

Why does Mami even bother preparing a meal for her family? They generally just pick at the food before rushing off on some errand or another. Today, Gabi seemed to be the only one to take a real interest in her food -- she was really digging into her pie. Perhaps, she still remembers how bland and boring prison food was. Speaking of Gabi, if she wants to convince Mami that Hope isn't so bad, she should describe the careers or former Rafe loves, Kate and Sami, for her. (The thought of her boy carrying on with Ms. Blue Chunk alone would give Mami the heebie-jeebies.) Finally, it's likely that Aiden is thinking about the D.A. position because he now on a power trip and thinks this would impress Hope. Assuming that this is an elective position, what's his campaign pitch going to be: "Elect Jennings D.A. -- he knows how to handle necktie stranglers. He was planning to become one himself?"

I agreed with what Gabi said today. Based on Rafe's past choices in women, Hope is definitely the best one he has been with in Salem, and I say this even though I don't like Rafe and Hope together or the way both of them have been written this year. While I agree Sami was his best pairing, as a person, Sami would have been any mother in law's worst nightmare. Mami should have been around when Rafe was married to Sami, and when she chose EJ over Rafe. After that, he went out with Kate, who was definitely the worst, and bland Jordan. Mami would be praising Hope if she saw Rafe's other choices.

It was good to see Gabi today, although I was disappointed that they did not explain her absence on the show recently (I was hoping there would be a throwaway line that she and Ari were visiting Sonny in Paris). Also, did she move out of Rafe's house? It sounded like when she came in that she had to come over to see him after he was injured. Came over from where? She can't be modeling because she works for Brady and Theresa and all of their efforts are on finding Tate right now.

While I liked Ciara visiting Hope in the hospital, I would have liked it if Shawn and Claire, as well as Doug and Julie, were there to see her too.

So Aiden has to have a visual double in the room to talk to himself? It looks like he is going to go after Justin's position as DA as he was looking at that story about him on his tablet at the end.

So Jason, just to make sure I'm not putting words in your mouth, but I'm kind of getting the impression that you are of the mindset that that there perhaps could be some room for improvement where the writing for both Aiden and Chase Jennings is concerned. Am I correct in this impression? LOL

I agreed with what Gabi said today. Based on Rafe's past choices in women, Hope is definitely the best one he has been with in Salem, and I say this even though I don't like Rafe and Hope together or the way both of them have been written this year. While I agree Sami was his best pairing, as a person, Sami would have been any mother in law's worst nightmare. Mami should have been around when Rafe was married to Sami, and when she chose EJ over Rafe. After that, he went out with Kate, who was definitely the worst, and bland Jordan. Mami would be praising Hope if she saw Rafe's other choices.

I would have paid money to see Sami and Mami in a scene together lol. Alison Sweeney (Sami) also speaks fluent Spanish so I bet they would have played that up too. Sami didn't choose EJ over Rafe. When Rafe dumped her after Gabi's wedding, she chose EJ by default.

Just when I thought most of the annoying characters were starting to mellow out, Mami Hernandez opens her mouth. This woman really should go back to wherever it was and stay there.

Came over from where? She can't be modeling because she works for Brady and Theresa and all of their efforts are on finding Tate right now.
You're assuming that Days of Our Lives takes place within a single narrative universe, which is actually not true. It is multiple overlapping spacetimes that trick the viewers into thinking these things are actually all happening to the same people in the same timeline in a similar place. Common mistake. :)

Sami's Spanish was better than Rafe's, LOL.

You are correct @Troy42 .

I don't think Galen Gering (Rafe) knows a lick of Spanish. Could be why Rafe 2 was written to not know how to speak or know Spanish when Dario and Gabi were speaking it. And even the rare couple words Rafe has muttered in Spanish his accent never changes and says it in the same pronunciation as well as sound of his English voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back